THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

One of the most important things you will ever do (as a fan of AFP, at least): Sign up for THE MAILING LIST!

Pages: 1 ... 175 176 177 178 [179] 180 181 182 183 ... 185   Go Down

Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 371461 times)

Hakushi

Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #2670 on: April 02, 2013, 04:09:11 PM »

Hello! I am Hakushi (pronounced HAK-shee), which is a Japanese word for "Blank Paper". I just joined today, and will probably lurk for a few weeks before I post anything, but I thought I'd say hi first.

I've been a fan of Amanda's since the Dresden Dolls (though I got on board late, about 2007). I knit a lot, read a lot, draw a lot, and look like an idiot a lot.

meganpaige

• has 74 Indja Points.
  • I am a delicious boat.
    • twitter
« Reply #2671 on: April 02, 2013, 08:21:34 PM »

Hello! I am Hakushi (pronounced HAK-shee), which is a Japanese word for "Blank Paper". I just joined today, and will probably lurk for a few weeks before I post anything, but I thought I'd say hi first.

I've been a fan of Amanda's since the Dresden Dolls (though I got on board late, about 2007). I knit a lot, read a lot, draw a lot, and look like an idiot a lot.

Ooh! Welcome! Don't lurk too long. I'm looking forward to your posts!  :)
"nobody's going to come up to you and tell you to stop cuddling a monk and put your seatbelt on and while i'm over here what the fuck are you doing cuddling this monk?" - amanda fucking palmer

AllieDiana

• Anatomy Murderer Since 1828
« Reply #2672 on: April 02, 2013, 09:29:41 PM »

I've been lurking/posting a tiny bit but I guess I'm just getting around to doing this now.

I'm Allie, and I'm in college as a biology and history, philosophy and social studies of science and medicine double major. I used to do theater, comedy especially, but for now acting's pretty much emotionally exhausted me, in a weird way, and I need a break. I plan to go back eventually and look forward to being on stage again. For now I row boats on a really gross part of the Chicago River, which is tough but tons of fun.

I've liked Amanda's music for sometime and I remember listening to the Dolls in like, middle school (so around 07 at first?). :)

albe

« Reply #2673 on: April 21, 2013, 06:30:49 AM »

Okay, i'm putting myself late just so that i can say you hallo, i hope you feel guilty now.
(fact is my english is not that good when i can't make big gestures so that everybody understand what i am saying, this is at least my 7th try for this message, took me 30 min to write it hahaha... i like long sentance - Okay, NOW I'm late ~ have a nice day)

Faloleen

« Reply #2674 on: April 21, 2013, 02:28:59 PM »

Hi albe and welcome! Where are you from?
Fate is not a factor.

albe

« Reply #2675 on: April 22, 2013, 06:54:13 AM »

earth :) (I swear)

daniel

• Business coaching and training
« Reply #2676 on: May 10, 2013, 07:23:03 AM »

Hello to Everyone

I m daniel and like to make friends.

nikkiana

• Authentic Experience
« Reply #2677 on: May 17, 2013, 12:36:35 AM »

So, I guess I signed up on this boards forever and a day ago.... Yep, just looked... 2009 and then for some reason never got into the swing of posting here and then forgot, and then tonight I was feeling all sad that all of the message boards I used to frequent have either closed or the participation has dropped off, so I figured.... Why not? I'll stop by and check it out.  So, hi! I'm Nikkiana. I live in New York.  I'm writing a book and I make websites and I keep at blog and knit socks.
nikkiana

sangrebloom

• I'm working toward something, I don't know what...
« Reply #2678 on: May 17, 2013, 02:01:01 AM »

Hellooo! you sound so fun and crafty! :love5:
I had to google pegging.

"I'm generally confused - I can't hear you over my obnoxious wealth"

Indja Points:40

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #2679 on: May 17, 2013, 11:04:22 AM »

hi to all the new people who've joined since the last time I looked in on this thread. :)

welcome, have a look around and make yourself at home. Oh, and try not to be too much of an asshole.

That's my job.  8)

#@!

meganpaige

• has 74 Indja Points.
  • I am a delicious boat.
    • twitter
« Reply #2680 on: May 17, 2013, 04:13:52 PM »

^^

Sigh.
"nobody's going to come up to you and tell you to stop cuddling a monk and put your seatbelt on and while i'm over here what the fuck are you doing cuddling this monk?" - amanda fucking palmer

nikkiana

• Authentic Experience
« Reply #2681 on: May 18, 2013, 02:33:10 PM »

Hellooo! you sound so fun and crafty! :love5:

I try. :)

Trying to interject creativity into all I do.
nikkiana

AlchemicGrub

• General Von Fernandansk
« Reply #2682 on: May 19, 2013, 03:49:21 PM »

Hey everybody, my name's Maria Fernanda (but y'all can call me "Maria" for short)! I've been a Dresden Dolls + AFP fan for almost three years now, while I was living in Mali. I love drawing and eating and travelling, I had the pleasure of seeing Amanda last year in Antwerp and touching her corset when she crowd-surfed <3 <3 <3
Life is AWESOME.

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #2683 on: May 19, 2013, 11:30:43 PM »

Hey everybody, my name's Maria Fernanda (but y'all can call me "Maria" for short)! I've been a Dresden Dolls + AFP fan for almost three years now, while I was living in Mali. I love drawing and eating and travelling, I had the pleasure of seeing Amanda last year in Antwerp and touching her corset when she crowd-surfed <3 <3 <3
Life is AWESOME.

we have a member named Mali - hope u didn't make her too uncomfortable.   :P

...welcome to the 'Box!

spider jerusalem

• forever a
  • um mazzaropi incriminado
« Reply #2684 on: May 29, 2013, 01:49:08 PM »

Life is AWESOME.

Maria + another name is fairly common here. Many like to be called Maria, most prefer their second name, but all of them usually gets annoyed when called "Maria Something" - that is usually related with when their parents would ground them during their childhood.  :knuppel2:
I assembled this team for purposes of a League of Extraordinary Gentlemen thing, but in reading this thread it occurs to me they're all highly bangable. Yeah, even Spider Jerusalem.
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 177 178 [179] 180 181 182 183 ... 185   Go Up