THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

One of the most important things you will ever do (as a fan of AFP, at least): Sign up for THE MAILING LIST!

Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 367829 times)

MerPerson

• Make love, not flamewars.
    • Me on Tumblr
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #2685 on: June 01, 2013, 08:33:39 AM »

Hello everybody!

My name's Merav, I live in Russia, although my country of birth and loyalty is Israel. I have been a fan of Amanda for well over a year now. I'm an enthusiast of comic books and animation, and I'm hoping to start a webcomic project soon after summer is over. I also write, which I honestly should practice more often, and I have something similar to a novel in the works, although at the moment it's on hiatus.

Happy to meet new people! Dying for adventure. :)

Faloleen

« Reply #2686 on: June 02, 2013, 05:12:51 AM »

Welcome Merav, nice avatar!
Fate is not a factor.

Hello_Arwen

« Reply #2687 on: June 12, 2013, 05:48:03 PM »

Hello all!

A naive me registered on this a few years ago...and a naive me forgot my password (and my old email address was hacked which never helps...) and so a slightly older, squishier, but by no means any less naive me has rediscovered her love for AFP/Dresden Dolls/Stuff/Thaangs and decided to make a new account.

I just wanted to say hi to you all again and give out big squeezes and smiles and tell you that I love you all. I don't care if I've never met you, love is unconditional.

Izabella

x

MeiLin

• A gypsy queen in a fairy tale
  • Old and in the way, on purpose
    • MeiLin Miranda - Stories of Magic, Sex and Intrigue
« Reply #2688 on: June 12, 2013, 09:40:21 PM »

Hello! I'm an AFP newbie, relatively speaking. I've known about her for a while, but I didn't listen because I thought I was too old/uncool/not goth/whatever enough. Then she got involved with Himself. :) I listened, I loved, I kicked, I'm here.

I saw her live two times last year in Portland, once at a little gig at the Q Center, about 150 or so people, and once a big show with Theatre Is Evil. I have fibromyalgia, unfortunately, and I had to leave in the middle of the set. I was sick for two weeks, but it was worth it. Mostly. ;)

I'm a BPAL and fountain pen addict, and I'm a writer. Nice to meet you all.

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #2689 on: June 15, 2013, 01:44:41 AM »

Hi Mei!

I'm old, not cool, utterly not goth (and oh by the way, the Dresden Dolls are/were
officially "not goth" - check the literature).  I like them and hang out here anyway.

I hadn't actually read any Neil G until people here turned me on to his work... Go figure.

Welcome!
C/

p.s. Yeah, fibromyalgia sucks pretty hard. I don't have it, but I know people (people I met here...)
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

Diane

« Reply #2690 on: June 17, 2013, 04:06:52 PM »

Hi, I'm a French girl named Diane, I discovered the universe of Amanda Palmer, The Dresden Dolls, Brian Viglione since 2 months thanks to a boy who became now my boyfriend.  :) At first listening, I was just blowed up =__= I remember perfectly, it was The Kill by The Dolls, and I listened it at a very special moment of my life. After then, I really felt in love with this universe.

I'm really into guitar, books, steampunk, and English culture. Sorry if I made mistakes, I'm 15 and studying hardly to improve my English skills eê x)

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #2691 on: June 17, 2013, 07:24:29 PM »

welcome, and make yourself at home.   :glasses9:

spider jerusalem

• forever a
  • um mazzaropi incriminado
« Reply #2692 on: June 19, 2013, 11:06:49 PM »

Hello all!

A naive me registered on this a few years ago...and a naive me forgot my password (and my old email address was hacked which never helps...) and so a slightly older, squishier, but by no means any less naive me has rediscovered her love for AFP/Dresden Dolls/Stuff/Thaangs and decided to make a new account.

I just wanted to say hi to you all again and give out big squeezes and smiles and tell you that I love you all. I don't care if I've never met you, love is unconditional.

Izabella

x

welcome back.

Hi, I'm a French girl named Diane, I discovered the universe of Amanda Palmer, The Dresden Dolls, Brian Viglione since 2 months thanks to a boy who became now my boyfriend.  :) At first listening, I was just blowed up =__= I remember perfectly, it was The Kill by The Dolls, and I listened it at a very special moment of my life. After then, I really felt in love with this universe.

I'm really into guitar, books, steampunk, and English culture. Sorry if I made mistakes, I'm 15 and studying hardly to improve my English skills eê x)

Don't worry about your english. I do some silly mistakes too (english not my first language) and people here never pricked or whatever. Actually, in one of my first posts back in 2006, on the old board, I made a little mistake that turned out into a silly joke. I've misspelled "underrated" as "underhated", and that was kinda funny given the context of the thread.

Alas, your english is better then mine was when I was 15. hehe!

Take care.
I assembled this team for purposes of a League of Extraordinary Gentlemen thing, but in reading this thread it occurs to me they're all highly bangable. Yeah, even Spider Jerusalem.

Diane

« Reply #2693 on: June 21, 2013, 01:02:40 PM »

Thank you very much Spider Jerusalem, kinda reassuring. x)

this

« Reply #2694 on: July 30, 2013, 03:17:37 PM »

Hello Everyone,

Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889 Vienna, Austria - 1951 Cambridge, UK; http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/wittgenstein/) said that there was only one possible name, and that name is 'this'. Obviously your site is, therefore, a bit confusing to me.

I consider myself a poet, philosopher, and alchemist.
I have many hobby's, but one of my favourites is ceremonial magic. This is one of my shorter castings.

Pleased to meet you all!

This.

Kella

« Reply #2695 on: August 04, 2013, 01:40:01 AM »

Hi, introductory post. ;)  AFP newbie, started with Theatre is Evil this week after following her for a couple of years for non-music-related reasons. (Mainly just cuz she's awesome. The first time I listened to her music I couldn't get into it. These days I can't get half that album out of my head.  :headbang:) Been a fan of Neil's for a while, as well, and he's one of the authors I draw inspiration from when I write my own shit, so...  O0 (I really hope that's a thumbs-up, because I'm blind with these backup glasses...)

About me? 30 year old work-at-home mom of a precocious 4-year-old and two asshole cats with a shared death wish (the cats, not my four-year-old, though that's pending revision on a daily basis). I write stuff. Sometimes I finish it. Right now I'm trying to finish my first novel in fifteen years... really my first novel, period, since the first one was when I was 14 and was about Wesley Crusher getting a Q Continuum girlfriend, so that probably doesn't count in anyone's mind...  I've also started a round-robin collaborative fiction project (http://collaboratingchaos.wordpress.com) where people can sign up and join a fiction in progress or (if enough join up at the same time) start their own and let it run.

I'm also a fairly eclectic geek. I ran a geeky knitting business for a while, but let it go because a.) it wasn't really making any money, and b.) I started writing and couldn't stop. I still make custom shit by request though, when I have the time, and enjoy a challenge. (I've also been known to spontaneously design and yarn-bomb people with the results, like a pair of Codex socks I designed and threw at Felicia Day during BlizzCon 2011... or a 4'-tall knitted robot based off the 2D logo drawn by Jim Mahfood for The Nerd Machine that had a place of honor at Nerd HQ 2011.)

K. 'Nuff about me. ;)

Dracoa

« Reply #2696 on: August 11, 2013, 07:01:52 PM »

Hi there. My name's Brian, but that name (and any variation of it) is unavailable. So I went with my original name online. I'm a pretty easy going guy. First came across AFP cause of Neil. Follow her on Twitter, and I love the love. That was four, five months ago. Finally got around to signing up for the forums. So hi everyone.

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #2697 on: August 13, 2013, 11:20:38 PM »

Heya This, Kella and Brian!

I hadn't realized the welcoming committee was on Summer holidays.
So welcome to the 'Box - The group's pretty laid back, no one bites unless you ask,
and cookies & juice are in the kitchen.   O0
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

NikosGr

• Hidalgo
« Reply #2698 on: August 14, 2013, 12:17:51 PM »

Welcome this, Kella and Brian!

the fanbase has grown significantly since the Kickstarter, it's never too late. This may not be one of the busiest times in the 'Box, but is definitely one of the best phases of Amanda's career. Enjoy!

Dracoa

« Reply #2699 on: August 14, 2013, 09:26:35 PM »

Thanks for the welcomes. :) I tend to be on the quiet side, but when I have something to add, I'll be sure to do so. I'd love to see Amanda some day, I think that's basically the only thing on my list of things to do, right now.