THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

One of the most important things you will ever do (as a fan of AFP, at least): Sign up for THE MAILING LIST!

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 ... 185   Go Down

Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 368797 times)

Alyss

Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #1200 on: January 27, 2009, 11:15:38 PM »

Right, I'm going to try this again.

Yes, I've already introduced myself. But I lied. Alice Silence isn't real. Never has been. She is an alias that I've been using for almost a year. Why did I start using her? I honestly have no idea. Escapism, boredom...it's not important.

While it was acceptable to be Alice in other places on the internet, being Alice here has, as we've seen, caused quite a few problems. Today, I was reading over the letter Indja sent me, and then went on the SB and caused offence to sarah, and I thought to myself 'what the hell am I doing? Why don't I just be me this time?'

I've been pretending to be Alice for so long that I didn't even think about the choice involved when I registered here; I just became Alice again. But it isn't fair, to be this person that upsets everyone here, and it isn't fair to deceive everyone either. I have, quite disgustingly, abused your trust, and I am deeply sorry. This is not a forum of pretence, it is a forum of humanity.

So yes, I am that old, internet cliché: the guy who pretends to be a girl online. My name is Fergus Bovey-Hull, and I am a 20 year-old student of Drama and Scriptwriting at Northumbria University. I was born in Oxford, and grew up there. I used to work as an admin assistant for the City Assertive Outreach and Rehabilitation Team. A lot of me went into Alice, and a lot of Alice has filtered into Fergus, but I have never had even the beginning of her array of psychiatric disorders.

I should like to begin again here. I like the community (you're all Dolls fans, how could you go wrong), and have a lot of free time. I didn't mean to insult or upset anyone; Alice is a personal creation, just like a character in a play. Stupidly, I became that character and didn't let go of her when I should have.

I'll shut up at this point and let the lynching commence...

yosmark

• The Powa. The Powa.
« Reply #1201 on: January 27, 2009, 11:23:17 PM »

Wait a second, is this Wyatt????

Alyss

« Reply #1202 on: January 27, 2009, 11:25:16 PM »

I don't even know who that is...

Kovacs

« Reply #1203 on: January 27, 2009, 11:29:15 PM »

Yes, I've already introduced myself. But I lied. Alice Silence isn't real. Never has been. She is an alias that I've been using for almost a year. Why did I start using her? I honestly have no idea. Escapism, boredom...it's not important.

While it was acceptable to be Alice in other places on the internet, being Alice here has, as we've seen, caused quite a few problems. Today, I was reading over the letter Indja sent me, and then went on the SB and caused offence to sarah, and I thought to myself 'what the hell am I doing? Why don't I just be me this time?'

I've been pretending to be Alice for so long that I didn't even think about the choice involved when I registered here; I just became Alice again. But it isn't fair, to be this person that upsets everyone here, and it isn't fair to deceive everyone either. I have, quite disgustingly, abused your trust, and I am deeply sorry. This is not a forum of pretence, it is a forum of humanity.

So yes, I am that old, internet cliché: the guy who pretends to be a girl online. My name is Fergus Bovey-Hull, and I am a 20 year-old student of Drama and Scriptwriting at Northumbria University. I was born in Oxford, and grew up there. I used to work as an admin assistant for the City Assertive Outreach and Rehabilitation Team. A lot of me went into Alice, and a lot of Alice has filtered into Fergus, but I have never had even the beginning of her array of psychiatric disorders.

I should like to begin again here. I like the community (you're all Dolls fans, how could you go wrong), and have a lot of free time. I didn't mean to insult or upset anyone; Alice is a personal creation, just like a character in a play. Stupidly, I became that character and didn't let go of her when I should have.

Next time, remember that Psych Wards normally don't allow internet access, or at least that much internet access. It gave you away.  :)

Alyss

« Reply #1204 on: January 27, 2009, 11:30:08 PM »

You'd be amazed at how many people don't know that.

yosmark

• The Powa. The Powa.
« Reply #1205 on: January 27, 2009, 11:31:39 PM »

Next time, remember that Psych Wards normally don't allow internet access, or at least that much internet access. It gave you away.  :)

It made me think at the begining but I was like... maybe in first class countries they can do it.

You sure you are not W?

Alyss

« Reply #1206 on: January 27, 2009, 11:33:12 PM »

Yes, I'm sure. I'll put me up in the photos of you thread...

bexin_fairy

« Reply #1207 on: January 27, 2009, 11:40:40 PM »

Hello thar. I'm not one for introduction threads but what the hey.

I'm Rebecca, I'm from New Zealand, I'm 17 (turning 18 a whole 5 days before AP plays NZ which makes me incredibly happy), I'm shy and I have self esteem issues. I totally fucked up my last year at school so I don't really know what I'm doing now, I wish I was more artsy and I don't consider myself unique at all. (Although I am left handed). Plus I spend a ridiculous amount of time on the net.

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #1208 on: January 28, 2009, 01:31:23 AM »

Hello thar. I'm not one for introduction threads but what the hey.

I'm Rebecca, I'm from New Zealand, I'm 17 (turning 18 a whole 5 days before AP plays NZ which makes me incredibly happy), I'm shy and I have self esteem issues. I totally fucked up my last year at school so I don't really know what I'm doing now, I wish I was more artsy and I don't consider myself unique at all. (Although I am left handed). Plus I spend a ridiculous amount of time on the net.
Barack Obama is a leftie...

...and the poster just above you, Alyss, has been on this board for about a week. (Post count currently: 1053 )

Welcome!
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

Pope Totalfrog

• AKA Arse Fez von Titty Biscuit
  • Queen of the wild (suburban) frontier.
    • twitter
« Reply #1209 on: January 28, 2009, 02:18:34 AM »

You'd be amazed how many of us did. You had your fun, you made people feel bad. Now fuck off.
Wow. Froggie's like a superhero...
Trick question: No matter how they're prepared, and how hungry you may be, tarantulas are NOT food

The Angel Raliel

• ...looked the other way when a third of them fell
  • ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #1210 on: January 28, 2009, 04:20:52 AM »

to Alyss.... I just assumed you were an attention seeking 15year old......
fair enough..... Wyatt has been known to produce highly contreversial alternate personas on this forum, mainly because he wanted to see how people reacted.....this has managed to seriously upset a couple of Shadowboxers and created a lot of friction..... people tend to be quite trusting of one another on here and it is much more than a simple band forum.....
your apology is not good enough
One should always be a little improbable.

@raliel

Hush

• this is where it ends.
« Reply #1211 on: January 28, 2009, 08:35:46 AM »

You'd be amazed how many of us did. You had your fun, you made people feel bad. Now fuck off.
This.
Except the fuck off part. ... Maybe.

Half Mar

• steals flamingos and gnomes.
  • Cake Sex Riot
    • Drumssss!
« Reply #1212 on: January 28, 2009, 08:46:25 AM »

I wasn't going to respond to this, but I had to say this. You have no idea how many people you offended with the things you said, including me. And now saying that the whole thing is made up, it makes me sick. You don't go throwing around a fake life story, being a fake person. If you want to be someone else, fine. Don't do it this way. You said things that went way too far. You offended me, you offended my friends. I won't forgive that. Good that you're saying it now that the whole thing is a fake, but for me... it's too late. Next time, use your brains buddy. Think before you do these things to people that have feelings.
Quote from: Audrey
she's captain of the awesome ship
Quote from: Lucy
if you had a giant spoon you could scoop up an evil person with that spoon and feed them to a giant for breakfast -like a good hearty bowl of evil
Quote from: Chloe
my flatmates can suck on my meat loaf

slyvia k

« Reply #1213 on: January 28, 2009, 09:02:02 AM »

This.
Except the fuck off part. ... Maybe.
qft

The Angel Raliel

• ...looked the other way when a third of them fell
  • ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #1214 on: January 28, 2009, 09:03:05 AM »

unfortunately this person ahs already done so on other forums... where people are perhaps a little more easily convinced, and has made a big thing about the death of friends etc....we are just the latest victims of this cruel joke
One should always be a little improbable.

@raliel
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 ... 185   Go Up