THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda is making Art with your support on Patreon. Join become a patron and help AFP make ALL THE THINGS.

Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 367830 times)

NikosGr

• Hidalgo
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #2700 on: August 15, 2013, 06:07:58 AM »

Thanks for the welcomes. :) I tend to be on the quiet side, but when I have something to add, I'll be sure to do so. I'd love to see Amanda some day, I think that's basically the only thing on my list of things to do, right now.

where do you live? meeting Amanda is relatively easy. She almost always stays after a gig to meet people.

Dracoa

« Reply #2701 on: August 15, 2013, 04:09:54 PM »

Thanks for the welcomes. :) I tend to be on the quiet side, but when I have something to add, I'll be sure to do so. I'd love to see Amanda some day, I think that's basically the only thing on my list of things to do, right now.

where do you live? meeting Amanda is relatively easy. She almost always stays after a gig to meet people.

I'm in Virginia, kinda the middle of nowhere. lol I missed the house party, not even sure what part of VA it was in. Unfortunately I have the issue of no money, but I am keeping an eye on tours, etc. That's good to know she almost always stays after to meet people. I've met a handful of other musicians that way. Really cool people, from what I can tell, Amanda is the same, really cool.

NikosGr

• Hidalgo
« Reply #2702 on: August 15, 2013, 04:23:55 PM »

many would say, she's the definition of cool ^-^
I completely understand what you're saying about money. That was the main reason I didn't get to see her live for many years. Hopefully she'll tour somewhere close to where you are.

Dracoa

« Reply #2703 on: August 15, 2013, 08:53:35 PM »

I completely understand what you're saying about money. That was the main reason I didn't get to see her live for many years. Hopefully she'll tour somewhere close to where you are.

Well I've met some pretty cool people, but I'm sure she's just as cool.

I hope so. There's two cities possible, one about a half hour drive away, the other about an hour away. I kinda live out in the middle of nowhere. lol It's nice and quiet, but annoying if I want to do, well, anything really.

NikosGr

• Hidalgo
« Reply #2704 on: August 16, 2013, 04:54:04 AM »

Well I've met some pretty cool people, but I'm sure she's just as cool.

I hope so. There's two cities possible, one about a half hour drive away, the other about an hour away. I kinda live out in the middle of nowhere. lol It's nice and quiet, but annoying if I want to do, well, anything really.
I can't find a proper gigography link, and I don't have my dresden dolls companions with me, but if you check this http://www.setlist.fm/setlists/amanda-palmer-5bd60398.html for past setlists, you can see some of the places she's played over the years. I live in Europe so I don't know what States she's been playing regularly, but I'm sure you can find what the nearest one to you has been.

Dracoa

« Reply #2705 on: August 16, 2013, 02:20:06 PM »

I can't find a proper gigography link, and I don't have my dresden dolls companions with me, but if you check this http://www.setlist.fm/setlists/amanda-palmer-5bd60398.html for past setlists, you can see some of the places she's played over the years. I live in Europe so I don't know what States she's been playing regularly, but I'm sure you can find what the nearest one to you has been.

Thanks. If I can get some regular income, I might be able to expand the range I can go to, up to a couple hours drive up into Maryland or down to the southern part of Virginia. We'll just have to see. First I need to get some income. Until then, I can make some AFP friends.

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #2706 on: August 16, 2013, 07:32:46 PM »

Thanks. If I can get some regular income, I might be able to expand the range I can go to, up to a couple hours drive up into Maryland or down to the southern part of Virginia. We'll just have to see. First I need to get some income. Until then, I can make some AFP friends.
Traveling from Richmond, I saw my first Dolls show at The Norva in Norfolk, and
I have since seen Dolls/AFP in Northern Virginia, DC, Baltimore (and Philadelphia,
but that's a bit far for a same-day trip; Balto is far enough...)
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

Dracoa

« Reply #2707 on: August 16, 2013, 09:25:49 PM »

Traveling from Richmond, I saw my first Dolls show at The Norva in Norfolk, and
I have since seen Dolls/AFP in Northern Virginia, DC, Baltimore (and Philadelphia,
but that's a bit far for a same-day trip; Balto is far enough...)

I'm closer to Fredericksburg, so NOVA would likely be my best bet, unless there was a Richmond show. I would personally prefer Richmond, since I know it a bit better. I've not done much exploring of NOVA. And yeah, B-more is about far enough, a couple hours just to get to BWI from where I am. It'd probably be about the same trip length for Norfolk.

Ukalicious

« Reply #2708 on: October 10, 2013, 03:34:23 PM »

Hello. My name is Julie Vaughn. Ukalicious is the name of my band where I sing & play ukulele, my husband plays U-bass and we work as a duo usually but recently have decided to add violin and drums. I write original songs and some of them, along with a lot of jazz standards and covers are on my YouTube channel. I am a huge fan of Amanda Palmer and adore everything she does. I have been lurking here for quite a while but last night I finally posted here for the first time.

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #2709 on: October 10, 2013, 06:47:09 PM »

hi to all the new people who've joined since the last time I looked in on this thread. :)

welcome, have a look around and make yourself at home. Oh, and try not to be too much of an asshole.

That's my job.  8)

#@!

Jolwin

« Reply #2710 on: November 01, 2013, 02:44:57 PM »

Hi
My name is Jolien, or Jolwin on most internet sites. I've been a AFP/dresden dolls fan for about 2 years...I think? Tomorrow I'm going to my first AFP concert, and I'm super excited! I don't know anyone IRL whose a fan and hope to change that by finding people here ^^
I can't play any instrument so maybe I should take amanda's advice and start rocking out on a ukulele ;)
Nice to meet you all!

Rob@inthepoppyfields

« Reply #2711 on: November 01, 2013, 03:36:53 PM »

Hi
My name is Jolien, or Jolwin on most internet sites. I've been a AFP/dresden dolls fan for about 2 years...I think? Tomorrow I'm going to my first AFP concert, and I'm super excited! I don't know anyone IRL whose a fan and hope to change that by finding people here ^^

Hey Jolwin,

I went to my first AFP gig this year on my own at the Roundhouse in London....it was simply one of the best concerts I've ever been too and introduced me to other artists that I now love like Perhaps Contraption and Bitter Ruin. I know you'll have a great time!

peluq

« Reply #2712 on: November 14, 2013, 10:28:29 AM »

Hi everyone!
I'm Lorenzo, italian guy, 29 years old. I listen to Amanda since... I don't know, 2007 maybe, but my first AFP live was a week ago, the 9th of november in Milan and that was fucking awesome! So bad she come to Italy so rarely...
I hope to find some new friend in here!

Faloleen

« Reply #2713 on: November 14, 2013, 10:45:38 AM »

Welcome Lorenzo!
Fate is not a factor.

Terina

• Giver-Taker
    • Tumblr - anothersaturdaymorning
« Reply #2714 on: November 27, 2013, 06:57:16 AM »

Hello hello lovely people! :wave: I'm Katerina and I'm from greece. I love music and painting, and all the colourful things. I've been a fan for some years, but I finally decided to make an account here, now.
I'm still trying to get used to the forum, as it is quite different from the ones I've been into so far, but I'm sure I'll manage somehow! ;D :D