THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Itching to see Amanda in concert? Visit the tour page to see if she's playing a city near you!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 13  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Pedophila Today  (Read 25201 times)

Mockery

• Frank L. Baum's past bride and Oz princess
  • Lovely, lovely lady lumps
Pedophila Today
« on: July 19, 2011, 02:46:57 PM »

I watch Law and Order: SVU all the time and I recently watched two episodes that dealt with pedophiles.

First, there was a group that was trying to get pedophilc relationships legal and they were arguing that they were being discriminated against like black people and gay people were a long time ago.  Now when I first heard that, it made me mad because those are two different things. Skin is something you can't change but being a pedophile is a sickness that causes you to think taking a child innocence is okay. A child does not understand the concepts of love and sex.

The second episode was even worse because it involved a guy who was trying to convince Stabler (one of the detectives) that the love he had for little girls was as pure as being married with an adult. It made me mad to realize that people are actually like that.

So what do you think? Lets begin the debate!
was too busy looking at the attractive girl in the weird paint vag bib.

I have 47 Indja Points

The Angel Raliel

• ...looked the other way when a third of them fell
  • ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
Re: Pedophila Today
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 02:56:38 PM »

simple answer....I think paedophilia is not a choice in the same way manic depression or other innate behavioural disorders are not a choice........(not the same as homosexuality is not a choice as that is perfectly healthy and generally involves perfectly consentual sex between two adults) any activity that involves corruption of innocents in this way is wrong but should be treated as mental illness rather than criminality as criminal punishment does very little to deal with the real issues involved
One should always be a little improbable.

@raliel

Mockery

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 03:07:47 PM »

So people who rape children shouldn't go to jail?

I have 47 Indja Points

slyvia k

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 03:13:26 PM »

i'm sorry, my eyes just popped to the ''being gay is a choice'' part, and while i certainly won't kill you, for me it discredits all the other stuff you said and i just couldn't go on reading, it makes me really mad...

The Angel Raliel

• ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 03:15:27 PM »

not what i said....I think we have to understand the difference between paedophilia and common abuse, which is something else again....yes they should be removed from society at large but punishing someone criminally for their nature is clearly not a real solution.... sadly mental health and specifically high risk mental health issues are largely mistreated by society and the legal system and people are pushed into prisons simply because the governments feel that high security mental health treatment is financially unviable......no pity involved...no moral judgment involved just a proper clinical decision as to where egotistical and criminal behaviour shifts into pathalogical and medically defined behaviour.....

@raliel

The Angel Raliel

• ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 03:17:36 PM »

oh and you do not choose to be gay or straight any more than you choose to be ginger or green eyed or hetro...
it simply IS.....people CHOOSE to try to conform to societal norms rather than admit to who they are

@raliel

Mockery

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 03:18:58 PM »

not what i said....I think we have to understand the difference between paedophilia and common abuse, which is something else again....yes they should be removed from society at large but punishing someone criminally for their nature is clearly not a real solution.... sadly mental health and specifically high risk mental health issues are largely mistreated by society and the legal system and people are pushed into prisons simply because the governments feel that high security mental health treatment is financially unviable......no pity involved...no moral judgment involved just a proper clinical decision as to where egotistical and criminal behaviour shifts into pathalogical and medically defined behaviour.....
Okay, I see what you're saying. We should punish them. We should try to remove them and give them proper treatment.

i'm sorry, my eyes just popped to the ''being gay is a choice'' part, and while i certainly won't kill you, for me it discredits all the other stuff you said and i just couldn't go on reading, it makes me really mad...
Okay I'm going to remove that then

I have 47 Indja Points

slyvia k

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2011, 03:20:26 PM »

oh and you do not choose to be gay or straight any more than you choose to be ginger or green eyed or hetro...
it simply IS.....people CHOOSE to try to conform to societal norms rather than admit to who they are
:love5:

The Angel Raliel

• ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2011, 03:25:45 PM »

I think punishment is the wrong word.....but certainly the true paedophilliac who "loves" and is obsessively and sexually obsessed with children in an overtly sexual way, may not be able to control his or her urges any more than a sufferer of tourrettes can control their outbursts...it is a complex and morally murky situation.....one should endeavour to remove such individuals from society for their own good as much as the good of any child they may come into contact with, but one cannot really judge them for being mentally ill....However there are plenty of people who sexually or physically abuse children, not because of any paedophilliac tendency, but simply because children are easy victims....

@raliel

overratedtoejam

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2011, 03:27:13 PM »

being a pedophile is a mental illness, but so is being a sociopath. does that mean that someone who murders a lot of people should get treatment rather than go to prison? i think not. i think they should get both.

and as far as the being gay is a choice thing..BULLSHIT. i was actually caught totally off guard by my attraction towards girls. i had thought i was attracted to guys until i was 14. i had noticed that i really didn't have an interest anymore and it was worrying me. then i saw a pretty girl one day and was like "oh shit, i'm gay." i didn't choose it..and honestly at the time i didn't want it to be that way.

The Angel Raliel

• ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2011, 03:28:05 PM »

Oh and if you believe that then explain why...do not simply edit away your opinions simply because people do not agree with them...not that i hardly ever delete anything I say, simply becauseI think people deserve to have the whole thing....the one thing in films I hate is when memory is deleted or altered...even for good

@raliel

Agonistes

• discocunt
    • blog
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2011, 03:41:30 PM »

I watch Law and Order: SVU all the time and I recently watched two episodes that dealt with pedophiles.

First, there was a group that was trying to get pedophilc relationships legal and they were arguing that they were being discriminated against like black people and gay people were a long time ago.  Now when I first heard that, it made me mad because those are two different things. Skin is something you can't change but being a pedophile is a sickness that causes you to think taking a child innocence is okay. A child does not understand the concepts of love and sex.

The second episode was even worse because it involved a guy who was trying to convince Stabler (one of the detectives) that the love he had for little girls was as pure as being married with an adult. It made me mad to realize that people are actually like that.

So what do you think? Lets begin the debate!

so far as i know, black people and gay people are still being discriminated against, as are jews, whites, italians....well, basically everybody.

as far as pedos go, i don't have a solid opinion.  really, the only reason i see to not cull them is that they can't control or really ever change their behavior.  from everything i have read about them, they don't respond to corrective therapy, treatment, nor threat of punishment.  to me, this says they can't change, and i am recalcitrant to condemn anyone based on something they can't control.

The Angel Raliel

• ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2011, 03:49:54 PM »

indeed punitive measures against someone for their nature, wether or not that conforms to societal ideals or moral concepts rarely have any effect other than to inflict suffering upon any individual so deemed.......Understanding does not hint at agreeing or condoning a behaviour

@raliel

Agonistes

• discocunt
    • blog
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2011, 03:55:16 PM »

indeed punitive measures against someone for their nature, wether or not that conforms to societal ideals or moral concepts rarely have any effect other than to inflict suffering upon any individual so deemed.......Understanding does not hint at agreeing or condoning a behaviour
having empathy isn't the same as understanding, either, but having no empathy for something precludes one's ability for understanding when it is something one's nature finds abhorrent.

Mockery

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2011, 03:59:28 PM »

Oh and if you believe that then explain why...do not simply edit away your opinions simply because people do not agree with them...not that i hardly ever delete anything I say, simply becauseI think people deserve to have the whole thing....the one thing in films I hate is when memory is deleted or altered...even for good

I want to explain but when I do, people put words in my mouth and then everything goes to shit.

I have 47 Indja Points
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 13  All   Go Up