THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Want some free music? Most of AFP's discography (as well as The Dolls, side-projects, and more) is available for free+donation on Bandcamp

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Pedophila Today  (Read 28379 times)

Savannah

• Ich Bin Ein
  • Accidentally on purpose
Re: Pedophila Today
« Reply #135 on: July 25, 2011, 01:53:07 AM »

There's that wonderful movie called Leon which was criticized for being pedophilic, but i don't think it is. Leon just loves and protects Mathilda. Sometimes pure love can be confused with lust in people's mind.
Quote from: Amanda Palmer
I mean, we're losers with bandwidth. #LOFNOTC

facebook is like the worst book I've ever read. the characters do not evolve one bit and the plot is going nowhere.

Agonistes

• discocunt
    • blog
« Reply #136 on: July 25, 2011, 02:00:32 AM »

i got in trouble in a class in college for saying that the book the little prince seemed hella pedophilic to me.  it's a very awesome story, and i get how the boy reflects the man, but.....i guess if you separate the boy and the man, it seems creepy.  i read it young and it struck me creepy then, and i guess i never got it out of my head.

CottonCandy

« Reply #137 on: July 25, 2011, 02:01:15 AM »

There's that wonderful movie called Leon which was criticized for being pedophilic, but i don't think it is. Leon just loves and protects Mathilda. Sometimes pure love can be confused with lust in people's mind.

I think people also don't realise there's several kinds of love, not all of which is sexual.

Savannah

• Ich Bin Ein
  • Accidentally on purpose
« Reply #138 on: July 25, 2011, 02:31:01 AM »

I think people also don't realise there's several kinds of love, not all of which is sexual.

Indeed.
Quote from: Amanda Palmer
I mean, we're losers with bandwidth. #LOFNOTC

facebook is like the worst book I've ever read. the characters do not evolve one bit and the plot is going nowhere.

N.U.

• Initials... OF DOOM!
« Reply #139 on: July 25, 2011, 08:38:08 AM »

The big issue is that the English Language (and others as well) have one catch-all word to describe different types of love.

Love between friends.
Love between parents and offspring
Love between siblings
Amorous love
Love of career
Love of country (this one is debatable - the word "Patriot" gets used for this quite a bit in English)
Love of a group
Love of a mentor

These are just many different sorts of love off the top of my head. Language tends to focus by way of becoming more descriptive of that which it, as a society, finds important. Many Eskimo and Aleut tribes have as many as 12 different words to describe snow, depending upon moisture content, compact-ability, stickiness, hardness, etc. In English, we call all of it "snow".

If defining of love in exacting terms was a focus of the English-speaking world, my guess is we would have more words than just "love" to use as a descriptor.

Mockery

• Frank L. Baum's past bride and Oz princess
  • Lovely, lovely lady lumps
« Reply #140 on: July 25, 2011, 05:54:23 PM »

In this day and age, only sex exists. There is no such thing as love.
was too busy looking at the attractive girl in the weird paint vag bib.

I have 47 Indja Points

N.U.

• Initials... OF DOOM!
« Reply #141 on: July 25, 2011, 06:01:40 PM »

Yes, except now your Love shall be known as Rhododendron. I expect you to now say, "I'm in Rhododendron with my fiancee."

Mockery

« Reply #142 on: July 25, 2011, 06:05:29 PM »

I'm in love.  Are you going to tell me my love doesn't exist?

Ugh. Hil, I'm not talking about you or anyone here.  I'm talking about all those stupid brain washed people who only think that sex matters in this day in age. I never said your love doesn't exist or that love isn't real. Get it?

I have 47 Indja Points

Pope Totalfrog

• AKA Arse Fez von Titty Biscuit
  • Queen of the wild (suburban) frontier.
    • twitter
« Reply #143 on: July 25, 2011, 06:08:24 PM »

Not even remotely true.

Wow, bumping us up the relationship ladder a bit quick, there!  I'm in Rhododendron with my boyfriend still works though.  In fact, I rather like the ring to it.
After 13 years we are very much in chrysanthemum. I look back fondly on our rhododendron days.
Wow. Froggie's like a superhero...
Trick question: No matter how they're prepared, and how hungry you may be, tarantulas are NOT food

Mockery

« Reply #144 on: July 25, 2011, 06:23:12 PM »

Not even remotely true.
Did you even read my other post or do you still consider me to be a troll?

I have 47 Indja Points

Agonistes

• discocunt
    • blog
« Reply #145 on: July 25, 2011, 06:24:53 PM »

this IS a pretty blanket statement, although i got your meaning.  easy to fall into traps like that without clarification, however.

Pope Totalfrog

• AKA Arse Fez von Titty Biscuit
  • Queen of the wild (suburban) frontier.
    • twitter
« Reply #146 on: July 25, 2011, 06:27:00 PM »

Not even remotely true.
Did you even read my other post or do you still consider me to be a troll?
Not going to argue with you. You said something I disagreed with and I disagreed with it. Maybe you shouldn't make blanket statements.
Wow. Froggie's like a superhero...
Trick question: No matter how they're prepared, and how hungry you may be, tarantulas are NOT food

Mockery

« Reply #147 on: July 25, 2011, 06:29:27 PM »

And people say aspies take things to literally.

Anyways, we're in a culture that is obsessed with sex, sex, and more sex. TV shows, movies and sometimes even books only focus on the act of sex, obtaining someone to have sex with or having as much sex as you can. It's a sad reality that many young people are being brain washed into thinking that love isn't important. All that matters to them is sex.

I have 47 Indja Points

Tiervexx

« Reply #148 on: July 25, 2011, 06:40:36 PM »

The big issue is that the English Language (and others as well) have one catch-all word to describe different types of love.

Love between friends.
Love between siblings
Amorous love
Love of career
Love of country (this one is debatable - the word "Patriot" gets used for this quite a bit in English)
Love of a group
Love of a mentor

These are just many different sorts of love off the top of my head. Language tends to focus by way of becoming more descriptive of that which it, as a society, finds important. Many Eskimo and Aleut tribes have as many as 12 different words to describe snow, depending upon moisture content, compact-ability, stickiness, hardness, etc. In English, we call all of it "snow".

If defining of love in exacting terms was a focus of the English-speaking world, my guess is we would have more words than just "love" to use as a descriptor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_words_for_love

lentower

• if you see me at a show (or elsewhere), please come over & say hi
  • this is a real photo of me. thanks sheri hausey!
    • len's web sight
« Reply #149 on: July 25, 2011, 07:08:56 PM »

Love between friends.
Love between siblings
Amorous love
Love of career
Love of a group
Love of a mentor

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_words_for_love

missing a few.
but WP is a work in progress

if anyone wants to do the research on other languages,
with web links,
it should be fascinating
getting started:
BOX-RULES (please read...

further back:
Our forum before this one...
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13  All   Go Up