THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Want some free music? Most of AFP's discography (as well as The Dolls, side-projects, and more) is available for free+donation on Bandcamp

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 13  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Pedophila Today  (Read 25194 times)

The Angel Raliel

• ...looked the other way when a third of them fell
  • ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
Re: Pedophila Today
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2011, 01:59:44 PM »

indeed....tis a complex thing and I doubt we will ever truly understand the deeper complexities on here....after all psychologists and practicioners of law have been debating such things for a very long while without any truly satisfactory answers to this thorny problem
One should always be a little improbable.

@raliel

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2011, 03:37:02 PM »

The problem is distinguishing between the mental issue and sadistic fucks.  Because I'm pretty sure not all paedophiles are mentally ill (in that sense, anyway) some are just evil bastards, but then would the word paedophile fit or should there be an even worse word encompassing all of their nasty ways?

Also, Caddy, I'm really glad you are back.

Why thank you.  I was off having a life orgasm.

I wish I had more to add to this conversation, as I'm not a fan of picking apart a pedophile, but I agree that people should be rehabilitated in cases like this, instead of just left in jail to rot, or have a shot to the head.  That's not going to cure whatever mental issues they have going on to be so attracted to young children.  What should have therapy be?  Man, I don't know.  I'd have a kneejerk reaction if I knew a guy or woman that sexually molested any of my fiancee's nephews, but I can't say that these people cannot be rehabilitated.  It's just a creepy crawly situation all around.

Agonistes

• discocunt
    • blog
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2011, 03:38:04 PM »

giving them psychiatric treatment then crosses over into healthcare, and while we freely give that to prisoners, there's still some debate as to how much the state is allowed to pay to mess around in someone's mind, especially if they are not assured of results.

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2011, 03:44:08 PM »

...people should be rehabilitated in cases like this, instead of just left in jail to rot, or have a shot to the head....
Unfortunately, study after study after study has shown with disgusting consistency that
pedophiles re-offend, no matter what sort of therapy is used, in what setting, or for how
long.  There are differences in how long it takes, and whether they progress from enticement
to violence, for example, but there's no "cure" except complete isolation from all potential
victims.
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2011, 04:16:22 PM »

...people should be rehabilitated in cases like this, instead of just left in jail to rot, or have a shot to the head....
Unfortunately, study after study after study has shown with disgusting consistency that
pedophiles re-offend, no matter what sort of therapy is used, in what setting, or for how
long.  There are differences in how long it takes, and whether they progress from enticement
to violence, for example, but there's no "cure" except complete isolation from all potential
victims.

Or, a shot to the head, eh?

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2011, 04:29:34 PM »

victims.
Or, a shot to the head, eh?
...which would serve to isolate them from potential victims, no?  Heck, I could see an argument
that it would be a mercy in some cases - but I can't think of ANYONE I'd trust to make that call.

There's no easy solution.
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

BB Gun-it

« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2011, 09:15:49 PM »

Guys, can we forget about what i said about my views since you all seem to hate them? I'd like to stick at the subject on hand please!

Hating your views and contesting them are two very different things. From your profile I can see that you're 22, but you (and several others, I've noticed) talk on here like you're 13 and don't understand the concept of having an adult conversation which includes debate and the expression of different points of view. Adults share and argue their opinions and are willing to consider the opinions of others who disagree with them. That is how we as people learn and grow, by being receptive and open minded and willing to admit we are fallible and not always correct.

Sometimes it is better to learn about things you don't understand rather than going in and making bold faced statements like you do. You compare being gay to being a pedophile and expect no one to be offended. Then when they are you feign shock and delete your comment?
See? See what you just did? You put words in my mouth. I never said that being gay and being a pedophile are the same thing because they are not!

I have a right to state my opinion but I don't like hurting other peoples feelings okay? And maybe I am naive but so is everyone! No one is all knowing! Do you know about everything in the world? You don't so fuck off!

Actually, you were putting words in her mouth. She said you compared the two, which you did. You said that she said that you said they are the same thing, which she didn't.

You have every right to express your opinion and everyone else has the right to disagree.Totalfrog's point here about learning about things you don't understand applies to things you've misunderstood. As I was saying, if you consider the arguments other users make against your opinions with an open mind and a willingness to learn, you will be the one who benefits.

Everyone is naive about certain topics, yes, but defending your naivety is like saying you want to continue being naive. When people call you out on things you don't know, try to learn from them instead of telling them to fuck off. You don't have to know everything in the world to teach someone about something you do know.

CottonCandy

« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2011, 02:06:30 AM »

victims.

Hopefully, by studying them it will be possible to find a method which helps them cope. While that is happening, maybe a tight-security mental institution would be better than prison, though.

Also, if you study paedophiles maybe you can find a link so you can predict risk factors in others and prevent child abuse. Or, let the taboo dissolve a bit so that people who have these urges would come for therapy and try to prevent any abuse from happening.

The Angel Raliel

• ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2011, 02:19:41 AM »

indeed the stronger a society vilifies something, the more it is driven underground and becomes less manageable by society....

@raliel

N.U.

• Initials... OF DOOM!
« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2011, 08:54:34 AM »

Hence Human Centipede. Easy to track and identify.

Savannah

• Ich Bin Ein
  • Accidentally on purpose
« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2011, 09:11:08 AM »

Hence Human Centipede. Easy to track and identify.

The government here has a resolution about the pedophiles and rapists. It's not enacted as a law yet but they're planning to emasculate them by injecting a mixture of hormones and other things.

According to the resolution, if a rapist commits the same crime for the second time after he gets out of the jail, he'll get emasculated.

And as for the pedophiles, they're thinking of getting such people through psychiatric examination, and after that if they're diagnosed with a mental illness, and unable to control themselves, they'll get emasculated and rehabilitated. But if they are able to control themselves, and committed to that crime anyway, they'll be put into jail and emasculated.
Quote from: Amanda Palmer
I mean, we're losers with bandwidth. #LOFNOTC

facebook is like the worst book I've ever read. the characters do not evolve one bit and the plot is going nowhere.

The Angel Raliel

• ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2011, 11:44:40 AM »

the reason this is a controversial choice is it smacks of Eugenics and  ultimately if a law allows eugenics in one occasion it allows for that law to be extended into other classes of people (like the sterilisation of Downs syndrome patients etc)

@raliel

Savannah

• Ich Bin Ein
  • Accidentally on purpose
« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2011, 01:08:38 PM »

the reason this is a controversial choice is it smacks of Eugenics and  ultimately if a law allows eugenics in one occasion it allows for that law to be extended into other classes of people (like the sterilisation of Downs syndrome patients etc)

That's why they're having difficulties in enacting it as a law. First it sounded reasonable because it's really hard to track/treat these kinda people for a lifetime. But there's no limit in solving the problem in this way. Today pedophiles, tomorrow rapists, the other day down syndrome patients, the other year colorblinds, obeses, etc. It may become a violation of human rights easily.

The thing is: educating them so that they do not to commit crimes, and healing them instead of disabling.

This resolution reminded me of a story at the first chapter of Thomas More's Utopia. Cardinal says he was surprized by the increase of the amount of robbery - though the judges condemned thieves to death by hanging. And Hythloday tells him it was not a solution, if people knew they'd get hanged but they stole anyway that's because they're hungry.

So, if pedophilie is a really serious and heavy mental disorder, they must be kept under control and treated.
Quote from: Amanda Palmer
I mean, we're losers with bandwidth. #LOFNOTC

facebook is like the worst book I've ever read. the characters do not evolve one bit and the plot is going nowhere.

Agonistes

• discocunt
    • blog
« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2011, 03:31:02 PM »

i'm not entirely opposed to eugenics as a practice.  it's not a very politically correct solution, but try as i might i can't find a problem with trying to make both fewer and better humans (and i can think of quite a few that should not be allowed to breed).  of course i also see the problems inherent in trying to decide who is well-formed enough to have a life.

the problem is, like cee, i can't think of anyone i would trust to make the decisions.  however, our unchecked breeding is a huge problem no one wants to address.

The Angel Raliel

• ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2011, 03:38:33 PM »

oh indeed... that is the charm of eugenics and involuntary "euthanasia" ....viscerally, one can actually agree, but if one is responsible, one realises thatmuch as a good tool these  ideas can be to society as a whole....to legalise such practices makes it incredibly easy to use them as a tool for fascism without even noticing .......and truly death penalties simply do not work as a deterrent to any form of crime...the U.S. states that still use such, do not have significantly lower crime rates....

@raliel
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 13  All   Go Up