THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AFP's not camera shy and her YouTube and Vimeo channels are chock-full of eye candy to prove it. Content's added to both all the time, so be sure to subscribe!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 13  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Pedophila Today  (Read 25191 times)

Agonistes

• discocunt
    • blog
Re: Pedophila Today
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2011, 04:27:56 PM »

oh indeed... that is the charm of eugenics and involuntary "euthanasia" ....viscerally, one can actually agree, but if one is responsible, one realises thatmuch as a good tool these  ideas can be to society as a whole....to legalise such practices makes it incredibly easy to use them as a tool for fascism without even noticing .......and truly death penalties simply do not work as a deterrent to any form of crime...the U.S. states that still use such, do not have significantly lower crime rates....
it's rather like nuclear power, isn't it?  good when it powers everybody cheaply and cleanly, bad when it breaks or is used to erase a city.

The Angel Raliel

• ...looked the other way when a third of them fell
  • ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2011, 04:35:24 PM »

indeed
One should always be a little improbable.

@raliel

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2011, 08:17:38 PM »

Okay, here it goes.

I have nothing against gay people but I Feel like they are going against God's design because he made man for woman. In all complete honestly, there are some women I would totally fuck but I'm a girl who still need a penis.I just think it's a choice you have and if you enjoy being with someone of the same sex, go ahead! I feel all humans were born with the same sexual instinct but who knows? I could be totally wrong!

I hope I didn't offend anyone.
You are pretty offensive. I don't think it comes from a place of hate, I'll put it nicely and say it comes from naivety.

Sometimes it is better to learn about things you don't understand rather than going in and making bold faced statements like you do. You compare being gay to being a pedophile and expect no one to be offended. Then when they are you feign shock and delete your comment?

I'm starting to think you are trolling for attention. This isn't the first time you've said something ridiculous and have apparently been surprised when it caused controversy.

I have to agree with what you and BB Gun have written.

And I would comment further into your opinion of Mockery and her obtuse opinions, but then that wouldn't be very Applejack of me.   :-\

No that wouldn't be.

Guys, can we forget about what i said about my views since you all seem to hate them? I'd like to stick at the subject on hand please!

I'm back less than a week, and I already have people changing their user pictures.  Damn I'm trendy.

Pope Totalfrog

• AKA Arse Fez von Titty Biscuit
  • Queen of the wild (suburban) frontier.
    • twitter
« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2011, 08:25:25 PM »

Okay, here it goes.

I have nothing against gay people but I Feel like they are going against God's design because he made man for woman. In all complete honestly, there are some women I would totally fuck but I'm a girl who still need a penis.I just think it's a choice you have and if you enjoy being with someone of the same sex, go ahead! I feel all humans were born with the same sexual instinct but who knows? I could be totally wrong!

You are pretty offensive. I don't think it comes from a place of hate, I'll put it nicely and say it comes from naivety.

Sometimes it is better to learn about things you don't understand rather than going in and making bold faced statements like you do. You compare being gay to being a pedophile and expect no one to be offended. Then when they are you feign shock and delete your comment?

I'm starting to think you are trolling for attention. This isn't the first time you've said something ridiculous and have apparently been surprised when it caused controversy.

And I would comment further into your opinion of Mockery and her obtuse opinions, but then that wouldn't be very Applejack of me.   :-\

No that wouldn't be.

Guys, can we forget about what i said about my views since you all seem to hate them? I'd like to stick at the subject on hand please!

I'm back less than a week, and I already have people changing their user pictures.  Damn I'm trendy.
You are a trendsetter but my pumpkins are not going anywhere, I refuse to follow fashion.
Wow. Froggie's like a superhero...
Trick question: No matter how they're prepared, and how hungry you may be, tarantulas are NOT food

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2011, 08:27:58 PM »

But but but....PONIES!

Naw, but really I'm just a poseur.  I'm actually amazed by how many people like this new, ridiculous show.  Oh my god, if you want to have yourself a time, go look up "bronies".  It's really scary stuff.

And I guess that solidifies the fact that I'm just a troll.  :(

Pope Totalfrog

• twitter
« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2011, 08:35:02 PM »

But but but....PONIES!

Naw, but really I'm just a poseur.  I'm actually amazed by how many people like this new, ridiculous show.  Oh my god, if you want to have yourself a time, go look up "bronies".  It's really scary stuff.

I am aware of bronies. I am fairly certain that brumpkins will be the next big thing.
Trick question: No matter how they're prepared, and how hungry you may be, tarantulas are NOT food

Agonistes

• discocunt
    • blog
« Reply #66 on: July 21, 2011, 08:39:39 PM »

Okay, here it goes.

And I would comment further into your opinion of Mockery and her obtuse opinions, but then that wouldn't be very Applejack of me.   :-\

i'm pretty okay with mockery's opinions.  whether or not i think they are obtuse is neither here nor there, but i have posted alongside her enough to know that it doesn't come from a place of malice, nor is it my place to judge what her opinions should be.  nor is it my business to correct her, but if i were to do so, it would certainly be through as much friendliness as i could muster, since conflict, especially when personal feelings are involved, usually only serves to solidify the opinion you are contesting.  persuasion, it is to be sure, is always preferable to vilification.  and discussion is just that, discussion.

do i disagree with this one, this opinion?  sure, and quite heavily, and for complex and both subtle and obvious reasons.  but, i pretty much figure that's already obvious, since i post here a lot and my personality cant help but bombard out of every post.  it's difficult to see solidarity growing when it is set against a situation that really doesn't appear to be inflammatory, at least intentionally.  

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2011, 08:58:11 PM »

Okay, here it goes.

i'm pretty okay with mockery's opinions.  whether or not i think they are obtuse is neither here nor there, but i have posted alongside her enough to know that it doesn't come from a place of malice, nor is it my place to judge what her opinions should be.  nor is it my business to correct her, but if i were to do so, it would certainly be through as much friendliness as i could muster, since conflict, especially when personal feelings are involved, usually only serves to solidify the opinion you are contesting.  persuasion, it is to be sure, is always preferable to vilification.  and discussion is just that, discussion.

do i disagree with this one, this opinion?  sure, and quite heavily, and for complex and both subtle and obvious reasons.  but, i pretty much figure that's already obvious, since i post here a lot and my personality cant help but bombard out of every post.  it's difficult to see solidarity growing when it is set against a situation that really doesn't appear to be inflammatory, at least intentionally. 

She thinks God made man for woman.

I think her opinions are obtuse.

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2011, 09:00:11 PM »

But but but....PONIES!

I am aware of bronies. I am fairly certain that brumpkins will be the next big thing.

I think brumpkins would be pretty rad, personally.

I would dress as one.  ESPECIALLY FOR HALLOWEEN!

Pope Totalfrog

• twitter
« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2011, 09:12:06 PM »

Okay, here it goes.

i'm pretty okay with mockery's opinions.  whether or not i think they are obtuse is neither here nor there, but i have posted alongside her enough to know that it doesn't come from a place of malice, nor is it my place to judge what her opinions should be.  nor is it my business to correct her, but if i were to do so, it would certainly be through as much friendliness as i could muster, since conflict, especially when personal feelings are involved, usually only serves to solidify the opinion you are contesting.  persuasion, it is to be sure, is always preferable to vilification.  and discussion is just that, discussion.

do i disagree with this one, this opinion?  sure, and quite heavily, and for complex and both subtle and obvious reasons.  but, i pretty much figure that's already obvious, since i post here a lot and my personality cant help but bombard out of every post.  it's difficult to see solidarity growing when it is set against a situation that really doesn't appear to be inflammatory, at least intentionally. 
I don't believe that she really believes half the stuff she posts and she sure does get a lot of attention every time she says something ridiculous. So I do believe that it is intentionally inflammatory.

I hope that it isn't. I really do. I also hope that if it isn't an act, that she learns something from the fine folks here in Box land.

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #70 on: July 21, 2011, 09:18:09 PM »

Okay, here it goes.

I don't believe that she really believes half the stuff she posts and she sure does get a lot of attention every time she says something ridiculous. So I do believe that it is intentionally inflammatory.

I hope that it isn't. I really do. I also hope that if it isn't an act, that she learns something from the fine folks here in Box land.

See, I haven't seriously posted here in almost a year I think.  That was one of the first things I read by her when I came back.  That's what I have to go off, and I'm not going to go off how long somebody else has known them.  I'm going to go off what I have seen them say and behave.  And really, I think I was terribly lenient in saying I wouldn't say anything aside from her comments being obtuse.  I could have said a gaggle of other very mean and rude things, but I chose how I wanted to express my distaste very tactfully.  And she still gets white knighted?

Really.  White knighting is for those who deserve it, not for those who cannot accept the consequences of their actions.

And now I'm going to go watch LotR: The Two Towers.  Because I am embarrassingly behind.  :(

Agonistes

• discocunt
    • blog
« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2011, 09:22:13 PM »

@caddy:  

@totalfrog:

if mockery were trolling, she wouldn't have deleted the phrase in the first place, i feel.  plus, she is here, on the box.  so if she has a hard time unlearning whatever it is that gave her her opinion, at least she is here among we, the already damned.  which, you have to admit, is a good place to unlearn any stereotypical rhetoric, eventually.

edit, @caddy.  did you just call me a white knight?  seriously?  that's a fucking first.

Pope Totalfrog

• twitter
« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2011, 09:26:22 PM »

Really.  White knighting is for those who deserve it, not for those who cannot accept the consequences of their actions.
I agree. And in this case I don't think she deserves it.

But this is the box Caddy my love and everyone gets white knighted by someone for reasons I have never understood. Remember people defending Alyss? And he wasn't even a subtle troll.

@totalfrog:

if mockery were trolling, she wouldn't have deleted the phrase in the first place, i feel.  plus, she is here, on the box.  so if she has a hard time unlearning whatever it is that gave her her opinion, at least she is here among we, the already damned.  which, you have to admit, is a good place to unlearn any stereotypical rhetoric, eventually.
I can see where you are coming from. This isn't the only thread she has done it in so I remain unconvinced and I stand by what I said - if I am wrong then I hope she learns something.

Agonistes

• discocunt
    • blog
« Reply #73 on: July 21, 2011, 09:38:14 PM »

really not trying to white knight, to be honest.  it just bothers me when an unpopular opinion is treated as 'wrong' just because it's not the socio-acceptable one within a counterculture.  remember, more people out there than not think it IS a choice.  it's getting better, but we who love to congratulate ourselves on our open-mindedness are still in the minority in the world.  

and, it's true; being nasty about someone's opinion is the best way to solidify it.  trust me.  old people know best.

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #74 on: July 22, 2011, 12:50:12 AM »

Really.  White knighting is for those who deserve it, not for those who cannot accept the consequences of their actions.
I agree. And in this case I don't think she deserves it.

But this is the box Caddy my love and everyone gets white knighted by someone for reasons I have never understood. Remember people defending Alyss? And he wasn't even a subtle troll.

Yeah, I remember that.  I even remember chatting with him, and being fooled for a quick minute.  And then I was like..ugh, no, and took off.  When I came back, it finally came out.

And now it seems that way here, with people defending trolls again.  And apparently Agonistes is bothered when an unpopular opinion is treated as wrong, because it's not accepted within a counterculture?  Isn't that counterculture this person is talking about just bustling with, umm, those within the LGBT community?  How else would somebody in that community treat it?  With respect?  With coddling?  With sugarcoating?  I'm not quite sure where they are going with this sentence.

*rubs forehead*  I can't even with this.  I abandoned the news forum I moved over to, because I needed a break from the overwhelming sadness and stress of the current news.  I figured the s.box was still lighthearted with nice people, and easy conversation.  It wasn't stressful, and didn't take a whole lot of thinking to follow the conversation.  Aaaaaaaand the first thing I come back to read is just...really uncool.  I can't even with this.  I know I'm having a bad time when I'm having to edit and re-edit my post to keep myself from saying something really, really rude.  I'm trying not to be rude, while still being very honest, and sticking to my opinion.  Which is that what was said, by said person, was obtuse.  End of story.  Beating that dead horse will not make it come back to life.  I'm trying to be very, very Applejack about this.

God, all of this, because I was congratulating somebody on validating my trendiness.  Which I am.  I am damn trendy.  Look at my pair of ponies, goddamnit.  LOOK AT THEM.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 13  All   Go Up