THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda is making Art with your support on Patreon. Join become a patron and help AFP make ALL THE THINGS.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Pedophila Today  (Read 31928 times)

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
Re: Pedophila Today
« Reply #105 on: July 22, 2011, 03:24:13 AM »

Also yes, the thread has been hijacked.

QFT

Sometimes shit needs to be dealt with where it's happening.

If this were FB, I would Like This.

If this were tumblr, I'd heart it then reblog it with the caption "I NEED THIS ON MY DASH."
If this was on google+ I'd totally +1 it...

Sorry, had a Len moment...

Yeah, yeah, if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle  ;D :buck2:
I want to see an Oprah gif with that as the tagline.

I like where this is going.

BB Gun-it

« Reply #106 on: July 22, 2011, 03:26:27 AM »

QFT

If this were tumblr, I'd heart it then reblog it with the caption "I NEED THIS ON MY DASH."

Yeah, yeah, if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle  ;D :buck2:

I don't. I'm calling cissexism. Genitals are not the same as gender.

ETA: cissexism is kinda like transphobia, just to clarify terminology.

Savannah

• Ich Bin Ein
  • Accidentally on purpose
« Reply #107 on: July 22, 2011, 03:29:06 AM »

QFT

Wow the tension is still so high  ;D I thought that was just a saying. I'd totally call her uncle if she'd like me to, so no need to get balls  ;D
Quote from: Amanda Palmer
I mean, we're losers with bandwidth. #LOFNOTC

facebook is like the worst book I've ever read. the characters do not evolve one bit and the plot is going nowhere.

Pope Totalfrog

• AKA Arse Fez von Titty Biscuit
  • Queen of the wild (suburban) frontier.
    • twitter
« Reply #108 on: July 22, 2011, 03:31:33 AM »

QFT

We shall add a disclaimer. Her aunt identifies as a man, testicles are the final piece of the puzzle for him, he gets them and feels his gender identity is truly complete. Now he really does feel like he is Savannah's uncle.

Phew. Problem solved.  O0

Edit - Yes I know this is wrong. It's a backstory for an Oprah gif not a true representation of a person who identifies as trans. I could try harder but I am too effing tired. Sorry xx
Wow. Froggie's like a superhero...
Trick question: No matter how they're prepared, and how hungry you may be, tarantulas are NOT food

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #109 on: July 22, 2011, 03:32:55 AM »

QFT

I thought it was, like, a quote from a movie.  Was she calling Oprah a man?  *blinks*

BB Gun-it

« Reply #110 on: July 22, 2011, 03:34:37 AM »

We shall add a disclaimer. Her aunt identifies as a man, testicles are the final piece of the puzzle for her, she gets them and feels her gender identity is truly complete. Now she really does feel like she is Savannah's uncle.

It's not high tension, I am just not afraid to call people out on their oppressive commentary. Most people don't realize there's anything wrong with it, and I don't blame them. My aim is purely to educate, no hard feelings.

Also, trans* people feel like the gender they identify as regardless of the stage in their transition, and it is offensive to imply that receiving testicles is what allows a trans* person to "really" feel like their identified gender.

(Aaaaand I think I just outed myself as a trans activist and ally)

ETA: it is also disrespectful to address the theoretical uncle with female pronouns after establishing that he identifies as male

Savannah

• Ich Bin Ein
« Reply #111 on: July 22, 2011, 03:39:48 AM »

QFT

I thought it was, like, a quote from a movie.  Was she calling Oprah a man?  *blinks*

I don't even care who or what is Oprah  ;D

Ellen Degeneres is boradcasted here where i live but i only see Oprah on these gifs. Ellen rules!

facebook is like the worst book I've ever read. the characters do not evolve one bit and the plot is going nowhere.

Pope Totalfrog

• twitter
« Reply #112 on: July 22, 2011, 03:41:14 AM »

We shall add a disclaimer. Her aunt identifies as a man, testicles are the final piece of the puzzle for her, she gets them and feels her gender identity is truly complete. Now she really does feel like she is Savannah's uncle.

It's not high tension, I am just not afraid to call people out on their oppressive commentary. Most people don't realize there's anything wrong with it, and I don't blame them. My aim is purely to educate, no hard feelings.

Also, trans* people feel like the gender they identify as regardless of the stage in their transition, and it is offensive to imply that receiving testicles is what allows a trans* person to "really" feel like their identified gender.

ETA: it is also disrespectful to address the theoretical uncle with female pronouns after establishing that he identifies as male
I totally caught that before you posted. And I edited...

Also I am tired and I was being a smartass.

Being an activist is a good thing and you do it well, your insight and comments are welcome.

Trick question: No matter how they're prepared, and how hungry you may be, tarantulas are NOT food

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #113 on: July 22, 2011, 03:44:49 AM »

Phew. Problem solved.  O0

Can't disagree with that, now can I?

And nobody is going to come down on you for being a trans activist or ally.  I think that's pretty cool, actually.

Also, consider me educated.  (ETA:  I just deleted what was just here, because I'm really talking from an overtired POV right now).  Oy.  Anyway, it's nice to see more activists and allies around.  And since I'm familiar with all the other things, but not cisgendered and sexism stuff, I could use the education.  That's a new term for me.

Savannah

• Ich Bin Ein
« Reply #114 on: July 22, 2011, 03:46:48 AM »

i'm not even a native english speaker. there are really few sayings in my vocabulary knowledge.

and i'm sure you also know i'm not some kind of bigot to use a saying just to offend trans people.

i do respect them, and am really sorry for they have to struggle with common people's bias. not only the bias, most of them also have to struggle to find a job, get an apartment, communicating with their families, etc. which is very sad to see in 2000s so called modern world.

ps: i'm really sorry if i offended somebody unintentionally.

BB Gun-it

« Reply #115 on: July 22, 2011, 03:50:14 AM »

i'm not even a native english speaker. there are really few sayings in my vocabulary knowledge.

and i'm sure you also know i'm not some kind of bigot to use a saying just to offend trans people.

i do respect them, and am really sorry for they have to struggle with common people's bias. not only the bias, most of them also have to struggle to find a job, get an apartment, communicating with their families, etc. which is very sad to see in 2000s so called modern world.

I get that. I don't think you were trying to upset anyone, I just wanted you to know that what you said could be upsetting so maybe you would think differently about saying it in the future.

Agonistes

• discocunt
    • blog
« Reply #116 on: July 22, 2011, 11:28:57 AM »

good god, since when did oprah have anything to do with any of this?  oh wait....beating a dead horse.  i get it.  but, none of you guys will ever be as good as oprah at that.  she is queen of dead-horse beating.

Pope Totalfrog

• twitter
« Reply #117 on: July 22, 2011, 12:08:30 PM »

good god, since when did oprah have anything to do with any of this?  oh wait....beating a dead horse.  i get it.  but, none of you guys will ever be as good as oprah at that.  she is queen of dead-horse beating.

I've heard there's a video. Who knew Oprah was into that sort of thing?

Agonistes

• discocunt
    • blog
« Reply #118 on: July 22, 2011, 12:18:12 PM »

good god, since when did oprah have anything to do with any of this?  oh wait....beating a dead horse.  i get it.  but, none of you guys will ever be as good as oprah at that.  she is queen of dead-horse beating.

I've heard there's a video. Who knew Oprah was into that sort of thing?
it's a rumor that she's in it, though.  she actually paid a filipino pawnshop broker to film it and the horse was SO fake.  they then moved the whole project to madrid, where they brought in all kinds of CGI and wire stunt guys, and the last i heard it was expected to be the sleeper hit of this fall.

N.U.

• Initials... OF DOOM!
« Reply #119 on: July 22, 2011, 12:46:38 PM »

"activism" gets used as an excuse too often these days to dictate to people how they should think by taking away the very thing that sets us apart from the rest of the animal kingdom; out language.

Instead of understanding it was a slip of the tongue from someone who as admittedly tired, you chastise them on their choice of words.

This offends me. I'm not asking you to knock it off, stop, or change what you're doing. I just ask that you be a bit more aware of the circumstances before you deign yourself fit to judge what someone's intentions are.

If my stance offends you, you'll just have to be content with being offended.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13  All   Go Up