THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda's got a blog. If blogs could talk, it'd ask you to read it. It might even say "please."

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Pedophila Today  (Read 31070 times)

Savannah

• Ich Bin Ein
  • Accidentally on purpose
Re: Pedophila Today
« Reply #165 on: August 24, 2011, 06:15:00 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/2cXDgFwE13g" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/2cXDgFwE13g</a>

This is what i want to happen to all of those goddamn pedophiles!
Quote from: Amanda Palmer
I mean, we're losers with bandwidth. #LOFNOTC

facebook is like the worst book I've ever read. the characters do not evolve one bit and the plot is going nowhere.

Mockery

• Frank L. Baum's past bride and Oz princess
  • Lovely, lovely lady lumps
« Reply #166 on: August 24, 2011, 06:22:36 PM »

Whoa, someone seems mad today!
was too busy looking at the attractive girl in the weird paint vag bib.

I have 47 Indja Points

Agonistes

• discocunt
    • blog
« Reply #167 on: August 24, 2011, 09:22:21 PM »

love has never been a priority.  marriages used to be arranged according to who gets the land.  love only matters to those who want it.  if it could actually fix anything, it would probably have a higher priority, but love is self-indulgent and does not last, sometimes.  it's no basis for permanence, not without actual work.

Mockery

« Reply #168 on: August 25, 2011, 12:24:33 PM »

love has never been a priority.  marriages used to be arranged according to who gets the land.  love only matters to those who want it.  if it could actually fix anything, it would probably have a higher priority, but love is self-indulgent and does not last, sometimes.  it's no basis for permanence, not without actual work.

I don't know if I believe that.

I have 47 Indja Points

Agonistes

• discocunt
    • blog
« Reply #169 on: August 25, 2011, 12:41:03 PM »

love has never been a priority.  marriages used to be arranged according to who gets the land.  love only matters to those who want it.  if it could actually fix anything, it would probably have a higher priority, but love is self-indulgent and does not last, sometimes.  it's no basis for permanence, not without actual work.

i've had plenty of relationships wherein if love was all we had, it would not be enough to sustain it.....and wasn't.  love was never the problem.  it's fine to love someone, but giving it the importance over all else is a mistake.  i've seen parents indulge their kids almost to death because they 'loved them too much' to correct them.  my own mother, i am certain, loved me to distraction, but she still damaged me almost irreparably, because she was crazy.  love didn't cure or conquer her nuttiness.

love doesn't cure anything.  if anything, love is a tonic or a soothing thing, not a solution.  love doesn't make the world go around, gravity and force and sciency stuff does.  loving someone coming at you with a knife in their hand won't protect you.  and love is not the basic force in a relationship.  i wouldnt be able to stand being with some of the people i have loved in my life, but i loved them like crazy nonetheless.

and, marriage was never about love.  it was a legal contract.  no one got to be with whom they loved, that was considered irresponsible and outside the marriage itself, unless you happened to fall in love with your spouse, in which case, well done and lucky you.  marriage and love play a huge part in literature, but the truth is, it existed as a legal/religious matter, not an emotional one.  two hundred years ago, i'd be married off to some fucktard instead of happily living with my girlfriend, and trying to figure out how to kill him so i could inherit the land my father would have left him instead of me.  or whatever.  you have no idea how free we are to actually fall in love now, compared to then.  hell, marriage is still a legal contract, or it wouldn't be in such hot debate over whether or not gays can do it.  no reason why they shouldn't, if it is all about love, right?  but it isn't.  people add morality and politics to it, without even blinking, because that's what it is about.

our language is also woefully inept at describing love.  there is filial love, avuncular love, erotic love, self-indulgent love.......there are at least a hundred different ways to love another person, or group of people.  patriotism, even, is a form of love.  'love' is too generic a term to apply to one's life in a practical way.  no matter how much you love someone there are eyeroll moments.  and i have seen plenty of spouses who hate one another's guts, but are too bogged down in the hamster reflex to just let one another go.  but if you asked them, they would say yeah, we love each other, even if he/she is a fucktard.

i'm not saying love isn't important.  but it's the worst kind of naivete to think that it is all one needs...or even the most important thing.

Mockery

« Reply #170 on: August 25, 2011, 12:47:06 PM »

I'm just saying that love is important in any relationship. I wouldn't marry someone just because they were good at sex and attractive.

I have 47 Indja Points

Agonistes

• discocunt
    • blog
« Reply #171 on: August 25, 2011, 12:51:12 PM »

i totally made an amazing post, but it got lost on the last page.

Mockery

« Reply #172 on: August 25, 2011, 03:08:53 PM »

I'm just saying that love is important in any relationship. I wouldn't marry someone just because they were good at sex and attractive.

That's not just what you were saying though.  You brought up the issue of casual sex vs love - we're not attacking you, we're discussing what you brought up. 

'just saying' is a saying. You do realize that don't ya dear?

I have 47 Indja Points

Mockery

« Reply #173 on: August 25, 2011, 03:14:03 PM »

That's not just what you were saying though.  You brought up the issue of casual sex vs love - we're not attacking you, we're discussing what you brought up. 

'just saying' is a saying. You do realize that don't ya dear?

Don't call me dear.  And don't be patronising.

Sorry!  :embarassed:

I have 47 Indja Points

Agonistes

• discocunt
    • blog
« Reply #174 on: August 25, 2011, 07:53:41 PM »

I read it and completely agree with it.  That was pretty much all I had to say about it so thought I would leave it for Mockery to respond to. 

there's really no point in serious discussion, though.  clearly if that were the point we'd get more than just a dismissive one-liner, time and again.

Agonistes

• discocunt
    • blog
« Reply #175 on: August 26, 2011, 08:29:13 AM »

I read it and completely agree with it.  That was pretty much all I had to say about it so thought I would leave it for Mockery to respond to. 

there's really no point in serious discussion, though.  clearly if that were the point we'd get more than just a dismissive one-liner, time and again.

Some people are just incapable of discussion.  I think it comes from fear.

fear is generally the precursor to a closed mind.

Mockery

« Reply #176 on: August 26, 2011, 02:23:28 PM »

i've had plenty of relationships wherein if love was all we had, it would not be enough to sustain it.....and wasn't.  love was never the problem.  it's fine to love someone, but giving it the importance over all else is a mistake.  i've seen parents indulge their kids almost to death because they 'loved them too much' to correct them.  my own mother, i am certain, loved me to distraction, but she still damaged me almost irreparably, because she was crazy.  love didn't cure or conquer her nuttiness.

love doesn't cure anything.  if anything, love is a tonic or a soothing thing, not a solution.  love doesn't make the world go around, gravity and force and sciency stuff does.  loving someone coming at you with a knife in their hand won't protect you.  and love is not the basic force in a relationship.  i wouldnt be able to stand being with some of the people i have loved in my life, but i loved them like crazy nonetheless.

and, marriage was never about love.  it was a legal contract.  no one got to be with whom they loved, that was considered irresponsible and outside the marriage itself, unless you happened to fall in love with your spouse, in which case, well done and lucky you.  marriage and love play a huge part in literature, but the truth is, it existed as a legal/religious matter, not an emotional one.  two hundred years ago, i'd be married off to some fucktard instead of happily living with my girlfriend, and trying to figure out how to kill him so i could inherit the land my father would have left him instead of me.  or whatever.  you have no idea how free we are to actually fall in love now, compared to then.  hell, marriage is still a legal contract, or it wouldn't be in such hot debate over whether or not gays can do it.  no reason why they shouldn't, if it is all about love, right?  but it isn't.  people add morality and politics to it, without even blinking, because that's what it is about.

our language is also woefully inept at describing love.  there is filial love, avuncular love, erotic love, self-indulgent love.......there are at least a hundred different ways to love another person, or group of people.  patriotism, even, is a form of love.  'love' is too generic a term to apply to one's life in a practical way.  no matter how much you love someone there are eyeroll moments.  and i have seen plenty of spouses who hate one another's guts, but are too bogged down in the hamster reflex to just let one another go.  but if you asked them, they would say yeah, we love each other, even if he/she is a fucktard.

i'm not saying love isn't important.  but it's the worst kind of naivete to think that it is all one needs...or even the most important thing.

Did I ever say that all one needs is love? I don't think I did. I just think it's important in a relationship.

I have 47 Indja Points

Mockery

« Reply #177 on: August 26, 2011, 05:10:00 PM »

I'd like to get back on the subject at hand!

I have 47 Indja Points

Agonistes

• discocunt
    • blog
« Reply #178 on: August 26, 2011, 05:31:52 PM »

BATTEREDxBRIDExLUVR!

« Reply #179 on: August 30, 2011, 07:12:13 AM »

I'd like to get back on the subject at hand!

well clearly you're not being clear enough about the replies that you want to receive so why don't you provide some specific guidelines with each of your messages to help people construct appropriate and adequate responses to your posts?
I do not want to live to archive my own life.
I see it everywhere around me, especially with the popularity of web diaries, forums, and cell phones that take pictures.
I do not want to fall into the subtle trap of truly believing I Blog Therefore I Am.
amanda, 2005-04-15
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13  All   Go Up