THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AFP's not camera shy and her YouTube and Vimeo channels are chock-full of eye candy to prove it. Content's added to both all the time, so be sure to subscribe!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 10-year-old Vogue model  (Read 11265 times)

The Angel Raliel

• ...looked the other way when a third of them fell
  • ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
Re: 10-year-old Vogue model
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2011, 02:39:25 AM »

basically you need to know how fucked up and horrible the entire modelling and fashion industry actually is....really this is nothing  for them, just a tool for creating interest....and ultimatelygetting even more girls to need their products so that they can comply to their artifial ideas of beauty
One should always be a little improbable.

@raliel

Agonistes

• discocunt
    • blog
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2011, 07:04:41 AM »

Am I the only one who thinks that this little girl is being forced to grow up to fast?

That was what i tried to say on the above post. It's not fair, she should have been enjoying the last years of her childhood.

Okay, I just wanted to know if anyone agreed with me.

i disagree a little, in that i doubt she is being forced at all.  i'm pretty sure she is participating.

la fée verte

• anti-heroine
  • Ich bin zu wahr um schön zu sein.
    • Flickr
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2011, 07:10:11 AM »

i disagree a little, in that i doubt she is being forced at all.  i'm pretty sure she is participating.
But can you let a ten year old girl decide such things? Wouldn't it be her parents responsibility to take care so she can grow up in a good way?

Agonistes

• discocunt
    • blog
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2011, 07:30:36 AM »

i disagree a little, in that i doubt she is being forced at all.  i'm pretty sure she is participating.
But can you let a ten year old girl decide such things? Wouldn't it be her parents responsibility to take care so she can grow up in a good way?

to me, it would be their responsibility to discourage her from wanting to do this sort of thing.  but, i'm willing to bet she isn't being forced, no.

i'm not saying she isn't probably 'growing up too fast.'  i just don't think it is about growing up, so much as exploitation.  in other words i only disagree with mockery's wording more than the idea itself.

murmur

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2011, 09:46:36 AM »

She will probably be a beautiful model when she gets older. Did anyone think of maybe if this little girl wanted to do this?

Maybe I'm coming from a different standpoint because I was in pageants as a kid.  I wanted to be a model when I was younger. So my family encouraged me to go for my "dream" which when I became a teen went out the window.

So what I guess im saying is does anyone know the back story of how she got into modeling?

Tiervexx

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2011, 11:24:00 AM »

I'm quite sure that she isn't being forced into this.  She's probably loving all the attention and dressing up and modeling places have standards for treating children, basically they can't treat them like shit.  She'll be enjoying herself.  For now at least.  The problem that I have with this photo is that she's wearing adult clothing - there's nothing wrong with being a child model, but in the appropriate setting and clothing.  Adult make up and stilettos is too much for a child.  Plus the problems will come later, when she gets a little older and the agencies stop treating her like a little girl and start treating her like they do their adult models - and for the most part that is Not Well. 

For now, however, aside from some kind of parental pressure she MIGHT be receiving, she's probably being treated very well and having a fun time.

I mostly agree with you.

My biggest problem is that I fear that pictures of a 10 year old girl dressed like an adult in sensual poses will be a magnet for pedophiles.

Savannah

• Ich Bin Ein
  • Accidentally on purpose
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2011, 12:15:04 PM »

I didn't mean to say she was forced or something.

Of course she must be having fun, it's quite a strange place for a child.

But if she keeps on modelling, i bet she'll regret for wasting her childhood by working. Now she's too young to see.

There's nothing wrong with working. But if you make a 10 year old start modelling, she'll love making easy money and never want to 'waste' her time in studying her lessons or playing child games again. It's something she'll understand later, i'm pretty sure she'll question herself.

I'm not againist children actors or models, but for god's sake is it fair to treat them like adults? They taste responsibilities of the adult world too early.  

Most people in 20s can not cope with fame, isn't it too much for a kid?
Quote from: Amanda Palmer
I mean, we're losers with bandwidth. #LOFNOTC

facebook is like the worst book I've ever read. the characters do not evolve one bit and the plot is going nowhere.

Mockery

• Frank L. Baum's past bride and Oz princess
  • Lovely, lovely lady lumps
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2011, 11:33:34 PM »

Believe it or not, my sister Erika mentioned how she doesn't like how Selena Gomnez is trying to be turned into a sex symbol. Why must little girls grow up so damn fast Mr. Media? Why can't they have a few more years where they get to be sweet and darling and not have to worry about all the stupid crap we have too? Let them hold onto those last few years!
was too busy looking at the attractive girl in the weird paint vag bib.

I have 47 Indja Points

Agonistes

• discocunt
    • blog
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2011, 11:51:36 PM »

Believe it or not, my sister Erika mentioned how she doesn't like how Selena Gomnez is trying to be turned into a sex symbol. Why must little girls grow up so damn fast Mr. Media? Why can't they have a few more years where they get to be sweet and darling and not have to worry about all the stupid crap we have too? Let them hold onto those last few years!

at least we don't marry them off when they're twelve anymore.

absynth aura

• Fill me with your
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2011, 01:40:15 AM »

On one hand I think that this is wrong. A 10 year old in Vogue, modelling adult clothing.
although she is looks her age more than half the vogue models

But on the other hand, it's nothing completely new.
And I don't believe that she was forced to do this, I mean sure there may have been some convincing in part of her parents, but nothing in the way of forcing her to do this. But I could be completely wrong, I'm just speaking from an outside view.

@Mockery, it's not just Selena Gomez, a lot of Disney/youth stars are being turned into sex symbols because they're being forced to grow up too fast. If they had grown up outside of the spotlight, then there wouldn't be a problem. The problem lies in their being in the spotlight and young girls seeing how the media portray them and trying to act like them. However, there are exceptions, Demi Lovato and Hillary Duff for example, both were/are Disney stars, yet neither are "sex symbols"
^I'm pretty sure if I'm turning into a horse to fuck a stranger off the internet, vodka will play its part...

Lighting cigarettes with you

Agonistes

• discocunt
    • blog
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2011, 07:06:32 AM »

there is also tatum o'neill, drew barrymore, and michael jackson, if anyone needs a warning role model.

Mockery

• Frank L. Baum's past bride and Oz princess
  • Lovely, lovely lady lumps
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2011, 07:31:24 AM »

@Mockery, it's not just Selena Gomez, a lot of Disney/youth stars are being turned into sex symbols because they're being forced to grow up too fast. If they had grown up outside of the spotlight, then there wouldn't be a problem. The problem lies in their being in the spotlight and young girls seeing how the media portray them and trying to act like them. However, there are exceptions, Demi Lovato and Hillary Duff for example, both were/are Disney stars, yet neither are "sex symbols"
It still doesn't make a lot of sense. Most of the followers are young girls around eight. Why sexualize them?
was too busy looking at the attractive girl in the weird paint vag bib.

I have 47 Indja Points

The Angel Raliel

• ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2011, 07:33:16 AM »

and the thoiusands of pageant girls that are paraded around in lipstick  (did not a famous one get killed?)

@raliel

Agonistes

• discocunt
    • blog
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2011, 07:46:16 AM »

joan-binet ramsey.  you couldn't get away from the name for like a year, and they never ran out of new footage of the child dressed like a china doll turned hooker.

The Angel Raliel

• ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2011, 07:51:30 AM »

yep but that sort of pageant is very much alive and well and judged by very creepy looking old people

@raliel
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up