THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Itching to see Amanda in concert? Visit the tour page to see if she's playing a city near you!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: the If You Won a Big Lottery thread  (Read 10375 times)

Savannah

• Ich Bin Ein
  • Accidentally on purpose
the If You Won a Big Lottery thread
« on: August 25, 2011, 04:00:58 PM »

Well people, i looked for it but couldn't find a similar thread.

As you could understand from the title, this is the thread to talk about the dreams of the things you need a big money to realize.

Me, today i dreamed about opening my own traditional food restaurant abroad. I'd try to cook everything as much as i could, but my grannie would be the master chef.

And with the rest of the money, i'm not sure what i'd do, but i'd probably make some charities to child health organizations and animal shelters.
Quote from: Amanda Palmer
I mean, we're losers with bandwidth. #LOFNOTC

facebook is like the worst book I've ever read. the characters do not evolve one bit and the plot is going nowhere.

N.U.

• Initials... OF DOOM!
Re: the If You Won a Big Lottery thread
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 04:05:44 PM »

I'd first set up a family trust so no child in my extended family will ever have to pay for school (trade, college, or technical) again. Beyond that, I'd buy property in North Beach, San Fran, and turn it into an art commune.

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 06:12:30 PM »

split into equal shares with my sibs, parents and best friend. then put a week's worth of clothes into a duffel bag and light out into the world for a couple of years.

something really huge, like $250 million or more...would get divvied up a lot more. nobody would be seeing more than $10 million, including me.

#@!

Captain Oblivious

• Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!
    • The NCC! I am a mod there =]
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 06:23:45 PM »

I would like to pay for my mum to go to college in France so that she and Dad could be together. I would give my sister some money to set herself up in Australia, maybe a year's or few year's rent on an apartment she liked. I would go clothes and shoe shopping because that is a luxury I have not been able to afford in years and I would also buy myself a laptop. I would give some money to my extended family, especially for school and college for my cousins. I would put myself through uni and a PhD. I'd travel a lot and buy a castle.

I fear I'd be quite selfish with my money, but not totally. I want to help people as much as I can, but I also want to make sure I'm set up.
Quote from: Reptile
Congratulations, you tiny badass!

Quote from: ~Miranda~
Everything you said looks like real words to me.

Great minds think alike but fools seldom differ

Cheddars Cousin

• I'm no Gouda
  • Legendairy
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 06:24:58 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/GbK_KMKHp6Q&amp;feature=related" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/GbK_KMKHp6Q&amp;feature=related</a>

Savannah

• Ich Bin Ein
  • Accidentally on purpose
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 02:40:59 AM »

I'd first set up a family trust so no child in my extended family will ever have to pay for school (trade, college, or technical) again.

Quite logical.
Anyway, while i was studiying at the university, we were going through a really hard time. I had to work a lot to pay my university fee since my mother had a lot of debt. And though how much my mother had helped my cousines in their university fees and stationery expenses, nobody gave a damn about mine. They all graduated nearly 9-10 years before me, they had regular jobs, they all got rich enough to buy their own houses and cars. Yet none of them even spended some time asking me if i needed something. So i had to work so much that i couldn't graduate at the right time, and i had to receive loans with high interests from the national bank. So i don't think i would let my cousines have their shares from the money, but i'd help my brother to graduate with the best financial possibilities, i'd buy him a car i'd pay his rent and fees.
Quote from: Amanda Palmer
I mean, we're losers with bandwidth. #LOFNOTC

facebook is like the worst book I've ever read. the characters do not evolve one bit and the plot is going nowhere.

Mockery

• Frank L. Baum's past bride and Oz princess
  • Lovely, lovely lady lumps
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 02:05:03 PM »

I used to think I'd spend it all on me but I have things that are more important than me.

First, I would buy my mother a new car. Second, I'd help me sister out if her money problems. Then, if I have some left over, I'll use it for school as needed and then save the rest for my future car, my future dog and my future apartment.
was too busy looking at the attractive girl in the weird paint vag bib.

I have 47 Indja Points

absynth aura

• Fill me with your
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 09:47:43 PM »

I fear I'd be quite selfish with my money, but not totally. I want to help people as much as I can, but I also want to make sure I'm set up.

I'd be the same.

I mean, I'd give money to my parents and grandparents. But other than that, the rest of it would be setting myself up for life.

I've always thought about this. I'd buy a section, on a hill, over looking the ocean, and build a sprawling house made of mostly glass.
Which, I'd put my parents up in probably.
And then I'd spend a few years traveling the world.
After paying off my student loan, car, and my parents mortgage and stuff.
^I'm pretty sure if I'm turning into a horse to fuck a stranger off the internet, vodka will play its part...

Lighting cigarettes with you

Katherine May Williams

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2011, 11:02:15 AM »

I would help people.

A lot.

lentower

• if you see me at a show (or elsewhere), please come over & say hi
  • this is a real photo of me. thanks sheri hausey!
    • len's web sight
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2011, 02:23:54 PM »

Invest in figuring out the future.
getting started:
BOX-RULES (please read...

further back:
Our forum before this one...

Half Mar

• steals flamingos and gnomes.
  • Cake Sex Riot
    • Drumssss!
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2011, 05:50:36 PM »

I'd give quite a lot to my parents. They can use it. My brother would also get a part.

With the rest, I would buy some stuff to expand my drumkit. I'd probably also end up buying another electric guitar (or two) and a good amp plus some effect pedals. If I still have money after that, I would get all the games I still want, and then go on a little trip (I don't really have the need to travel that far, so a little trip is fine). I guess after that there wouldn't be any money left ;)
Quote from: Audrey
she's captain of the awesome ship
Quote from: Lucy
if you had a giant spoon you could scoop up an evil person with that spoon and feed them to a giant for breakfast -like a good hearty bowl of evil
Quote from: Chloe
my flatmates can suck on my meat loaf

lentower

• if you see me at a show (or elsewhere), please come over & say hi
  • this is a real photo of me. thanks sheri hausey!
    • len's web sight
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2011, 06:19:52 PM »

Invest in figuring out the future.

i also do more traveling to see a & b, solo & together ; - }
getting started:
BOX-RULES (please read...

further back:
Our forum before this one...

Mockery

• Frank L. Baum's past bride and Oz princess
  • Lovely, lovely lady lumps
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2011, 11:42:32 AM »

You know what else I would do if I won the lottery? Start saving up for my children's college fund. Yeah it's kinda cliche but college costs a lot of money.
was too busy looking at the attractive girl in the weird paint vag bib.

I have 47 Indja Points

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2011, 11:36:02 PM »

You know what else I would do if I won the lottery? Start saving up for my children's college fund. Yeah it's kinda cliche but college costs a lot of money.
Depends on your context...

If you actually have, say, a million dollars, you can pay cash for pretty much any major, and masters program, and doctorate,
including books, room and board, and in all likelihood, travel for a semester or two at some exciting foreign school, with a lot
left over.

My interpretation of "a Big Lottery" is at least in the 8-figures, and expenditures would include whatever
college expenses might be required for all the college-bound folk on the beneficiary list.

...and I'd probably start with just plopping a pile of dollars into 529 plans.  That'd take care of the basics right there.
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

Cirque

• will emerge from the cocoon as a
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2011, 08:29:19 AM »

Pay fox to please stop making Simpsons. The horse as been dead for almost a decade, stop beating it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All   Go Up