THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AFP's not camera shy and her YouTube and Vimeo channels are chock-full of eye candy to prove it. Content's added to both all the time, so be sure to subscribe!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: TOUR/ALBUM: An Evening With Neil Gaiman & Amanda Palmer  (Read 10161 times)

lentower

• if you see me at a show (or elsewhere), please come over & say hi
  • this is a real photo of me. thanks sheri hausey!
    • len's web sight
Re: TOUR/ALBUM: An Evening With Neil Gaiman & Amanda Palmer
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2011, 05:13:41 PM »

hugo

it would be better, if amanda and other artists
structured their pre-funds so the basic CD
cost no more than usual

send the suggestion/criticism in to the usual address
*@amandapalmer.com ? ? ?

sylviak et al

amanda cares about her fans as people.
she's not a saint.
but being a performer is more than just a job,
and more than just $$$ for her

i also have no problem with her or anyone asking
those with extra and excessive $$$ to support them
and their art/research/work. 

patronage is probably older than human civilization. 
like any other human behavior
it can be good or evil on both sides.
but in amanda's fan base, it's good from her,
and in the examples, i've seen good, for and from her fans

you are each, of course,
free to believe what you wish
getting started:
BOX-RULES (please read...

further back:
Our forum before this one...

the CAPS guy

• Died at 672
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2011, 03:55:13 PM »

Oh, yes Len, I actually don't mind the way she's doing to raise the album, actually i love those pre-funds projects, and also i don't care if people is willing to pay one million dollars to her, it's not my money and it's not my business, but you want me to be part of that business right?

I TRIED TO GET THE PHYSICAL ALBUM, but when I saw the cost i just thought that putting an album for $25 dollars is for a new artist trying to be known, not for a well-known-artist. Or at least, for that price, a deluxe edition (a normal edition must exists) or some goodies.

I am sorry but I think I am right. I supported the Dolls & Amanda when she was affordable, I also got the $100 package of WKAP and tought it was crazy, but I did it, I tought it was to be the only time they'd do that, but then the new recordigns came and we got the 100, 1000, 10000, 100000, 100000000 packages, some people will pay I know, the problem is when the $10 dollars cd happen to be the $25 dollars cd, and that's the cheaper price.

the only thing you are doing with that, if you doesn't know, is making people feeling frustrated that they can't afford the product.
fans: getting the one million dollars package doesn't makes you the best fan.

I love the music, love the concept, love the product, DON'T AGREE WITH PRICE.
isn't supposed to be: as more fans buying the album, more affordable prices? It seems like not.

honestly,
NOT ONE OF THE NEW RICH FANS.

thank you afp team if you give good reasons for the project, that the album was made with love, with the best materials outside, etc, etc, it's your job, and respect that.
also respect miss palmer music and person, not the way that things are being made.

PS. I am getting the digital download but someone lost the 20 dollars i would give for the cd.
also, Congratulations for the 110,000+ pledged!

EDIT: Didn't mean to sound rude with anyone or amanda or any of the afp staff, if I did, my apologize.

yosmark

• The Powa. The Powa.
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2011, 11:01:32 AM »

I'm not buyimg this one (yet) because JSR fucked up my last order and I have about 50 bucks flying over the internet. I really want to listen to the Goes Down Under album, It's been almost 3 months since I ordered the record.

Sad panda.

lentower

• len's web sight
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2011, 09:23:16 PM »

Oh, yes Len, I actually don't mind the way she's doing to raise the album, actually i love those pre-funds projects, and also i don't care if people is willing to pay one million dollars to her, it's not my money and it's not my business, but you want me to be part of that business right?

I TRIED TO GET THE PHYSICAL ALBUM, but when I saw the cost i just thought that putting an album for $25 dollars is for a new artist trying to be known, not for a well-known-artist. Or at least, for that price, a deluxe edition (a normal edition must exists) or some goodies.

I am sorry but I think I am right. I supported the Dolls & Amanda when she was affordable, I also got the $100 package of WKAP and tought it was crazy, but I did it, I tought it was to be the only time they'd do that, but then the new recordigns came and we got the 100, 1000, 10000, 100000, 100000000 packages, some people will pay I know, the problem is when the $10 dollars cd happen to be the $25 dollars cd, and that's the cheaper price.

the only thing you are doing with that, if you doesn't know, is making people feeling frustrated that they can't afford the product.
fans: getting the one million dollars package doesn't makes you the best fan.

I love the music, love the concept, love the product, DON'T AGREE WITH PRICE.
isn't supposed to be: as more fans buying the album, more affordable prices? It seems like not.

honestly,
NOT ONE OF THE NEW RICH FANS.

thank you afp team if you give good reasons for the project, that the album was made with love, with the best materials outside, etc, etc, it's your job, and respect that.
also respect miss palmer music and person, not the way that things are being made.

PS. I am getting the digital download but someone lost the 20 dollars i would give for the cd.
also, Congratulations for the 110,000+ pledged!

EDIT: Didn't mean to sound rude with anyone or amanda or any of the afp staff, if I did, my apologize.

thanx for letting me and the sbox know more about where you are at

just to be clearer:
the official contact email is
the official way to make complaints
and suggestions
getting started:

further back:

the CAPS guy

• Died at 672
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2011, 12:58:49 PM »

thanks Len, also, it's important to express a manifesto in an open forum like this, seriously, as I am and always be a follower of the dresden dolls and ap music, my point of view represents the point of view of many people, you (ap team) can use it to improve the way you are being watched by the fans and not fans (as we saw on the recent "who likes amanda palmer?" article), and the way that amanda palmer is being watched with her new releases.

lentower

• len's web sight
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2011, 02:05:31 PM »

thanks Len, also, it's important to express a manifesto in an open forum like this, seriously, as I am and always be a follower of the dresden dolls and ap music, my point of view represents the point of view of many people, you (ap team) can use it to improve the way you are being watched by the fans and not fans (as we saw on the recent "who likes amanda palmer?" article), and the way that amanda palmer is being watched with her new releases.

of course, expressing yourself about the d.dolls, a, and b is what the sbox is for - both praise and criticism

also, just to be clear to everyone, i'm not a member of "ap team".  i'm a volunteer who removes spam and misc other tasks on the sbox, and a fan who has been around a while, and gotten to know many folk, who trys to be helpful
getting started:

further back:

xombi

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2011, 03:59:25 PM »

i backed this, but misread the package and did not get a cd, i want one though, is there a way to add a cd? or buy one separately?

RiverVox

• I'm a believer.
  • Goodbye to blueberry pie
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2011, 12:26:48 PM »

I got my Prelude tracks yesterday and it has restored my soul after a tough Christmas weekend.
Thank you to all who worked to make it possible.  :love5:

Here are the tracks:

1. Intro (concert instructions)
2. Ampersand
3. Runs in the Family
4. Shoggoth's Old Peculiar (Neil)
5. Blake Says
6. Forbidden Brides of the Faceless Slaves in the Secret House of the Night of Dread Desire (Neil)
7. Do You Swear to Tell the Truth
8. Zombies & Shy People (Q&A)
9. Drinking with John Wilmot, 2nd Earl of Rochester (Q&A)
10. Making Mixtapes (Q&A)
11. Everyone Should Have a Hobby That Could Kill You (Q&A)
12. It Was All Going So Well (Q&A)
13. On-Stage Dating Service

Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten. ~ Neil Gaiman

BATTEREDxBRIDExLUVR!

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2012, 04:48:45 AM »

has this come out yet?
I do not want to live to archive my own life.
I see it everywhere around me, especially with the popularity of web diaries, forums, and cell phones that take pictures.
I do not want to fall into the subtle trap of truly believing I Blog Therefore I Am.
amanda, 2005-04-15

RiverVox

• I'm a believer.
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2012, 10:07:18 PM »

If you mean the real official full set of music from the kickstarter project: No.
The tracks have been selected and they are being mixed and mingled into the Master. No dates yet. Here's a site Sean made for the latest http://www.neilandamanda.com/
Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten. ~ Neil Gaiman

ahauntingnearu

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2012, 05:06:49 PM »

what songs will be included? didn't someone say something about dear old house?

RiverVox

• I'm a believer.
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2012, 09:59:13 PM »

I don't know what they picked from the tour recordings. This tweet from Eric today though: "The discs are in production. and an update will be going out to all of you soon! we are so close to shipping it"  :D

d514

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2012, 10:09:39 PM »

Does anyone know if this will be available for the non-backers as well. I mean digitally via bandcamp or something like that?

jacksmith20122

« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2012, 02:31:36 AM »

lovely

absynth aura

• Fill me with your
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2012, 02:33:24 AM »

Does anyone know if this will be available for the non-backers as well. I mean digitally via bandcamp or something like that?
I believe that it will be.
^I'm pretty sure if I'm turning into a horse to fuck a stranger off the internet, vodka will play its part...

Lighting cigarettes with you
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up