THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda's got a blog. If blogs could talk, it'd ask you to read it. It might even say "please."

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: TOUR/ALBUM: An Evening With Neil Gaiman & Amanda Palmer  (Read 10174 times)

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
Re: TOUR/ALBUM: An Evening With Neil Gaiman & Amanda Palmer
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2012, 06:07:11 PM »

Will I be shunned for giving people a heads up that the album is available on file hosting sites if you do some (not too intense) googling...?

I don't speak in any official capacity whatsoever, but in general, implied encouragement
to steal an artist's work, particularly when done ON THAT ARTIST'S MESSAGE BOARD, is
generally frowned upon.
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

ahauntingnearu

« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2012, 08:58:10 PM »

i remember an early twitter response to someone asking for/about the album was somehting along the lines of torrenting it. i don't think she cares that much, based off that comment of hers. who knows though. i DEFINITELY see what you're saying.

Hayley Fiasco!

• mgmt jr.
  • Administrator
  • WKAP is in the Black 9s of WHRW's record library
    • hayleyfiasco.com
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2012, 11:55:43 PM »

i remember an early twitter response to someone asking for/about the album was somehting along the lines of torrenting it. i don't think she cares that much, based off that comment of hers. who knows though. i DEFINITELY see what you're saying.

Amanda's comments on twitter about torrenting were, I believe, in the context of her upcoming new album with context pertaining to the music industry and torrenting not being the enemy to marketing new music. You can interpret it a million ways, but the kickstarter album being exclusively available right now to only those who backed the kickstarter (the folks that made the recording financially possible) is different, and while I understand your pain in having missed out - it's just the nature of the project.... at least for right now.

Will I be shunned for giving people a heads up that the album is available on file hosting sites if you do some (not too intense) googling...?

I don't speak in any official capacity whatsoever, but in general, implied encouragement
to steal an artist's work, particularly when done ON THAT ARTIST'S MESSAGE BOARD, is
generally frowned upon.

As Cee said... regardless of what Amanda's views are on torrenting and file sharing, it's not kosher to share illicit download links. I understand that because this album is currently exclusive to Kickstarter backers only, the public cannot purchase it directly from Amanda & Neil, however even if it was a torrent to an album readily available on iTunes or Bandcamp this forum isn't the place to share files that are specifically not available for free/to the public by the artist directly.

In other words, be patient, in time you'll be able to get your hands on everything you want, if not immediately, eventually.
@HayleyFiasco

Member of Team AFP

citizenoftheplanet

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2012, 12:37:17 PM »

That's how I interpreted too, and unless I'm mistaken didn't it go something along the lines of..

amanda: it's only available to kickstarter pledgers
random tweeter: what about people who couldn't afford to pledge?
amanda: the download was A DOLLAR dude
random tweeter: what about people who couldn't afford a dollar?
amanda: those people will torrent

Saying that, I do understand and respect the fact that links shouldn't be posted here (it appears that the link I found is inactive now anyway), but I can't bring myself to feel guilty for downloading, listening, and enjoying it.

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2012, 03:25:55 PM »

That's how I interpreted too, and unless I'm mistaken didn't it go something along the lines of..

amanda: it's only available to kickstarter pledgers
random tweeter: what about people who couldn't afford to pledge?
amanda: the download was A DOLLAR dude
random tweeter: what about people who couldn't afford a dollar?
amanda: those people will torrent

Saying that, I do understand and respect the fact that links shouldn't be posted here (it appears that the link I found is inactive now anyway), but I can't bring myself to feel guilty for downloading, listening, and enjoying it.
Pretty sure there's an implicit sneer there...

People too cheap to pony up ONE LOUSY DOLLAR are gonna steal it anyway.
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

Hayley Fiasco!

• mgmt jr.
  • Administrator
    • hayleyfiasco.com
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2012, 09:31:45 PM »

From today:

@amandapalmer: not sure. at Some Point. RT @eaglejm when will Evening With ... be available to those realizing too late about the kickstarter release?
@HayleyFiasco

Member of Team AFP

amarantha

« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2012, 12:46:30 AM »

Hi Team  Neil & Amanda,

I was part of the Kickstarter and I know you are now sending the cds/extras/etc.  In the time since I've pledged, I had to move, and I doubt my package will be forwarded to my new address.  Who/How/What do I do or contact to get my addy changed so I get my cool stuff?

Any help is appreciated!  Thanks :-)

amarantha

Hayley Fiasco!

• mgmt jr.
  • Administrator
    • hayleyfiasco.com
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2012, 06:57:48 PM »

Hi Team  Neil & Amanda,

I was part of the Kickstarter and I know you are now sending the cds/extras/etc.  In the time since I've pledged, I had to move, and I doubt my package will be forwarded to my new address.  Who/How/What do I do or contact to get my addy changed so I get my cool stuff?

Any help is appreciated!  Thanks :-)

amarantha

Hi Amarantha. Shoot an email to us [at] amandapalmer.net - include as many details as you have (your kickstarter username, your old address, your new address etc.) and we'll help sort it out.
@HayleyFiasco

Member of Team AFP

David Whitelaw

« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2012, 03:40:51 AM »

Greetings,

A quick query to fellow Australians: Have you received your CDs yet and if so when? I'm becoming increasingly worried that something is awry.

My thanks.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up