Miscellaneous Ephemera > Everything Else

nyc - what to do on a holiday? like new years day!!!

(1/6) > >>

lentower:
like some of you, i'll be in nyc on 1/1/2008, and all the museums and most of the stores will be closed!!!!

so what to do?

i'll start:

* walk around ground zero

* explore central park
tag, your it!

that is, your turn!

fairytalevegas:

--- Quote from: lentower on December 25, 2007, 08:19:44 AM ---like some of you, i'll be in nyc on 1/1/2008, and all the museums and most of the stores will be closed!!!!

so what to do?

i'll start:

* walk around ground zero

* explore central park
tag, your it!

that is, your turn!

--- End quote ---
Walking around Ground Zero isn't exactly something you do to kill time. I'm going there with Doug(?) and Kelsey on Monday but that's only going to be for a few minutes to photo something for my series. It's not exactly a happy fun place.

As for central park, Strawberry Fields is lovely.

mäire:
i think it would be hell to be in nyc on new years day. people in ny are so pushy. always in a rush for no damn reason!

i will be sleeping on new years day, in my house, in my room, in my bed. ah. cozy.

guuurrrrrllltakeiteasy:
^^ well it's a CITY, what do you expect. Besides some people are probably trying to reserve spots at expensive restaurants with their significant others. It's a party and adventure everyday in New York City.

Central Park in winter, I've never been there - at that time of season - but I'm sure it's amazing, would you take pictures?

Oooh they're renovating/expanding Juilliard, go check to see if they're almost finished. South of Bronx, Roosevelt Island, Empire State Building, Rockefella, the GE Building. Those are nice places I think you should visit.

Jarboe:
I like how the train line from NYC to where I need to get in Jersey to sleep at night DOESN'T RUN ON WEEKENDS OR HOLIDAYS.

New Year's Day I may be homeless and cold.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version