THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda is making Art with your support on Patreon. Join become a patron and help AFP make ALL THE THINGS.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10  All   Go Down

Author Topic: News on 11  (Read 21011 times)

Savannah

• Ich Bin Ein
  • Accidentally on purpose
Re: News on 11
« Reply #120 on: June 04, 2013, 04:18:54 AM »

Thanks guys, no worries, i am safe.

All i can do from here is to translate the news and spread them to the international media. Casualties: 2 people died, approx. 3000 people wounded.

Policemen are now covering the id numbers written on their helmets and collars in order to attack the protesters violently without getting recognised.

This girl was not even a protester, but she was really unfortunate to be there and got beaten harshly with iron bars, you can see the bruises and broken arm & leg:

https://twitter.com/basak_ozcelik/status/341499178268110849/photo/1
https://twitter.com/basak_ozcelik/status/341826972864872449/photo/1
Quote from: Amanda Palmer
I mean, we're losers with bandwidth. #LOFNOTC

facebook is like the worst book I've ever read. the characters do not evolve one bit and the plot is going nowhere.

Faloleen

« Reply #121 on: June 04, 2013, 05:38:02 AM »

^Oh god, that's horrible.
And because of the censorship there is almost no coverage of this situation in czech media. I get informations solely from twitter and tumblr.
Fate is not a factor.

Savannah

• Ich Bin Ein
« Reply #122 on: June 04, 2013, 09:44:42 AM »

^Oh god, that's horrible.
And because of the censorship there is almost no coverage of this situation in czech media. I get informations solely from twitter and tumblr.

I keep sending tweets regarding the latest news to the popular news channels and newspapers, and ČT24 is among them. But can't seem to take their attentions. 'Till now just a Russian TV answered my tweet in order to get further information.

facebook is like the worst book I've ever read. the characters do not evolve one bit and the plot is going nowhere.

spider jerusalem

• forever a
  • um mazzaropi incriminado
« Reply #123 on: June 04, 2013, 10:48:19 AM »

I don't know if it is mentioned on the news out there, but there's a big civil disturbance in Turkey, people are exposed to strong reaction of the policemen and government.

I haven't watched the news yesterday. Saw some brief mentions about it today on the newspaper . Stay safe
I assembled this team for purposes of a League of Extraordinary Gentlemen thing, but in reading this thread it occurs to me they're all highly bangable. Yeah, even Spider Jerusalem.

Faloleen

« Reply #124 on: June 04, 2013, 03:03:55 PM »

I keep sending tweets regarding the latest news to the popular news channels and newspapers, and ČT24 is among them. But can't seem to take their attentions. 'Till now just a Russian TV answered my tweet in order to get further information.
That is a great thing to do!
ČT24 tweets about floods all the time, so that's probably why they're ignoring your tweets. But @LidovkySvet, a big czech newspaper tweets about Turkey.
Fate is not a factor.

Miss Sahara

« Reply #125 on: June 04, 2013, 04:20:01 PM »

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/europe/8744197/Violent-crackdown-on-Turkey-protest

Protests in Turkey turn violent

I don't know if it is mentioned on the news out there, but there's a big civil disturbance in Turkey, people are exposed to strong reaction of the policemen and government.

it's beeing covered on all the big news sites/newspapers over here. i hope you stay safe!

Savannah

• Ich Bin Ein
« Reply #126 on: June 05, 2013, 01:48:45 AM »

Miss Sahara, Spider Jerusalem: Thanks, trying to do my best to stay safe and get it all heard.

@Faloleen: Thank you soo much, will add @LidovkySvet to our data base and start sending them tweets.

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #127 on: June 07, 2013, 12:24:14 AM »

I don't really watch any of the national news stations...

Have any Americans heard anything about this on a "major" outlet?
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

spider jerusalem

• forever a
I assembled this team for purposes of a League of Extraordinary Gentlemen thing, but in reading this thread it occurs to me they're all highly bangable. Yeah, even Spider Jerusalem.

Rose

« Reply #129 on: June 07, 2013, 12:51:25 PM »

I don't really watch any of the national news stations...

Have any Americans heard anything about this on a "major" outlet?

I don't watch the news. I read it, though, and it's being covered on The New York Times.
So there's that.

Faloleen

« Reply #130 on: June 15, 2013, 06:13:34 AM »

Fate is not a factor.

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #131 on: June 20, 2013, 07:43:13 AM »

Major protests in Brazil thew last few days, rioting in a few cities.

spider jerusalem

• forever a
« Reply #132 on: June 20, 2013, 09:38:36 PM »

Things are getting PRETTY nasty right now in Rio. São Paulo was crazy too. Brazilia had a lot of troubles too today. In Rio things are close to a civil war in some aspects. A friend of mine, who was in Monday's riot is being wanted by the police - supposelly because he tried to beat to the death a policeman. A video shows something completely different:

Video one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4ccslSNV0s  --- he is the beard man, in white plain t-shirt, holding like three or four guys...

There is another video, but you cant understand what he is saying. More or less at 0:45. His white t-shirt is on his shoulders.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlWlZ7F6K_c

spider jerusalem

• forever a
« Reply #133 on: June 21, 2013, 02:26:33 AM »

http://edition.cnn.com/  --- the protests were on cover of CNN.

Just one pov from someone not connected with the media, but reading and listening from every side:

- the flag against "corruption" is the weakest and most vague flag you can raise. Many people from part of out society are getting into this bang wagon of "against all and everything that is wrong". However, most of them have a right wing conservative attitude, going against the real cause that spawned the riots: the cost and ineffectiveness of public transport in Brasil.

Many people are there only for the sake of saying they were there. Like a post I saw in facebook today: It is not because of the 20 cents, it for the Instagram post. Others are clearly there as if it was a street party, are there to have fun.

A guy from the group (can't call them party, because it will sound like if they are a political party) MPL, Movimento Passe Livre (smth like: No Fee Movement)  who started the demonstrations against the fee raise posted a text in his FB page, saying how sad he is on the turn the demonstrations took. From something coherent and if a cause, now you have people shouting almost everything and anything, making the speech weaker every demonstration after every demonstration. Not only that, but the fact that people INSIDE the protests were calling he and his group (which were the minority)  communists - because they were gathered together with some people from extreme left wing parties.

I'm too tired to reproduce every word that he said, but you could clearly see some traces of repression and facism from those guys.

In the mean time, while people are happy and feeling like a real citizen because they are protesting against everything, you see extreme right wing people and some right wing parties taking part in a speech of "PT (Dilma's and Lula party) is the cause of all this corruption", like if these other parties never had any scandal. For instance, the future candidate for  the president election next year from PSDB, and governor of  my state, Aécio Neves, is going on trial for a billion dollar *insert word i dont know*  of public budget.  Also, you see people asking to extinguish all parties - yes, like they did back in the 60s, with the  Fifth Institutional Act. 

Add to that all these rioters destroying everything that they think it should be, beating up policemen, burgling. Add the excessive violence of an badly trained and underpaid police force. And you have a situation that is going totally out of control.

And people think they are top of the notch going to the streets, when they can't see they are being manipulated somehow.

I don't agree with MPL main cause, which is a free public transportation system because that is almost impossible of implementing. But I agree that you need one, and only one cause for a demonstration.

Brazilian people are easily lead by this "against corruption" speech, which is just bollocks at the end. How can people ask to end corruption if each and everyday most Brazilians tries to take some advantage over others? Hoping queues, not given back extra change, taking away things found on public places (we have this saying: found is not stolen...) - specially money and mobiles, but actually anything that they can carry at the moment. A people that try to cheat on each and every possibility. A people who think it is strange when someone does not take an advantage over something or someone. That is why corruption is such a weak flag....

I'm scared on how this can end.

There are so many things wrong on with these protests, that I get lost with my thoughts and can't even finish this bloody post in someway that it makes any sense...

PS.: my friend posted a video on YT telling his okay and commenting the stupid poster that people did, telling he (and others) were going to be hunted down by Rio's police force.  I wish you guys were fluent in portuguese, because Im too lazy and very tired right now to subtitle that.

spider jerusalem

• forever a
« Reply #134 on: June 21, 2013, 10:51:01 AM »

BBC and The Guardian have good reports too:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/
http://www.guardian.co.uk/ 

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10  All   Go Up