THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Like" Amanda? Be sure to Zuckerberg-that-shit, and show her on Facebook... (The Dolls' Facebook is HERE)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: homosexuality & mormonism  (Read 1219 times)

BATTEREDxBRIDExLUVR!

homosexuality & mormonism
« on: November 06, 2011, 05:23:21 AM »

(i didn't know whether to place this in personal life or grey matters)

so, i have a crush (it's not really anything serious at all and it's only between six and twelve hours old) on someone who is both 1) pretty obviously (give me the benefit of the doubt please) gay and 2) a mormon. he's not out (though it's apparently "okay" for him to be) and i've never heard of anyone having had it confirmed by him, but he has all of the traits that typically help to discern that someone's gay, including that his facebook's "interested in" being blank. so if nothing else i can at least assume as well that he might "know" too. the reason i mention that is because, while it wasn't my experience and while i have a lot of difficulty imagining myself in the situation, i'm well aware that many people themselves don't know their own sexualities at first.

so i did some research, being the nosy and curious person i am, and after the quick scanning of google and tumblr in the past few hours i learned a couple of things. it's "okay" for a mormon to be out, and being attracted to the same sex is fine, but you can't have gay sex or be intimate in any way, really. some others seemed to be of the opinion that everything BUT sex was okay, though.

like i said before, it's only a little crush and it's probably something i'll be over soon, but i think the issue itself is heart-breaking and whether or not i'm in love with this guy, either way i like him as a person and a friend and it really sucks to know that he's basically faced with disownment and excommunication should he eventually decide to be happy. i guess i can't really say "be happy," because there's no way for me to prove what makes someone happy. but i don't see how a marriage to someone you're not attracted to and never enjoying sex and your sexuality could coexist with happiness.

i did come across the blog of a mormon woman who was married to a gay man. she said that he was out of the closet when they married but that they are in love and have three children and are very happy together. however, since blogs start with the most recent postings, i only made it a couple of entries down. all of the posts i saw were either about her dieting obsession, cymbalta addiction, or the stress of her marriage, so i wasn't quite convinced that it could really a happy one.

so i was wondering if any other shadowboxers had any experiences related to this topic or any insights.
I do not want to live to archive my own life.
I see it everywhere around me, especially with the popularity of web diaries, forums, and cell phones that take pictures.
I do not want to fall into the subtle trap of truly believing I Blog Therefore I Am.
amanda, 2005-04-15

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
Re: homosexuality & mormonism
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 02:25:29 PM »

She* - where are you?

$ethie

• Fo' five dollahs, I'll suck yo
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 07:15:44 PM »

Quote from: .cadenza.
I DREAMT ABOUT HAVING A PENIS. I HAD FANTASIES OF STROKING MY PENIS. AS I DIE, I IMAGINE MYSELF BEING SLICED OPEN WITH A...~ACKBLOODDEATH~

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 06:15:36 PM »

same here. certain kinds of crazy appeal to me.   8)

:D

Cheddars Cousin

• I'm no Gouda
  • Legendairy
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 12:30:40 PM »

I have a fondness for Caddy.

lentower

• if you see me at a show (or elsewhere), please come over & say hi
  • this is a real photo of me. thanks sheri hausey!
    • len's web sight
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 05:31:04 PM »

i missed she*, caddy, and others

didn't she8 get married?
that can change priorities a lot!
getting started:
BOX-RULES (please read...

further back:
Our forum before this one...
Pages: [1]   Go Up