THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda's got a blog. If blogs could talk, it'd ask you to read it. It might even say "please."

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Shit that didn't affect your day  (Read 7810 times)

Astica

• Ghost
  • Purportedly decadent.
Re: Shit that didn't affect your day
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2012, 05:07:04 AM »

You'd think they'd recall the flawed version...
Quote from: Indja
I mean really, my sins are my own - i don't wnat some cunt to swoop in and wipe the slate clean. it is my fucking slate. fuck offf.

Quote from: N.U.
Tricorns are fuckbanana awesome.

Captain Oblivious

• Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!
    • The NCC! I am a mod there =]
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2012, 09:12:46 AM »

Probably too expensive.
Quote from: Reptile
Congratulations, you tiny badass!

Quote from: ~Miranda~
Everything you said looks like real words to me.

Great minds think alike but fools seldom differ

Zephyr

• Shadows stuffed with organs
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2012, 09:14:58 AM »

Probably too expensive.

I do think that if you e-mail them about it, they offer to send you the right version. Just the CD, so you don't even have to send anything back.

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2012, 11:27:25 AM »

Don't be silly.

Put the "wrong" CD in an archive-standard storage envelope in a safe-deposit box.
Spend the money for a new one when the "fixed" version is available... You can
listen to that one, replace it if it gets worn, whatever...

...and count yourself lucky when Epica actually makes the BIG Big Time and the 'bad' disc is worth a fortune.
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

absynth aura

• Fill me with your
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2012, 09:20:23 PM »

^That's the plan. The first pressing could become a collectors item at some point.

Probably too expensive.

I do think that if you e-mail them about it, they offer to send you the right version. Just the CD, so you don't even have to send anything back.
Some people tried that, but the label just ended up sending a download of the correct version of the song.
^I'm pretty sure if I'm turning into a horse to fuck a stranger off the internet, vodka will play its part...

Lighting cigarettes with you

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2012, 12:30:26 AM »

some guy tried to pick me up this afternoon.

always gives me a chuckle when that happens.

Captain Oblivious

• Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!
    • The NCC! I am a mod there =]
« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2012, 07:16:14 PM »

There's a building on fire about 4 buildings away from me. Pretty big, the whole thing went up. It's been contained and no one has been hurt as far as I know so that's a good thing. But I can't imagine how shit it must be for everyone who lived there. Apparently someone got evicted and his revenge was setting the place on fire. I was just thinking, about 22 people (if it's the same as my building) are now without a home, any belongings, clothes, laptops etc cos some stupid prick decided burning a building down would be a good idea. Thomas (my flatmate) took two girls to the flat, who were in their PJs so they could be warm for a bit and have a cup of tea. They lived in the building next to the one on fire. I don't think it's been affected but fuck that's a lot of drama.
Quote from: Reptile
Congratulations, you tiny badass!

Quote from: ~Miranda~
Everything you said looks like real words to me.

Great minds think alike but fools seldom differ

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2012, 02:12:04 AM »

Similar story:

For those what missed it, a plane crashed on a building very near Brittany (remember her? 'course ya do)
a couple weeks ago.  Amazingly, no one was seriously injured, but it sure made a mess.
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

Astica

• Ghost
  • Purportedly decadent.
« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2012, 03:33:57 AM »

Finding out that I'd been so caught up in what was happening in s1e08 of Game of Thrones that I'd never noticed there were no boobs in that episode.

The proof:
Quote from: Indja
I mean really, my sins are my own - i don't wnat some cunt to swoop in and wipe the slate clean. it is my fucking slate. fuck offf.

Quote from: N.U.
Tricorns are fuckbanana awesome.

Annebelle.

• Trampeltier
  • How 'bout a nice and warm Cake Sex Riot?
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2012, 01:39:28 PM »

It didn't really ruin my day, but I had a long day in school, and then when I got back to my city, I had just missed my bus home. I didn't feel like waiting for the next one (25 minute wait), so I decided to walk home. When I was about half way, I noticed a big dark rain cloud coming my way, and when I was 3 minutes from home it started pouring, within half a minute I was completely soaked.
Quote from: Niels
"if he tells me no I'll do your mum until she hits the floor, eventually I know she's doomed to come right back and ask for more"

Zephyr

• Shadows stuffed with organs
« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2012, 03:26:22 PM »

It didn't really ruin my day, but I had a long day in school, and then when I got back to my city, I had just missed my bus home. I didn't feel like waiting for the next one (25 minute wait), so I decided to walk home. When I was about half way, I noticed a big dark rain cloud coming my way, and when I was 3 minutes from home it started pouring, within half a minute I was completely soaked.

That happened to me too. I was just happy it didn't happen on my way TO school.
(because my mom was nice enough to drop me off at the bus stop. It's a 10min walk, so I would've been soaked)

Annebelle.

• Trampeltier
« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2012, 04:54:25 PM »

That happened to me too. I was just happy it didn't happen on my way TO school.
(because my mom was nice enough to drop me off at the bus stop. It's a 10min walk, so I would've been soaked)

... we really ARE the same person, aren't we?
"if he tells me no I'll do your mum until she hits the floor, eventually I know she's doomed to come right back and ask for more"

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2012, 05:32:24 PM »

If you had waited, would you have avoided the soaking, or would it have happened anyway?

Annebelle.

• Trampeltier
« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2012, 05:36:54 PM »

If you had waited, would you have avoided the soaking, or would it have happened anyway?

If I'd waited for the bus, I would've been inside the station, so no soaking... next time I'm just going to be lazy and wait.

Annebelle.

• Trampeltier
« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2012, 05:55:20 PM »

Double posting, because I'm cool. And the other post was ages ago.

So, there was some actual sunshine today! Normally this would make my day, as the weather has been shitty for the past couple of weeks, like REALLY! It's the second half of FUCKING MAY, and it FROZE last night! So the sun being out kind of made my day, but it also sucked, because I hadn't expected to sun to be this bright... and now my face is burned. My skin is dry and red and itchy and hurting. And I look like a fucking panda bear, because I wore sunglasses all day.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up