THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda's got a blog. If blogs could talk, it'd ask you to read it. It might even say "please."

Pages: 1 ... 197 198 199 200 [201] 202 203 204 205 ... 953   Go Down

Author Topic: The person above you  (Read 886047 times)

The Angel Raliel

• ...looked the other way when a third of them fell
  • ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
Re: The person above you
« Reply #3000 on: January 08, 2009, 02:44:15 AM »

Is a watcher of never mind the buzzcocks...... would Amanda ever go on it?
One should always be a little improbable.

@raliel

Holmes

• you're my
  • betch
« Reply #3001 on: January 08, 2009, 05:07:25 AM »

Should put that idea across to Amanda, would be a great show!

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #3002 on: January 08, 2009, 09:30:05 AM »

Should join me in the battle to go back in time and replace the current Phil Jupitus with him-back-when-he-was-funny, get Mark Lamarr and Bill Bailey back, kick Simon Amstell in the pants and have a panel consisting of Amanda Palmer, Ricky Wilson, Guy Garvey and Ana Matronic. Then all but Phil and Bill can get nekkid.

fishbulb

« Reply #3003 on: January 08, 2009, 09:45:09 AM »

Should join me in the battle to go back in time and replace the current Phil Jupitus with him-back-when-he-was-funny, get Mark Lamarr and Bill Bailey back, kick Simon Amstell in the pants and have a panel consisting of Amanda Palmer, Ricky Wilson, Guy Garvey and Ana Matronic. Then all but Phil and Bill can get nekkid.

And Rich Hall! I want him in the panel as well!!

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #3004 on: January 08, 2009, 09:46:02 AM »

Ok, fuck Bill - RICH HALL IT IS! But only if he too keeps his clothes on.

fishbulb

« Reply #3005 on: January 08, 2009, 09:49:57 AM »

Except when he is wearing one of those ridiculous cowboy shirts. He can take those off and I will burn them for him.

Rich Hall on a team with Boris Johnson would be good. I'd prefer Boris to keep his clothes on though, since I suspect he is pink and white-blonde everywhere.

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #3006 on: January 08, 2009, 09:50:48 AM »

Except when he is wearing one of those ridiculous cowboy shirts. He can take those off and I will burn them for him.

Rich Hall on a team with Boris Johnson would be good. I'd prefer Boris to keep his clothes on though, since I suspect he is pink and white-blonde everywhere.

Like Mr Blobby ^.^

fishbulb

« Reply #3007 on: January 08, 2009, 09:56:06 AM »

Like Mr Blobby ^.^

Barbablondie.

Kenny Wisdom

• Desire in a Bowl of Potatoes
  • Emmett does peace; his way.
« Reply #3008 on: January 08, 2009, 10:07:13 AM »

replace the current Phil Jupitus with him-back-when-he-was-funny,

Yes!! What's happened to him? Talk about just turn up & collect the pay cheque...I was embarrassed watching him last time I saw this!
http://www.diggers.org/overview.htm

A life played for keeps. Read it, dig it, man...

Laissez lire, et laissez danser; ces deux amusements ne feront jamais de mal au monde!!

Greg Nova wrote:
Harper tu n'es qu'un petit couillon!

fishbulb

« Reply #3009 on: January 08, 2009, 10:14:10 AM »

He got dehumorfied. Just like Griff Rhys Jones.

Kenny Wisdom

« Reply #3010 on: January 08, 2009, 10:25:55 AM »

That's Oxbridge for you. Absolutely right! He's become a right pompous establishment puppet. {Kenny shakes head in disbelief}

The other corporate buffoon, not Oxbridge though, is Ben Elton. Back in the 80's you'd find him on any "subversive" Channel 4 show, spouting leftie stand-up humour. Now, as this Wiki quote testifies:

"Ben Elton. Do you know this guy? He started out as an "alternative" comedian, railing against Thatcherism and the like, and now earns a fortune writing the librettos for truly awful West End musicals. I mean, his name has become a byword for shameless hackery. He's the biggest sell-out of his generation..."

Oh, kids and kiddesses, you can have your thread back in a minute, ok?

Laissez lire, et laissez danser; ces deux amusements ne feront jamais de mal au monde!!

Greg Nova wrote:

AnnaBeck

• I'm the Agatha Christie of punkrock muffucker
    • Anna A. Fungus
« Reply #3011 on: January 08, 2009, 10:29:47 AM »

his wisdom is above anyone.
I imagine all the people

fishbulb

« Reply #3012 on: January 08, 2009, 10:53:02 AM »

That's Oxbridge for you. Absolutely right! He's become a right pompous establishment puppet. {Kenny shakes head in disbelief}

The other corporate buffoon, not Oxbridge though, is Ben Elton. Back in the 80's you'd find him on any "subversive" Channel 4 show, spouting leftie stand-up humour. Now, as this Wiki quote testifies:

"Ben Elton. Do you know this guy? He started out as an "alternative" comedian, railing against Thatcherism and the like, and now earns a fortune writing the librettos for truly awful West End musicals. I mean, his name has become a byword for shameless hackery. He's the biggest sell-out of his generation..."

Oh, kids and kiddesses, you can have your thread back in a minute, ok?

I used to need to have the subtitles on for Ben Elton, back when he was called Motormouth.

A while ago I saw Griff Rhys Jones with Dara O'Brien and that hairy guy (3 men and a boat) and he reminded me of Victor Mildrew. An annoying moaning old git.

Kenny Wisdom

« Reply #3013 on: January 08, 2009, 11:05:58 AM »

Rory McGrath, the hairy one.

Yeah, that's what they've become. It's the Oxbridge You-scratch-my-back-and-I'll-scratch-yours syndrome and the BBC is full of them. It's a marvelous conceit. You only have to pitch half an idea to get your personal projects financed by the licence fee payer. Read Jones' autobiography and you find he spent most of his childhood messing about on boats. Lo and behold, next thing you know is he's messing about on his own personal yacht, with two chums, under the guise of "edu-tainment". Mortgage and probably an expensive yacht refit paid for.

It happens all over. Jamie Bleeding Oliver? You know, him of the "Every time I need to fund a new project I make a telly show". His mate, Jimmy, of Jimmy's farm? Jimmy wants to give up his job and run a farm. "Ooooh, that's a bit risky, mate. You know, to provide an income, why don't you make a telly show! I've got contacts! Pucka!"

I'm sick of the whole "reality" deal. It's just lining the same old pockets doing the same old things. You know, until I'm fabulously rich and famous, I'm going to make this my band wagon moan. Mind you, my house needs a major overhaul. It would make for fantastic viewing...

Greg Nova wrote:

fishbulb

« Reply #3014 on: January 08, 2009, 11:20:44 AM »

We've got all that reality shit too. And then other peoples shit as well, like America's Next Top Model. And the shit we converted, like the Dutch Strictly Come Dancing.  >:(

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=MqB03UxmtyU&feature=related Thank whatever deity there's still good comedy.
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 199 200 [201] 202 203 204 205 ... 953   Go Up