THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda's got a blog. If blogs could talk, it'd ask you to read it. It might even say "please."

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Year's resolutions?  (Read 23126 times)

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
New Year's resolutions?
« on: December 27, 2011, 02:01:08 AM »

I'm going to bake more.

:glasses9:

N.U.

• Initials... OF DOOM!
Re: 2012 resolutions?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 02:40:24 AM »

I don't make New year's resolutions.

Astica

• Ghost
  • Purportedly decadent.
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 02:41:02 AM »

Haha, I should try to bake less.

I'm also going to work harder at Uni (I'll have to, my undergraduate average would make for third class honours :S )

I really want to get back into drumming, as well, but I'm not sure whether that's quite a resolution yet...
Quote from: Indja
I mean really, my sins are my own - i don't wnat some cunt to swoop in and wipe the slate clean. it is my fucking slate. fuck offf.

Quote from: N.U.
Tricorns are fuckbanana awesome.

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 12:13:32 PM »

I don't make New year's resolutions.

in other words, same resolution as last year.

:P

Savannah

• Ich Bin Ein
  • Accidentally on purpose
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 03:09:40 PM »

I will sooo buy myself a car, even if i get deep in debt, even if they distrain my ass off.
Quote from: Amanda Palmer
I mean, we're losers with bandwidth. #LOFNOTC

facebook is like the worst book I've ever read. the characters do not evolve one bit and the plot is going nowhere.

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2011, 05:18:15 PM »

My list is a little long, and fairly varied, but here y'all are:

• Do better at school, as always. The idea that even when I'm pulling out all the stops, I still can't get a first is fucking annoying me. I'm sure this isn't as clever as I can be.
  • Make friends with more people who Seamy doesn't know. I need more friends xD
  • Read more comics. They're awesome, don't know why I don't do them more.
  • Save some money, and go on holiday abroad without my family. I have a passport, and friends in Europe - no reason why I shouldn't be completely capable of this. It's my own fear, laziness and procrastination that's putting it off, and that is not acceptable.
  • I'd like to get strong. I don't mind the size or shape that I am, but I'd like to be stronger. Not like a muscle woman, but just have something to me that isn't essentially dough xD
  • Introduce Seamy to my family. Face to face! He's a top fella and I want them to know that :D
  • I want to play at least once in public in Belfast. Just one open-mic night. Like the travelling one, there's nothing in the way but my own self and my contradictions, and I'm getting a bit sick of being a complete tit.
  • Write something. A story, not an essay xD Don't care how long it is or how good it is, but I want to write a complete story instead of having them rattling round in my head all the time.

slyvia k

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 06:55:52 AM »

graduating from college

AND

not cutting my hair on my own...i always make disasters  ;D

JohnnyDBBUK

• Proud custodian of the Neville sisters souls
  • Where in time is Brian Viglione?
    • ~Gaslight Cabaret Club~
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2011, 09:55:10 AM »

invent hover-board
invent arc reactor
become with Iron Man or Marty McFly overnight.

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2011, 10:44:45 AM »

invent hover-board
invent arc reactor
become with Iron Man or Marty McFly overnight.
While you're at it, can you do something about the jet-pack that I was assured
would be generally-available ten years ago?  Thanksmuch!
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2012, 02:11:45 PM »

^I love the third one xD

As for sewing your own clothes, I've wanted to do that for bloody ages but never quite get round to it. Do you make things already?

Pandora

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2012, 02:16:46 PM »

I do already make stuff, but I hardly ever finish them. I made two costumes and a dress, and I have an unfinished skirt, an unfinished costume and fabrics for a top and another skirt and a dress or something. So really that should be my new years resolution: Finish all the stuff I've started.

Astica

• Ghost
  • Purportedly decadent.
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2012, 07:53:18 PM »

^Actually, me too. Definitely finish all the stuff I've started.
I also found out we have a circus trust in my town that has lessons on a whole lot of things. I'd have to save for a while before I could take the classes, but they teach Aerial Silk things! Might have to get into that. Of course, I'd have to work myself into a level of fitness where I could actually pull myself up the fabric first, but they can apparently help with that, too  ;D
I mean really, my sins are my own - i don't wnat some cunt to swoop in and wipe the slate clean. it is my fucking slate. fuck offf.

murmur

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2012, 09:12:26 PM »

Making resolutions makes no sense to me at all.

All the "new year" is, is a restart of the calendar. derpin.

RiverVox

• I'm a believer.
  • Goodbye to blueberry pie
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2012, 10:08:36 PM »

Glitter
Floss
Salad
Yoga
Books
Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten. ~ Neil Gaiman

guuurrrrrllltakeiteasy

• We accept the love we think we deserve
  • je veux ton coq
    • Mein YouTube
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2012, 12:10:25 PM »

I love that glitter is on the top of your list.

Mine is somewhat similar to Indja's.

The List
  • Get driver's license once and for all (or at least get to a G2 - this is where I can drive on my own, the G is where I've completed the license)
  • Get better grades (I ended last semester with a borderline fail GPA, but then I calculated my percentage average and it was a 78% so I don't know)
  • Write more music (scores, songs, arrangements, etc)
  • Love more.
  • Get back into shape and get back down to the weight I was at before working at a fast food restaurant.
  • Save money now that I have no job
  • Find somewhere to play my music outside of the house (I wanted to set up a show in the summer but it never happened)
  • Cry more
  • Get back into yoga
  • Stay healthy
  • Forgive more

There's more. But... this shall do for now.
Quote from: garbanzo bean
Sean, mahal kita <3

Fo' shizzle, ma Bizzle.

cuntnugget

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2012, 12:14:33 PM »

Glitter
Floss
Salad
Yoga
Books

sounds like a band name.  :D

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2012, 12:30:00 PM »

Because I'm awesome ;) I liked your list, especially "Cry more". Crying is good for you, when done in a cathartic and honestly emotional way rather than a self-pitying sort of way.

Yoga seems popular. I tried it a while ago, just the first lot (sun salutations?) and realised how hopelessly unfit and weak. It's really rather sad. How easy is it to do on your own? I can't afford a class and I don't really want the embarrassment of having to work out in front of people.

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2012, 12:54:22 PM »

Because I'm awesome ;) I liked your list, especially "Cry more". Crying is good for you, when done in a cathartic and honestly emotional way rather than a self-pitying sort of way.

Yoga seems popular. I tried it a while ago, just the first lot (sun salutations?) and realised how hopelessly unfit and weak. It's really rather sad. How easy is it to do on your own? I can't afford a class and I don't really want the embarrassment of having to work out in front of people.
There are VIDEOS....    O0

I got one from NetFlix, and it's been sitting on the counter taunting me for two weeks...   :-\

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2012, 01:03:30 PM »

Hmm. Shall consider.

The Angel Raliel

• ...looked the other way when a third of them fell
  • ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2012, 01:42:56 PM »

I am going to love and create....
One should always be a little improbable.

@raliel

RiverVox

• I'm a believer.
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2012, 02:35:11 PM »

Glitter
Floss
Salad
Yoga
Books

sounds like a band name.  :D

Ha! It does indeed. I might change the last word to BLOG. I read a lot, but don't write enough. My idea though is that reading is a very healthy thing that I do for myself that I don't want to stop.
Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten. ~ Neil Gaiman

RiverVox

• I'm a believer.
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2012, 02:45:34 PM »

The List
  • Get driver's license once and for all (or at least get to a G2 - this is where I can drive on my own, the G is where I've completed the license)
  • Get better grades (I ended last semester with a borderline fail GPA, but then I calculated my percentage average and it was a 78% so I don't know)
  • Love more.
  • Get back into shape and get back down to the weight I was at before working at a fast food restaurant.
  • Find somewhere to play my music outside of the house (I wanted to set up a show in the summer but it never happened)
  • Cry more
  • Get back into yoga
  • Stay healthy
  • Forgive more

I like your list! External requirements, health, fitness, emotional balance & creativity. All good things.

I decided I would let my glam monster out of the closet this year. I'm a conservative dresser in general but I've found that a few of sequins here and there really livens up my spirits. I like to dress up a bit for shows (a thread somewhere on Shadowbox) but it hasn't bled over into my "normal" life. Until NOW!

lentower

• if you see me at a show (or elsewhere), please come over & say hi
  • this is a real photo of me. thanks sheri hausey!
    • len's web sight
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2012, 09:24:51 PM »

There are VIDEOS....    O0

I got one from NetFlix, and it's been sitting on the counter taunting me for two weeks...   :-\

For yoga beginners,
I suggest Peggy Cappy's videos.
Or any that have the word "Gentle" in their titles.
getting started:
BOX-RULES (please read...

further back:
Our forum before this one...

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2012, 10:50:38 PM »

There are VIDEOS....    O0

I got one from NetFlix, and it's been sitting on the counter taunting me for two weeks...   :-\

For yoga beginners,
I've got "Basic Yoga Workout For Dummies"...
This beginners' program, hosted by yoga professional Sara Ivanhoe, offers practical techniques
that put the power of yoga at your fingertips.  This non-intimidating program explains yoga in
an easy-to-understand language.

Rated NR         1 hr.  10 min.      2001

guuurrrrrllltakeiteasy

• je veux ton coq
    • Mein YouTube
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2012, 02:04:40 AM »

There are VIDEOS....    O0

I got one from NetFlix, and it's been sitting on the counter taunting me for two weeks...   :-\

For yoga beginners,
I've got "Basic Yoga Workout For Dummies"...
This beginners' program, hosted by yoga professional Sara Ivanhoe, offers practical techniques
that put the power of yoga at your fingertips.  This non-intimidating program explains yoga in
an easy-to-understand language.

Rated NR         1 hr.  10 min.      2001

I know of this video!

Hey you know what? I cried today! I cried to one of my favourite scenes from the film, The Color Purple. The scene where Nettie and Celie are torn apart from each other.

As for yoga? I do it at home watching videos because classes are expensive and far away. But there are so many sexy men that attend yoga these days! And a class or two doesn't hurt, because with a class the instructor can show you, as well as help position you, into the correct pose without injuring yourself. My voice teacher is also a yoga teacher and she told me this. Small things that we do wrong in a pose can greatly affect our bodies.

Anywho.
Sean, mahal kita <3

Fo' shizzle, ma Bizzle.

cuntnugget

Astica

• Ghost
  • Purportedly decadent.
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2012, 06:51:34 AM »

I am going to love and create....
Yes. I will certainly be aiming to do a lot of both of these things. I'm doing film honours and surrounding myself with people I like, so this shall certainly be doable. I also want to meet lots of new people.

I decided I would let my glam monster out of the closet this year. I'm a conservative dresser in general but I've found that a few of sequins here and there really livens up my spirits. I like to dress up a bit for shows (a thread somewhere on Shadowbox) but it hasn't bled over into my "normal" life. Until NOW!
From Tentacles and Teacups:
"DO NOT BE AFRAID.
Worried about what your friends will think of your wet look green tights? FUCK THEM. You look like a badass frog- SO WHAT? Think your date won’t appreciate the combat boot/short dress combination? FUCK THEM. Your legs look FANTASTIC. If it makes you happy, that’s what freaking matters. People are staring? It’s because you look HOT, dahliink >;D"

RiverVox

• I'm a believer.
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2012, 12:31:05 PM »

From Tentacles and Teacups:
"DO NOT BE AFRAID.
Worried about what your friends will think of your wet look green tights? FUCK THEM. You look like a badass frog- SO WHAT? Think your date won’t appreciate the combat boot/short dress combination? FUCK THEM. Your legs look FANTASTIC. If it makes you happy, that’s what freaking matters. People are staring? It’s because you look HOT, dahliink >;D"

Wonderful. I should write this on my mirror!  O0

Miss Sahara

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2012, 06:16:15 PM »

lets see

*be healthier
*finish BA degree (although i hate it and can't get myself motivated/think of quitting, even though i have only 4 (four!!) weeks left)
*find boy- or girlfriend who can move in with me so I don't have to pay the rent all by myself
*sing more and get better at it
*become rockstar
*die on december 21st

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2012, 06:19:53 PM »

^Don't you dare die ;) The others are crackers though. No point giving up on your BA so late in the game. My step-cousin just dropped out in the middle of his first semester of second year, so almost exactly halfway through. Total waste of time and money, can't believe he didn't just suck it up until the end.

When you're a rockstar, will you remember the little people? xD

Miss Sahara

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2012, 06:40:13 PM »

yes, I will be that new kind of rockstar that is always way too grateful and grounded to be actually cool, while also a tad crazy to compensate.  :brave:

and i knooooow it makes no sense to give up now, but i don't feel that the certificate will prove anything (I have learned a lot in the past years, so not a complete waste of time and money...) and i also don't want to continue so i technically won't need it. gah.

also, i thought crackers were salty biscuits.

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2012, 07:01:59 PM »

Crackers are salty biscuits, also a Christmas toy, but in this case I was using it to refer to something I consider "cracking", i.e, really cool. My apologies for the ridiculous nature of the English language xD

The certificate will prove that you can think and work at that level, nothing more. Mine won't prove anything beyond that, and I love my subject. I see exams and things as nothing more than a way of acknowledging that you've gone to the classes - like a birth certificate doesn't change the fact that you were born in a certain country to certain parents, it just provides an official recognition of that. So then it becomes a choice of what you do when you're there. Do you work the bare minimum, and focus solely on what's going to pass your exams and get you that certificate, or do you accept that not everything you learn is going to be "useful" but you might be interested in it. If you're not, the former is the obvious choice :)

Miss Sahara

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2012, 07:32:08 PM »

thanks for explaining, the English language never ceases to amaze me :)

at this stage, the parts that i *am* interested in are sadly not requirements anymore, so that's where my frustration comes from... I don't even have exams left at all, only 60 pages worth of paper writing and presentations, which is more of a commitment than learning lotsa stuff by heart in a short period of time. but you are right, before i quit, i might just try to do a just enough /least effort version :)

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2012, 08:01:59 PM »

It's better than selling yourself short and having nothing to show for all the work you *have* done. I'm pretty bored of most of my subjects, and I've got exams next week on things that I would be perfectly happy to never see again. But I know that after my BTh I can go on and do an MA on something more specific, and then a PhD to be even more specific, and then spend the rest of my life writhing in joy among a pile of books about what Jesus would think of surveillance cameras xD

Captain Oblivious

• Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!
    • The NCC! I am a mod there =]
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2012, 12:31:25 AM »

lets see

*be healthier
*finish BA degree (although i hate it and can't get myself motivated/think of quitting, even though i have only 4 (four!!) weeks left)
*find boy- or girlfriend who can move in with me so I don't have to pay the rent all by myself
*become rockstar
*die on december 21st

RE: boy or girlfriend. What's wrong with just a friend or even a stranger to move in with you?
Quote from: Reptile
Congratulations, you tiny badass!

Quote from: ~Miranda~
Everything you said looks like real words to me.

Great minds think alike but fools seldom differ

Miss Sahara

« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2012, 08:36:03 AM »

lets see

*be healthier
*become rockstar
*die on december 21st

RE: boy or girlfriend. What's wrong with just a friend or even a stranger to move in with you?

my apartment. i am having a "regular" housemate at the moment, and it is possible, but the rooms are concepted in an obvious couple or single person way. so if the apartment says so i'd better obey :)

The Angel Raliel

• ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2012, 01:10:58 PM »

@raliel

Mockery

• Frank L. Baum's past bride and Oz princess
  • Lovely, lovely lady lumps
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2012, 04:34:30 PM »

I'm planning on working on my self control when it comes to food and money.
was too busy looking at the attractive girl in the weird paint vag bib.

I have 47 Indja Points

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2012, 12:29:09 AM »

For any such as might be plotting YOGA for 2012...

A co-worker is doing THIS and says she's quite enjoying it.... but it does cost money.   :-\

lentower

• len's web sight
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2012, 03:55:35 AM »

For any such as might be plotting YOGA for 2012...

A co-worker is doing THIS and says she's quite enjoying it.... but it does cost money.   :-\

<warning: longish len advice ON>
Most of the asanas/poses shown on that page,
are advanced and should only
be taught in class with a GOOD instructor.

Yoga can be very dangerous without an instructor who understands anatomy,
can correct your alignment, and show you how to get in and out of asanas (poses).

You are much more likely to hurt yourself:
tear a joint, break a bone, serious hurt.

You can look for a community-based course.  They are often cheaper.  

Some towns offer subsidized Yoga, as part of their Recreation or Elder Care programs.

Some health insurers give you money for fitness, and Yoga usually qualifies.

But if the instructor isn't giving feedback (even Very Good, Cee)
to each student in the class,
that isn't improving their technique, try again.

It's sufficient to see a GOOD instructor once a week, and build a home practice around DVDs/VCR tapes (many Public Libraries lend them out, so you can try a variety, before you buy (I got many of my VCR yoga tapes off of FreeCycle)), or the shows on Cable or Broadcast TV, or Internet offerings like the one Cee points out.

I STRONGLY urge you to get a yoga mat.  Worth the money.

<warning: longish len advice OFF>

PS: I do enjoy Yoga, but I enjoy what it does for the rest of my life even more.
getting started:

further back:

guuurrrrrllltakeiteasy

• je veux ton coq
    • Mein YouTube
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2012, 04:02:34 AM »

So far I've lived up to most of my resolutions.

I've cried plenty, lots of yoga, eating way healthier (borderline vegetarian (because of my stomach and its fucking acid), tea, reading, writing, and trying to love and forgive.
Sean, mahal kita <3

Fo' shizzle, ma Bizzle.

cuntnugget

Astica

• Ghost
  • Purportedly decadent.
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2012, 05:05:46 AM »

I'm already reconsidering mine. Definitely still working hard at uni and starting circus skill classes once I'm less broke/horribly unfit...so I suppose being more careful with money/not constantly buying yet more clothes should be a resolution :-\

I'm thinking that my main resolutions should be creating more stuff, making people happy, not letting people make me unhappy when they shouldn't, and looking after myself/looking after my own happiness.

absynth aura

• Fill me with your
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2012, 05:26:21 AM »

I never actually set any resolutions for this year.
Well, I mean, I did say that I will continue to build on everything I achieved with myself last year. But that's not really a resolution is it?
I guess, I want to be better with my money, so that I can save for a trip to Europe.
I dunno, everything else I want to do this year is pretty much stock standard.
^I'm pretty sure if I'm turning into a horse to fuck a stranger off the internet, vodka will play its part...

Lighting cigarettes with you

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2012, 08:21:38 AM »

I'm sticking "Stay off the smokes" on the end of mine. I was intending to anyway, but I just had a firm decision made for me. Seamy moved my stuff from his to mine in his mum's car, and literally they can only have been in there for like 5 minutes max and everything STINKS of smoke. Not nice.

Mr. Leave Me Alone

• Cake Sex Riot
  • 'Agent of mirth'
    • Blog.
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2012, 08:21:38 AM »

-Be less of a bitch.
-Be more of a bitch when certain people suggest I'm being less of a bitch for their own sake and make me feel like some kind of pushover who exists solely to make them happy. Fuck that.
-Get back into doing art again (in spite of some nasty comments that have stopped me from as much as opening a sketchbook).
-Spend more time with my little sister Olivia. And my Mum and my brothers Will, Erik and Riley. Mostly Liv though. I don't want my baby sister to not know who I am.
-Bake more cookies
-Try harder to make friends in this city. Ones who I won't need to drop because they're not very nice and actually make me feel lonelier than when I had no friends at all.
-Be braver.
-Have more money!!!!!!!
Guns N' Roses are red, violets are funny...

Unbreakable toys are useful for breaking other toys.

I witnessed the Cake Sex Riot-4/3/12. Pray for me.
☑✝
☒♀+cake

Cirque

• will emerge from the cocoon as a
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2012, 09:03:43 AM »

-Don't be a whore
-Be yourself around your parents more, in short: Screw them (Well screw her really)

RiverVox

• I'm a believer.
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2012, 09:10:04 AM »

So another thing that was a vague resolution of mine was to do some theater. It's a part of my life that I dropped long ago and it's been scratching at the door to come back in. So I was asked about the parent/teacher play at my kids' school and I said, sure I'd like to participate and then I was cast and received a script and rehearsal starts Wednesday. I am a bit startled but also delighted.

The reason I am posting about this is that what worked for me on this issue was outside forces. I opened the door a crack and WHOOSH someone blew it open. I'm good about keeping commitments to other people, but not to myself. My vague wish to "do theater" turned into a part in a play in three email messages. I'm thinking about other ways to make my resolutions stick by using external motivation. If I sign up for a 12 week exercise class, I will go. That's just how I am. Which is why I don't sign up!  Anyway, good luck to you all.

lentower

• len's web sight
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2012, 09:24:40 AM »

So another thing that was a vague resolution of mine was to do some theater. It's a part of my life that I dropped long ago and it's been scratching at the door to come back in. So I was asked about the parent/teacher play at my kids' school and I said, sure I'd like to participate and then I was cast and received a script and rehearsal starts Wednesday. I am a bit startled but also delighted.

The reason I am posting about this is that what worked for me on this issue was outside forces. I opened the door a crack and WHOOSH someone blew it open. I'm good about keeping commitments to other people, but not to myself. My vague wish to "do theater" turned into a part in a play in three email messages. I'm thinking about other ways to make my resolutions stick by using external motivation. If I sign up for a 12 week exercise class, I will go. That's just how I am. Which is why I don't sign up!  Anyway, good luck to you all.

the universe often does this.
you ask for something,
and WHOOSH it's there

clear intent; clear willingness
ignites magic
getting started:

further back:

Pandora

« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2012, 11:26:10 AM »

So far I've been doing pretty good with my resolutions. I've been eating more fruits and veggies and going out jogging to get healthy, I've rekindled my friendship with an old friend I thought I'd lost, and I've been working on making my own chainmail, which is both creative and fun. I just hope I can keep all this up.

The Angel Raliel

• ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2012, 02:23:25 PM »

well so far my attempts at making more art have been going fine! also met some nice new people....

@raliel

Mockery

• Frank L. Baum's past bride and Oz princess
  • Lovely, lovely lady lumps
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2012, 03:40:10 PM »

So far so good.

I've decided that I'm only going to have one sweet thing a month. Like a cupcake or something. Already done that and the need to eat constantly seems to be dying within me. I feel kinda proud
was too busy looking at the attractive girl in the weird paint vag bib.

I have 47 Indja Points

Pope Totalfrog

• AKA Arse Fez von Titty Biscuit
  • Queen of the wild (suburban) frontier.
    • twitter
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2012, 05:05:36 PM »

I'm going to stop letting my sister's overwhelming negativity get to me.
Wow. Froggie's like a superhero...
Trick question: No matter how they're prepared, and how hungry you may be, tarantulas are NOT food

lentower

• len's web sight
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2012, 06:39:58 PM »

So far so good.

I've decided that I'm only going to have one sweet thing a month. Like a cupcake or something. Already done that and the need to eat constantly seems to be dying within me. I feel kinda proud

CONGRATS!

Do you really want to have that need to eat constantly,
come back?  Even for a few hours?
getting started:

further back:

Tiervexx

« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2012, 06:08:07 PM »

I don't really believe in new year's resolutions because I believe that if you are really serious about it you won't wait until the new year to start.

An example that is very familiar to gym rats is that every year after new years there is a flood of people on resolutions to get in shape... they stop after about a month.

Cirque

« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2012, 06:59:38 PM »

I don't really believe in new year's resolutions because I believe that if you are really serious about it you won't wait until the new year to start.

It's so true, I think it's just about a significant time marker. If you do stick it out you know exactly how long you've been doing it, since the start of the year.
But we rarely do stick it out. It's all about the spirit of change.

Paul

• ...has his baleful eye on you
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2012, 11:51:52 PM »

Mine is to be a classier gentleman and stop fucking swearing...
The Baleful Eye has spoken..................

Astica

• Ghost
  • Purportedly decadent.
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2012, 06:02:49 AM »

An example that is very familiar to gym rats is that every year after new years there is a flood of people on resolutions to get in shape... they stop after about a month.
I don't think it's about having an idea and then waiting for the new year to start, but rather getting to the new year, and making yourself think of something, and then, as Shane says, using the date as a marker.

LoneWanderer

• My blog of truth, justice, and awesome
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2012, 07:57:14 AM »

Find love
Lose weight
Be myself
Learn to love myself
Read more
Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional

RiverVox

• I'm a believer.
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2012, 08:06:52 AM »

I joined a gym yesterday. Knowing that I'm paying for it will help to motivate me. Not to mention that my college reunion is coming up! :o

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2012, 10:31:39 PM »

I joined a gym yesterday. Knowing that I'm paying for it will help to motivate me. Not to mention that my college reunion is coming up! :o
Best of luck!  (Not that luck is required, of course...)

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2012, 12:43:03 AM »

So I got super-stressed over the two weeks of exams I had, and ended up buying a pack of ten smokes to get through. Started rationalising it, and then Seamy got annoyed at me for it so I stopped and just decided that after the 10 were gone, I'd be done again. Had my last one today, so it's back on the wagon with me. I'm not being too hard on myself for it though xD Also, I went to roller derby today for the first time and it was great, so I think that'll be a combination of getting healthy and being more social. Feeling good.

Blue Canary

• You can't ignore my techno
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2012, 12:44:32 AM »

Attempt to care less about what other people think of me.
You should totally barf on all their dicks. I will help.

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2012, 12:51:56 AM »

Attempt to care less about what other people think of me.
So...
If we all think you're an intelligent, attractive, thoroughly positive person.....

....you won't let that bother you?  Good plan.

Astica

• Ghost
  • Purportedly decadent.
« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2012, 01:02:23 AM »

Find someone new to give me back massages.

LoneWanderer

« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2012, 01:13:27 AM »

Become a mime and learn piano

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2012, 01:14:43 AM »

God hates mimes....  :-\

LoneWanderer

« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2012, 01:17:40 AM »

So I've heard haha

guuurrrrrllltakeiteasy

• je veux ton coq
    • Mein YouTube
« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2012, 12:17:22 PM »

I'm joining a gym soon!!!!!!!!!!
Sean, mahal kita <3

Fo' shizzle, ma Bizzle.

cuntnugget

The Angel Raliel

• ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2012, 02:41:03 PM »

God hates mimes....  :-\
.....luckily the Shadowbox loves them...

@raliel

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2012, 08:46:54 PM »

I'm going to bake more.

today's project: pineapple upside-down cake.

goddamn, did it come out good.  :)

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2012, 09:31:36 PM »

I'm going to bake more.

Oh my God, I forgot how much I love upside-down cake xD I'm so jealous.

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2012, 12:11:14 AM »

I'm going to bake more.

What she said....

Astica

• Ghost
  • Purportedly decadent.
« Reply #71 on: January 24, 2012, 12:44:47 AM »

I can't remember if I made a New Years resolution to eat moar biscuits, but I'm certainly sticking to it.

(but really, I keep forgetting what I decided every time I check this thread. That can't be a good thing)

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #72 on: January 24, 2012, 10:41:42 AM »

I'm going to bake more.

What she said....

I had another piece with breakfast. like a sweet chunk of sex in my hand.   :love5:

Miss Sahara

« Reply #73 on: January 31, 2012, 06:05:59 PM »

one month in.
*i've become a little healthier already (except for the chocolate/sweets overdose thing)
*i've finished all my BA courses. will start writing BA thesis now. (please cross fingers)
*i have NOT found a boy or girlfriend, which means someone else will have to move in w/me next week. FAIL!!!
*i have been singing a lot which is good, and will start band rehearsals soon  8)
*the dying part is not scheduled yet.

lets see

*be healthier
*become rockstar
*die on december 21st

RiverVox

• I'm a believer.
« Reply #74 on: February 01, 2012, 09:14:02 AM »

Hooray for you! Now to conquer February.  :headbang:

Miss Sahara

« Reply #75 on: February 01, 2012, 06:18:52 PM »

:)

Astica

• Ghost
  • Purportedly decadent.
« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2012, 09:39:41 AM »

Haha, I should try to bake less.

I'm also going to work harder at Uni (I'll have to, my undergraduate average would make for third class honours :S )

I really want to get back into drumming, as well, but I'm not sure whether that's quite a resolution yet...
1. Ha! Fail.
2. Succeeded, I guess. I got a 2:1, since I did pretty well in three papers and really badly in the fourth.
3. Can't afford to be a drummer, and don't have the space, but I miss it.

How did you guys do?

Savannah

• Ich Bin Ein
« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2012, 09:55:37 AM »

I will sooo buy myself a car, even if i get deep in debt, even if they distrain my ass off.

I've sooo done it  :D

facebook is like the worst book I've ever read. the characters do not evolve one bit and the plot is going nowhere.

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #78 on: December 03, 2012, 10:35:30 AM »

I'm going to bake more.

lots more, as it turned out.  :)

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #79 on: December 03, 2012, 02:09:39 PM »

My list is a little long, and fairly varied, but here y'all are:

• Do better at school, as always. The idea that even when I'm pulling out all the stops, I still can't get a first is fucking annoying me. I'm sure this isn't as clever as I can be.
  • Make friends with more people who Seamy doesn't know. I need more friends xD
  • Read more comics. They're awesome, don't know why I don't do them more.
  • Save some money, and go on holiday abroad without my family. I have a passport, and friends in Europe - no reason why I shouldn't be completely capable of this. It's my own fear, laziness and procrastination that's putting it off, and that is not acceptable.
  • I'd like to get strong. I don't mind the size or shape that I am, but I'd like to be stronger. Not like a muscle woman, but just have something to me that isn't essentially dough xD
  • Introduce Seamy to my family. Face to face! He's a top fella and I want them to know that :D
  • I want to play at least once in public in Belfast. Just one open-mic night. Like the travelling one, there's nothing in the way but my own self and my contradictions, and I'm getting a bit sick of being a complete tit.
  • Write something. A story, not an essay xD Don't care how long it is or how good it is, but I want to write a complete story instead of having them rattling round in my head all the time.

OK, so I did better at school - still not stellar, but better than my first semester last year, which was an enormous ball of suck. I didn't get fit, broke up with Seamus so all the him-related ones went down the pan, I've not played in Belfast and I didn't go on holiday. Guh.

However, I have read more comics. So that's... good? Not especially productive though. And I haven't finished writing anything, but I have started Graceland which is cracking on marvelously, so that's nice.

Captain Oblivious

« Reply #80 on: December 03, 2012, 03:04:07 PM »

I really thought I posted mine here but apparently not. I don't really know what I did this year. I passed third year and started fourth year. I kept my job and made them realise I'm damn good at it. I kept my boyfriend so that's awesome. I was almost completely independent but not quite.

Miss Sahara

« Reply #81 on: December 03, 2012, 05:08:32 PM »

one month in.
*i've become a little healthier already (except for the chocolate/sweets overdose thing)
*i've finished all my BA courses. will start writing BA thesis now. (please cross fingers)
*i have NOT found a boy or girlfriend, which means someone else will have to move in w/me next week. FAIL!!!
*i have been singing a lot which is good, and will start band rehearsals soon  8)
*the dying part is not scheduled yet.

lets see

*be healthier
*become rockstar
*die on december 21st

i did so well in january...and then i completely fucked it up.

(+) i'm only a tiny bit healthier.
- didn't make the deadlines for my BA programme, which was pretty bad, because it ended. i'm in a slightly different programme now and will only finish in february (only if all goes well. and the best thing is i still don't like it!)...but ahhh whatever... next year.
- i still haven't found a boy or girlfriend. another girl moved in with me. she'll stay until february, so...next year.
+ i'm taking up singing lessons in december, and i joined a chorus, so this probably counts.
- i'm not a rockstar yet. this is scheduled for after my graduation, so next year.
- i probably won't even die on dec21st because the maya never really said the world would end there, but that the world would stay the same for a lot more years.

hmm....you bring the smokes i'll bring the beer?

RiverVox

• I'm a believer.
« Reply #82 on: December 04, 2012, 03:47:54 PM »

Glad to see people checking in! 26 days left to make some changes. As for me:

Glitter: Achieved! I started letting my personal style shine through a bit more. Had a great time dressing up for & attending GTO shows. Here I am with Miss Hayley Fiasco:

Please note the sequin tank top.

Floss - Epic fail and my dentist was mean to me. Need to find a new person & VALIUM supplier.

Salad - Not enough, but I held the line. Must switch to soup in the cold months

Yoga - Meh. Lack of time and commitment and some injuries derailed my plans. Oh Rodney Yee, I've been unfaithful.

Books/Blog - YES! Read some great books, attended author events, said hello to authors like wossname here:

and blogged on Live Journal with some regularity.

N.U.

• Initials... OF DOOM!
« Reply #83 on: December 04, 2012, 04:02:43 PM »

I totally won. I made no resolutions and, thusly, have broken none of them.

buttercup.

• the girl you have in that merry green land...
  • ...can wait forever for you to come home.
« Reply #84 on: December 04, 2012, 04:46:24 PM »

I haven't really ever made a resolution. I think I decided to lose weight since I had already lost some, and that happened. So yay that.

Miss Sahara

« Reply #85 on: December 04, 2012, 04:51:35 PM »

seeing as it turned out really bad for me, i think i'll follow your example and make my 2013 resolution to not make a resolution.

Captain Oblivious

« Reply #86 on: December 04, 2012, 05:32:44 PM »

seeing as it turned out really bad for me, i think i'll follow your example and make my 2013 resolution to not make a resolution.

And then break it.

Miss Sahara

« Reply #87 on: December 04, 2012, 05:36:01 PM »

And then break it.
i'm doomed  ;D

sangrebloom

• I'm working toward something, I don't know what...
« Reply #88 on: December 04, 2012, 05:58:59 PM »

I didn't make any resolutions last year, I just wished I'd be happy.  I was at least 90% successful as I'm prone to be a bit sad.
I had to google pegging.

"I'm generally confused - I can't hear you over my obnoxious wealth"

Indja Points:40

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
Re: New Year's resolutions?
« Reply #89 on: December 28, 2012, 07:38:08 PM »

Didn't feel like wasting bandwidth on a 2013-exclusive resolution thread, so I just changed the name of this one.

8)

absynth aura

• Fill me with your
« Reply #90 on: December 28, 2012, 09:41:05 PM »

I'm sticking with the ones I failed at last year,

get fit, save money.
Oh, and to stick with my studies. I re-enrolled for the course I was going to start halfway through last year but didn't for various reasons. So this time I'm going to stick to it.
^I'm pretty sure if I'm turning into a horse to fuck a stranger off the internet, vodka will play its part...

Rose

« Reply #91 on: December 28, 2012, 11:12:32 PM »

I never make new year's resolutions. They seem like an excuse for people to try to do something, fail, and then be angry with themselves.

If I was going to make one, I would resolve to keep on growing as I've been growing and moving forwards. Which is rather vague. 'cause being specific with myself would be stupid (because then I would probably break it).

Astica

• Ghost
  • Purportedly decadent.
« Reply #92 on: December 29, 2012, 12:39:58 AM »

I never make new year's resolutions. They seem like an excuse for people to try to do something, fail, and then be angry with themselves.
Or an excuse to motivate oneself or do things you might not otherwise?

Mine are fairly simple this year.
-Pay off credit card.
-Save some money for Europe.
-Improve sewing skills.
-Learn new skills of some kind.
-Make new friends.

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #93 on: December 29, 2012, 01:48:33 AM »

-Pay off credit card.
-Improve sewing skills.
-Make new friends.
Resolved not to get pissy when my online friends want to visit OTHER continents
and make NEW friends....  probably stupid actual-in-person friends.....  whatevs.   >:(

:D

Savannah

• Ich Bin Ein
« Reply #94 on: December 29, 2012, 01:52:40 AM »

My resolution for new year is to stop hiding in the bushes outside his window. Lol  ;D Just kidding, but i'll really stop stalking my ex on facebook. I have to get over. I've always had this stupid hope that we might get back together, but he doesn't seem like thinking about it, so it doesn't seem like happening.

2012 has been a good year for me, lots of dreams and plans have been realized :) For 2013 i really don't want anything material or financial, i just want to fall in love and remain healthy :)

Astica

• Ghost
  • Purportedly decadent.
« Reply #95 on: December 29, 2012, 01:55:55 AM »

-Pay off credit card.
-Improve sewing skills.
-Make new friends.
Resolved not to get pissy when my online friends want to visit OTHER continents
and make NEW friends....  probably stupid actual-in-person friends.....  whatevs.   >:(

:D
;D I want to keep my current friends, too! Also, Europe because there are more countries there to visit, and they're mostly older and more foreign to me, which makes them more exciting :P

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #96 on: December 29, 2012, 11:29:52 AM »

Oooh, I love New Year's resolutions. I like leaving them somewhere and not looking at them until December - a little like this year and this thread, actually. I suppose mine will be:

-Finish 'Graceland'
-Get to the end of the year on better terms with my father than I started with
-Finish at least 5 new books that aren't anything to do with God. I know 5 sounds like hardly any, but honestly finishing books is reeeaaally hard for me. I have the attention span of a gnat.
-Um, graduate? That'd be pretty sweet xD I'd like 2:1. Can't do shit all with a 2:2. So I suppose tied in with that is "beast my exams and essays for all my modules next semester, and blow my dissy out the water".
-It'd be kind of nice to sleep with someone who isn't a) a one-night stand or b) Seamus. That'd be kind of cool.

Rose

« Reply #97 on: December 29, 2012, 06:02:02 PM »

-Pay off credit card.
-Improve sewing skills.
-Make new friends.
Haha, I guess I am a bit negative. But the majority of people I know who make resolutions don't follow them, and then they beat themselves up when they don't follow them. It's a lovely cycle of unadmitted masochism. It gets frustrating.
And I know if I made the standard resolution of losing weight, or making more friends, or anything concrete I wouldn't follow it or do it. But I'm just going to have a good year again - 2012 was a wonderful year for me, compared to my past years, and I'm going to do that without doing anything concrete so I don't drag myself down by possible failure.
Most of my friends are like me - if they fail at something (and they very well might, they're like me in the procrastination and lack of motivation department as well), then it messes them up emotionally. So I think it's silly to make resolutions.

Still, if someone has the motivation and energy and werewithal to follow them, I imagine they can be a good thing.

Cirque

« Reply #98 on: December 29, 2012, 06:41:21 PM »

Become even more fabulous.
Like that's possible

guuurrrrrllltakeiteasy

• je veux ton coq
    • Mein YouTube
« Reply #99 on: December 29, 2012, 10:29:18 PM »

I'm sticking with what I did last year. I actually stuck with it, I started eating cleaner, and I exercise a lot more than ever. But I'm thinking of just going vegan and really working out now that I have a workout buddy (and lover).

I'm also going to save my monies, and help change the world, and meet new people and write more music. Probably some other stuff too but I can't think of any. Oh yeah, learn Spanish.
Sean, mahal kita <3

Fo' shizzle, ma Bizzle.

cuntnugget

Faloleen

« Reply #100 on: December 30, 2012, 05:43:36 AM »

I love New Year's resolutions. When I make them I truly believe next year will be different and I will do everything right and this hope is lovely.
So:
- lose some weight (I know it's stupid and shallow but...)
- be nicer to everyone, especially to my parents
- graduate and go to Provence to celebrate
- read more, especially new books
- allow my husband to buy a dog (I know he really wants it and I should stop freaking out about it and make him happy :)
- study German harder.
Fate is not a factor.

Annebelle.

• Trampeltier
  • How 'bout a nice and warm Cake Sex Riot?
« Reply #101 on: December 30, 2012, 06:29:36 AM »

I usually don't do New Year's resolutions. I've never felt the need to do anything differently. But this coming year, I'm supposed to start "grown up life", getting a job and stuff. A few changes are ahead of me anyway, so maybe I should prepare myself for a whole new life. I'm going to make some resolutions and leave them on my computer dashboard, so I'll be confronted with them, daily.

My resolutions:

- Be more structured and disciplined. I should start planning important stuff and do it right away, instead of procrastinating everything to the very last moment.
- Do my very best for my teaching work experience. Put a lot of effort in the lesson plans and examples, preferably more than is expected of me. I do not only want to teach the students how to do stuff, I also want to teach myself.
- Stop being nervous when I have to talk to a group of people. Those high school kids will eat me alive if I don't.
- Have breakfast before 10am every day, except for Sundays.
- Eat more vegetables and drink less sodas. Get in shape a bit more.
- Clean up after myself, instead of just leaving things out.
- Draw more. So I can actually get better at it.
- Read more.
- Get a job, earn money, save money, ...
- Get my driver's licence.
- Have a bit more fun, go out a little more, be young while I still am. Say yes to people's offers a bit more.

That should be enough, really...
Quote from: Niels
"if he tells me no I'll do your mum until she hits the floor, eventually I know she's doomed to come right back and ask for more"

Savannah

• Ich Bin Ein
« Reply #102 on: December 30, 2012, 06:58:02 AM »

I usually don't do New Year's resolutions. I've never felt the need to do anything differently. But this coming year, I'm supposed to start "grown up life", getting a job and stuff. A few changes are ahead of me anyway, so maybe I should prepare myself for a whole new life. I'm going to make some resolutions and leave them on my computer dashboard, so I'll be confronted with them, daily.

My resolutions:

- Be more structured and disciplined. I should start planning important stuff and do it right away, instead of procrastinating everything to the very last moment.
- Do my very best for my teaching work experience. Put a lot of effort in the lesson plans and examples, preferably more than is expected of me. I do not only want to teach the students how to do stuff, I also want to teach myself.
- Stop being nervous when I have to talk to a group of people. Those high school kids will eat me alive if I don't.
- Read more.
- Have a bit more fun, go out a little more, be young while I still am. Say yes to people's offers a bit more.

That's one thing you should keep in mind after you step into the grown up life. People usually get so obsessed with their ambitions and careers that they forget how to smile and have fun.

It's sad that most of the things have to change once you graduate and start working. You don't have as much spare time as you used to have, you have to bear bigger responsibilities, etc. But if you know how to draw the line between the serious work and entertaining activities, you will have time for lots of things. Besides you'll get to earn your own money and do whatever you want to do with it  :)

NikosGr

• Hidalgo
« Reply #103 on: December 30, 2012, 08:20:44 AM »

i wish i could follow that advice more:
just keep saying yes. you're going to die anyway.

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #104 on: December 30, 2012, 09:02:47 AM »

I'm sticking with what I did last year. I actually stuck with it, I started eating cleaner, and I exercise a lot more than ever. But I'm thinking of just going vegan and really working out now that I have a workout buddy (and lover).

I'm also going to save my monies, and help change the world, and meet new people and write more music. Probably some other stuff too but I can't think of any. Oh yeah, learn Spanish.

:occasion14:

Miss Sahara

« Reply #105 on: December 30, 2012, 07:26:38 PM »

nooooooooonnnnne.

mwhahaha.

guuurrrrrllltakeiteasy

• je veux ton coq
    • Mein YouTube
« Reply #106 on: January 04, 2013, 08:24:16 AM »

The List
  • Love more.
  • Cry more
  • Get back into yoga
  • Stay healthy
  • Forgive more

I know I already posted in here.

I'll say that I am still driver's license-less
I've got much better grades, so very very close to the dean's honour's list!
I've written more music (I wrote a bunch of AFP scores, and my own stuff and I released an LP)
I've definitely loved more
I got back to my goal weight but gained some back over the holidays
I've kind of saved money
I busked over the summer so I was playing music, not necessarily mine, outside the house
Cried here and there
Definitely got back into yoga
Am eating way fucking cleaner than ever
I'm still working on the forgiving part.

Holy fuck, I didn't think I'd really go through with my resolutions, but I totally did! Woo!
Sean, mahal kita <3

Fo' shizzle, ma Bizzle.

cuntnugget

Astica

• Ghost
  • Purportedly decadent.
« Reply #107 on: January 04, 2013, 09:40:37 AM »

I'm thinking that my main resolutions should be creating more stuff, making people happy, not letting people make me unhappy when they shouldn't, and looking after myself/looking after my own happiness.
Oh wow, I actually did do all of these things. Does this count as meeting my resolutions when they're all vague as hell? ;D

@2013: RE-FIND PURPOSE IN LIFE. I've lost it now I've finished uni. The future is even more vague than last years resolutions.

Blue Canary

• You can't ignore my techno
« Reply #108 on: January 06, 2013, 09:05:29 PM »

Eat fast food only once per week. haha
You should totally barf on all their dicks. I will help.

Miranda.

« Reply #109 on: January 07, 2013, 10:08:27 AM »

Be happy.

ok so that is super corny and cheesy but I'm so tired of trying to change things to be happy so this year I hope to learn how to be happier with things just the way they are
I could live for nothing but kissing.

5 points to the house of your choosing for awesome crochet skills.

Pelle

• I apparently am a
    • Sorry Bunch
« Reply #110 on: January 07, 2013, 01:40:44 PM »

My small list of resolutions:
- Practice piano and guitar more and more and more
- Play music with people more and more
- Perform on my own as a...singersongwriter (hate that word!)
- Make at least two new music videos
- Get accepted at a musicschool for a Master of 2 years.

sangrebloom

« Reply #111 on: January 07, 2013, 08:46:31 PM »

This may be better off in the TMI thread, but it is a resolution... Just have more sex.
I had to google pegging.

RiverVox

• I'm a believer.
« Reply #112 on: December 18, 2013, 11:12:17 AM »

I just realized that I've been doing yoga weekly in the past year, so I've actually kept one of my resolutions.  :headbang:
How did the rest of you do?

Annebelle.

• Trampeltier
« Reply #113 on: December 18, 2013, 12:27:55 PM »

My resolutions:

- Read more.

- Be more structured and disciplined: I worked on this, but I'm not yet where I should be. Heading in the right direction, though.
- Do my best for my work experience: Aced this one, AH YEAH!
- Stop being nervous in front of groups of people: Also aced this one!
- Have breakfast before 10am every day, except for Sundays: Almost, I've gotten better at getting out of bed even though I don't have anywhere to go.
- Eat more vegetables, drink less sodas, get in shape: check, check, fail.
- Draw more: check.
- Read more: check, though I haven't read enough lately.
- Get a job, earn money, save money: sort of, I have a teaching position but only for 2 hours per week. I'm making an effort to volunteer in the cultural field and I'm trying my best at finding freelance positions, though. So I'm on my way.
- Driver's licence: Enormous fail.
- Be young while I still am: Success! I even made new friends this way! I go out or see friends at least twice a week, now! Yay!

Over all, I think I did pretty good!
"if he tells me no I'll do your mum until she hits the floor, eventually I know she's doomed to come right back and ask for more"

absynth aura

• Fill me with your
« Reply #114 on: December 18, 2013, 04:42:35 PM »

I'm sticking with the ones I failed at last year,

get fit, save money.
Oh, and to stick with my studies. I re-enrolled for the course I was going to start halfway through last year but didn't for various reasons. So this time I'm going to stick to it.

Well I got fit, so yay for that one!!!!!!

Didn't save money. I could easily have, I just made a few wrong decisions, which also meant that I only finished one paper this year.

but the money, and study will be recurring again this year, now that I have some idea how how to achieve them.

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #115 on: December 19, 2013, 12:51:58 AM »

My resolutions:

- Read more.

- Be more structured and disciplined: I worked on this, but I'm not yet where I should be. Heading in the right direction, though.
- Do my best for my work experience: Aced this one, AH YEAH!
- Stop being nervous in front of groups of people: Also aced this one!
- Have breakfast before 10am every day, except for Sundays: Almost, I've gotten better at getting out of bed even though I don't have anywhere to go.
- Eat more vegetables, drink less sodas, get in shape: check, check, fail.
- Draw more: check.
- Read more: check, though I haven't read enough lately.
- Get a job, earn money, save money: sort of, I have a teaching position but only for 2 hours per week. I'm making an effort to volunteer in the cultural field and I'm trying my best at finding freelance positions, though. So I'm on my way.
- Driver's licence: Enormous fail.
- Be young while I still am: Success! I even made new friends this way! I go out or see friends at least twice a week, now! Yay!

Over all, I think I did pretty good!

:headbang:

...apparently, I didn't make any. success!

Faloleen

« Reply #116 on: December 19, 2013, 09:46:30 AM »

One big fail for me:
- lose some weight (I know it's stupid and shallow but...) - didn't happen
- be nicer to everyone, especially to my parents - at least I tried
- graduate and go to Provence to celebrate - major fail!
- read more, especially new books - I read more but mostly fanfiction, hm
- allow my husband to buy a dog (I know he really wants it and I should stop freaking out about it and make him happy :) - never gonna happen!
- study German harder - well at least I did this and also started to study portuguese
Fate is not a factor.

spider jerusalem

• forever a
  • um mazzaropi incriminado
« Reply #117 on: December 19, 2013, 03:00:25 PM »

- study German harder - well at least I did this and also started to study portuguese

Que bom!  O0

I stopped making resolutions 3 years ago or so. I would just fail all of them, so... 
I assembled this team for purposes of a League of Extraordinary Gentlemen thing, but in reading this thread it occurs to me they're all highly bangable. Yeah, even Spider Jerusalem.

sangrebloom

« Reply #118 on: December 23, 2013, 05:29:21 AM »

This may be better off in the TMI thread, but it is a resolution... Just have more sex.

failed to have a greater amount of sex than in years previous.  must find more suitable partners...
I had to google pegging.

spider jerusalem

• forever a
« Reply #119 on: December 23, 2013, 10:13:21 PM »

failed to have a greater amount of sex than in years previous.  must find more suitable partners...

Don't worry! Everyone on this board probably has had more sex them me.
I assembled this team for purposes of a League of Extraordinary Gentlemen thing, but in reading this thread it occurs to me they're all highly bangable. Yeah, even Spider Jerusalem.

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #120 on: December 23, 2013, 11:42:04 PM »

OOOOH!  NOT ME!   :)

wait......  :-\

sangrebloom

« Reply #121 on: December 24, 2013, 04:27:45 AM »

I think I'm half way to being ok with this failed resolution.
I had to google pegging.

spider jerusalem

• forever a
« Reply #122 on: December 24, 2013, 09:20:50 AM »

Judging by your reply, I'd say we are tied.  :-\

Annebelle.

• Trampeltier
« Reply #123 on: December 29, 2013, 06:58:45 PM »

I just decided on my one big resolution for 2014. It is to make good art (see Neil Gaiman's speech on this subject if you haven't yet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikAb-NYkseI).

I struggle a lot with starting on the execution of ideas I have, because of ADD. I struggle with finishing things I start because of the same reason. In addition to that, I have difficulties with showing my work to others, as a lot of the time, it deals with personal thoughts, opinions and fears I have. People don't know these things that go on in my head, and if I put my work out there, they will. This will be the things I have to improve on in the next year.

Savannah

• Ich Bin Ein
« Reply #124 on: December 29, 2013, 09:04:48 PM »

Stop checking your ex bfs profile on FB: check.
Fall in love: kind of, but it didn't work so...
Remain healthy: sure as hell, check.

For next year:

-Get a full tenure as a teacher.
-Lose a little more weight.
-Keep your health and be more optimistic about things.
-Quit smoking again.
-Be a little more sociable. Communicate with your friends, make more good friends.
-Read the books on your goodreads list.

absynth aura

• Fill me with your
« Reply #125 on: December 30, 2013, 03:21:59 AM »

That's one of mine as well!

Savannah

• Ich Bin Ein
« Reply #126 on: December 30, 2013, 12:38:59 PM »

Hope we can get it done :)

I'm trying to complete this list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Monde's_100_Books_of_the_Century. I guess it'll take a longer time than a tear.

absynth aura

• Fill me with your
« Reply #127 on: December 30, 2013, 03:52:43 PM »

Hope we can get it done :)

I'm trying to complete this list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Monde's_100_Books_of_the_Century. I guess it'll take a longer time than a tear.
haha maybe just a little longer

Astica

• Ghost
  • Purportedly decadent.
« Reply #128 on: January 06, 2014, 04:29:04 AM »

I had an absolute hell of a year, but somehow managed to come through in the end and get everything I wanted. A good job, a lovely home, new friends, paid off most of my credit card, tried circus classes (intend to go back eventually) became generally happier with myself and learned a lot about a lot of things.

I guess my goals for 2014 are to continue with what I have going now, do well within my job, pay off the rest of my credit card and start saving money, read more books and keep loving the world for what it is. Sounds cheesy as hell, but damn, it's how it is :P I'm glad to have spent a lot more time with friends this past year, and living in a much more social house had a lot to do with that. I would like to spend more time with my friends and keep making new ones :)

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #129 on: January 08, 2014, 07:12:51 PM »

I had an absolute hell of a year, but somehow managed to come through in the end and get everything I wanted. A good job, a lovely home, new friends, paid off most of my credit card, tried circus classes (intend to go back eventually) became generally happier with myself and learned a lot about a lot of things.

I guess my goals for 2014 are to continue with what I have going now, do well within my job, pay off the rest of my credit card and start saving money, read more books and keep loving the world for what it is. Sounds cheesy as hell, but damn, it's how it is :P I'm glad to have spent a lot more time with friends this past year, and living in a much more social house had a lot to do with that. I would like to spend more time with my friends and keep making new ones :)

O0

Savannah

• Ich Bin Ein
« Reply #130 on: February 07, 2014, 08:22:12 AM »

Check!  :D

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #131 on: February 07, 2014, 02:07:05 PM »

:occasion16: :occasion16: :D :D :D :occasion16: :occasion16:

absynth aura

• Fill me with your
« Reply #132 on: February 07, 2014, 04:54:04 PM »

Check!  :D

Wooooo!!!!!!!!

Miss Sahara

« Reply #133 on: February 23, 2014, 08:31:43 PM »

nooooooooonnnnne.

mwhahaha.

this worked really well for me. 2013 was completely awesome for me and brought some wonderful changes. i even managed to finally do some of the things from previous resolutions from the years before (maybe i should do 2 or 3 year resolutions...).
this time, i completely forgot there is such a thing as new years resolutions and thus have made none for 2014 either, but i hope it will be a good year anyway, letting me accomplish at least some cool things. (even though it'll hardly be possible to surpass 2013). january was aweful, though, so i now cross my fingers that it will get better.

Faloleen

« Reply #134 on: December 31, 2014, 06:35:35 AM »

One big fail for me:
- lose some weight (I know it's stupid and shallow but...) - didn't happen
- be nicer to everyone, especially to my parents - at least I tried
- graduate and go to Provence to celebrate - major fail!
- read more, especially new books - I read more but mostly fanfiction, hm
- allow my husband to buy a dog (I know he really wants it and I should stop freaking out about it and make him happy :) - never gonna happen!

New Year is coming, again, so how am I doing with my two years old resolutions?
- I graduated almost a year ago and found a job like a real grown up, yay!
- I read a decent portion of new books (and loads and loads of fanfiction)
- I bought a puppy for my husband two month ago and my husband is totally in love with the puppy and the puppy is supersweet
- I still study portuguese, it's hard but I see some progress :)

So, any new resolutions, lovely Boxers?
Fate is not a factor.

Astica

• Ghost
  • Purportedly decadent.
« Reply #135 on: January 01, 2015, 08:26:38 AM »

2014 might actually have been one of the worst years of my life, but I did well enough to get a Christmas bonus at work, paid off the rest of my credit card but then didn't save any money, read more books, loved the world, made some absolutely wonderful new friends and spent a lot of time being wonderfully social :) Also properly enrolled for three terms of circus classes which was amazing fun and I met some new lovely people there too and can't wait for classes to start up again at the end of this month.

For 2015, I want to keep doing circus, spending time with my lovely friends and saving money so I can move to Berlin at the end of the year. It will be really hard leaving everyone I love but I'm not really going anywhere here and I'm curious about the world outside.

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #136 on: January 01, 2015, 10:37:09 AM »

piano.

lentower

• len's web sight
« Reply #137 on: January 09, 2018, 06:24:07 PM »

none, as it has been for decades.

anyone else?
getting started:

further back:

Faloleen

« Reply #138 on: January 25, 2018, 02:27:22 PM »

None. I'm just learning not to have plans, expectations and to take things as they come.
Fate is not a factor.

lentower

• len's web sight
« Reply #139 on: August 31, 2018, 10:13:28 AM »

None. I'm just learning not to have plans, expectations and to take things as they come.

sounds almost Zen Buddhist!  ; - }
getting started:

further back:

Faloleen

« Reply #140 on: September 07, 2018, 03:27:37 PM »

It is also freaking difficult. :)
This forum is like old school letters - you send it and wait for weeks for the reply. It is very Jane Austen-y. :D
Fate is not a factor.

Miss Sahara

« Reply #141 on: September 16, 2018, 10:57:22 AM »

This forum is like old school letters - you send it and wait for weeks for the reply. It is very Jane Austen-y. :D

haha, that's the perfect way to look at it!

lentower

• len's web sight
« Reply #142 on: September 17, 2018, 11:44:09 AM »

agreed!  (though its not difficult,
 I just have to read a few posts back to get the context back.)

i still enjoy the postings here, even at the slow pace!
getting started:

further back:

Faloleen

« Reply #143 on: March 11, 2019, 03:26:12 PM »

Agreeing with you few months later. :)
Fate is not a factor.

lentower

• len's web sight
« Reply #144 on: March 12, 2019, 10:35:08 AM »

I also still enjoy hanging out here,  even at our slow posting rate.
getting started:

further back:

Faloleen

« Reply #145 on: March 26, 2019, 01:55:31 PM »

I also still enjoy hanging out here,  even at our slow posting rate.

Me too. It is slow and calm, no pressure, I just check it when I feel like it and it is still here in its reassuring presence.
Fate is not a factor.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10 [All]   Go Up