THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

One of the most important things you will ever do (as a fan of AFP, at least): Sign up for THE MAILING LIST!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 10  All   Go Down

Author Topic: New Year's resolutions?  (Read 22325 times)

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
Re: 2012 resolutions?
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2012, 12:14:33 PM »

Glitter
Floss
Salad
Yoga
Books

sounds like a band name.  :D

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2012, 12:30:00 PM »

Mine is somewhat similar to Indja's.

Because I'm awesome ;) I liked your list, especially "Cry more". Crying is good for you, when done in a cathartic and honestly emotional way rather than a self-pitying sort of way.

Yoga seems popular. I tried it a while ago, just the first lot (sun salutations?) and realised how hopelessly unfit and weak. It's really rather sad. How easy is it to do on your own? I can't afford a class and I don't really want the embarrassment of having to work out in front of people.

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2012, 12:54:22 PM »

Because I'm awesome ;) I liked your list, especially "Cry more". Crying is good for you, when done in a cathartic and honestly emotional way rather than a self-pitying sort of way.

Yoga seems popular. I tried it a while ago, just the first lot (sun salutations?) and realised how hopelessly unfit and weak. It's really rather sad. How easy is it to do on your own? I can't afford a class and I don't really want the embarrassment of having to work out in front of people.
There are VIDEOS....    O0

I got one from NetFlix, and it's been sitting on the counter taunting me for two weeks...   :-\
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2012, 01:03:30 PM »

Hmm. Shall consider.

The Angel Raliel

• ...looked the other way when a third of them fell
  • ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2012, 01:42:56 PM »

I am going to love and create....
One should always be a little improbable.

@raliel

RiverVox

• I'm a believer.
  • Goodbye to blueberry pie
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2012, 02:35:11 PM »

Glitter
Floss
Salad
Yoga
Books

sounds like a band name.  :D

Ha! It does indeed. I might change the last word to BLOG. I read a lot, but don't write enough. My idea though is that reading is a very healthy thing that I do for myself that I don't want to stop.
Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten. ~ Neil Gaiman

RiverVox

• I'm a believer.
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2012, 02:45:34 PM »

I love that glitter is on the top of your list.

The List
  • Get driver's license once and for all (or at least get to a G2 - this is where I can drive on my own, the G is where I've completed the license)
  • Get better grades (I ended last semester with a borderline fail GPA, but then I calculated my percentage average and it was a 78% so I don't know)
  • Write more music (scores, songs, arrangements, etc)
  • Love more.
  • Get back into shape and get back down to the weight I was at before working at a fast food restaurant.
  • Save money now that I have no job
  • Find somewhere to play my music outside of the house (I wanted to set up a show in the summer but it never happened)
  • Cry more
  • Get back into yoga
  • Stay healthy
  • Forgive more

There's more. But... this shall do for now.

I like your list! External requirements, health, fitness, emotional balance & creativity. All good things.

I decided I would let my glam monster out of the closet this year. I'm a conservative dresser in general but I've found that a few of sequins here and there really livens up my spirits. I like to dress up a bit for shows (a thread somewhere on Shadowbox) but it hasn't bled over into my "normal" life. Until NOW!
Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten. ~ Neil Gaiman

lentower

• if you see me at a show (or elsewhere), please come over & say hi
  • this is a real photo of me. thanks sheri hausey!
    • len's web sight
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2012, 09:24:51 PM »

There are VIDEOS....    O0

I got one from NetFlix, and it's been sitting on the counter taunting me for two weeks...   :-\

For yoga beginners,
I suggest Peggy Cappy's videos.
Or any that have the word "Gentle" in their titles.
getting started:
BOX-RULES (please read...

further back:
Our forum before this one...

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2012, 10:50:38 PM »

There are VIDEOS....    O0

I got one from NetFlix, and it's been sitting on the counter taunting me for two weeks...   :-\

For yoga beginners,
I've got "Basic Yoga Workout For Dummies"...
This beginners' program, hosted by yoga professional Sara Ivanhoe, offers practical techniques
that put the power of yoga at your fingertips.  This non-intimidating program explains yoga in
an easy-to-understand language.

Rated NR         1 hr.  10 min.      2001
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

guuurrrrrllltakeiteasy

• We accept the love we think we deserve
  • je veux ton coq
    • Mein YouTube
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2012, 02:04:40 AM »

There are VIDEOS....    O0

I got one from NetFlix, and it's been sitting on the counter taunting me for two weeks...   :-\

For yoga beginners,
I've got "Basic Yoga Workout For Dummies"...
This beginners' program, hosted by yoga professional Sara Ivanhoe, offers practical techniques
that put the power of yoga at your fingertips.  This non-intimidating program explains yoga in
an easy-to-understand language.

Rated NR         1 hr.  10 min.      2001

I know of this video!

Hey you know what? I cried today! I cried to one of my favourite scenes from the film, The Color Purple. The scene where Nettie and Celie are torn apart from each other.

As for yoga? I do it at home watching videos because classes are expensive and far away. But there are so many sexy men that attend yoga these days! And a class or two doesn't hurt, because with a class the instructor can show you, as well as help position you, into the correct pose without injuring yourself. My voice teacher is also a yoga teacher and she told me this. Small things that we do wrong in a pose can greatly affect our bodies.

Anywho.
Quote from: garbanzo bean
Sean, mahal kita <3

Fo' shizzle, ma Bizzle.

cuntnugget

Astica

• Ghost
  • Purportedly decadent.
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2012, 06:51:34 AM »

I am going to love and create....
Yes. I will certainly be aiming to do a lot of both of these things. I'm doing film honours and surrounding myself with people I like, so this shall certainly be doable. I also want to meet lots of new people.

I decided I would let my glam monster out of the closet this year. I'm a conservative dresser in general but I've found that a few of sequins here and there really livens up my spirits. I like to dress up a bit for shows (a thread somewhere on Shadowbox) but it hasn't bled over into my "normal" life. Until NOW!
From Tentacles and Teacups:
"DO NOT BE AFRAID.
Worried about what your friends will think of your wet look green tights? FUCK THEM. You look like a badass frog- SO WHAT? Think your date won’t appreciate the combat boot/short dress combination? FUCK THEM. Your legs look FANTASTIC. If it makes you happy, that’s what freaking matters. People are staring? It’s because you look HOT, dahliink >;D"
Quote from: Indja
I mean really, my sins are my own - i don't wnat some cunt to swoop in and wipe the slate clean. it is my fucking slate. fuck offf.

Quote from: N.U.
Tricorns are fuckbanana awesome.

RiverVox

• I'm a believer.
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2012, 12:31:05 PM »

From Tentacles and Teacups:
"DO NOT BE AFRAID.
Worried about what your friends will think of your wet look green tights? FUCK THEM. You look like a badass frog- SO WHAT? Think your date won’t appreciate the combat boot/short dress combination? FUCK THEM. Your legs look FANTASTIC. If it makes you happy, that’s what freaking matters. People are staring? It’s because you look HOT, dahliink >;D"

Wonderful. I should write this on my mirror!  O0

Miss Sahara

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2012, 06:16:15 PM »

lets see

*be healthier
*finish BA degree (although i hate it and can't get myself motivated/think of quitting, even though i have only 4 (four!!) weeks left)
*find boy- or girlfriend who can move in with me so I don't have to pay the rent all by myself
*sing more and get better at it
*become rockstar
*die on december 21st

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2012, 06:19:53 PM »

^Don't you dare die ;) The others are crackers though. No point giving up on your BA so late in the game. My step-cousin just dropped out in the middle of his first semester of second year, so almost exactly halfway through. Total waste of time and money, can't believe he didn't just suck it up until the end.

When you're a rockstar, will you remember the little people? xD

Miss Sahara

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2012, 06:40:13 PM »

yes, I will be that new kind of rockstar that is always way too grateful and grounded to be actually cool, while also a tad crazy to compensate.  :brave:

and i knooooow it makes no sense to give up now, but i don't feel that the certificate will prove anything (I have learned a lot in the past years, so not a complete waste of time and money...) and i also don't want to continue so i technically won't need it. gah.

also, i thought crackers were salty biscuits.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 10  All   Go Up