THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda is making Art with your support on Patreon. Join become a patron and help AFP make ALL THE THINGS.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10  All   Go Down

Author Topic: New Year's resolutions?  (Read 23364 times)

Miss Sahara

Re: 2012 resolutions?
« Reply #75 on: February 01, 2012, 06:18:52 PM »

:)

Astica

• Ghost
  • Purportedly decadent.
« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2012, 09:39:41 AM »

Haha, I should try to bake less.

I'm also going to work harder at Uni (I'll have to, my undergraduate average would make for third class honours :S )

I really want to get back into drumming, as well, but I'm not sure whether that's quite a resolution yet...
1. Ha! Fail.
2. Succeeded, I guess. I got a 2:1, since I did pretty well in three papers and really badly in the fourth.
3. Can't afford to be a drummer, and don't have the space, but I miss it.

How did you guys do?
Quote from: Indja
I mean really, my sins are my own - i don't wnat some cunt to swoop in and wipe the slate clean. it is my fucking slate. fuck offf.

Quote from: N.U.
Tricorns are fuckbanana awesome.

Savannah

• Ich Bin Ein
  • Accidentally on purpose
« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2012, 09:55:37 AM »

I will sooo buy myself a car, even if i get deep in debt, even if they distrain my ass off.

I've sooo done it  :D
Quote from: Amanda Palmer
I mean, we're losers with bandwidth. #LOFNOTC

facebook is like the worst book I've ever read. the characters do not evolve one bit and the plot is going nowhere.

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #78 on: December 03, 2012, 10:35:30 AM »

I'm going to bake more.

:glasses9:

lots more, as it turned out.  :)

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #79 on: December 03, 2012, 02:09:39 PM »

My list is a little long, and fairly varied, but here y'all are:

• Do better at school, as always. The idea that even when I'm pulling out all the stops, I still can't get a first is fucking annoying me. I'm sure this isn't as clever as I can be.
  • Make friends with more people who Seamy doesn't know. I need more friends xD
  • Read more comics. They're awesome, don't know why I don't do them more.
  • Save some money, and go on holiday abroad without my family. I have a passport, and friends in Europe - no reason why I shouldn't be completely capable of this. It's my own fear, laziness and procrastination that's putting it off, and that is not acceptable.
  • I'd like to get strong. I don't mind the size or shape that I am, but I'd like to be stronger. Not like a muscle woman, but just have something to me that isn't essentially dough xD
  • Introduce Seamy to my family. Face to face! He's a top fella and I want them to know that :D
  • I want to play at least once in public in Belfast. Just one open-mic night. Like the travelling one, there's nothing in the way but my own self and my contradictions, and I'm getting a bit sick of being a complete tit.
  • Write something. A story, not an essay xD Don't care how long it is or how good it is, but I want to write a complete story instead of having them rattling round in my head all the time.

OK, so I did better at school - still not stellar, but better than my first semester last year, which was an enormous ball of suck. I didn't get fit, broke up with Seamus so all the him-related ones went down the pan, I've not played in Belfast and I didn't go on holiday. Guh.

However, I have read more comics. So that's... good? Not especially productive though. And I haven't finished writing anything, but I have started Graceland which is cracking on marvelously, so that's nice.

Captain Oblivious

• Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!
    • The NCC! I am a mod there =]
« Reply #80 on: December 03, 2012, 03:04:07 PM »

I really thought I posted mine here but apparently not. I don't really know what I did this year. I passed third year and started fourth year. I kept my job and made them realise I'm damn good at it. I kept my boyfriend so that's awesome. I was almost completely independent but not quite.
Quote from: Reptile
Congratulations, you tiny badass!

Quote from: ~Miranda~
Everything you said looks like real words to me.

Great minds think alike but fools seldom differ

Miss Sahara

« Reply #81 on: December 03, 2012, 05:08:32 PM »

one month in.
*i've become a little healthier already (except for the chocolate/sweets overdose thing)
*i've finished all my BA courses. will start writing BA thesis now. (please cross fingers)
*i have NOT found a boy or girlfriend, which means someone else will have to move in w/me next week. FAIL!!!
*i have been singing a lot which is good, and will start band rehearsals soon  8)
*the dying part is not scheduled yet.

lets see

*be healthier
*finish BA degree (although i hate it and can't get myself motivated/think of quitting, even though i have only 4 (four!!) weeks left)
*find boy- or girlfriend who can move in with me so I don't have to pay the rent all by myself
*sing more and get better at it
*become rockstar
*die on december 21st

i did so well in january...and then i completely fucked it up.

(+) i'm only a tiny bit healthier.
- didn't make the deadlines for my BA programme, which was pretty bad, because it ended. i'm in a slightly different programme now and will only finish in february (only if all goes well. and the best thing is i still don't like it!)...but ahhh whatever... next year.
- i still haven't found a boy or girlfriend. another girl moved in with me. she'll stay until february, so...next year.
+ i'm taking up singing lessons in december, and i joined a chorus, so this probably counts.
- i'm not a rockstar yet. this is scheduled for after my graduation, so next year.
- i probably won't even die on dec21st because the maya never really said the world would end there, but that the world would stay the same for a lot more years.

hmm....you bring the smokes i'll bring the beer?

RiverVox

• I'm a believer.
  • Goodbye to blueberry pie
« Reply #82 on: December 04, 2012, 03:47:54 PM »

Glad to see people checking in! 26 days left to make some changes. As for me:

Glitter: Achieved! I started letting my personal style shine through a bit more. Had a great time dressing up for & attending GTO shows. Here I am with Miss Hayley Fiasco:

Please note the sequin tank top.

Floss - Epic fail and my dentist was mean to me. Need to find a new person & VALIUM supplier.

Salad - Not enough, but I held the line. Must switch to soup in the cold months

Yoga - Meh. Lack of time and commitment and some injuries derailed my plans. Oh Rodney Yee, I've been unfaithful.

Books/Blog - YES! Read some great books, attended author events, said hello to authors like wossname here:

and blogged on Live Journal with some regularity.

Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten. ~ Neil Gaiman

N.U.

• Initials... OF DOOM!
« Reply #83 on: December 04, 2012, 04:02:43 PM »

I totally won. I made no resolutions and, thusly, have broken none of them.

buttercup.

• the girl you have in that merry green land...
  • ...can wait forever for you to come home.
« Reply #84 on: December 04, 2012, 04:46:24 PM »

I haven't really ever made a resolution. I think I decided to lose weight since I had already lost some, and that happened. So yay that.

Miss Sahara

« Reply #85 on: December 04, 2012, 04:51:35 PM »

seeing as it turned out really bad for me, i think i'll follow your example and make my 2013 resolution to not make a resolution.

Captain Oblivious

• Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!
    • The NCC! I am a mod there =]
« Reply #86 on: December 04, 2012, 05:32:44 PM »

seeing as it turned out really bad for me, i think i'll follow your example and make my 2013 resolution to not make a resolution.

And then break it.
Quote from: Reptile
Congratulations, you tiny badass!

Quote from: ~Miranda~
Everything you said looks like real words to me.

Great minds think alike but fools seldom differ

Miss Sahara

« Reply #87 on: December 04, 2012, 05:36:01 PM »

And then break it.
i'm doomed  ;D

sangrebloom

• I'm working toward something, I don't know what...
« Reply #88 on: December 04, 2012, 05:58:59 PM »

I didn't make any resolutions last year, I just wished I'd be happy.  I was at least 90% successful as I'm prone to be a bit sad.
I had to google pegging.

"I'm generally confused - I can't hear you over my obnoxious wealth"

Indja Points:40

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
Re: New Year's resolutions?
« Reply #89 on: December 28, 2012, 07:38:08 PM »

Didn't feel like wasting bandwidth on a 2013-exclusive resolution thread, so I just changed the name of this one.

8)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10  All   Go Up