THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda is making Art with your support on Patreon. Join become a patron and help AFP make ALL THE THINGS.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10  All   Go Down

Author Topic: New Year's resolutions?  (Read 23934 times)

absynth aura

• Fill me with your
Re: New Year's resolutions?
« Reply #90 on: December 28, 2012, 09:41:05 PM »

I'm sticking with the ones I failed at last year,

get fit, save money.
Oh, and to stick with my studies. I re-enrolled for the course I was going to start halfway through last year but didn't for various reasons. So this time I'm going to stick to it.
^I'm pretty sure if I'm turning into a horse to fuck a stranger off the internet, vodka will play its part...

Lighting cigarettes with you

Rose

« Reply #91 on: December 28, 2012, 11:12:32 PM »

I never make new year's resolutions. They seem like an excuse for people to try to do something, fail, and then be angry with themselves.

If I was going to make one, I would resolve to keep on growing as I've been growing and moving forwards. Which is rather vague. 'cause being specific with myself would be stupid (because then I would probably break it).

Astica

• Ghost
  • Purportedly decadent.
« Reply #92 on: December 29, 2012, 12:39:58 AM »

I never make new year's resolutions. They seem like an excuse for people to try to do something, fail, and then be angry with themselves.
Or an excuse to motivate oneself or do things you might not otherwise?

Mine are fairly simple this year.
-Pay off credit card.
-Save some money for Europe.
-Improve sewing skills.
-Learn new skills of some kind.
-Make new friends.
Quote from: Indja
I mean really, my sins are my own - i don't wnat some cunt to swoop in and wipe the slate clean. it is my fucking slate. fuck offf.

Quote from: N.U.
Tricorns are fuckbanana awesome.

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #93 on: December 29, 2012, 01:48:33 AM »

-Pay off credit card.
-Improve sewing skills.
-Make new friends.
Resolved not to get pissy when my online friends want to visit OTHER continents
and make NEW friends....  probably stupid actual-in-person friends.....  whatevs.   >:(

:D
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

Savannah

• Ich Bin Ein
  • Accidentally on purpose
« Reply #94 on: December 29, 2012, 01:52:40 AM »

My resolution for new year is to stop hiding in the bushes outside his window. Lol  ;D Just kidding, but i'll really stop stalking my ex on facebook. I have to get over. I've always had this stupid hope that we might get back together, but he doesn't seem like thinking about it, so it doesn't seem like happening.

2012 has been a good year for me, lots of dreams and plans have been realized :) For 2013 i really don't want anything material or financial, i just want to fall in love and remain healthy :)
Quote from: Amanda Palmer
I mean, we're losers with bandwidth. #LOFNOTC

facebook is like the worst book I've ever read. the characters do not evolve one bit and the plot is going nowhere.

Astica

• Ghost
  • Purportedly decadent.
« Reply #95 on: December 29, 2012, 01:55:55 AM »

-Pay off credit card.
-Improve sewing skills.
-Make new friends.
Resolved not to get pissy when my online friends want to visit OTHER continents
and make NEW friends....  probably stupid actual-in-person friends.....  whatevs.   >:(

:D
;D I want to keep my current friends, too! Also, Europe because there are more countries there to visit, and they're mostly older and more foreign to me, which makes them more exciting :P
Quote from: Indja
I mean really, my sins are my own - i don't wnat some cunt to swoop in and wipe the slate clean. it is my fucking slate. fuck offf.

Quote from: N.U.
Tricorns are fuckbanana awesome.

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #96 on: December 29, 2012, 11:29:52 AM »

Oooh, I love New Year's resolutions. I like leaving them somewhere and not looking at them until December - a little like this year and this thread, actually. I suppose mine will be:

-Finish 'Graceland'
-Get to the end of the year on better terms with my father than I started with
-Finish at least 5 new books that aren't anything to do with God. I know 5 sounds like hardly any, but honestly finishing books is reeeaaally hard for me. I have the attention span of a gnat.
-Um, graduate? That'd be pretty sweet xD I'd like 2:1. Can't do shit all with a 2:2. So I suppose tied in with that is "beast my exams and essays for all my modules next semester, and blow my dissy out the water".
-It'd be kind of nice to sleep with someone who isn't a) a one-night stand or b) Seamus. That'd be kind of cool.

Rose

« Reply #97 on: December 29, 2012, 06:02:02 PM »

-Pay off credit card.
-Improve sewing skills.
-Make new friends.
Haha, I guess I am a bit negative. But the majority of people I know who make resolutions don't follow them, and then they beat themselves up when they don't follow them. It's a lovely cycle of unadmitted masochism. It gets frustrating.
And I know if I made the standard resolution of losing weight, or making more friends, or anything concrete I wouldn't follow it or do it. But I'm just going to have a good year again - 2012 was a wonderful year for me, compared to my past years, and I'm going to do that without doing anything concrete so I don't drag myself down by possible failure.
Most of my friends are like me - if they fail at something (and they very well might, they're like me in the procrastination and lack of motivation department as well), then it messes them up emotionally. So I think it's silly to make resolutions.

Still, if someone has the motivation and energy and werewithal to follow them, I imagine they can be a good thing.

Cirque

• will emerge from the cocoon as a
« Reply #98 on: December 29, 2012, 06:41:21 PM »

Become even more fabulous.
Like that's possible

guuurrrrrllltakeiteasy

• We accept the love we think we deserve
  • je veux ton coq
    • Mein YouTube
« Reply #99 on: December 29, 2012, 10:29:18 PM »

I'm sticking with what I did last year. I actually stuck with it, I started eating cleaner, and I exercise a lot more than ever. But I'm thinking of just going vegan and really working out now that I have a workout buddy (and lover).

I'm also going to save my monies, and help change the world, and meet new people and write more music. Probably some other stuff too but I can't think of any. Oh yeah, learn Spanish.
Quote from: garbanzo bean
Sean, mahal kita <3

Fo' shizzle, ma Bizzle.

cuntnugget

Faloleen

« Reply #100 on: December 30, 2012, 05:43:36 AM »

I love New Year's resolutions. When I make them I truly believe next year will be different and I will do everything right and this hope is lovely.
So:
- lose some weight (I know it's stupid and shallow but...)
- be nicer to everyone, especially to my parents
- graduate and go to Provence to celebrate
- read more, especially new books
- allow my husband to buy a dog (I know he really wants it and I should stop freaking out about it and make him happy :)
- study German harder.
Fate is not a factor.

Annebelle.

• Trampeltier
  • How 'bout a nice and warm Cake Sex Riot?
« Reply #101 on: December 30, 2012, 06:29:36 AM »

I usually don't do New Year's resolutions. I've never felt the need to do anything differently. But this coming year, I'm supposed to start "grown up life", getting a job and stuff. A few changes are ahead of me anyway, so maybe I should prepare myself for a whole new life. I'm going to make some resolutions and leave them on my computer dashboard, so I'll be confronted with them, daily.

My resolutions:

- Be more structured and disciplined. I should start planning important stuff and do it right away, instead of procrastinating everything to the very last moment.
- Do my very best for my teaching work experience. Put a lot of effort in the lesson plans and examples, preferably more than is expected of me. I do not only want to teach the students how to do stuff, I also want to teach myself.
- Stop being nervous when I have to talk to a group of people. Those high school kids will eat me alive if I don't.
- Have breakfast before 10am every day, except for Sundays.
- Eat more vegetables and drink less sodas. Get in shape a bit more.
- Clean up after myself, instead of just leaving things out.
- Draw more. So I can actually get better at it.
- Read more.
- Get a job, earn money, save money, ...
- Get my driver's licence.
- Have a bit more fun, go out a little more, be young while I still am. Say yes to people's offers a bit more.

That should be enough, really...
Quote from: Niels
"if he tells me no I'll do your mum until she hits the floor, eventually I know she's doomed to come right back and ask for more"

Savannah

• Ich Bin Ein
  • Accidentally on purpose
« Reply #102 on: December 30, 2012, 06:58:02 AM »

I usually don't do New Year's resolutions. I've never felt the need to do anything differently. But this coming year, I'm supposed to start "grown up life", getting a job and stuff. A few changes are ahead of me anyway, so maybe I should prepare myself for a whole new life. I'm going to make some resolutions and leave them on my computer dashboard, so I'll be confronted with them, daily.

My resolutions:

- Be more structured and disciplined. I should start planning important stuff and do it right away, instead of procrastinating everything to the very last moment.
- Do my very best for my teaching work experience. Put a lot of effort in the lesson plans and examples, preferably more than is expected of me. I do not only want to teach the students how to do stuff, I also want to teach myself.
- Stop being nervous when I have to talk to a group of people. Those high school kids will eat me alive if I don't.
- Have breakfast before 10am every day, except for Sundays.
- Eat more vegetables and drink less sodas. Get in shape a bit more.
- Clean up after myself, instead of just leaving things out.
- Draw more. So I can actually get better at it.
- Read more.
- Get a job, earn money, save money, ...
- Get my driver's licence.
- Have a bit more fun, go out a little more, be young while I still am. Say yes to people's offers a bit more.

That should be enough, really...

That's one thing you should keep in mind after you step into the grown up life. People usually get so obsessed with their ambitions and careers that they forget how to smile and have fun.

It's sad that most of the things have to change once you graduate and start working. You don't have as much spare time as you used to have, you have to bear bigger responsibilities, etc. But if you know how to draw the line between the serious work and entertaining activities, you will have time for lots of things. Besides you'll get to earn your own money and do whatever you want to do with it  :)
I mean, we're losers with bandwidth. #LOFNOTC

facebook is like the worst book I've ever read. the characters do not evolve one bit and the plot is going nowhere.

NikosGr

• Hidalgo
« Reply #103 on: December 30, 2012, 08:20:44 AM »

i wish i could follow that advice more:
just keep saying yes. you're going to die anyway.

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #104 on: December 30, 2012, 09:02:47 AM »

I'm sticking with what I did last year. I actually stuck with it, I started eating cleaner, and I exercise a lot more than ever. But I'm thinking of just going vegan and really working out now that I have a workout buddy (and lover).

I'm also going to save my monies, and help change the world, and meet new people and write more music. Probably some other stuff too but I can't think of any. Oh yeah, learn Spanish.

:occasion14:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10  All   Go Up