THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Like" Amanda? Be sure to Zuckerberg-that-shit, and show her on Facebook... (The Dolls' Facebook is HERE)

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18  All   Go Down

Author Topic: No, Virginia: May 20th  (Read 47400 times)

~Louise~

• ...just little old me...
    • Myspace
Re: No, Virginia: May 20th
« Reply #225 on: May 26, 2008, 06:34:11 AM »

i think i should've gotten a small.. oops. i could always use it as a pajama shirt but i want to wear it out :[

you should take to them with a sewing machine and take the sides in a bit
~sczond~ on the old box

delilah in love

• livejournal
« Reply #226 on: May 26, 2008, 04:09:06 PM »

i think i should've gotten a small.. oops. i could always use it as a pajama shirt but i want to wear it out :[

you should take to them with a sewing machine and take the sides in a bit
yeah, i'll try to get that fixed as well as cutting some of the fabric from the sleeves and bottom.. the length for me is like wearing a really short dress.

heartstringz

• killed Amanda Palmer
  • Long Live Punk Cabaret!
« Reply #227 on: May 26, 2008, 08:24:11 PM »

Well, I can't really say much on this topic yet as I still haven't got my cd! :(  They mailed it nine days ago, and I guess Australia is a fair way away from the USA.  Loving the songs I've heard though - I especially love the pace of Ultima, it's actually not what I expected, but it think it really works in that song.  Go the new version of Night R - I think it's better than the old one that I heard.
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
- Martin Luther King

~*johanna*~

« Reply #228 on: May 27, 2008, 12:00:24 AM »

It's really nice to have a great quality studio version of Sorry Bunch.  It's weird though, when the lyrics are different from the way I learned them and I keep singing it wrong. 

Boston is such an oddball on the CD, though.  It feels like a HUGE change of pace from the rest of the album, which I've been listening to on repeat.  I love it though.  It's so sharp.  I cried when I heard it once in Providence.  The song is so much about a lover not being there for her and they played it after Half-Jack with an amazing improv intro, where Brian had totally showed off how badass he is.  But when they played Boston, he pulled back; he wasn't showing off, but rather just playing the percussion for Amanda's song, for Amanda's moment.  And I thought "He's doing exactly what she needs him to be doing."  And it was such a beautifully loving and respectful relationship that she found in Brian, while she sang the pain of not having that.  It broke my heart in such significant ways.  It changed the way I behave in my own relationships.  Listening to it on the CD reminds me of that.

I totally agree, that was really lovely of you to say. *tear*
"I am a fully rounded human being. With a degree from the University of Life, a diploma from the School of Hard Knocks and three gold stars from the Kindgarten of Getting the Shit Kicked Out of Me." -Edmund Blackadder

bec

« Reply #229 on: May 27, 2008, 02:34:47 AM »

Well, I can't really say much on this topic yet as I still haven't got my cd! :(  They mailed it nine days ago, and I guess Australia is a fair way away from the USA.  Loving the songs I've heard though - I especially love the pace of Ultima, it's actually not what I expected, but it think it really works in that song.  Go the new version of Night R - I think it's better than the old one that I heard.

did you pre-order from Newbury Comics?

i'm still waiting, too.

Pope Totalfrog

• AKA Arse Fez von Titty Biscuit
  • Queen of the wild (suburban) frontier.
    • twitter
« Reply #230 on: May 27, 2008, 03:00:56 AM »

i'm still waiting, too.

me too!!
Wow. Froggie's like a superhero...
Trick question: No matter how they're prepared, and how hungry you may be, tarantulas are NOT food

doritojoe89

• wishes he wasn't a
    • my space
« Reply #231 on: May 27, 2008, 12:18:12 PM »

i'm still waiting, too.

me too!!

me three....
mommy, i want to be a merch girl...

DONATE TO THE BELLY BOOK FUND HERE: http://rebellyon.chipin.com/rbellyon-book-funding  ALL DONATIONS ACCEPTED. $17.00 GETS YOU A COPY OF THE BOOK!!

Merk

« Reply #232 on: May 27, 2008, 02:41:52 PM »

Aaahhh i got mine  and the t-shirt today :]

Score!

~Louise~

• ...just little old me...
    • Myspace
« Reply #233 on: May 28, 2008, 09:22:47 AM »

so glad i went out a bought mine instead of ordering
~sczond~ on the old box

Merk

« Reply #234 on: May 28, 2008, 11:36:01 AM »

Was worth the wait (:

music box

• http://icemyeyes.deviantart.com/
« Reply #235 on: May 28, 2008, 01:29:28 PM »

i got mine signed last night.

Merk

« Reply #236 on: May 28, 2008, 02:31:35 PM »

Jealous much :/ ?

i want mine signed but their not comming to Scotland =[
but they are comming to England.

heartstringz

• killed Amanda Palmer
  • Long Live Punk Cabaret!
« Reply #237 on: May 28, 2008, 08:37:04 PM »

i'm still waiting, too.

Ok, well I'm glad it's not just me (yes I did preorder from Newbury Comics).  I was thinking that it got nicked-off with by the posties or something, but that seems unlikely if there's a heap of other people who haven't got theirs either.  Good to know.

To be honest I got sick of waiting and went and listened to it anyway.  I love it!  I especially like this version of The Gardener, for some reason I found it really sad and I wasn't in the best mood when I listen to it and it almost made me cry.  It is nice to have a studio-recorded version of Pretty in Pink - I enjoyed it and I although i have heard it before (it was a bad quality recording) this one was much better.  At first listen I wasn't a huge fan of Dear Jenny, but I think it is one that I will like after a few more listens.
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
- Martin Luther King

music box

• http://icemyeyes.deviantart.com/
« Reply #238 on: May 28, 2008, 09:16:35 PM »

"the gardener" is incredible live.

doritojoe89

• wishes he wasn't a
    • my space
« Reply #239 on: May 28, 2008, 10:40:54 PM »

i got mine today!!!!!!!!
mommy, i want to be a merch girl...

DONATE TO THE BELLY BOOK FUND HERE: http://rebellyon.chipin.com/rbellyon-book-funding  ALL DONATIONS ACCEPTED. $17.00 GETS YOU A COPY OF THE BOOK!!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18  All   Go Up