THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Want some free music? Most of AFP's discography (as well as The Dolls, side-projects, and more) is available for free+donation on Bandcamp

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Amanda is NOT OK with fan assaults.  (Read 11628 times)

lentower

• if you see me at a show (or elsewhere), please come over & say hi
  • this is a real photo of me. thanks sheri hausey!
    • len's web sight
Re: Amanda is NOT OK with fan assaults.
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2012, 05:39:40 AM »

The mentor had a Doctor in Divinity.

He defines selfishness as acting in one's self-interest.
And that some people feel that their lives are improved
when they help others.
getting started:
BOX-RULES (please read...

further back:
Our forum before this one...

The Angel Raliel

• ...looked the other way when a third of them fell
  • ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2012, 05:47:57 AM »

ah sefishness is indeed acting in one own interest..but it is is specifically acting PURELY in one's own interest......most behaviour is to do with with making life easier for oneself.....however empathy and forethought allow us to plan or modify behaviour in such a way as to benefit others too or provide a better general outcome in the future....why do i give spare change to some tramps and not others? I gain nothing from this....and it certainly has nothing to do with my feelings other than the empathy i feel for the person i give the money to.....
One should always be a little improbable.

@raliel

lentower

• len's web sight
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2012, 01:49:09 PM »

You gain something from the act, or you wouldn't do it.

And small acts like this, make society a better place to be.
Which is in my interest.
getting started:

further back:

The Angel Raliel

• ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2012, 01:51:12 PM »

i actually do not gain anything directly from the act......it does not make me feel better or worse or comfort my soul....I just see someone in genuine need that i know i can help in a small way.....

@raliel

Morpheus Laughing

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2012, 02:01:47 PM »

^ Subconscious preferences  ;D

The unbearable heaviness of pocket change...

The Angel Raliel

• ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2012, 02:21:52 PM »

oooooooh you are eeeevil........actually waistcoat pockets are slightly better for a bit of loose change.......

@raliel

lentower

• len's web sight
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2012, 02:44:50 PM »

^ agree about ^^
getting started:

further back:

Miss Sahara

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2012, 05:09:04 PM »

i actually do not gain anything directly from the act......it does not make me feel better or worse or comfort my soul....I just see someone in genuine need that i know i can help in a small way.....

And because by doing that you perpetuate the idea of reciprocity = you hope that if you were ever to be in a position like that/needed help, others would help you out, too.

Rob

• Now I must go, Sean Hannity is on.
  • Harmless
    • My Yahoo!
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2012, 11:17:52 PM »

Exactly, Len. nonibet: And Amanda wasn't "cool" with it in any way/shape/form…
She handled it like a pro, but that doesn't mean she was happy about what went down or in any way endorses any behavior like that…

BTW, after the webcast, I thought about that very same blog……………
Here are links for those who aren't familiar:
Old Dolls' blog: http://dresdendollsdiary.blogspot.com/2008/01/us-tour-finale.html
Cross-posted on MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/afp/blog/347996482

See...that confuses me.  In April of 2009 the morning after her Coachella performance the subject of her crowd surfing came up.  Amanda mentioned something about all the groping that occured, especially in the crotchal region. 

I told her how skeeved out I was by some creeper who was all excited about grabbing a good handfull of her undercarriage.

She told me and Larissa that it was just skin and pretty much no big deal and that if that gave someone their jollies, they where more or less pretty pervy but hey, whatever, it's all good.  That's a pretty lose paraphrase but the point remains.

So, I'm left to wonder...has she changed her mind on the subject a few times, or was she just trying to be a trooper in front of Larissa and me too.

Either way, I never have been and never will be ok with such assaults and will be appaulled by it every time regardless of the reaction of the assaulted.
Everybody dies
Frustrated and sad
And that is beautiful

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2012, 11:20:57 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/fklOGFA5FN8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/fklOGFA5FN8</a>

8)

VipersGratitude

• The "fuck you" me
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2012, 11:24:51 PM »

I know I'm going to take flak for this, but personally I think Amanda had it coming...

When you foster that kind of atmosphere at gigs full of people too young and/or drunk to know better then you'll just have to accept the fact that some people will mistakenly think that Punk Cabaret is freedom to give her a hickey.

I'm not saying it's ok. I'm not saying you should underline the fact that it overstepped a boundary after the fact. What I am saying is that if you excite a bunch of puppies one of them will eventually try to dry hump your leg.

And with regards to the incident from 2008...Anyone going back and reading that - know that there was a reason she just couldn't be mad at that particular fan. That fan had just gone through something unspeakably awful in her life, and got Way Too Drunk in letting off some ridiculously high-pressure steam that night. Again, doesn't excuse grabbing any AFP T&A, but don't judge that particular fan too harshly...
var meaningOfLife:int = 13.37*Math.PI;

if( meaningOfLife != 42 ) LifeManager.dispatchEvent(new LifeEvent(LifeEvent.END));

Pope Totalfrog

• AKA Arse Fez von Titty Biscuit
  • Queen of the wild (suburban) frontier.
    • twitter
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2012, 11:48:04 PM »

I know I'm going to take flak for this, but personally I think Amanda had it coming...

When you foster that kind of atmosphere at gigs full of people too young and/or drunk to know better then you'll just have to accept the fact that some people will mistakenly think that Punk Cabaret is freedom to give her a hickey.
So what you are saying is that she was asking for it? Really?

I disagree with you. Strongly.

In the interests of not saying something nasty I am going to leave it there.
Wow. Froggie's like a superhero...
Trick question: No matter how they're prepared, and how hungry you may be, tarantulas are NOT food

lentower

• len's web sight
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2012, 11:52:57 PM »

And with regards to the incident from 2008...Anyone going back and reading that - know that there was a reason she just couldn't be mad at that particular fan. That fan had just gone through something unspeakably awful in her life, and got Way Too Drunk in letting off some ridiculously high-pressure steam that night. Again, doesn't excuse grabbing any AFP T&A, but don't judge that particular fan too harshly...

That fan has become a friend, and still has scars from what happened to them back then.
But this doesn't excuse what the fan did.  And the fan realized it when the fan sobered up.
getting started:

further back:

VipersGratitude

• The "fuck you" me
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2012, 12:12:00 AM »

Oh ffs, don't twist my words. This isn't a yes i wore a slinky red thing does that mean i should spread kinda thing...

If you prance around stage extolling the virtues of love, performance art and self expression to a group of people proactively filling their heads up with fluids to impair their judgement so they can laugh over the anecdotes they don't even remember the next day - then it's a statistical inevitability that shit like this will sometimes happen.

Like I said, it's not OK...but it was bound to happen sooner or later.

That fan has become a friend, and still has scars from what happened to them back then.
But this doesn't excuse what the fan did.  And the fan realized it when the fan sobered up.

What ever happened to she-who-seemingly-must-not-be-named? Give her my facebook, next time you see her - would you, Len?

Again, I'm not excusing the actions of people who overstep the boundaries - I'm just saying that its an occupational hazard...Just like if you make a living out of giving rides to drunk people; then you had better deal with the fact that every so often someone's going to puke in the back of your cab - Not cool, but they were probably too drunk to stop themselves.
var meaningOfLife:int = 13.37*Math.PI;

if( meaningOfLife != 42 ) LifeManager.dispatchEvent(new LifeEvent(LifeEvent.END));

MelKilledAFP

• girl anachronism.
    • Us People Are Just Poems
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2012, 12:28:11 AM »

Oh ffs, don't twist my words. This isn't a yes i wore a slinky red thing does that mean i should spread kinda thing...

If you prance around stage extolling the virtues of love, performance art and self expression to a group of people proactively filling their heads up with fluids to impair their judgement so they can laugh over the anecdotes they don't even remember the next day - then it's a statistical inevitability that shit like this will sometimes happen.

Like I said, it's not OK...but it was bound to happen sooner or later.

What ever happened to she-who-seemingly-must-not-be-named? Give her my facebook, next time you see her - would you, Len?

Again, I'm not excusing the actions of people who overstep the boundaries - I'm just saying that its an occupational hazard...Just like if you make a living out of giving rides to drunk people; then you had better deal with the fact that every so often someone's going to puke in the back of your cab - Not cool, but they were probably too drunk to stop themselves.

but it shouldn't be expected.. no violation of one's boundaries, no matter what they were doing, should.  so yes, you kind of are saying she asked for it..
I would trade my mind for a windmill
for a boat made of notebook paper not covered by words
(From Windmill.. an unfinished poem by me)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Up