THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda's got a blog. If blogs could talk, it'd ask you to read it. It might even say "please."

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 82   Go Down

Author Topic: weird dreams  (Read 136838 times)

justinfire

• MySpace
Re: weird dreams
« Reply #135 on: December 14, 2008, 02:52:02 PM »

i had another post-apocalyptic dream. i was kickass with a pistol, and me and my little group of friends were responsible for food-gathering.
and for some reason Billie Joe Armstrong was there, in our little gatherer group. we were buds, even shared a room, i guess.
weird.
Considering our luck, we'll get busted by the cops
Instead of sex, we'll go to jail
Another lesson learned and failed

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #136 on: December 15, 2008, 01:07:31 AM »

i had another post-apocalyptic dream. i was kickass with a pistol, and me and my little group of friends were responsible for food-gathering.
and for some reason Billie Joe Armstrong was there, in our little gatherer group. we were buds, even shared a room, i guess.
...and it was a damn shame when you had to shoot him and throw him into the stew-pot?
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #137 on: December 15, 2008, 12:07:47 PM »

...and it was a damn shame when you had to shoot him and throw him into the stew-pot?

Don't start, granddad. We're Nineties kids - Billie Joe Armstrong is like a demi-god. A very diminutive demi-god.

SomewhatDamaged

• The greatest thing to have come out of East London since the plague
  • The devils of truth steal the souls of the free
« Reply #138 on: December 15, 2008, 12:32:19 PM »

Don't start, granddad. We're Nineties kids - Billie Joe Armstrong is like a demi-god. A very diminutive demi-god.

Basket Case ^
Im an alltogether different being, I got black wings of fire & eyes of true seeing

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #139 on: December 15, 2008, 12:48:48 PM »

I have nothing against Green Day...  In fact, I rather like what I've heard of their material.
(I've been told their pre-Dookie stuff is best, but haven't made the effort to track it down.)

I was rather going for the proper continuation of a "weird dream"...
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #140 on: December 15, 2008, 04:04:15 PM »

Basket Case ^

True, true... And Cee, I forgive you! If only for the loveclumsy way you explained yourself ^.^

And I had a weird dream last night. I was walking across this like glass walkway and fell over and fell onto my dog who was like 500 times bigger than real life and she tried to nibble my nose (no-one knows why she does this, but she does) only cos she was so big she just ended up eating my head.

Tomatoes and Radiowire

• The Angel Islington
    • this is my band and I'm the pimp...
« Reply #141 on: December 16, 2008, 03:38:59 PM »

great so if you were alive in the 90s you have to like sum41 too?
fuuuuuucckkkk

justinfire

• MySpace
« Reply #142 on: December 16, 2008, 06:59:37 PM »

i like  sum, too...
Billie Joe is often a subject in my dreams...
and, yes, he is a god. rather than a crucifix above my bed, i pray to a poster of him every night instead.  :)

yosmark

• The Powa. The Powa.
« Reply #143 on: December 16, 2008, 09:11:10 PM »

great so if you were alive in the 90s you have to like sum41 too?
fuuuuuucckkkk

Sum 41 only has one good song & it´s name is "World War VII Part I & II" besides that all of their songs are crap, trust me I have their records.

Tomatoes and Radiowire

• The Angel Islington
« Reply #144 on: December 16, 2008, 10:01:16 PM »

It's funny how you guys took that as me saying something positive about them..
I have friends that listen to pop punk.
but I like autolux

Golly Mina!

• Coughs and sneezes Spread diseases
  • 死んだ滞在だけ17永久に
« Reply #145 on: December 24, 2008, 04:41:49 AM »

I had this dream that I went to Indie Ninja's place and I met her family. Apparently she had about 6 brothers and sisters, and her dad was really funny
suck my sunrise, bitchbrain.

Happiness is the longing for repetition.

Tomatoes and Radiowire

• The Angel Islington
« Reply #146 on: December 24, 2008, 04:56:25 AM »

I dreamed I lived in UK and was into everything dark and death oriented and had animated gif.s of kungfu flicks in my sig

justinfire

• MySpace
« Reply #147 on: December 25, 2008, 06:14:33 AM »

i had a dream i saved my friend from a giant dog.
he somehow lost his voice because of the shock, and had to play charades for like a week.
odd.

Tomatoes and Radiowire

• The Angel Islington
« Reply #148 on: December 25, 2008, 06:29:59 AM »

i had a dream i saved my friend from a giant dog.
he somehow lost his voice because of the shock, and had to play charades for like a week.
odd.

that's funny I had a similar dream only there were three giant dog/wolf mutants that walked upright... and one had a hokey mask on... and I could only harm them with quarters I shot with a rubber band sling...

She

• The original Gender Speculative Female
  • I'll geek out on you so hard your Vcard will die.
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #149 on: December 27, 2008, 02:47:30 PM »

Dream NUMBAH ONE
(female perspective)
The burning ember of the sun clings to the horizon as the earth spins beneath your feet.  You feel the pulse of the trees before and around you and the pulse of the men beyond them.  Your woad covered barbarians break like water against the burnished unnatural gleam of the Roman invasion.  Their blood mingles with the blood of the ravaged countryside.  Your troops are falling, but you and the others of your kind are above such trivial matters as living and dying.  Every heartbeat of the globe brings another life and birth.  The dying sun warms the sticky surface of your skin as the sky fades to purple.  The dying cries of your men and the groaning of the trees finally reach you as being too strong.  Too much death, life must be encouraged.  Wriggling your bare toes in the rich loam of the Celtic Islands, you draw the blood of the dead to you.  The dying scream in agony as their blood is ripped from their veins in your eagerness for birth and regrowth.  The Roman's advance does not halt, but you have never feared the strength of men.  You and your brothers and sisters along the line of forest press hands to the rough bark of ancient trees.  Blood slides up your sticky skin like the hands of a lover, a mother, a midwife.  The trees drink from your hands eagerly, the blood of your people nourishing them.  The trees sway and surge as though the earth beneath them were stretching.  The Romans falter as the ground beneath them shivers.  The anticipation of the restoration to balance between life and death, civilization and wilderness, excites your body in ways that no human companionship could ever near.  Your mind travels with the thoughts of the trees, their urge for growth and restoring their endless stretches.  And then your mom opens the door and wakes you up.

Dream NUMBAH TWO
(male perspective)
You'd been hanging out with various other powerful players in the game, kings, knights, sorceresses, priests.  They were going to go do something exciting, but just a few moments ago you'd heard that there was a farmstead nearby.  You could see it falling away across the fields below, tilled to perfection.  And livestock, sheep and cattle and pigs.  A lovely big house too.  With a predatory grin at your friends and a genial wave good-bye, you abandon your human form and leap into the sky, a black scaled menace with acid breath and thick bone horns curving forward along your face.  The farmer is terrified of fire, but you're not breathing anything but the usual sickening fog; your breath reeking of rotting vegetation and decay, acidic undertones of your withheld venom.  The cattle below with fear and run from you, your delightful version of butterflies dancing.  The sheep are next, and with a snap at the impotent farmer brandishing a firearm, you dive to stroke their fluffy marshmallow backs- And your mom opens the door and wakes you up.

Dream NUMBAN THREE
(She's perspective)
The blasted tourists are coming, you've got the red dragon here helping you (human form for indoors) and where that brass dragon is, you'll never know.  He arrives, you get his fearsome "Dark Lord" Costume out only to find it's not black as ordered, but looks like a circus clown's.  Everyone's in human form because all the nonhuman roles are set up and ready to go outside.  Your spellcasting is just about spent and this is the last straw and you tearfully ask for a pick-me-up kiss from the brass dragon, who's a friend of yours.  He gives you one, complete with starbursts in your head and even with a complementary hug and would have broken your spine had it not turned to jelly already.  After a few moments, you're able to properly color his outfit and make him look properly imposing.  The rest of the day goes by in a happy blur that continually circles back to that wonderful moment where your batteries got recharged.  Your the happiest evil enchantress of the tours.

The first dream makes sense if you think of it with Celtic Druids in mind, the second if you play D&D and the third if you've played D&D and read Dark Lord of Derkholm.

Yes, they're all wonderful dreams I've had.
In reference to me...
Quote from: .cadenza.
only a singer's imagination would envision the world as one big musical.

I PLAY D&D
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 82   Go Up