THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AFP's not camera shy and her YouTube and Vimeo channels are chock-full of eye candy to prove it. Content's added to both all the time, so be sure to subscribe!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 82   Go Down

Author Topic: weird dreams  (Read 124616 times)

zolaaa

Re: weird dreams
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2008, 11:57:18 AM »

Last night I had a dream that a friend of mine was going to hang her self on American Idol, because she found out that Max, from The L Word is a transman. She made this weird, huge ceremony thingy, and in the middle of it, a girl in a chicken suit came out of the crowd and started playing basket ball with Snoop Dog. (it was part of the ceremony) :o It was very strange...

Goodbye-Umbrella

« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2008, 04:53:07 AM »

Last night I had a dream that a friend of mine was going to hang her self on American Idol, because she found out that Max, from The L Word is a transman. She made this weird, huge ceremony thingy, and in the middle of it, a girl in a chicken suit came out of the crowd and started playing basket ball with Snoop Dog. (it was part of the ceremony) :o It was very strange...

my analysis- your in love with your mother! Freud says so!

zolaaa

« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2008, 07:47:10 PM »

my analysis- your in love with your mother! Freud says so!

I...I don't get it... :dontknow:

85283-071

• tangentrification on a stick
  • M?ust We? Thro?b
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2008, 09:32:58 PM »

Punctuation nazi!
...a little concerned about your sensibilities.

Goodbye-Umbrella

« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2008, 03:44:21 AM »

Ecstasia

« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2008, 11:08:02 PM »

I had a dream a few years back that my brother committed suicide.  Rather than having a traditional wake, we decided to have a picnic with picnic games (volleyball, badminton) and a barbecue. While in the midst of our half-hearted game of volleyball (we were mourning, of course), my brother's ghost decided to show up.  My grandma, who is an absolute game Nazi, forced him to play.  He joined us and the dream ended.

As someone said before, all dreams are weird, so I don't know if this one could be considered exceptionally weird, but I have a recurring dream every couple of months.  Everytime the dream starts, I wake up on the day of my wedding.  Everyone is making preparations and forcing me to get ready, do my hair, etc.  The only thing is that I have absolutely no recollection of ever even dating someone.  So each time, I'm frantically grilling my grandma and mom, who think I'm joking, saying stuff like, "Honest to God, I haven't even dated anyone.  Who is it?  What's his name?"  In one dream I actually looked the kid up on myspace and wasn't entirely disappointed.  In the last one, my mom told me he was an immigrant and kept mentioning getting his green card.  I asked her what nationality he was and she gave an answer that only would have made sense in a dream: "Half buffalo, half over-heated."  I always wake up before that actual ceremony but I feel that anxiety for the rest of the day.
Death was just another phase and maybe a better one. You wondered if we knew each other before.  You asked me who I thought I was before.  I said maybe a fish because I love water and you said, you thought a mermaid, maybe.  If you were a mermaid, you said, if you were a mermaid, I was the sea.

Shakti

• Poster girl for some suburban sickness
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2008, 09:47:26 AM »

So, we have these banana-oatmeal-chocolate chip muffins we make pretty often, because my kids love bananas, but we don't always eat them in time, and they love chocolate chip muffins, but the ones from the grocery store are pretty much cupcakes.  We made some last weekend.  I am in that period where I've received a verbal offer of a new job, but not the written yet, so I've not resigned from my current job.  This is stressing me out (mostly in a "I'm so excited but I can't DO anything with the energy yet" sort of way) and I haven't been sleeping well, which is mostly relevant because I don't normally remember my dreams.

Twice this week I have dreamed that a little old neighbor lady (two -- a different one in each dream) has wandered into our house, helped herself to our muffins, then come back a day or so later complaining that they made her sick or weren't good for her.  And the implication wasn't that they were universally bad, or bad for my children.  Just that they were bad for little old ladies.  Who they weren't made for and who basically stole the muffins to begin with.

WTFF?
My own private highway from the cradle to the grave; I save a bundle skipping middle age and Saturdays.

colordeaf

• New! Chicken of the Galaxy Dolphin Nuggets
    • Gallery of Questionable Taste
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2008, 02:39:19 PM »

I had a freaky dream where Bjork was on a talkshow and talking about miscarriages and how she wants a huuuuge family. And then the usual stuff with arranged marriages that's usually associated with the Middle East.
Dude...  I'm getting high just from being in the same room with you...

Golly Mina!

• Coughs and sneezes Spread diseases
  • 死んだ滞在だけ17永久に
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2008, 03:11:01 PM »

I had this dream last night in which I was the only spectator at a circus, and I was very enthusiastic and was desperately clapping and jumping up and down to make the performers feel good about themselves. Then somehow a porcupine appeared and I wanted to take pictures of it, but the flash scared it away.
suck my sunrise, bitchbrain.

Happiness is the longing for repetition.

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2008, 03:24:12 PM »

I had one this morning where I woke up and my sisters had ripped all my pictures off the walls and smashed half my CDs and scratched the other half and I was too polite to complain.

Of course, if they pulled that shit in real life, I would tear them apart.

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2008, 08:41:38 PM »

Ummm....  nearly as I can remember it...

I was home (but it was in a different house, although a similar neighborhood), and the dog
kept scratching at the door, but when I opened it, instead of my fat goofy Dat Dog, there
were two huge scary German Shepherds, or maybe wolves, and they rushed past me into
the house.  Then it turned out that my ex-girlfriend (about whom I think/talk far more than
I probably should) was there, and she was still not happy with me, but she apparently was
in the "I'm mad, but at least I'm talking  to you" stage...  (As this marks a vast improvement
from the actual current situation, I consider this a good dream)...

The sequence with the scratching/open-door/dogs-rush-in happened three or four times...

Come to think of it the young lady in question loves GSDs, so that may be part of it....  dunno.
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2008, 01:51:28 PM »

That's actually one of my absolute nightmares. I HA-A-A-ATE German Shepherds!

I had a kinda long stint of weird dreams last night, cos I kept waking up in between them and falling asleep right after.

First, Richard & Judy were talking about Sean Connery's new film, and how ace it was. Cut to me sat on top of a hill with Sean Connery. We were chatting, and then he turned into my dad - this didn't bother me, I quite like my dad. Then it turned out that me and Da were going on a sort of pilgrimage thing, walking miles and miles, and he had like proper boots and one of those massive tall rucksacks with the sleeping bag on top. I had a suitcase and my old Kickers on, but I was so happy to be on holiday with just my dad, I didn't notice how massively uncomfortable I was! After a while of walking and chatting, Da turned into my ex boyfriend and we were at school, walking down this corridor. We walked past this total moose of a teacher, I blew a spitball at her, and this metal claw came out of the back of her head and ripped my ex's face off. It was completely terrifying.

After that, I had a dream where Captain DJ, Honk and Tonk from Space Pirates were at my house, and Honk, Tonk and me all locked the Captain out in the rain, and then when we let him in, I needed the loo. In the bathroom, there was like a ton of toothbrushes, and three toilets, one of them not installed yet. It was balanced on the bath. I used one, and then saw that on the other one there was a notice saying, "Warning, this toilet flushes upwards - not suitable for use with tickly bits". Well cracked me up. Then when I was washing my hands, I saw there were 7 toothbrushes in the holder - not counting the massive pile in the corner of the room - but 4 of them were sort of hidden. I realised that 3 of them were the Captain's, Honk's and Tonk's, and the other four were STRANGERS!!!! It wasn't my house, it was a pirate ship. I was scared again.

THEN!!!! I had a dream where I was sat at home reading a book about lap-dancing (there were diagrams XD) and my brother - who's been at uni for months and MONTHS so I haven't seen him in ages - came in, replaced my book with a copy of Fear & Loathing In Las Vegas, kissed me on the top of the head and left. It was quite sweet.

Then I had to get up and walk the fucking dogs. I was not impressed.

colordeaf

• New! Chicken of the Galaxy Dolphin Nuggets
    • Gallery of Questionable Taste
« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2008, 09:20:35 PM »

I had one this morning where I woke up and my sisters had ripped all my pictures off the walls and smashed half my CDs and scratched the other half and I was too polite to complain.

Of course, if they pulled that shit in real life, I would tear them apart.

I hope my father doesn't pull any of that imaginary destruction crap on me. But he has killed a kitten in one of my dreams D:

Last night I had a dream about my mom getting angry because she saw a rug with swastikas on it (although in real life she wouldn't have a clue) and ordering me to get rid of it. I said I could just cut off the offending parts...then I ate the rug like a pan of lasagna.

Then there was the wrestling with an alien warlord inside a vending machine (Tsavong Lah of the New Jedi Order books) for an arm with a grappling hook on it.
Dude...  I'm getting high just from being in the same room with you...

murmur

Wyatttttttt
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2008, 10:15:47 AM »

I totally had a dream about mister numbers. I had a dream I was at his bar in upstate NY and then he accidentally hit a button and all of a sudden you heard a count down. Everyone panicked because it was a bomb and left the bar. All Wyatt said was damn that was dumb and slowly walked out of the place. A few moments later it exploded and police and what not were everywhere. Then a TV reporter came up and asked him about it and all I remember was him saying "Well its too bad I had this place through the gelatin era"

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
weird dreams
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2008, 01:43:05 PM »

the gelatin era

sounds like a band name.

jdfu!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 82   Go Up