THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AFP's not camera shy and her YouTube and Vimeo channels are chock-full of eye candy to prove it. Content's added to both all the time, so be sure to subscribe!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Countdown to PA primary  (Read 16333 times)

Musings

Re: Countdown to PA primary
« Reply #90 on: May 16, 2008, 02:32:29 PM »

This makes me a little sad:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/05/16/edwards-flatly-rules-out-running-with-obama/

I would have really liked a Obama/Edwards ticket, although Edwards is a bit too left to get more moderate voters for Obama.
www.upstreamofconsciousness.blogspot.com

"Just dance, gonna be OK, just dance." - Lady Gaga, inspired by Rainer Maria Rilke

85283-071

• tangentrification on a stick
  • M?ust We? Thro?b
« Reply #91 on: May 16, 2008, 08:40:41 PM »

The endorsement can't hurt though.
...a little concerned about your sensibilities.

Musings

« Reply #92 on: June 03, 2008, 07:05:23 PM »

Tonight, Obama will get the 9 remaining delegates he needs to become the Democratic candidate.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Now, the question remains as to his V.P..

A few months ago I would have said a Obama/Clinton ticket would have been golden.  Now, I'm not so sure.  My dad said that she (and Bill) could be a more controlling vice president than Dick Cheney.  But there's no question that it might help Obama win and bring Clinton and Obama supporters into the same room, if still not liking each other.

"Just dance, gonna be OK, just dance." - Lady Gaga, inspired by Rainer Maria Rilke

lanskyy

« Reply #93 on: June 03, 2008, 07:17:08 PM »

That someone as beautiful as Regina Spektor looked like that as a child should give hope to millions of ugly kids.

$ethie

• Fo' five dollahs, I'll suck yo
« Reply #94 on: June 03, 2008, 09:27:47 PM »

Tonight, Obama will get the 9 remaining delegates he needs to become the Democratic candidate.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

A few months ago I would have said a Obama/Clinton ticket would have been golden.  Now, I'm not so sure.  My dad said that she (and Bill) could be a more controlling vice president than Dick Cheney.  But there's no question that it might help Obama win and bring Clinton and Obama supporters into the same room, if still not liking each other.

His V.P. doesn't matter. The next president will be McCain, and I'd be more than willing to stake my life on that. Hillary didn't have much of a chance anyway, but with obama as the front runner, we're all screwed.
Quote from: .cadenza.
I DREAMT ABOUT HAVING A PENIS. I HAD FANTASIES OF STROKING MY PENIS. AS I DIE, I IMAGINE MYSELF BEING SLICED OPEN WITH A...~ACKBLOODDEATH~

Musings

« Reply #95 on: June 03, 2008, 09:28:29 PM »

Yeah, if every Dem is like you, that's true, it will be.

Musings

« Reply #96 on: June 03, 2008, 09:43:19 PM »

By the way, the implication is that every Dem is not like you.

Some of us believe that there is something here worth fighting for and we will do so right up until the end.

I'm not just going to lay down, roll my eyes heavenward, and wait patiently for McCain to become the next president.  It is not a predetermined fact.  Obama got people who had never voted in a primary before and maybe never planned to to come and vote for him.  Those people will vote again.  Clinton supporters need to forget their differences and move on.  It's simple: they lost a nomination that was theirs to lose at the beginning.  Now, they need to do what's best for the country, not what helps their own hurt feelings.

Kovacs

« Reply #97 on: June 03, 2008, 11:12:19 PM »

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

His V.P. doesn't matter. The next president will be McCain, and I'd be more than willing to stake my life on that. Hillary didn't have much of a chance anyway, but with obama as the front runner, we're all screwed.

Are you serious? Have you been paying attention at all to how much the country is pissed with Republicans, especially Bush politics? Long standing Republican held positions are going democrat. Historically, anytime the economy goes in the crapper, the country ousts the encumbant.

The Dems would have to try to screw this up, seriously. I'd bet your life elsewhere.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7]  All   Go Up