THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Want some free music? Most of AFP's discography (as well as The Dolls, side-projects, and more) is available for free+donation on Bandcamp

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Polygamist compound raid  (Read 1761 times)

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
Polygamist compound raid
« on: April 27, 2008, 07:37:16 PM »

Well, I'm sure you've seen (at least if you're in the US) innumerable stories over the last couple of weeks about the Eldorado compound in Texas. This offshoot of the Mormon church - they've been excommunicated by the official LDS, btw - has been kickin' it 19th-Century style with a twist. Awarding preteen brides to church elders, kicking out the young guys, sucking up food stamps like '70s disco fans sucked up cocaine...the Amish must be kicking themselves.

Your thoughts?

jdfu!

Musings

Re: Polygamist compound raid
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 10:23:50 AM »

h hugo, did you know that it was probably a fake caller who began the raid?  (Like, the person who called has been charged before with making false police reports)

Not that I don't think that the raid shouldn't have happened, as there were probably all sorts of human rights violations going on but I smell government conspiracy...

The interviews by members are very Twilight-Zoney.
www.upstreamofconsciousness.blogspot.com

"Just dance, gonna be OK, just dance." - Lady Gaga, inspired by Rainer Maria Rilke

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 01:52:06 AM »

h hugo, did you know that it was probably a fake caller who began the raid?  (Like, the person who called has been charged before with making false police reports)

Not that I don't think that the raid shouldn't have happened, as there were probably all sorts of human rights violations going on but I smell government conspiracy...

The interviews by members are very Twilight-Zoney.

Yeah, I heard about the idiot in Colorado.

Looks like, out of the 50 or so teenage girls in custody, over 30 are or had been pregnant. Someone's looking at some form of rape charge.

jdfu!

malcontent

• Taste the wealth of hate in me
    • Myspace
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 09:17:44 AM »

Looks like, out of the 50 or so teenage girls in custody, over 30 are or had been pregnant. Someone's looking at some form of rape charge.

jdfu!

This is EXACTLY why I hate the idea of Mormon polygamy. It's not always consenting adults... they are ruinging children's lives.

"maybe if my heart stops beating it won't hurt this much..."
Pages: [1]   Go Up