THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AFP's not camera shy and her YouTube and Vimeo channels are chock-full of eye candy to prove it. Content's added to both all the time, so be sure to subscribe!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Death/heaven/hell/dirt...  (Read 19581 times)

CaffeinatedCassadie

• Faceboooook
Re: Death/heaven/hell/dirt...
« Reply #105 on: June 26, 2008, 12:34:39 PM »

I think you go back to whereever the hell you are before you are conceived. Idk, I really haven't given it much thought.
bitch please, my hate can't be contained in one thread.

Five

• Six!?
« Reply #106 on: July 24, 2008, 09:18:23 PM »

I don't believe in either. As much as I'd like to think bad people get tortured and good people go to paradise, I just can't.

85283-071

• tangentrification on a stick
  • M?ust We? Thro?b
« Reply #107 on: July 24, 2008, 09:20:56 PM »

I feel fortunate in having walked in the spirit world.
...a little concerned about your sensibilities.

Street Magic

• formerly pumpkinking0192
    • youtube account
« Reply #108 on: July 24, 2008, 10:09:28 PM »

This is gonna sound really really folksy and wiccan and all but I totally don't mean it that way (nothing against all you Wiccan box-ers).

I think when we die we sort of become part of the, for lack of a better term, "energy" of the world, where we, like, make flowers blossom and turn the sunsets all pretty and make people (and animals, and plants, and air molecules) fall in happy people and animal and plant and air molecule love. And then we are reborn as a little people or animal or plant or air molecule fetus and the cycle goes around again.

Unless you're a hateful person. And then you rot in the ground.

colordeaf

• New! Chicken of the Galaxy Dolphin Nuggets
    • Gallery of Questionable Taste
« Reply #109 on: July 24, 2008, 10:19:55 PM »

This is gonna sound really really folksy and wiccan and all but I totally don't mean it that way (nothing against all you Wiccan box-ers).

I think when we die we sort of become part of the, for lack of a better term, "energy" of the world, where we, like, make flowers blossom and turn the sunsets all pretty and make people (and animals, and plants, and air molecules) fall in happy people and animal and plant and air molecule love. And then we are reborn as a little people or animal or plant or air molecule fetus and the cycle goes around again.

Unless you're a hateful person. And then you rot in the ground.

I think this theory is very popular among certain authors. Phillip Pullman utilised it in the Amber Spyglass, and so did Kenneth Oppel in Firewing (it's likeApocalypto with various bat species), and Alex Shearer with the Great Blue Yonder.

It's certainly more "scientific", seeing as things decompose and get reabsorbed into the ecosystem. It makes more sense than reincarnation (why the population increase, then?) Now, to advocate biodegradable sporks.

Well, one of the crazier theories I have is that reincarnation does happen, but since energy is neither created or destroyed, "souls" can come from anywhere in the universe (I'm mostly non-religious with the exception of my hope of the existence of extraterrestrials), and that they can be split. In this way, a human who kicks it can become several geese or a community of worms. I don't believe in reincarnation as lesser creatures, because that's awful anthropocentric (and since other species are neither good or bad). When this energy accumulates in one place (say, planet Earth), life energy is no longer in another place. There's also phases of inanimation. Actually, this is just a romanticised version of what supposedly happens when energy gets shoved around.
Dude...  I'm getting high just from being in the same room with you...

Johnny

• Get your leather on
« Reply #110 on: August 03, 2008, 12:22:00 AM »

I think it's just a state of oblivion when you die.

or should i say lack of any "state" or consciousness.

But, The wiccan/nature beliefs make a lot of sense.

You live, you eat smaller animals and plants and live off the earth.
when you die, you become part of the earth again, feeding smaller animals, nourishing soil, allowing plantlife
and in turn those animals/plants are eaten by other people and when they die the cycle continues.

i guess i'm just basically summarizing the cycle of life. . . but whatevs.
I don't have low self esteem. I just have low esteem for everyone else.

85283-071

• M?ust We? Thro?b
« Reply #111 on: August 03, 2008, 12:29:28 AM »

I think it's just a state of oblivion when you die.

Why?

Twice Belladonna

• I cut off my hair and went to sleep.
« Reply #112 on: August 23, 2008, 09:08:59 PM »

something will.
i don't know what.
it's not going to be like going to sleep and not dreaming, or blacking out.
i don't know why.
i just hope i come back as a butterfly. or a cat. or a mermaid.

preferpencil

• if sharks didn't have rows of teeth, then what?
« Reply #113 on: September 25, 2008, 03:06:16 PM »

Hell is right here on earth, happening on the news and when people have to eat out of garbage cans.

BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU. It's true.

Ghosts. No. Never proven. Ever. Hoaxes galore. But fun reading and at the movies...

Death. Extremely difficult to take when you're an agnostic--atheist like me and your relatives have chosen a coffin. For instance, I looked (with much difficulty) at my Grandmother in that nasty box, and you could tell that her mouth had twisted at the last breath. Horrible for me personally. Although. I think it's usually "lights out" when death actually occurs. No. Sometimes not. But the struggle is...not as hard as life's decisions when you think about it long enough.

I could be an idiot about that.

heaven. no clouds. no meeting your relatives...unless it's microscopic. but. but. but. I've been going through a crisis about religion in general, and all my opinions are because I am a curmudgeon. I was born that way...

Dirt. You have to blow/pick your nose after it flies up there. Otherwise, I like dirt.

I haven't seen a single bee this previous summer. I am terrified, but I have duct tape.
"But it's never too late for the poetry of regret."--lee upton

85283-071

• M?ust We? Thro?b
« Reply #114 on: September 25, 2008, 09:21:48 PM »

I think I want to will my body to necrophiliacs.

Haushinka

• finally fell in love with THE WORLD.
  • SHOVE IT SHOVE IT SHOVE IT.
« Reply #115 on: September 25, 2008, 09:28:19 PM »

I'm going to live forever so this shit don't bother me.

I can't think deeply enough to begin to understand what I may or may not believe. I am not religious but Buddhism and Animism come closest to my thoughts on death.
Yoshiki Vázquez Baeza.
Future husband.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8]  All   Go Up