THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

One of the most important things you will ever do (as a fan of AFP, at least): Sign up for THE MAILING LIST!

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Alt  (Read 9276 times)

Kovacs

Re: Alt
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2008, 08:42:23 PM »

You'd have to come up with a scenario where it is preferable to lubricate a hotdog before eating it.

Why...why am I typing this?

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2008, 02:55:44 AM »

cheeze wiz is the lube. it being all up in mah mouf, iz teh anzsur. OMNOMNOMNOM.

Devery

• Tunnel-Visioneer
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2008, 03:03:05 PM »

I thought Radarmantra was an alt.  His writing style seemed a lot like Wyatt's, so I thought it was Wyatt.  The subject matter seemed like it was up his alley, and was something he would like to explore as an alt.  There were the "I will, on occasion, when I feel like it, go to the store" (I kid, I kid) type of sentence structure, rather than the more direct "I will go to the store when I feel like it".  Plus, it seemed like the posts were otherwise intentionally poorly written to throw us off the track.  Thinking Radar an alt, I had no intention of posting in his threads.  But, I was curious, so I googled the name and discovered that he is indeed legit, and posts much the same  on other forums.  He does seem to have some sort of complex about mortals, though.  Perhaps therapy might help.
"The world is going to hell in a hand-basket, but it sure is nice up here on the hill."   A. Kujawa

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2008, 03:36:31 PM »

Maybe there are just a number of Numbers-es out in internet land, and they're ALL alt-ids... :o :o
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

85283-071

• tangentrification on a stick
  • M?ust We? Thro?b
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2008, 04:18:08 PM »

There were the "I will, on occasion, when I feel like it, go to the store" (I kid, I kid) type of sentence structure, rather than the more direct "I will go to the store when I feel like it".

There are a few different reasons but, in many cases, probably most, my unusual sentenc e structures stem from a faltering adherance to the rule regarding ending sentences with prepositions. I have actually been trying to force myself to break that rule. It feels like I am forcing myself to say things like "Yo homedog!" Of course, there are other motivations for comma placement. There are extremes on both sides of me. I wouldn't be surprised if a lost novel of James Joyce was discovered without any punctuation whatsoever. Likewise, should an essay of John Stuart Mill be found, in a dark attic, collecting dust with various artifact of simaler era, and the sentences were to run on and on, commas replacing other forms of thought transition at every tur, again, I would not be surprised.

I am not Radarmantra.
I am, most assuredly, not Radarmantra.

...a little concerned about your sensibilities.

85283-071

• M?ust We? Thro?b
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2008, 04:19:36 PM »

Oh... and I try to make the sentence structures of my alts simple. I drop capitalization. I drop a lot of punctuation, and I adopt popular grammatical errors.

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2008, 04:59:55 PM »

wow.

i have PMed Radar about whether or not he is an Alt, and well...he's not. he's just strange. and yeah, the strange grammar does sound like it's trying to throw you off, but i doubt a person trying to throw you off would constantly use words so obvious like lulz and moar.

i'm sorry, Radar. you probably have a gaggle of fankid pseudo-intellects thinking you're one of them. maybe i am one of those, but i'm not a pseudo-intellectual, much less even close to intellectual. i'm just smart about my dumb. once in a while.

when i'm feelin randy.

Molotovna

• Jammy Dodger
  • Don't shootshootshoot that thing at me!
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2008, 12:00:25 PM »

James Joyce is terribly depressing, but I like his work.

Just thought I'd throw that out there. [shrug]
Quote from: armyoflarry
Sweet!!! Ummm, I mean that fills my soul with Northern Darkness of Frostbitten Empires and stuff.

85283-071

• M?ust We? Thro?b
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2008, 01:15:55 PM »

There's no shortage of that in the arts.

dangerpants

• I'd sell your heart to the junkman for a buck.
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2008, 11:10:50 AM »

James Joyce

That's my dad's name.
Ferreal.
My grandma likes to brag to people that her daughter married a famous author.  :D

Besides that, the actual author was a really interesting guy... Unfortunately, because the last living blood relative of his is an asshole, it's very difficult to find biographies with completely accurate information. Stephen (I think his name is) Joyce refuses to allow anyone to look through James's stuff without promising first that they'll leave out the alcoholic part, because "he was a great man, and I never saw him drink. I will never allow anyone to slander him in that way." He also won't give permission to read James's books aloud or perform them in public as a play. Or at least he didn't three or four years ago...
Just wait til you're dead, Stephen... If anyone is even still interested, it'll all come out.
So in conclusion it wasn't all the sex you were having, it was his suspicion that you were a vagina elf drug dealer.

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2008, 06:57:00 PM »

nothin' on the radio when you're dead
nothin' on the TV show when you're dead

appropos of nothing...

jdfu!

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2008, 09:37:43 PM »

nothin' on the radio when you're dead
It gets worse...
Apparently there ain't no tits on the radio at all...   :'(
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up