THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

One of the most important things you will ever do (as a fan of AFP, at least): Sign up for THE MAILING LIST!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 34   Go Down

Author Topic: Favorite TV shows?  (Read 69418 times)

Matty

• Space Pirate King
    • Myspace
Favorite TV shows?
« on: May 06, 2008, 05:00:23 AM »

Come on admit it, youre all slaves to the screen. Oh, or is that just me?

Whatever. What are your favorite TV shows? Or alternativly, what shows make you want to pull your eyes out and burn them?

------------------
Possibly my favorite show is The Riches with Eddie Izzard and Minnie Driver. Admitedly, the only reason I started watching was for Eddie Izzard. But is is an awesome show. I'm currently mourning the end of Season 2. :'(

Other favs include-
Terminator:The Sarah Connor Chronicles
Family Guy
American Dad
Invader Zim
(I know I'm digging myself further and further into Hot Topic hell.)
South Park
The Grim adventures of Billy and Mandy
(k, I've left Hot Topic, now I'm just a child..I'm sure I like some shows that arent Cartoons)
Scrubs
My name is Earl
and countless anime...
The Shadowbox.
Being sutbly illegal since the birth of Amanda Palmer.

Zephyr

• Shadows stuffed with organs
Re: Favorite TV shows?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 06:22:29 AM »

alive:
Pushing Daisies
Weeds
Ugly Betty
Dead Like Me (sort of alive, they're making a movie)
Doctor Who
Torchwood

dead:
Will & Grace
Six Feet Under
Buffy (not that into it anymore, but I used to be a HUGE fan)

there's more, I just don't remember them because they're not on tv anymore.

Golly Mina!

• Coughs and sneezes Spread diseases
  • 死んだ滞在だけ17永久に
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 07:04:30 AM »

Family Guy
American Dad
South Park
Futurama
Grey's Anatomy :X
House MD
Friends
Sex and the City
That 70s Show
Cheers
Scrubs
The War At Home
The Nanny
and all the Cartoon Network oldies (What a Cartoon!, Johnny Bravo, Dexter's Lab,PPG, etc, etc)
suck my sunrise, bitchbrain.

Happiness is the longing for repetition.

Katherine May Williams

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 10:44:41 AM »

'Star Trek' repeats and new 'Doctor Who' (which I forget to watch every week and end up watching online.)

I don't really watch TV on TV anymore.. it's all TV-on-DVD or TV-on-the-internet.

I probably only turn on the TV once every few days now.. and basically all I do is flick through the channels, get angry and all the shit and adverts, turn it off and go back online.

I have always been intolerant of ad-breaks.. now I just can't be fucked with them at all. Television just seems so.. crap.. compared to the other options now.

Uh, faves? I used to be a diehard 'Buffy' fan but that era has very much past.. I still have 'My So Called Life' on DVD. And 'Star Trek' and 'Twin Peaks'. And British comedy (that I never watched on TV.. only got into via borrowed DVDs and/or the internet) 'Spaced', 'Black Books'...

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 12:46:12 PM »

I think I may be un-American...  I like a bunch of TV shows, but if I miss them (which happens a lot),
I barely notice.

The only ones I make the effort to be sure I don't miss:
MYTHBUSTERS!  (I don't get pay-TV, so I have to get my brother to record it for me).
30 Rock (I only just started watching this, but I love it).

Others...
old Star Trek...  runs at 3AM weekends here.  I tape it, and see how far into the episode
I have to watch before I know which one it is.

CSI (The Vegas one is usually good, and the Miami version is just fun to laugh at.)

Dr. Who and Battlestar Galactica (on Sci-Fi, so I have to remember to get my brother
to tape them, and I sometimes forget.)

Chuck (please bring it back soon NBC...)

oh, and the Dead Like Me movie...  can't wait.

(...and there are all the not-broadcast anymore shows like Buffy...  Firefly... )
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

Molotovna

• Jammy Dodger
  • Don't shootshootshoot that thing at me!
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 12:46:48 PM »

I watch the Food Network non-stop throughout the day. I also enjoy Gilmore Girls re-runs, watching movies or documentaries on HBO, and Turner Classic Movies. And PBS. PBS is super good.
Quote from: armyoflarry
Sweet!!! Ummm, I mean that fills my soul with Northern Darkness of Frostbitten Empires and stuff.

SomewhatDamaged

• The greatest thing to have come out of East London since the plague
  • The devils of truth steal the souls of the free
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2008, 06:02:09 PM »

Family Guy
Brass Eye
Trigger Happy TV
Bo Selecta
Men Behaving Badly
Coupling
Game ON
The Office (UK version)
Fraiser
Im an alltogether different being, I got black wings of fire & eyes of true seeing

Pope Totalfrog

• AKA Arse Fez von Titty Biscuit
  • Queen of the wild (suburban) frontier.
    • twitter
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2008, 06:05:59 PM »

Doctor Who. Best show ever. Nothing will ever beat it.  Torchwood is OK but pales in comparison.

Also good - Astroboy, Peep Show, Mitchell and Webb, Little Britain, IT Crowd, The Mighty Boosh.
Wow. Froggie's like a superhero...
Trick question: No matter how they're prepared, and how hungry you may be, tarantulas are NOT food

Katherine May Williams

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2008, 06:26:11 PM »

Family Guy
Brass Eye

Yes and yes.

I have love for both Stewie and Chris Morris.

(I have my brothers to thank for exposing me to these two, left to my own devices I might never have seen either.)

Oh! 'Charlie Brooker's Screenwipe'. There's another that I like. I love his anger. I want to kiss him with tongues.

'Later With Jools Holland', 'University Challenge', 'QI', 'The South Bank Show', 'The Culture Show'.. uh, whatever that zoo show was earlier that I flicked past that had a baby lion on it. Cute.as.shit. Any David Attenborough nature documentaries and Michael Palin travel documentaries. I appreciate the goodness of all these.. while mostly not watching them.

Katherine May Williams

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2008, 06:31:36 PM »

old Star Trek...  runs at 3AM weekends here.  I tape it, and see how far into the episode
I have to watch before I know which one it is.

I have all of TOS on DVD now (and the original cast movies). I watch em like that. Get my Spock fix as and when I need it.

I noticed that a channel (I want to say Virgin?) is showing TNG episodes everyday at 8pm now. I'm endeavoring to remember this (as I have no TNG on DVD or tape.. and I still have a little thing for Wesley Crusher. Tell no one.)

Katherine May Williams

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2008, 06:35:40 PM »

Doctor Who. Best show ever. Nothing will ever beat it.  Torchwood is OK but pales in comparison.

True. But Tom Baker will always be the best doctor. Tennant's teeth simply cannot compete. And John Barrowman is lovely but Torchwood is awful.

Also good - The Mighty Boosh.

Ah I have this on DVD also. Again thanks to my brother. I like it, but I get the impression that it's probably a lot more fun to BE The Mighty Boosh than it is to watch The Mighty Boosh...

Pope Totalfrog

• AKA Arse Fez von Titty Biscuit
  • Queen of the wild (suburban) frontier.
    • twitter
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2008, 08:26:38 PM »

True. But Tom Baker will always be the best doctor. Tennant's teeth simply cannot compete. And John Barrowman is lovely but Torchwood is awful.

I agree with every single thing you just said. Are we related??  ;D
David Tennant is better than Christopher Ecclestone - but neither compare to the magnificence of Tom Baker. I love John Barrowman but Torchwood is indeed terrible and the creators of it must be punished severely. Preferably with something rusty and dull.

Ah I have this on DVD also. Again thanks to my brother. I like it, but I get the impression that it's probably a lot more fun to BE The Mighty Boosh than it is to watch The Mighty Boosh...
The Goodies always struck me the same way. For all you kiddies out there who have not heard of The Goodies go out and find them. They are rad.

I am also a fan of Star Trek. In fact if something is considered kinda geeky ie Mythbusters, Monty Python, Star Trek - Then I probably like it. But its ok - because my mum thinks I am cool  :coolsmiley:
Wow. Froggie's like a superhero...
Trick question: No matter how they're prepared, and how hungry you may be, tarantulas are NOT food

$ethie

• Fo' five dollahs, I'll suck yo
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2008, 08:35:48 PM »

Everything on [Adult Swim] except that fucking Tim and Eric show, and tom goes to the mayor. I fucking hate tim and eric. I will kill them someday.
House
Supernatural (the only show on TV that has cute guys fighting demons -- other networks could learn from this)
Bones
South Park

That's everything I watch.
Quote from: .cadenza.
I DREAMT ABOUT HAVING A PENIS. I HAD FANTASIES OF STROKING MY PENIS. AS I DIE, I IMAGINE MYSELF BEING SLICED OPEN WITH A...~ACKBLOODDEATH~

yosmark

• The Powa. The Powa.
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2008, 09:40:53 PM »

THE BIG BANG THEORY
THAT 70´S SHOW
MYTHBUSTERS

doritojoe89

• wishes he wasn't a
    • my space
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2008, 09:44:53 PM »

if it isn't on current tv then i don't watch much of it....
mommy, i want to be a merch girl...

DONATE TO THE BELLY BOOK FUND HERE: http://rebellyon.chipin.com/rbellyon-book-funding  ALL DONATIONS ACCEPTED. $17.00 GETS YOU A COPY OF THE BOOK!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 34   Go Up