THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Want some free music? Most of AFP's discography (as well as The Dolls, side-projects, and more) is available for free+donation on Bandcamp

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Campaign of Hate  (Read 26170 times)

Radarmantro

• Bastard of God
The Campaign of Hate
« on: May 07, 2008, 03:51:33 PM »

Hello mortals, here I come, yet again with another very interesting thread. The topic of this thread derives from one of my greatest prophets, Bill Hicks, and his concept of the Comedy of Hate. Here I would like you all to vent out your hate. This does not only concern something which you "strongly dislike". Now we talk about pure, rage-ridden hate. We all know that hate can be the source of much lulz, and since I am the bastardly Bastard of God, it would only be natural for me to promote such a funny concept. Here you can vent out your barely suppressed hate, which the influence of my late father would have you keep it down and unnoticed.

But as to not completely destroy the forum infrastructure, I'd like to request some tolerance, so that people don't get offended with everything uttered here. People don't necessary hate YOU (alright, in reality people DO hate you, but you need not know), only the concept. And do not use this thread as an excuse to flame other forum members needlessly. Do not get me wrong, I love a flamewar as much as anyone, but seeing this seems to be such a nice forum, it wouldn't do for it to break down.

I will let you start off, since I do not feel like hating anything as of this moment... ENJOY MORTALS!
"I think that Digimon and Pokemon should be introduced into the science curriculum regarding evolution in schools and universities... Is I am nots smart?"

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
Re: The Campaign of Hate
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 05:47:47 PM »

i hate bastards.

except for magnificent bastards.

Cheddars Cousin

• I'm no Gouda
  • Legendairy
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 06:34:57 PM »

Haushinka

• finally fell in love with THE WORLD.
  • SHOVE IT SHOVE IT SHOVE IT.
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 07:27:30 PM »

the neo-nazis who live underneath me.
There is only one thing I hate more than nazis.
It's neo-nazis. They don't have the "I was being brainwashed and threatened" excuse.
But unfotunately there's nothing I cando about it except move out. Which I can't afford to.
Yoshiki Vázquez Baeza.
Future husband.

85283-071

• tangentrification on a stick
  • M?ust We? Thro?b
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2008, 08:34:21 PM »

The people who need the following advice should be Rotweiller raped in the mouth while having their intestines ripped from their asses to be fed to their kids while watching their pathetic pieces of shit for parents suffering the fate that their horrid driving virtually necessitates. Simple rules. Absent-mindedness is no excuse.

1] Turn signals, then brakes, douchebag.

2] Just because you are almost to your house doesn't mean everyone else is. Keep your foot on the pedal on the right until you need to brake for your driveway.

3] Stopping short to let someone pull out of a parking lot conveniences one person in front of you and inconveniences a whole string of potential murderers behind you.

4] If you are taking a half mile to pass, you are not passing. Get in the right fucking lane.

5] WRX? Camaro? Fast cars. Wowie zowie. Now, fucking drive them.

6] Don't creep. Don't encroach. Wait until the coast is clear, THEN go.

7] No, you aren't one of the few people that can drive and use the cellphone safely.

8] Yes, your high beams are a danger and a nuisance, even at a long distance.
...a little concerned about your sensibilities.

colordeaf

• New! Chicken of the Galaxy Dolphin Nuggets
    • Gallery of Questionable Taste
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2008, 10:25:44 PM »

I have no idea what I hate. I only hate things when I'm angry, which is often a few minutes after an incident.
Dude...  I'm getting high just from being in the same room with you...

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2008, 02:04:58 AM »

Brother 85283-071, I feel your pain...
I truly do.

Oh, and you left out:
9] That [STOP/YIELD/No-Left-Turn...] sign, it applies to you too.
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

Radarmantro

• Bastard of God
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2008, 12:07:58 PM »

i hate bastards.

except for magnificent bastards.

Of course. It would be important to tell the different groups of bastards from one another. And I find it good to see that magnificent bastards don't invite any hateful reactions from the good folk of the mortal realm ^^

But what do I hate? Well, as the proclaim'd Bastard of God, I find it necessary to promote openness and the continued availability of bastardly pleasure. Aleister Crowley said it very well: "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law". Those who unwittingly invent rules to prevent the expansion of necessary and harmless pleasure, on unscientific basis, would readily be put into my hate list. Here in Norway, we have this here group of adolescents called "Young people against Narcotics", perhaps one of the largest groups to oppose science on entheogens. That group suffers my wrath daily in my thoughts. Too bad my no-good father laid down rules to prevent any Godly being from manifesting their thoughts in the real world, else these fuckers'd be scattered ere long.
"I think that Digimon and Pokemon should be introduced into the science curriculum regarding evolution in schools and universities... Is I am nots smart?"

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2008, 12:13:46 PM »

as the proclaim'd Bastard of God...
Since, by most accountings that accept the existence of a Divine, we are all God's children,
wouldn't you be, by whatever mother, "God's Incestuous Bastard"? 

That would be even more magnificent.

Radarmantro

• Bastard of God
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2008, 01:02:51 PM »

Since, by most accountings that accept the existence of a Divine, we are all God's children,

Well see... thereby hangs a tale. Because at one point, there were all sorts of Gods and Goddesses up in Heaven, and my old man would go a-flirt with many of them (yes of both sorts). This was long before the creation of the mortal realm. It was now or then that both me and my younger brother Jesus was born. Then, at another point in eternity, he would get the idea of doing something different, because a paradise of celestial entheogens and everlasting virgins would become quite boring after doing both for who-knows-how-long. So, while being extremely high on something unbeknownst, he suddenly split the entire divine realm, bringing a huge amount of chaos into the paralysis that encompassed the static paradise. Many of the immortals were caught in the huge rift and were drawn into a mysterious darkness which existed beyond the immortal realm (also known as Void or Chaos). My grandfather, the one you know as Yahweh, was quick on the trigger and used a whole lot of power to fill the Void, so that those flung into the nothingness beyond would be gone forever. But in so doing, the newly created "universe" was entirely split off from the immortal realm, so that no direct influence could come through from either of the worlds to either of them. The gods who were flung into this brave new universe had to adjust to the new logic of the place, something which involved that their bodies would change bizarrely into new shapes. Some would mutate into eachother, forming intricate planets and such. Others would burst into flames, creating radiating suns (stars). Soon we noticed a strange, but also very amusing turn of events: independent life would sprout on several planets. But the first one to develop very interesting forms of life was this here planet, which at one point in history would be called Earth.
Here comes my point; you humans would maybe be a byproduct of the former life force of the Gods who mutated into planets and suns and teh liek, and thus not comparable to us of pure Godly "blood". I am, on the other hand, a direct product of godly bastardly pleasure.

I know there would be a million other questions you could ask in relation to this tale, but I only tried to answer to what the difference would be between a directly godly being like me, and independent mortals like you.

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2008, 03:21:48 PM »

Whatever blows up your robe....

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2008, 05:04:23 PM »

Well see... thereby hangs a tale. Because at one point, there were all sorts of Gods and Goddesses up in Heaven, and my old man would go a-flirt with many of them (yes of both sorts). This was long before the creation of the mortal realm. It was now or then that both me and my younger brother Jesus was born. Then, at another point in eternity, he would get the idea of doing something different, because a paradise of celestial entheogens and everlasting virgins would become quite boring after doing both for who-knows-how-long. So, while being extremely high on something unbeknownst, he suddenly split the entire divine realm, bringing a huge amount of chaos into the paralysis that encompassed the static paradise. Many of the immortals were caught in the huge rift and were drawn into a mysterious darkness which existed beyond the immortal realm (also known as Void or Chaos). My grandfather, the one you know as Yahweh, was quick on the trigger and used a whole lot of power to fill the Void, so that those flung into the nothingness beyond would be gone forever. But in so doing, the newly created "universe" was entirely split off from the immortal realm, so that no direct influence could come through from either of the worlds to either of them. The gods who were flung into this brave new universe had to adjust to the new logic of the place, something which involved that their bodies would change bizarrely into new shapes. Some would mutate into eachother, forming intricate planets and such. Others would burst into flames, creating radiating suns (stars). Soon we noticed a strange, but also very amusing turn of events: independent life would sprout on several planets. But the first one to develop very interesting forms of life was this here planet, which at one point in history would be called Earth.
Here comes my point; you humans would maybe be a byproduct of the former life force of the Gods who mutated into planets and suns and teh liek, and thus not comparable to us of pure Godly "blood". I am, on the other hand, a direct product of godly bastardly pleasure.

I know there would be a million other questions you could ask in relation to this tale, but I only tried to answer to what the difference would be between a directly godly being like me, and independent mortals like you.

~blinks~ either you're really awesome, or really terrible, or really obnoxious, and i'm not sure of the difference here.

Radarmantro

• Bastard of God
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2008, 05:05:51 PM »

For you, I can be anything baby XD

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2008, 04:47:59 AM »

~purrs at Radar~ oh don't be so notty. ~giggles~

in other news, i hate the new header. it's absolutely atrocious.

Wires+Waves

• Myspaaaaaaace.
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2008, 12:25:16 AM »

I hate strip malls
bathroom stalls
mini marts
rules and laws
I hate pain in my head
gettin out of bed
talk on TV, democracy
I hate terror alerts
stupid jerks
the land of the free
idiocy
I hate bills that are new, drinks that are blue
I hate myself and I hate you
For the sweet lovin'
(I be the semi-lurker formerly known as Inhale_Exhale)

85283-071

• M?ust We? Thro?b
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2008, 12:50:10 AM »

You hate drinks that are blue? Jolt Blue rocks.

Wires+Waves

• Myspaaaaaaace.
For the sweet lovin'

Radarmantro

• Bastard of God
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2008, 08:53:06 AM »

Alright, let's see if I've not got some hate to produce some giggles'n shit here...

Self-contradicting bullshit could be my first post. Evolutionary biologists preaching dogmatic humanism for example. I shall not mention any names, but I find it highly irritating that someone who studies a topic which deals to such an extend with disregard of any life form which does not have the capabilities to survive on its own, would EVER go about claiming that humans have some kind of unseen, underlying worth. Or any other being for that matter. Just to take an example; you do not need a degree in philosophy to work out what a hungry lion would do to a human unfit to protect itself sufficiently, or the other way around. We kill, we die. For that matter, I find the idea that life in general has some kind of fundamental worth to be obnoxious.
Another example would be the Norwegian youth organization MOT (which can mean both against (or opposed to) and courage). Its message goes as following "Have the COURAGE to make your own choices". However, those who know a thing or two about this seemingly good and open-minded idea can tell you that this in truth generally means "Have the COURAGE to make the decisions we would want you to make". Be glad for the fact that you suckers don't understand Norwegian, else I'd link to some of their videos. It gives me the creeps when I watch this shameless propaganda, aimed to poison the minds of vulnerable young children.

I'm not that snotty, just a bit... playful ;)

Devery

• Tunnel-Visioneer
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2008, 10:16:27 AM »

She said you were naughty.  I know this is only the internet, but I find your inability to discern what people are saying (see the sarcasm discussion) somewhat to moderately interesting.
"The world is going to hell in a hand-basket, but it sure is nice up here on the hill."   A. Kujawa

Radarmantro

• Bastard of God
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2008, 06:45:32 PM »

She said you were naughty.  I know this is only the internet, but I find your inability to discern what people are saying (see the sarcasm discussion) somewhat to moderately interesting.

I know what she meant, hence my response. Maybe you did not understand my joke?
But what this had to do with the sarcasm "discussion" (if it could be called that) I fail to see. Please explain?

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2008, 07:10:11 PM »

damn, i am so confused.

Radar, i love your inability to understand. you remind me of a roleplay character of mine. very intelligent, but just doesn't get jokes about the Polish. or their sausage.

o_O'

WHY ARE THERE SO MANY FOODS IN THE SHAPE OF ANIMAL, THAT DO NOT TASTE LIKE ANIMAL? IS THIS HUMAN JOKE?

Radarmantro

• Bastard of God
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2008, 07:15:23 PM »

damn, i am so confused.

Radar, i love your inability to understand. you remind me of a roleplay character of mine. very intelligent, but just doesn't get jokes about the Polish. or their sausage.

o_O'

WHY ARE THERE SO MANY FOODS IN THE SHAPE OF ANIMAL, THAT DO NOT TASTE LIKE ANIMAL? IS THIS HUMAN JOKE?

wut? Now am "I" comfused  :'(

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2008, 07:45:35 PM »

~hugs the dearly confused Radar~ we're all confused now. it's better this way.

i like gummi bears.

85283-071

• M?ust We? Thro?b
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2008, 12:10:33 AM »

I prefer my gummi critters to have blood and guts.

Radarmantro

• Bastard of God
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2008, 03:13:47 AM »

~hugs the dearly confused Radar~ we're all confused now. it's better this way.

i like gummi bears.

hehe, good good *hugs back* ^^

I will have to agree with gummi bears

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2008, 03:42:52 AM »

gummi burrs roxxorz.

and Wyatt, i get to check the candy shop tomorrow. eeeeeee, i'm so excited! yay!

Goodbye-Umbrella

« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2008, 04:14:42 AM »

the neo-nazis who live underneath me.
There is only one thing I hate more than nazis.
It's neo-nazis. They don't have the "I was being brainwashed and threatened" excuse.
But unfotunately there's nothing I cando about it except move out. Which I can't afford to.

you could make them think they are being haunted by gypsies so they move!

i dont think i hate enough to contribute something

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2008, 04:58:44 AM »

i hate myself, and should probably go back to massaging my skin with straight razors. does that count? and not that pussy kids shit over the wrists. like, you know, jabbing things into your skin, and making a bunch of small holes. yaaaaaaay.

Musings

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2008, 11:45:53 AM »

I love this song.  (Also another one of Get Set Go's called "Die Motherfucker Die", is another favorite).  Ignore the video, sing along to the song:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/7pNCR3xubgU&amp;hl=en" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/7pNCR3xubgU&amp;hl=en</a>
www.upstreamofconsciousness.blogspot.com

"Just dance, gonna be OK, just dance." - Lady Gaga, inspired by Rainer Maria Rilke

85283-071

• M?ust We? Thro?b
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2008, 01:57:16 PM »

i hate myself, and should probably go back to massaging my skin with straight razors. does that count? and not that pussy kids shit over the wrists. like, you know, jabbing things into your skin, and making a bunch of small holes. yaaaaaaay.

No. If you really want to abuse yourself, listen to Warrant's Cherry Pie, overe and over and over, for three days.

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2008, 02:42:44 PM »

No. If you really want to abuse yourself, listen to Warrant's Cherry Pie, overe and over and over, for three days.

i would rather slit my throat.

Wires+Waves

• Myspaaaaaaace.
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2008, 04:03:32 PM »

Damnit, numbers, I just got that song out of my head.

For the sweet lovin'

Schplynthia

• loves you.
  • we're not scaremongering, this is really happening
    • Notes From My Back Pocket
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2008, 04:29:34 AM »

I hate strip malls
bathroom stalls
mini marts
rules and laws
I hate pain in my head
gettin out of bed
talk on TV, democracy
I hate terror alerts
stupid jerks
the land of the free
idiocy
I hate bills that are new, drinks that are blue
I hate myself and I hate you

I do not hate this in the least.  I quite love it in fact.

I do hate the things I do to feel loved that actually make me feel worse than before.  But that's not funny.  It's just sad.
I've seen better days, but I don't care...

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2008, 02:01:32 PM »

How do you hate anything or anyone for more than a minute?  ;D

jdfu!

shibby

« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2008, 12:11:58 AM »

Cell phones. The invention of the text, mostly. That, and those damn little "fun-size" keyboards that make irritating me so damn convenient.

You cannot walk and text. You will either:

Walk into someone (me).

Walk too slow in front of someone (me).

Walk into something and break it. Which would be amusing if it wasn't MINE!

People cannot be nearly so popular. And I will never forgive the cell phone companies for indluging in peoples' VAINITY the way they have.

ShiningSugar

• Queen of the Damned (Stoners)
  • Raver nails and button-down shirts
    • In a Physics Class on the Inside
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2009, 10:11:56 AM »

When I spend a small eternity painting, shaping and painting my nails a perfect shade of neon green... And then it gets smeared. Ugh...
The fact that my only writing critic is a Yes-Girl. Why, God?
My hobbies include mall-stalking, the creation of the sea-bunny and watching you from across the way.
Will probably forever be known as "That chick who needs to lay off the green." Fuck..

guuurrrrrllltakeiteasy

• We accept the love we think we deserve
  • je veux ton coq
    • Mein YouTube
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2009, 10:28:43 AM »

^ For a second there I thought you were being sarcastic.

Now I know my grammar/spelling/use of english isn't perfect, but come the fuck on, it's HAPPY BIRTHDAY, not Happi Birthday. I mean if you didn't miss the -y in birthday why on earth would you miss the -y in happy?

Just because it's the internet it doesn't give you a reason to be an idiot. Big fucking deal, your cowardice behaviour leaves you behind a computer screen throwing death threats and homophobic comments to strangers, shut the fuck up! Grow up.
Quote from: garbanzo bean
Sean, mahal kita <3

Fo' shizzle, ma Bizzle.

cuntnugget

Mockery

• Frank L. Baum's past bride and Oz princess
  • Lovely, lovely lady lumps
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2009, 05:16:59 PM »

As of now, I really am hating all these Obama cult followers.

I didn't vote for Obama. I don't agree with a lot of his views.

However, I am excited and happy that he has won because this is a big event in history.  But that doesn't give his supporters to disrespect Bush and act like they rule the world. Plus, you'd think this whole thing about America being completely controlled by Caucasians and now having an African-American president (who's mother was also Caucasian) they would be happy but they aren't. They just keep complaining for no reason.

Yes, in the past there has been huge racial problems but they are in the past! People can't learn to forgive and forget. It would make life easier and they would live longer. It does no good to gripe about such things.

was too busy looking at the attractive girl in the weird paint vag bib.

I have 47 Indja Points

Alyss

« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2009, 03:39:48 AM »

I hate my friend Kennedy's family, who never came to her funeral.

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2009, 06:03:07 PM »

Plus, you'd think this whole thing about America being completely controlled by Caucasians and now having an African-American president (who's mother was also Caucasian) they would be happy but they aren't. They just keep complaining for no reason.

Yes, in the past there has been huge racial problems but they are in the past!

*blinks*  Along with the bold, there is so much wrong with this that I can't even begin to even attempt to understand your thought process.  What, do you think that the world is happy-shiny, and that everybody loves one another now?  That blacks and other minorities are just complaining at this point, and gee, can't all those minorities shut up, and realize that there's no more enslaving other races, because we're all friends now?  Hell, we gave the Injins free tuition and a few chunks of American soil and some slot machines, and they're starting to abuse the slots, come to think of it, amirite gaiz!  And we give the Mexicans credit for being hard workers, amirite?!  And and and the Jews are rich, and own half the banks in the world, so what the fuck are they still crying about Hitler for!

And gee, it's not even all that historial, because, well gimminy gimmikers, guys, his mom is HALF WHITE anyway, so just get over it?

Man, I would love to live in your world.  I bet it's all bright and pink, with padded walls.

Mockery

« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2009, 06:12:01 PM »

Plus, you'd think this whole thing about America being completely controlled by Caucasians and now having an African-American president (who's mother was also Caucasian) they would be happy but they aren't. They just keep complaining for no reason.

*blinks*  Along with the bold, there is so much wrong with this that I can't even begin to even attempt to understand your thought process.  What, do you think that the world is happy-shiny, and that everybody loves one another now?  That blacks and other minorities are just complaining at this point, and gee, can't all those minorities shut up, and realize that there's no more enslaving other races, because we're all friends now?  Hell, we gave the Injins free tuition and a few chunks of American soil and some slot machines, and they're starting to abuse the slots, come to think of it, amirite gaiz!  And we give the Mexicans credit for being hard workers, amirite?!  And and and the Jews are rich, and own half the banks in the world, so what the fuck are they still crying about Hitler for!

And gee, it's not even all that historial, because, well gimminy gimmikers, guys, his mom is HALF WHITE anyway, so just get over it?

Man, I would love to live in your world.  I bet it's all bright and pink, with padded walls.
...Honestly, that's the best you can come up with? Wow.

The made Obama's campaign a racial thing when it didn't have to be.  Right now, that's all they seem to care about.  The color of someone's skin doesn't matter at all.  Right now, people need to focus on the more important issues like the economy and the war.  Race isn't something that can be changed at the touch of a button. And what difference does it make anyways? Can't they at least see that things are better? Obama is president. That's a huge step.

I have 47 Indja Points

Musings

« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2009, 06:29:09 PM »

Actually, you seem to be more focused on Obama's race than most people are, at this point.  Yes, his election was historic, but now people and Obama are more focused on fixing the economy.

The fact that you are referring to a "they" suggests to me some inherent problems in your thinking.  If racial issues were really resolved, you would be thinking in terms of a we.

Yes, it's great that Obama was elected (inspires hope in others, brings to the forefront the issue of race) but this type of thinking worries me.  If all racial problems are solved, why do African Americans still graduate at college at a lower rate and are in prisons are a higher rate?  Why are they less represented in the sciences, at the top levels of corporations?  Why is there, I think, only one black Senator, Burris, who may not get seated?  Hopefully during Obama's term, we will get closer to finding the root of these issues. 

To address other things: Obama supporters disrespected Bush because everyone, including Republicans, were disrespecting Bush at the end of his term.  No one wanted to be associated with him.  He did some disrespectful things.

"Just dance, gonna be OK, just dance." - Lady Gaga, inspired by Rainer Maria Rilke

Mockery

« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2009, 06:50:31 PM »

*sighs* You know what? Just forget it all together. Seems I can't speak my mind without being made an idiot of.

I have 47 Indja Points

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2009, 07:00:20 PM »

...Honestly, that's the best you can come up with? Wow.

The made Obama's campaign a racial thing when it didn't have to be.  Right now, that's all they seem to care about.  The color of someone's skin doesn't matter at all.  Right now, people need to focus on the more important issues like the economy and the war.  Race isn't something that can be changed at the touch of a button. And what difference does it make anyways? Can't they at least see that things are better? Obama is president. That's a huge step.

Is that the best I can come up with?  If it sounds pathetic, then know that it's an accurate description of what you sounded like in your last post.

As for the racial thing.  Talk about double talk.

"However, I am excited and happy that he has won because this is a big event in history."

"The made Obama's campaign a racial thing when it didn't have to be.  Right now, that's all they seem to care about."

Now, why was it such a historical event, if people shouldn't have been focusing on his color in the first place?  Especially since, like you said, his mom's white, anyway.  So what you're saying is, it's great a black guy won!  Yay!  Now it's official, there's no more racism!

While at the same time saying, WHY ARE (edit) THEY FOCUSED ON HIS RACE!  RACE SHOULDN'T MATTER.  By the way, what do you mean by "they"?

Really, if you're going to spout nonsense, don't do it with intelligent thinkers, who can see through your bullshit, in the same room.  And for the record, when somebody passes something as ridiculous as the Patriot Act, and then perform the way they did during Katrina, they deserve the shitstorm they got upon exiting office.  I've never seen so many Republicans so embarrassed of their leader.

Kovacs

« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2009, 07:38:23 PM »

Musings and Caddy: Just a quick point, the "they" she's referring to is Obama supporters. She can't use "we" since she wasn't one. I don't think it's meant to have a racial connotation.

No comment on the rest of the points, but I thought I'd point that out in case it made things a bit clearer.

Andy Pants

• I'm a Roman Candle, my head is full of flames.
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2009, 08:13:52 PM »

Truth be told I think the entire election was kind of offensive and dissapointingly juvenile given that the political commentators were talking about Obamas heritage as if it were the only thing worth talking about and giving it greater importance than actual political issues. The whole thing was really quite saddening. If we had actually moved past rediculous categorising and preconceptions about what people can actually achieve and accepted equality then it wouldn't have been such a big fucking deal that a person who supposedly fits into a categorisation for which no can actually give a proper agreed upon definition got into government.

But then seeing everything in terms of a white / black race might just be an Americanism due to the country's history of segregation. I am inclined to belive this as most of the Australian people I've spoken to about these issues see race as an unimportant construct and prefer to see things in terms of nationality first and heritage second. This is probably due to the fact that most Australians heritages are so mixed that it's become rediculous to hold onto these subjective categories. These are the kind of people that Caddy probably considers 'minorities'. Funnily enough in Australia we call them 'ordinary people'.

We call people who consider race a serious sub-category of people in society 'racists'.
reality doesn't give a damn about our plans.

Quote from: Henry Rollins
Cynicism in nothing but intellectual cowardice. It's basically you not taking the time to deal with what is

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2009, 08:29:21 PM »

"This is probably due to the fact that most Australians heritages are so mixed that it's become rediculous to hold onto these subjective categories. These are people that Caddy probably considers 'minorities'. Funnily enough in Australia we call them 'ordinary people'."

Well isn't that some shit, because Caddy isn't in Australia, and Andy has not lived in America, and dealt with it's many varied social issues before.

So gtfo my dick.  S'not my fault you fail at every single racial argument you've been in while here on the s.box.  God, now I really wish there were a click/ignore button.

Andy Pants

« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2009, 08:33:42 PM »

"This is probably due to the fact that most Australians heritages are so mixed that it's become rediculous to hold onto these subjective categories. These are people that Caddy probably considers 'minorities'. Funnily enough in Australia we call them 'ordinary people'."

Well isn't that some shit, because Caddy isn't in Australia, and Andy has not lived in America, and dealt with it's many varied social issues before.

So gtfo my dick.  S'not my fault you fail at every single racial argument you've been in while here on the s.box.  God, now I really wish there were a click/ignore button.

I think it's so funny that you take race more seriously than anyone else on this forum. You do realise that many of your ideas encourage segregation right? It seems like you also consider race conflict an issue. Do you consider yourself and your attitudes a part of the solution?

Cynicism in nothing but intellectual cowardice. It's basically you not taking the time to deal with what is

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2009, 08:39:55 PM »

You do realise that many of your ideas encourage segregation right?

Keep talking.  Which ideas?

Mockery

« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2009, 08:45:46 PM »

Musings and Caddy: Just a quick point, the "they" she's referring to is Obama supporters. She can't use "we" since she wasn't one. I don't think it's meant to have a racial connotation.
Yeah, I never meant to do that. I didn't vote for Obama so when I said they, I meant the people who supported/voted for him.  I didn't think that would cause such a stir.

I have 47 Indja Points

Musings

« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2009, 09:09:28 PM »

Yeah, I never meant to do that. I didn't vote for Obama so when I said they, I meant the people who supported/voted for him.  I didn't think that would cause such a stir.

Ok, sorry for that point, but the rest still stands.

Just as general note, I find it interesting that any topic of difference in identity (sexuality, ethnicity, race) seems to end up into the same argument: we are all the same (and those who recognize difference are asking for discrimination) vs. we are all different (and those who think we are all the same are being blind to injustice that currently exists, as well as the truth and beauty of diversity).

Yes, when we are in some utopian world where all are truly on an equal playing field, maybe we can look at this again.  But we're not even close.  To ignore the problems that exist is...problematic.  To ignore that all should be treated equally but also recognized for individual differences is closing yourself off to the entire range of humanity that exists.

By the way, from what I've heard of Australia, it is not a racially/ethnically blind country -- i.e., they have huge problems between native Australians and Middle Eastern immigrants.  To not recognize that is to perpetuate a problem.

Andy Pants

« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2009, 09:23:35 PM »

Keep talking.  Which ideas?

Your whole black / white classification system. Which you have yet to explain and seem to assume that everyone shares, your disbelief in the idea that race is subjective and your intolerance of the attitude that it is not a meaningful classification. This suggests that all people fit into two distinct groups. It also suggest that there are ingrained differences between these two groups which you fail to identify. And lastly that these differences are something more than a triviality. If you did actually try to identify these differences I think you'd find that they are false more often than not and that just as many people you consider 'white' share these characteristics as those you consider 'black'. This whole belief system encourages segregation. And you do seem to have more of an eye for categorising people than most other people.

I love for example the way you consider me something other in all your attacks against me. You don't even consider the very real (and very true) possibility that I have aboriginal heritage. That's right, according to your warped perception of reality I'm more 'black' than you are. But I'm not stupid enough to trivialise myself and the rest of society in the process by thinking about myself that way. I know that my ancestors were Dutch, German, Irish, English, Scottish and Indigenous. But I don't consider that a fraction as important as the fact that I myself am an Australian, as is anyone else with an Australian citizenship or anyone else who lives in my society.  I do not belong to any 'black' or 'white' race. I don't need to belong to any black or white race. That's fucking retarded. Why sub-categorise myself If I am equal to everyone else? Why segreagate myself from the rest of the people in my society? Especially on the grounds of something as trivial as geneaology as oposed to ideaology?

And I consider my nationality only a fraction as important as the fact that I am a human-being. Ever heard of the human race? The ideas I have and experiences I go through are not unique to my family or nationality, they are universal. All people are my fucking people. And so I am sympathetic to all people.

As for your previous post I think you'll find I haven't lost a single argument about race on the shadowbox either as you've completely failed to disprove me or even argue against any of my points. And it really is sad there isn't an ignore button on this website, then you could just confront these issues with ignorance, like it seems you've been doing for most of your life!

Andy Pants

« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2009, 09:26:21 PM »

By the way, from what I've heard of Australia, it is not a racially/ethnically blind country -- i.e., they have huge problems between native Australians and Middle Eastern immigrants.  To not recognize that is to perpetuate a problem.

We do indeed, but those people are an actual minority and considered by most people to be racists. That's the difference between Australia and America those who acknowledge race as a serious category and take it as seriously as idealogical categories are the people causing conflict as oposed to the people fighting the conflict.

Musings

« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2009, 09:41:07 PM »

Oh, so you mean like John Howard?  I thought it was agreed upon by Australians that he was an ignorant ass, but maybe I'm wrong.  To look at violent clashes between two ethnic groups and not see a racial component is dumb.  To not see that Aborigines still suffer the consequences of early prejudice is dumb.  He pronounced, "we are the same" while actively trying to pull other people under.

Let me know if I'm wrong, as I'm less familiar with Australian politics, but this is the incident that comes to mind: http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/australians-racist-no-way-says-howard/2005/12/12/1134236005950.html

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2009, 10:05:31 PM »

Your whole black / white classification system.

I have a system/classification?  Since when?  Or did you take some sarcasm over in the News section too literally?

Which you have yet to explain and seem to assume that everyone shares, your disbelief in the idea that race is subjective and your intolerance of the attitude that it is not a meaningful classification. This suggests that all people fit into two distinct groups. It also suggest that there are ingrained differences between these two groups which you fail to identify.

Actually, I think you assume far more often than I do.  Alongside that, I believe I wasn't alone on the idea of race not being subjective.  Alongside even that, I can go quote myself actually not saying anything that suggests a "You vs Them" ideology.  Seems somebody got an A in word twisting.

And lastly that these differences are something more than a triviality.

If we were all the same, with nothing interesting and different to bring to the table, the world would be a fucking boring place.

If you did actually try to identify these differences I think you'd find that they are false more often than not and that just as many people you consider 'white' share these characteristics as those you consider 'black'. This whole belief system encourages segregation. And you do seem to have more of an eye for categorising people than most other people.

Quote me on categorizing people.  Anywhere on the board.  As a matter of fact, I tend to point out the problem people have with measuring somebody by how much of one or the other they have in them.  As with Amanda's post, I found it interesting she had to physically point out that Obama was half-black, instead of just black/African-American.  I always find it interesting that every single white/non-minority person points out that Obama is half black, and, "I don't know why everybody's so happy, I mean c'mon, his mom is fucking white anyway.  And was he even born here?!"  That over-classification that of people that leaves a nasty taste in my mouth when I have to hear/read it.  That's the issue I keep having with people in that regards, and yes, I'll bring it up. 

As for the rest of these characteristics...what?  Characteristics?  Since when have I ever posted about certain characteristics believe merely blacks and whites?  *lifts a brow*  What characteristics?  What "belief" system?  What eye?  Far as I'm concerned, I think you're exaggerating.

I love for example the way you consider me something other in all your attacks against me.

Last time I checked, I made all of...what?  Four posts to you in our last encounter?  And that was only because you were so huffy because you were getting attacked, that you were acting like somebody with some egregious past who was using that negative energy to attack people with.  You were rude, condescending, and insisting that if nobody agreed with you, then we were all grade schoolers.  I merely pointed out that if you were so affected, there must be something to it.  As for other, *lifts brow* ...I was probably taking a jab at you.  Read one jab.

You don't even consider the very real

As of right now, I don't consider you to be very realistic. 

(and very true) possibility that I have aboriginal heritage.

Ah, is that what this is all about.

That's right, according to your warped perception of reality I'm more 'black' than you are. But I'm not stupid enough to trivialise myself and the rest of society in the process by thinking about myself that way. I know that my ancestors were Dutch, German, Irish, English, Scottish and Indigenous.

*laughs*  Man, you must live in a nice bright world.  Go ahead.  As a matter of fact, I'm half myself, but I don't lean on that.

But I don't consider that a fraction as important as the fact that I myself am an Australian, as is anyone else with an Australian citizenship or anyone else who lives in my society.  I do not belong to any 'black' or 'white' race. I don't need to belong to any black or white race. That's fucking retarded. Why sub-categorise myself If I am equal to everyone else? Why segreagate myself from the rest of the people in my society? Especially on the grounds of something as trivial as geneaology as oposed to ideaology?

You gathered all of this, from the four-five posts I made towards you?  And mostly rather small posts at that?  Two good sized posts making a point that there's nothing wrong with people accepting who they are, and the cultures they come from, so long as they don't believe their cultures are better than others?  Because I think it's awesome to learn about different people's nature, and backgrounds, and from their experiences?  Once again, do you think that just because you hate the fact that people do come from different backgrounds, that those backgrounds are going anywhere?

And I consider my nationality only a fraction as important as the fact that I am a human-being. Ever heard of the human race? The ideas I have and experiences I go through are not unique to my family or nationality, they are universal. All people are my fucking people. And so I am sympathetic to all people.

Uh huh.  *tongue click*

As for your previous post I think you'll find I haven't lost a single argument about race on the shadowbox either as you've completely failed to disprove me or even argue against any of my points. And it really is sad there isn't an ignore button on this website, then you could just confront these issues with ignorance, like it seems you've been doing for most of your life!

I'm glad you've been around for most of my life.  In some states here, we call that either abuse of the assumption button, or stalking.

You know, after reading that, I might have an aneurysm.  I've never seen somebody try so hard to slaughter somebody's identity.  I must have really touched a chord with you, and it's a good thing the people here who matter actually know me well enough not to believe most (read: all) of what just came out of your ignorant little mouth.

:)

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2009, 10:13:22 PM »

Actually, now that we mention it.  *ahem*  My initial post wasn't rude to you.  Though...yours was to me, and most everybody else.  Let's see.  *dig dug*

Quote from: caddy
I see race but I see it as both subjective and meaningless.

I don't.  I'm proud of my race and heritage.  I don't even care if those with a European background are proud of their race/ethnicity and heritage.  How can you expect others to accept and understand your culture, if you see your own as "meaningless and subjective"?  It's silly to avoid race, because various races have so much to offer the whole.

When I say it is meaningless what I mean is that its meaning is intangible and could mean anything depending on the individual. It is now a free associated symbol. Most conflict over the issue of race emerges from people failing to understand this concept. And assuming others think of it the same way they do.

*tongue click*

I would love to spend my long days living in your world.  Must be padded.  *sighs*  It would be nice to say that race is just this social construct we should get over.  Unfortunately, that's not always how the world works.

After that, you went on the rampage.  And interestingly enough, it was Ratsforcandy who noted that you were "beating around the bush" on something.  And here's the rest of the last go 'round.  http://www.theshadowbox.net/forum/index.php?topic=7050.30

Damn.  Sucks when the person you're fighting has proof against your allegations, don't it?

ratsforcandy

• FbFb
« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2009, 10:53:42 PM »

Stop with the fucking ego-trip. It's getting really annoying.

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2009, 10:57:57 PM »

I'm starting to think he's so afraid of acknowledging other people's cultures and race, he's actually the biggest racist on this board.

ratsforcandy

• FbFb
« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2009, 12:41:46 AM »

And you know what Andy, realize that there's more than one way to live life. If I like eating my cereal with water, than fucking deal with it. I like acknowledging differences in race, culture, and heritage. Maybe it's because I appreciate the diversity so much. I love living in America, and I love working with people at CVS because I'm in touch with so many different parts of the world in one location. Just like that guy who came in from Afghanistan yesterday. Get off your high horse, stop talking down to us, and realize that we're not all going to think the way you think, and you haven't won any arguments. No one has one anything, we've just went back and forth on what we thought. And if this was a debate, you didn't persuade any judges to think your way pal, so suck on that. Your insults and condescending attitude towards those who think differently than you is getting to be really annoying. And what makes it worse is the way you try to dance around with words and try so hard to be eloquent. The way your words string together sounds forced and like you're trying to put everyone down, and it's not attractive. Excuse us for thinking another way than you pal, get over it and stop trying to act like your way of living is the better way. To hit you with a quote:

"There is no one right way to live."
— Daniel Quinn (Ishmael)

Stop telling everyone else otherwise. I like the way I see race and culture, back off and stop telling me I'm wrong.

Goodbye-Umbrella

« Reply #59 on: February 03, 2009, 01:30:31 AM »

im not really arguing against anyone here, just thought i'd throw in the point that "native australians" would be aboriginals, who as far as i know dont have a particular problem with middle eastern immigrants... but you probably meant like australians in general who arent from the middle east... i nwhich case yes there is a huge problem and the problem is BOGANS!

stupid bogans who wear australia flags as capes on australia day, are uneducated and raised to not tollerate anyone whose different. it's those intollerant people who feel that muslims (who according to them is anyone who looks vaugley middle eastern) should just not be allowed in australia, and they have no real reason for this... also they'll go to mardi gras as an excuse to get really drunk and take lots of drugs, then the very next day go back to saying "fags and dykes cant raise kids properly"- god they cant raise they're children properly, if theyre the parents of the 14 year old running round with australia flag capes screaming "AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE OI OI OI" then going and fighting anyone who they feel doesnt look like they belong in australia...

sigh rant over...
anyway in response to what everyones been talking about, in australia race isnt a HUGE thing, but racism definatley does exist, because some people are just.. well stupid... or scared of what they dont know... either i guess

(oh sorry by the way, rats, what is the CVS?)

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2009, 01:53:15 AM »

*murrs*  I like CVS.  They have cheap candies.

I also miss Los Angeles, because there's such a diverse group of people there.  I've ONLY lived in diverse areas for my entire life (been in L.A. my entire life), went to the most diverse school in the district, and now I'm living in a place where it's some are white, some are black, and a couple are of Hispanic descent.

*blinks*  Well, I wouldn't move back to Hollywood, but I definitely can't wait to explore more of the East Coast by way of car.  Mmmmmm.

Umbrella -- I've never heard of a Bogan before.  *blinks*  Eh?  Whoa, whaaaat the fuck.  They sound worse than any Bible Belt Fundi I've ever known.  x_x

Pope Totalfrog

• AKA Arse Fez von Titty Biscuit
  • Queen of the wild (suburban) frontier.
    • twitter
« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2009, 04:46:02 AM »

Umbrella -- I've never heard of a Bogan before. 

They are the Aussie version of trailer trash.
Wow. Froggie's like a superhero...
Trick question: No matter how they're prepared, and how hungry you may be, tarantulas are NOT food

Andy Pants

« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2009, 01:10:36 AM »

If we were all the same, with nothing interesting and different to bring to the table, the world would be a fucking boring place.

You're missing the point. The differences between people are idealogical. And ideas are not genetic.

As for the rest of your comments nothing that you have said has contradicted or rebutted any of my arguments in any way.

I fail to see why you keep responding to my posts in such a disrespectful way when we agree with one another on many of these points. And you are being disrespectful. In fact you initiated the whole negative tone of this discussion with your 'padded walls' comment. I see this evidence that you can't tolerate my perspective and not the other way around.

"There is no one right way to live."
— Daniel Quinn (Ishmael)

Stop telling everyone else otherwise. I like the way I see race and culture, back off and stop telling me I'm wrong.

I'm sorry? When did I say any such thing? I didn't set out to tell or prove to anyone that they were wrong. Merely to share my personal perspective on a topic of discussion to which I've been treated to nasty unintelligible attempts at insults by many of you. If my ideas are threatening to you maybe that's just because they have an element of truth to them. Or because you don't like thinking about or re-evaluating the value-systems that hold or why you hold them. I think you'll find that in the inauguration thread I repeatedly stated that race was a subjective concept open to individual interpretation. If you want to consider it a defining characteristic of a person, along with all the random ideas that you associate with it, then you go right ahead. As I've said before, you can do whatever you want precious. I personally don't think of it as partcularly important. And unless you're associating it with the concept of heritage or nationality I see it as meaningless. And that's my fucking right.

ratsforcandy

• FbFb
« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2009, 01:16:51 AM »

I'm sorry? When did I say any such thing? I didn't set out to tell or prove to anyone that they were wrong. Merely to share my personal perspective on a topic of discussion to which I've been treated to nasty unintelligible attempts at insults by many of you. If my ideas are threatening to you maybe that's just because they have an element of truth to them. Or because you don't like thinking about or re-evaluating the value-systems that hold or why you hold them. I think you'll find that in the inauguration thread I repeatedly stated that race was a subjective concept open to individual interpretation. If you want to consider it a defining characteristic of a person, along with all the ideas that you associate with it, then you go right ahead. As I've said before, you can do whatever you want precious. I personally don't think of it as partcularly important. And unless you're associating it with the concept of heritage or nationality I see it as meaningless. And that's my fucking right.

I'm done with arguing with you. You come off condescending as shit, and so impersonable. The way you write is so annoying, you sound like a robot, it just doesn't sound how people talk day to day. This isn't a debate competition, so calm down, come back down to earth, and maybe start talking like a normal person, and people will be more open to what you're saying. I'm not getting offended by what you're saying, I'm not even looking into what you're saying anymore, because you've more than beat the dead horse. I know you're point, cool, whatever, but you keep preaching. And don't all this shit "I didn't set out to tell or prove to anyone that they were wrong. Merely to share my personal perspective on a topic of discussion to which I've been treated to nasty unintelligible attempts at insults by many of you." and then earlier in the same post say "you have said has contradicted or rebutted any of my arguments in any way." You're arguing, talking down, and being a dick with your words. You said it yourself you're arguing your perspective. Get out of here, we get what you think. It's over and move on.

Andy Pants

« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2009, 01:38:26 AM »

I'm done with arguing with you.
GOOD!

You come off condescending as shit, and so impersonable.
Is it condescending to point out when you are wrong?
Especially when you're making baseless attacks on my character?

The way you write is so annoying, you sound like a robot, it just doesn't sound how people talk day to day.
Your illitercay is not my problem.

You're arguing, talking down, and being a dick with your words.
I  could say the same to all of you.

You said it yourself you're arguing your perspective.
Believe it or not an argument can actually be civil. I am not resposnible for this discussion becomming an argument and I am not responsible for the nasty negative turn it has taken as an argument.

Get out of here
I don't believe I've said anything which requires me to leave.

I know you're point, cool... We get what you think.
You could have simply said that in the first place instead of all being insulting and intolerant.

It's over and move on.
Read what you just wrote again. Same to you bitch.

Kovacs

« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2009, 01:53:09 AM »

I  could say the same to all of you.

Probably true, I'll give you that.

Believe it or not an argument can actually be civil. I am not resposnible for this discussion becomming an argument and I am not responsible for the nasty negative turn it has taken as an argument.

You are, because you were posting in the wrong place to have such a discussion. It was a congratulation thread for the historical event. Yeah, people are going to get annoyed when you go off on a race rant in a place it doesn't belong. Your fault, not ours.

I don't believe I've said anything which requires me to leave.

Absolutely true.

You could have said that in the first place instead of being insulting, intolerant and condecending.

I said it at least three times in the previously mentioned thread. You never addressed me once. Which, like I said later, is what made it so hilarious. You were parroting things others had said, and it was obvious you weren't even bothering to read what was going on. Your points were made moot, and you just kept saying them.

Read what you just wrote again. Same to you bitch.

You jumped in here saying some pretty offensive things about Americans in general. It's obvious that you're still burnt from the prior thread. So yeah, get over it.

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2009, 01:54:00 AM »

The way you write is so annoying, you sound like a robot, it just doesn't sound how people talk day to day.

Your illitercay is not my problem.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

The first post I've found amusing in this whole pointless argument thread.

Now please tell me you people really are done?  KTHXBYE

Andy Pants

« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2009, 01:59:29 AM »

You jumped in here saying some pretty offensive things about Americans in general.

If you got this impression than I do actual apologise. I only meant what I said as an interesting cross-cultural observation. I did not intend it to be construed as criticism and certainly did not meant it to be taken as an insult.

I wouldn't dare criticise Gods people. /Jks.

Goodbye-Umbrella

« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2009, 04:51:01 AM »

*murrs*  I like CVS.  They have cheap candies.

I also miss Los Angeles, because there's such a diverse group of people there.  I've ONLY lived in diverse areas for my entire life (been in L.A. my entire life), went to the most diverse school in the district, and now I'm living in a place where it's some are white, some are black, and a couple are of Hispanic descent.

*blinks*  Well, I wouldn't move back to Hollywood, but I definitely can't wait to explore more of the East Coast by way of car.  Mmmmmm.

Umbrella -- I've never heard of a Bogan before.  *blinks*  Eh?  Whoa, whaaaat the fuck.  They sound worse than any Bible Belt Fundi I've ever known.  x_x

i like cheap candies too! :D i still dont know what cvs is though :(

exploring can be fun!

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2009, 12:37:53 PM »

You're missing the point. The differences between people are idealogical. And ideas are not genetic.

As for the rest of your comments nothing that you have said has contradicted or rebutted any of my arguments in any way.

I fail to see why you keep responding to my posts in such a disrespectful way when we agree with one another on many of these points. And you are being disrespectful. In fact you initiated the whole negative tone of this discussion with your 'padded walls' comment. I see this evidence that you can't tolerate my perspective and not the other way around.

Nah dude, you just stuffed a bunch of words in my mouth after the padded walls comment, and then expected to have a civil conversation after that.  Then you called me racist, and then stuffed a fuckton more words into my mouth.  Newsflash, it's going to get negative, when you start telling people what's you think is right...is the only kind of right.  Also, backpeddling by saying we agree?  Lmao.

The way you speak and respond (in my opinion) proves that you require some therapy.

Umbrella!  CVS is a chain of stores out here that's sometimes open 24 hours, and sometimes not.  They have all sorts of neat things in them for day to day life, a bit of food, and a pharmacy.  They're kinda like convenience stores, and kinda not.  x_x

Goodbye-Umbrella

« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2009, 05:35:11 PM »

Umbrella!  CVS is a chain of stores out here that's sometimes open 24 hours, and sometimes not.  They have all sorts of neat things in them for day to day life, a bit of food, and a pharmacy.  They're kinda like convenience stores, and kinda not.  x_x

oh how strange, but pretty cool! i work at just a normal pharmacy... not some fancy 24 convience store one... but we do sell candy! :D

the CAPS guy

• Died at 672
« Reply #71 on: May 29, 2009, 04:20:09 AM »

i hate racism... and there's one thing i hate more than a racist.... people of the same race being racist with each other. i.e. rich people with poor people, beauty people with ugly people, that's disgusting, is there another word worse than disgusting?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmHAYjxzLcM" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmHAYjxzLcM</a>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmHAYjxzLcM&feature=PlayList&p=3992D77BAEB3CEEC&index=4

The Angel Raliel

• ...looked the other way when a third of them fell
  • ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #72 on: May 29, 2009, 04:33:52 AM »

to sum up...........
bigotry and ignorance= wrong
celebration and embracing of diversity= right
One should always be a little improbable.

@raliel

Alyss

« Reply #73 on: May 29, 2009, 06:39:54 PM »

to sum up...........
What a thoroughly boring world you're imagining.

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #74 on: May 30, 2009, 08:08:48 AM »

Ok, fuck it, I'm going there. I know I'm gonna get flamed for this (or at least, I expect to get flamed for this, though if people are gonna be nice and lovely about and let stick to the rules though then again maybe I expect to be flamed because I think I deserve to be flamed and if I deserve it maybe I shouldn't ask you not to? I don't know. Anyway...) but here goes:

I hate fat people.

I mean really, really hate them. What the FUCK are they doing using up my air? I don't mean people carrying a couple extra pounds, I mean really grossly obese people who frankly can just fuck the fuck off. If you have to have help washing under the folds of your flab, if you can't walk up the stairs, if you really are That Fucking Fat then you're a disgrace to yourself and to the human race.

I also hate that surgery like gastric bypasses and bands and stuff are free on the NHS - this is NOT fair. Exercise and diet will fix them - it'll be horribly hard, yes, but that's their own damn fault for getting into such a repulsive state that they're in now. If someone wants to change badly enough, then they will, it's just a matter of not eating a load of shit and actually walking places. If a person can't be bothered taking the time, and they feel like they want a quick fix, then they should pay for it themselves. It actually makes me feel quite unwell thinking about them, seriously. And it's one thing to be a grown person and taking responsibilty for your own eating habits and screwing about with them there, but then there's these parents who let their kids balloon to an unfathomable size - it's as good as child abuse, you're not looking after your child, you're not taking care of it's needs or doing what's best for them. It might be stressfull, trying to get an unmotivated kid to go and play sport, and it might be so much easier to just bung a couple of burgers and chips down their throats than make them a decent meal, or to let them eat when they want instead of putting up with them whining at you, but it is NOT ok to let a child get that fucking fat that they can't even hardly walk. Quite apart from the physical side of things, they're going to get abused and teased to fuck for the rest of their lives, which will only leave them with zero self-esteem. If they don't learn proper eating habits from their parents, they never will.

URGH. Fat people are fucking disgusting.

/rant.

slyvia k

« Reply #75 on: May 30, 2009, 08:27:03 AM »

Ok, fuck it, I'm going there. I know I'm gonna get flamed for this (or at least, I expect to get flamed for this, though if people are gonna be nice and lovely about and let stick to the rules though then again maybe I expect to be flamed because I think I deserve to be flamed and if I deserve it maybe I shouldn't ask you not to? I don't know. Anyway...) but here goes:

I hate fat people.

I mean really, really hate them. What the FUCK are they doing using up my air? I don't mean people carrying a couple extra pounds, I mean really grossly obese people who frankly can just fuck the fuck off. If you have to have help washing under the folds of your flab, if you can't walk up the stairs, if you really are That Fucking Fat then you're a disgrace to yourself and to the human race.

I also hate that surgery like gastric bypasses and bands and stuff are free on the NHS - this is NOT fair. Exercise and diet will fix them - it'll be horribly hard, yes, but that's their own damn fault for getting into such a repulsive state that they're in now. If someone wants to change badly enough, then they will, it's just a matter of not eating a load of shit and actually walking places. If a person can't be bothered taking the time, and they feel like they want a quick fix, then they should pay for it themselves. It actually makes me feel quite unwell thinking about them, seriously. And it's one thing to be a grown person and taking responsibilty for your own eating habits and screwing about with them there, but then there's these parents who let their kids balloon to an unfathomable size - it's as good as child abuse, you're not looking after your child, you're not taking care of it's needs or doing what's best for them. It might be stressfull, trying to get an unmotivated kid to go and play sport, and it might be so much easier to just bung a couple of burgers and chips down their throats than make them a decent meal, or to let them eat when they want instead of putting up with them whining at you, but it is NOT ok to let a child get that fucking fat that they can't even hardly walk. Quite apart from the physical side of things, they're going to get abused and teased to fuck for the rest of their lives, which will only leave them with zero self-esteem. If they don't learn proper eating habits from their parents, they never will.

/rant.
lol
you're a bit like shane (L word), i'll heart you no matter how much bullshit you say.
but i love beth ditto too. yum.

Pope Totalfrog

• twitter
« Reply #76 on: May 30, 2009, 10:21:01 AM »

I hate fat people.

/rant.
But what about the people who got fat through no fault of their own, they make up a small percentage of the chubby population but they do exist. Certain medications can cause a person's weight to balloon. Some people (not many) genuinely do have thyroid problems which cause them to be overweight. Other conditions like Prader Willi Syndrome cause people to eat uncontrollably (people with this condition will break down doors to get to food - their brains think that they are starving).

You have to be careful when you generalise hate - sometimes you end up hating perfectly innocent people - even if only a few.

The genuinely lazy do make up a good proportion of fat people but they aren't hurting anyone but themselves, same as smokers and drinkers. However parents who don't teach their children to be healthy should be forced into education programs and monitored by dieticians. If it is child abuse to under nourish a child it should also be considered child abuse to over feed a child to the point that they become obese. It is the job of a parent to raise a healthy and happy child - this means that sometimes you have to do a bit of hard work - some people don't seem to understand this.

Trick question: No matter how they're prepared, and how hungry you may be, tarantulas are NOT food

Pope Totalfrog

• twitter
« Reply #77 on: May 30, 2009, 10:43:46 AM »

Did you guys ever see that programme about the 60 stone fatty who had to be forklifted out of his home and part of the wall removed so he could fit through?  Just sayin', what was his mother thinking, feeding him that shit every day?  I don't care if he wanted it and she was just 'feeding her baby', if he wasn't about to get up and cook it himself, tough shit, fatman.

I saw that one - that woman was nuts! It was almost like she was trying to keep him prisoner.

yosmark

• The Powa. The Powa.
« Reply #78 on: May 30, 2009, 07:42:16 PM »

I hate fat people.

/rant.
:O

Alyss

« Reply #79 on: June 01, 2009, 08:17:59 PM »

Ok, fuck it, I'm going there....WOT.../rant.
I <3 u.

I hate fat people.

/rant.
But what about the people who got fat through no fault of their own, they make up a small percentage of the chubby population but they do exist. Certain medications can cause a person's weight to balloon. Some people (not many) genuinely do have thyroid problems which cause them to be overweight. Other conditions like Prader Willi Syndrome cause people to eat uncontrollably (people with this condition will break down doors to get to food - their brains think that they are starving).

You have to be careful when you generalise hate - sometimes you end up hating perfectly innocent people - even if only a few.

The genuinely lazy do make up a good proportion of fat people but they aren't hurting anyone but themselves, same as smokers and drinkers. However parents who don't teach their children to be healthy should be forced into education programs and monitored by dieticians. If it is child abuse to under nourish a child it should also be considered child abuse to over feed a child to the point that they become obese. It is the job of a parent to raise a healthy and happy child - this means that sometimes you have to do a bit of hard work - some people don't seem to understand this.
If the loss of a few innocents is what it takes to rid the world of fat people, I'm all for it.

JohnnyDBBUK

• Proud custodian of the Neville sisters souls
  • Where in time is Brian Viglione?
    • ~Gaslight Cabaret Club~
« Reply #80 on: June 02, 2009, 06:24:34 AM »

to sum up...........

QFE

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #81 on: June 02, 2009, 08:01:21 AM »

In saying I hate fat people, of course I was generalising - I don't mean if you put an obese child in front of me, I'm going to hate them on principle, or that I can't accept that for some people, it's not their fault. If we're going to get stupidly picky about it, I mean to say I hate people who choose to eat too much and do too little exercise and, as a result, become obese. I also hate the injustice of anyone getting free health care when their situation is brought about by choices they've made - and I mean people who are thinking straight and can be held responsible for their choices, not, for example, the mentally ill or a child or something. If a person chose to smoke 40 cigarettes a day and then got lung cancer, if they then continued to smoke then I don't think they should have free health care. Same with fat people - if they've abused their body for that long and then do nothing to stop it, then they shouldn't get free treatment when the money spent on them could be given to people in situations beyond their control. Now, unlike the smoking example, fat people can do something about their condition when they reach crisis point - if they won't do it, then why should they then get special treatment like gastric bands and things at the expense of the economy? It's ridiculous and I hate it.

And Syl, Beth Ditto is disgusting. Not only is her band shit, she's also boring. AND FAT.

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #82 on: June 02, 2009, 11:02:26 AM »

And Syl, Beth Ditto is disgusting. Not only is her band shit, she's also boring. AND FAT.
Clearly, you've never seen the woman dance...  (and the band's not bad, even if they're not
really my cup o' tea.)

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #83 on: June 04, 2009, 02:06:58 PM »

Clearly, you've never seen the woman dance...  (and the band's not bad, even if they're not
really my cup o' tea.)

I have seen the woman manitee dance. It was horrible.

I wouldn't mind so much but she never wears enough clothes.... Urgh.

And the band are poo. (You seem to be forgetting, if they're not you're cup of tea that doesn't mean they're bad, but if they're not my cup of tea then it means they're bad people and are going to hell. Case in point - the Kooks.)

JohnnyDBBUK

• Proud custodian of the Neville sisters souls
  • Where in time is Brian Viglione?
    • ~Gaslight Cabaret Club~
« Reply #84 on: June 04, 2009, 03:38:42 PM »

I hate cryptic comments...

tanqgirl

• honest to god i will break your heart, tear you to pieces and rip you apart
  • i fell apart, but got back up again
« Reply #85 on: June 04, 2009, 05:13:36 PM »

OMG INDJA I LOVE YOU!!!

i'm going to make shirts some day that say "hugs! not fat people!" whenever i do get around to it i think i shall send you one!!!

also i really FUCKING hate fucking missionary bullshit...they just fuck things up, they dont help...i also really hate conservative religious views in general, it's great that you believe in god/buddha/alah (sp?)/whatever but if you shove it down my throat i will fucking hurt you because i'm completely sick of it...I DONT CARE

aaaaaaaaand i really REALLY fucking hate women who act as though they are fucking helpless and cant do things for themselves, but still expect to be treated equally to men...for example if you cant fucking carry a "heavy" bag b/c "i'm a weak girl" then NO you dont deserve to have voting rights or get as much money at a fucking job because you are USELESS so dont expect me or anyone else to treat you the same, i will treat you like a useless piece of shit since that's how you act ...and since i'm sure this will piss off someone i'm only referring to women who say shit like that and mean it but dont actually need the help, if you do physically need help then whatever not a problem

honestly i'd say i just fucking hate most people...not all people granted, their are few people who arent annoying as SHIT and that i dont wish death upon but not many

The Angel Raliel

• ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #86 on: June 05, 2009, 03:00:32 AM »

if people could grasp the simple concept of tolerance and respect, all of these probnlems would go away....... unfortunately humanity tends to be selfish, ignorant,intolerant, bigoted and generally mean..........
perhaps we need a general and non specific culling of humanity

@raliel

Pope Totalfrog

• twitter
« Reply #87 on: June 05, 2009, 03:03:44 AM »

if people could grasp the simple concept of tolerance and respect, all of these probnlems would go away....... unfortunately humanity tends to be selfish, ignorant,intolerant, bigoted and generally mean..........

Agreed. Ill start with the Southern Hemisphere.

The Angel Raliel

• ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #88 on: June 05, 2009, 03:07:32 AM »

And I will start europe..... hopefully people will understand that we are doing it for their own good and it does not reflect any personal ill feeling towards them

@raliel

Pope Totalfrog

• twitter
« Reply #89 on: June 05, 2009, 03:09:02 AM »

I think there should be some sort of pamphlet. That way people could be prepared.

The Angel Raliel

• ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #90 on: June 05, 2009, 03:14:09 AM »

a good plan.
"global Genocide and You..."
Your role in saving the planet

@raliel

Pope Totalfrog

• twitter
« Reply #91 on: June 05, 2009, 03:19:22 AM »

Informative and non threatening. I like it.

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #92 on: June 05, 2009, 11:58:27 AM »

I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE WHO WORK IN TV GO AGAINST THE TRADITIONS OF THE MEDIUM JUST TO BE EDGY AND DIFFERENT.

NOT FAIR!

I love it when TV does things that are new and exciting and innovative, but those things are done because they add value to the show as a whole and move television as a whole forwards  - or try to, anyway. But building an audience up for two seasons with a Will-They-Won't-They vibe in a show that otherwise understands and respects the way plots WORK (i.e, the hero saves the day, the bad guy gets it eventually, the Tough Guy has Deeper Levels, etc) and then not following through is not acceptable.

Basically, I'm pissed because I want Alex Drake to fuck Gene Hunt more than I want toes.

IT'S NOT FAIR! JUST SHAG ALREADY!!!

Pope Totalfrog

• twitter
« Reply #93 on: June 05, 2009, 05:03:14 PM »

I haven't seen the show you are talking about but you do know that if they do shag the show will immediately suck.

http://www.tvguide.com/keywords/jts-they-did-it

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #94 on: June 05, 2009, 07:20:27 PM »

Ms. Frog is entirely right....

When "they" finally get around to "doing it", it is ALWAYS the beginning of the end for the show.

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #95 on: June 06, 2009, 09:47:24 AM »

That's ok! That is really, really ok!

Right, it's Ashes To Ashes which is an extension/sequel/spin-off/something of Life On Mars. In LoM, Sam Tyler's a copper in 2006 who gets hit by a car, goes into a coma and wakes up as a copper in 1973. He spends one series trying desperately to get home, and the second getting so much into the swing of living in the 70s that when he finally does get back home, he hates it and goes back to the 70s to be with the love-interest and GENE HUNT! THEN THEY LEFT THE SHOW AT THAT BECAUSE LESS IS MORE! In A2A, Alex Drake is a police psychologist in 2008 who gets shot in the head and wakes up in 1981 - she's been reading up on Sam Tyler's reports of the world of the 70s, so when she realises that in her coma world Gene Hunt and his cronies are all there too, she assumes her brain's assimilated Sam's fantasy and built it's own on those grounds. Again, she spends the first series desperate to get home, and the second getting into it (though she wants to get home more than Sam did, she's got a kid - cue much talking to the aforementioned kid through a television, etc).

As you can probably imagine from reading that, it's a GLORIOUS premise for a show but not one that they can drag out especially. There's really only so many times you can hear someone say, "I need to get back home!" or "Shut up you, you're just a construct of my traumatised frontal lobe" and the like. The creators/writers had sense with LoM and ended it on a high - if they do the same with A2A, I don't think anyone will be complaining. So, them shagging meaning it's the end of the show is not just not a bad thing, it's a GOOD thing - if it means they can't carry on making it well, then maybe they'll have sense and stop making it at all. This ISN'T a show built for longevity, it's not like a bowl of porridge to start the day and keep you ticking over until dinner - it's a breakfast of ice-cream, syrup and sprinkles, a mad and gorgeous burst of energy that won't last but will put you in a good mood.

So they should FUUUUUUUCK!!!

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #96 on: June 06, 2009, 12:05:23 PM »

Yes, our ABC network tried to American-ize it this year....

I  never watched it,  but I assume  it was as  dismal as all the  other American
adaptations of good British TV (notable exception: Sanford and Son, but that's
because Redd Foxx was a comic genius...)

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #97 on: June 06, 2009, 12:48:18 PM »

Surely you mean American-ise? xD

Also, ew. Why would they do that?! And what about the Gene Genie?!

Pope Totalfrog

• twitter
« Reply #98 on: June 06, 2009, 08:50:04 PM »

I liked Life on Mars (the real version) but the American one was awful. Why can't American networks just screen the originals?

Alyss

« Reply #99 on: June 07, 2009, 01:58:07 AM »

Is that elitist I smell? Unless you're including yourself in the cull of course.

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #100 on: June 07, 2009, 02:02:27 AM »

Is that elitist I smell? Unless you're including yourself in the cull of course.
What's elitist?   All  we need is for people who disagree with  me to die now, before they pass on their
erroneous ways of thinking to another generation.  Then all the world can live in peace and happiness.

Alyss

« Reply #101 on: June 07, 2009, 02:02:57 AM »

Fool, only I have the truth and wisdom to live.

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #102 on: June 07, 2009, 02:03:33 AM »

Fool, only I have the truth and wisdom to live.
Fine, you can stay...   But try to keep the name-calling creative, ok?

The Angel Raliel

• ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #103 on: June 07, 2009, 02:07:09 AM »

oh no not elitist at all! no moral or cultural decisions on who gets culled.....
note the line... GENERAL AND NON-SPECIFIC CULLING OF HUMANITY

@raliel

Alyss

« Reply #104 on: June 07, 2009, 02:08:17 AM »

Then prepare to be hammered in thy face.

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #105 on: June 07, 2009, 06:40:18 AM »

Hey, guyz.... Ashes To Ashes is on tomorrow! Series finale! Omfg!

I'm actually seriously tempted to go back to bed and try to sleep away as much of the day as possible to make it get here sooner.

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #106 on: June 07, 2009, 12:55:50 PM »

oh no not elitist at all! no moral or cultural decisions on who gets culled.....
note the line... GENERAL AND NON-SPECIFIC CULLING OF HUMANITY
"Decimation"?   :)

×││[AngeliiKatt.]││×

• The Idealistic Irresponsible One.
  • Dolly, Dolly, Melancholy. <3//
    • My Myspazzz.
« Reply #107 on: July 31, 2009, 11:33:39 PM »

-When a piece of literature, or music stemming from an incompetent person becomes a 'Cult-hit' and/or gains an insanely large and rabid fan-base.
   [Twitards? Why, God, Why?]

-When a close friend of mine has a musical mood swing,
and instead of preserving the beauty that is their personality and individuality...
"Oh, I used to like her. Until I found real music."
"What is real music, X?"
"Bullet for My Valentine, Medic Droid, [Insert Generic Sounding Emo Band Here]..."
"Oh dear god, What have they done to you?!"

No offense to those who enjoy those types of bands,
It's the selling-out-to-be-apart-of-the-emo-movement...because 'they understand me'
That make me want to whip out every metal, black metal, punk, [Brechtian Punk Cabaret, for that matter] band or artist I know of, and show her//him that you don't have to listen to young boys with flippy haircuts talk about sucky childhoods to have music and lyrics you can relate to.

Shit, here, let me write you a song...

-Rogues.
[Do you play WoW? Or perhaps an MMORPG involving tank, DPS, Cleric and Caster-DPS type classes? If not, you might have a hard time understanding.]

To summarize this particular bit of STRONG DISLIKE:
"omg i r leet cuz mai crit iz so high lulul i pwn in teh beegees"
Or, more commonly seen, the "I think I'm smart" elitist rogue:
"I don't need stat weights and equivalences, I top every DPS chart I'm ever on, It's sad how you...blah blah blah blah blah..."

-Drunk 19 year olds who get picked up by their friends' mother and taken to a public pool, where they promptly proceed to spew their drunken, hateful slurs and spit on my boyfriend, then carry on with "I have friends in the [insert gang name here] who will [insert obscene expression of violence] you."

Stupid...should be illegal.
Or a disease.
Whose only cure is brutally painful brain-zapping.
..or something.
._.

-When someone pretends to be a gender that they are not.

I do not mean sex-change operations, or transvestites...No, god[dess] knows I'm not straight either, I have only love for my fellow LGBT's.

What I mean is...

"No, I swear I'm a chick, just talk to me on vent!"
-signs off and disappears for 6 months-

......???!

For some odd reason, I came across an INCREDIBLY manipulative person who insists on changing
"her" name, her picture...it's just..

"Say you're a dude.
it's fine you're gay.
Really.
You're starting to annoy me."

Lying about that sort of thing [in that way, the toxic, he-said, she-said crap]
only buries you in bullshit, if you value someone's friendship...
DON'T BE A FLAKE AND TRY TO BE SOMEONE YOU'RE NOT.

Grrrrr.

Okay, I'm calm.
End rant  ;D
"If wellness is this, what in hell's name is sickness?"
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8 [All]   Go Up