THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda is making Art with your support on Patreon. Join become a patron and help AFP make ALL THE THINGS.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  All   Go Down

Author Topic: The Campaign of Hate  (Read 26169 times)

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
Re: The Campaign of Hate
« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2009, 01:53:15 AM »

*murrs*  I like CVS.  They have cheap candies.

I also miss Los Angeles, because there's such a diverse group of people there.  I've ONLY lived in diverse areas for my entire life (been in L.A. my entire life), went to the most diverse school in the district, and now I'm living in a place where it's some are white, some are black, and a couple are of Hispanic descent.

*blinks*  Well, I wouldn't move back to Hollywood, but I definitely can't wait to explore more of the East Coast by way of car.  Mmmmmm.

Umbrella -- I've never heard of a Bogan before.  *blinks*  Eh?  Whoa, whaaaat the fuck.  They sound worse than any Bible Belt Fundi I've ever known.  x_x

Pope Totalfrog

• AKA Arse Fez von Titty Biscuit
  • Queen of the wild (suburban) frontier.
    • twitter
« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2009, 04:46:02 AM »

Umbrella -- I've never heard of a Bogan before. 

They are the Aussie version of trailer trash.
Wow. Froggie's like a superhero...
Trick question: No matter how they're prepared, and how hungry you may be, tarantulas are NOT food

Andy Pants

• I'm a Roman Candle, my head is full of flames.
« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2009, 01:10:36 AM »

If we were all the same, with nothing interesting and different to bring to the table, the world would be a fucking boring place.

You're missing the point. The differences between people are idealogical. And ideas are not genetic.

As for the rest of your comments nothing that you have said has contradicted or rebutted any of my arguments in any way.

I fail to see why you keep responding to my posts in such a disrespectful way when we agree with one another on many of these points. And you are being disrespectful. In fact you initiated the whole negative tone of this discussion with your 'padded walls' comment. I see this evidence that you can't tolerate my perspective and not the other way around.

"There is no one right way to live."
— Daniel Quinn (Ishmael)

Stop telling everyone else otherwise. I like the way I see race and culture, back off and stop telling me I'm wrong.

I'm sorry? When did I say any such thing? I didn't set out to tell or prove to anyone that they were wrong. Merely to share my personal perspective on a topic of discussion to which I've been treated to nasty unintelligible attempts at insults by many of you. If my ideas are threatening to you maybe that's just because they have an element of truth to them. Or because you don't like thinking about or re-evaluating the value-systems that hold or why you hold them. I think you'll find that in the inauguration thread I repeatedly stated that race was a subjective concept open to individual interpretation. If you want to consider it a defining characteristic of a person, along with all the random ideas that you associate with it, then you go right ahead. As I've said before, you can do whatever you want precious. I personally don't think of it as partcularly important. And unless you're associating it with the concept of heritage or nationality I see it as meaningless. And that's my fucking right.
reality doesn't give a damn about our plans.

Quote from: Henry Rollins
Cynicism in nothing but intellectual cowardice. It's basically you not taking the time to deal with what is

ratsforcandy

• FbFb
« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2009, 01:16:51 AM »

I'm sorry? When did I say any such thing? I didn't set out to tell or prove to anyone that they were wrong. Merely to share my personal perspective on a topic of discussion to which I've been treated to nasty unintelligible attempts at insults by many of you. If my ideas are threatening to you maybe that's just because they have an element of truth to them. Or because you don't like thinking about or re-evaluating the value-systems that hold or why you hold them. I think you'll find that in the inauguration thread I repeatedly stated that race was a subjective concept open to individual interpretation. If you want to consider it a defining characteristic of a person, along with all the ideas that you associate with it, then you go right ahead. As I've said before, you can do whatever you want precious. I personally don't think of it as partcularly important. And unless you're associating it with the concept of heritage or nationality I see it as meaningless. And that's my fucking right.

I'm done with arguing with you. You come off condescending as shit, and so impersonable. The way you write is so annoying, you sound like a robot, it just doesn't sound how people talk day to day. This isn't a debate competition, so calm down, come back down to earth, and maybe start talking like a normal person, and people will be more open to what you're saying. I'm not getting offended by what you're saying, I'm not even looking into what you're saying anymore, because you've more than beat the dead horse. I know you're point, cool, whatever, but you keep preaching. And don't all this shit "I didn't set out to tell or prove to anyone that they were wrong. Merely to share my personal perspective on a topic of discussion to which I've been treated to nasty unintelligible attempts at insults by many of you." and then earlier in the same post say "you have said has contradicted or rebutted any of my arguments in any way." You're arguing, talking down, and being a dick with your words. You said it yourself you're arguing your perspective. Get out of here, we get what you think. It's over and move on.

Andy Pants

« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2009, 01:38:26 AM »

I'm done with arguing with you.
GOOD!

You come off condescending as shit, and so impersonable.
Is it condescending to point out when you are wrong?
Especially when you're making baseless attacks on my character?

The way you write is so annoying, you sound like a robot, it just doesn't sound how people talk day to day.
Your illitercay is not my problem.

You're arguing, talking down, and being a dick with your words.
I  could say the same to all of you.

You said it yourself you're arguing your perspective.
Believe it or not an argument can actually be civil. I am not resposnible for this discussion becomming an argument and I am not responsible for the nasty negative turn it has taken as an argument.

Get out of here
I don't believe I've said anything which requires me to leave.

I know you're point, cool... We get what you think.
You could have simply said that in the first place instead of all being insulting and intolerant.

It's over and move on.
Read what you just wrote again. Same to you bitch.

Cynicism in nothing but intellectual cowardice. It's basically you not taking the time to deal with what is

Kovacs

« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2009, 01:53:09 AM »

I  could say the same to all of you.

Probably true, I'll give you that.

Believe it or not an argument can actually be civil. I am not resposnible for this discussion becomming an argument and I am not responsible for the nasty negative turn it has taken as an argument.

You are, because you were posting in the wrong place to have such a discussion. It was a congratulation thread for the historical event. Yeah, people are going to get annoyed when you go off on a race rant in a place it doesn't belong. Your fault, not ours.

I don't believe I've said anything which requires me to leave.

Absolutely true.

You could have said that in the first place instead of being insulting, intolerant and condecending.

I said it at least three times in the previously mentioned thread. You never addressed me once. Which, like I said later, is what made it so hilarious. You were parroting things others had said, and it was obvious you weren't even bothering to read what was going on. Your points were made moot, and you just kept saying them.

Read what you just wrote again. Same to you bitch.

You jumped in here saying some pretty offensive things about Americans in general. It's obvious that you're still burnt from the prior thread. So yeah, get over it.

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2009, 01:54:00 AM »

The way you write is so annoying, you sound like a robot, it just doesn't sound how people talk day to day.

Your illitercay is not my problem.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

The first post I've found amusing in this whole pointless argument thread.

Now please tell me you people really are done?  KTHXBYE
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

Andy Pants

« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2009, 01:59:29 AM »

You jumped in here saying some pretty offensive things about Americans in general.

If you got this impression than I do actual apologise. I only meant what I said as an interesting cross-cultural observation. I did not intend it to be construed as criticism and certainly did not meant it to be taken as an insult.

I wouldn't dare criticise Gods people. /Jks.

Goodbye-Umbrella

« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2009, 04:51:01 AM »

*murrs*  I like CVS.  They have cheap candies.

I also miss Los Angeles, because there's such a diverse group of people there.  I've ONLY lived in diverse areas for my entire life (been in L.A. my entire life), went to the most diverse school in the district, and now I'm living in a place where it's some are white, some are black, and a couple are of Hispanic descent.

*blinks*  Well, I wouldn't move back to Hollywood, but I definitely can't wait to explore more of the East Coast by way of car.  Mmmmmm.

Umbrella -- I've never heard of a Bogan before.  *blinks*  Eh?  Whoa, whaaaat the fuck.  They sound worse than any Bible Belt Fundi I've ever known.  x_x

i like cheap candies too! :D i still dont know what cvs is though :(

exploring can be fun!

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2009, 12:37:53 PM »

If we were all the same, with nothing interesting and different to bring to the table, the world would be a fucking boring place.

You're missing the point. The differences between people are idealogical. And ideas are not genetic.

As for the rest of your comments nothing that you have said has contradicted or rebutted any of my arguments in any way.

I fail to see why you keep responding to my posts in such a disrespectful way when we agree with one another on many of these points. And you are being disrespectful. In fact you initiated the whole negative tone of this discussion with your 'padded walls' comment. I see this evidence that you can't tolerate my perspective and not the other way around.

Nah dude, you just stuffed a bunch of words in my mouth after the padded walls comment, and then expected to have a civil conversation after that.  Then you called me racist, and then stuffed a fuckton more words into my mouth.  Newsflash, it's going to get negative, when you start telling people what's you think is right...is the only kind of right.  Also, backpeddling by saying we agree?  Lmao.

The way you speak and respond (in my opinion) proves that you require some therapy.

Umbrella!  CVS is a chain of stores out here that's sometimes open 24 hours, and sometimes not.  They have all sorts of neat things in them for day to day life, a bit of food, and a pharmacy.  They're kinda like convenience stores, and kinda not.  x_x

Goodbye-Umbrella

« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2009, 05:35:11 PM »

Umbrella!  CVS is a chain of stores out here that's sometimes open 24 hours, and sometimes not.  They have all sorts of neat things in them for day to day life, a bit of food, and a pharmacy.  They're kinda like convenience stores, and kinda not.  x_x

oh how strange, but pretty cool! i work at just a normal pharmacy... not some fancy 24 convience store one... but we do sell candy! :D

the CAPS guy

• Died at 672
« Reply #71 on: May 29, 2009, 04:20:09 AM »

i hate racism... and there's one thing i hate more than a racist.... people of the same race being racist with each other. i.e. rich people with poor people, beauty people with ugly people, that's disgusting, is there another word worse than disgusting?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmHAYjxzLcM" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmHAYjxzLcM</a>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmHAYjxzLcM&feature=PlayList&p=3992D77BAEB3CEEC&index=4

The Angel Raliel

• ...looked the other way when a third of them fell
  • ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #72 on: May 29, 2009, 04:33:52 AM »

to sum up...........
bigotry and ignorance= wrong
celebration and embracing of diversity= right
One should always be a little improbable.

@raliel

Alyss

« Reply #73 on: May 29, 2009, 06:39:54 PM »

to sum up...........
bigotry and ignorance= wrong
celebration and embracing of diversity= right
What a thoroughly boring world you're imagining.

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #74 on: May 30, 2009, 08:08:48 AM »

Ok, fuck it, I'm going there. I know I'm gonna get flamed for this (or at least, I expect to get flamed for this, though if people are gonna be nice and lovely about and let stick to the rules though then again maybe I expect to be flamed because I think I deserve to be flamed and if I deserve it maybe I shouldn't ask you not to? I don't know. Anyway...) but here goes:

I hate fat people.

I mean really, really hate them. What the FUCK are they doing using up my air? I don't mean people carrying a couple extra pounds, I mean really grossly obese people who frankly can just fuck the fuck off. If you have to have help washing under the folds of your flab, if you can't walk up the stairs, if you really are That Fucking Fat then you're a disgrace to yourself and to the human race.

I also hate that surgery like gastric bypasses and bands and stuff are free on the NHS - this is NOT fair. Exercise and diet will fix them - it'll be horribly hard, yes, but that's their own damn fault for getting into such a repulsive state that they're in now. If someone wants to change badly enough, then they will, it's just a matter of not eating a load of shit and actually walking places. If a person can't be bothered taking the time, and they feel like they want a quick fix, then they should pay for it themselves. It actually makes me feel quite unwell thinking about them, seriously. And it's one thing to be a grown person and taking responsibilty for your own eating habits and screwing about with them there, but then there's these parents who let their kids balloon to an unfathomable size - it's as good as child abuse, you're not looking after your child, you're not taking care of it's needs or doing what's best for them. It might be stressfull, trying to get an unmotivated kid to go and play sport, and it might be so much easier to just bung a couple of burgers and chips down their throats than make them a decent meal, or to let them eat when they want instead of putting up with them whining at you, but it is NOT ok to let a child get that fucking fat that they can't even hardly walk. Quite apart from the physical side of things, they're going to get abused and teased to fuck for the rest of their lives, which will only leave them with zero self-esteem. If they don't learn proper eating habits from their parents, they never will.

URGH. Fat people are fucking disgusting.

/rant.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  All   Go Up