THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

One of the most important things you will ever do (as a fan of AFP, at least): Sign up for THE MAILING LIST!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lebanon  (Read 1714 times)

J_Beck

• Only G-d Can Judge Me
Lebanon
« on: May 09, 2008, 04:31:39 PM »

So this morning I was watching the news and Hezbollah has taken over half of the city of Beirut. The story got all of five minutes of the two hours I had the TV going on CNN, but we got to hear about people calling Hillary Clinton. The next president of the United States for five or 10 minutes every half hour.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080509/ap_on_re_mi_ea/lebanon;_ylt=AtDuCPcbzjzLP.EaXwEABHhI2ocA
"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."

virtual~mary

• The Bewitched
Re: Lebanon
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 02:23:41 PM »

hey now, hill paid good money for that coverage and the "t" word will be tossed around plenty after the primaries.

besides, white house spokesperson gordon johndroe said "the u.s. is consulting with other governments in the region and with the u.n. security council about measures to hold those responsible for the fighting accountable."

so relax.

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 04:40:58 PM »

I hate to have to be the one to tell you, but White House spokespeople for the current Prez
have also said:
-We oppose an International War Crimes Tribunal because Americans would be subjected to
 politically-motivated baseless prosecutions, and besides, we'll bring the full wieght of law to
 bear on an American who commits such crimes (you know, torture, kidnapping, indiscriminate
 shooting into unarmed crowds...).

-We will not tolerate any security leaks.  The people responsible for releasing classified information
 will be found and punished...  Except for that Plame thing;  we may never know exactly who leaked
 that...  despite our best efforts...  really, I have Top Men working on that.  TOP Men...
 ...What?  You're still here?  Ok, look, how 'bout I throw one of Uncle Dick's goons under the bus?
 Will that make you happy?

As it turns out, and boy was I shocked to hear it, our President and Vice President, and their entire
Administration, seem to have a little problem distinguishing the subtle shadings between a discreet
deception and flagrant obvious Bovine Scat.
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 04:56:18 PM »

[re-rail]
Sorry 'bout that.
As you were saying, Lebanon is in a precarious balance between the stability made possible by at
least tacit acceptance of Israel's existence, and the bombed-out rubble that som often ensues
when militant groups play the pipsqueak card and kick the Zionists in the shin.  Sadly, I think they
may do it more for internal political gain than any actual sense of fighting Israeli domination.

I don't have a solution.  I sure hope someone does.

Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 01:04:18 AM »

My fave Human League song, btw.  :glasses9:

jdfu!

The King of Carrot Flowers

• 67 Indja Points
    • Surviving in a World of Stylish Peril
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2008, 01:17:58 PM »

I live near a city in NH called Lebanon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up