THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Like" Amanda? Be sure to Zuckerberg-that-shit, and show her on Facebook... (The Dolls' Facebook is HERE)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SHADOWBOX DISCUSSION FORUM!  (Read 2039 times)

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
THE SHADOWBOX DISCUSSION FORUM!
« on: May 11, 2008, 03:55:17 AM »

last time i saw drop shadow used that poorly on an image was deviantart.com. and the resolution doesn't even match the rest of the forum. why does this header now exist? i didn't even know there was an Ugly Stick brush on Photoshop. wait no, lemme guess...it was done with N00b Shop Pro!

~prepares to dodge tomatoes and defense mechanisms~

BATTEREDxBRIDExLUVR!

Re: THE SHADOWBOX DISCUSSION FORUM!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 09:39:22 AM »

last time i saw drop shadow used that poorly on an image was deviantart.com. and the resolution doesn't even match the rest of the forum. why does this header now exist? i didn't even know there was an Ugly Stick brush on Photoshop. wait no, lemme guess...it was done with N00b Shop Pro!

~prepares to dodge tomatoes and defense mechanisms~
I do not want to live to archive my own life.
I see it everywhere around me, especially with the popularity of web diaries, forums, and cell phones that take pictures.
I do not want to fall into the subtle trap of truly believing I Blog Therefore I Am.
amanda, 2005-04-15

~Louise~

• ...just little old me...
    • Myspace
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 09:40:45 AM »

yeh i agree, i dont like the font at all
~sczond~ on the old box

Bill H

• Shadowbox Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 11:32:45 AM »

As I stated before, it is still being worked on.  It is early to be weighing in with opinions of any kind and the final say on this goes to Amanda, sorry...

dangerpants

• I'd sell your heart to the junkman for a buck.
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 11:47:50 AM »

Absolutely not!! I don't care if she's the singer/songwriter/pianist, she shouldn't have any say on her own forum!! This is ridiculous. Next, your gon' say that women should get to vote and wear pants and get paid as much as men. *scoff*

(But seriously, I can't wait to see the final product... Do you know who's designing it?)
So in conclusion it wasn't all the sex you were having, it was his suspicion that you were a vagina elf drug dealer.

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 06:07:41 PM »

now now Danger, let's turn that cynicism frown upsidedown....into a sarcastic snerk.

and see? i knew i wasn't alone. and banner. it's called a banner these days, eh? eh? banners can be anywhere on a page, though....so eh. still a header in my book.

Junkyard Willie

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2008, 06:14:06 PM »

Glad you aren't alone, lord knows you need people to jump behind when a difference arises because you sure as fuck can't stand on your own two feet without some sort of peer validation. 

now now Danger, let's turn that cynicism frown upsidedown....into a sarcastic snerk.

and see? i knew i wasn't alone. and banner. it's called a banner these days, eh? eh? banners can be anywhere on a page, though....so eh. still a header in my book.

Kovacs

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2008, 06:17:14 PM »

I really like the new banner, for what it's worth.  :icon_rr:

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2008, 07:46:47 PM »

Glad you aren't alone, lord knows you need people to jump behind when a difference arises because you sure as fuck can't stand on your own two feet without some sort of peer validation. 

and yet, Kovacs proves you wrong....

but, you know, Bill H, it's all because CADDY'S A BIGOT! LOOK EVERYBODY! HOLY SHIT SHE SAID THIS ONE THING A WHILE AGO ON THIS FORUM, THAT ISN'T EVEN THIS ONE, AND OMG SHE'S A TOTAL FUCKING BIGOT EVERYBODY ATTACK!

~snickers~

but no, seriously, some people agree not because it's me, but because i really does look bad -in some people's opinions-. god, it's a sad day when you have to specify for some people that it's only an opinion, and i'm only an internet person, and i can't hurt you. you act like we all had a bonfire about this thing, and decided to come after you. Bill H, you created the thing, didn't you? you and Sean?

cecilbdemented

• High Priest, The Church of the Freedom of Punk Cabaret Founded 2007
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2008, 03:14:03 AM »

:tearyeyed:I,too, believed this was an open forum, to allow people to express their opinion, thoughts,etc. Now, it seems that if someone has something "negative"  to say , in any way, we are then the enemy. Punk Cabaret is supposed to represent freedom,right? :violent5:Is that freedom only for a certain group of people?
 :brave: :brave: :brave: :brave: People can chew me out, call me whatever they like...create threads with my name in them, and just let me have it on a daily basis.
That seems to be no problem. However, this is called The Dresden Dolls FORUM.....and I get slaughtered for expressing my opinions and thoughts. If this is a forum, in the true sense of the word, then you have to take the good with the bad. :headbang:
If this is merely a "Mutual Admiration Society", then call it that.
....btw...I like the new font.....
"AVE SATANAS! Dr.Anton S. LaVey R.I.P 1930-1997   Yours In Insanity, The Rev. Cecil B. Demented,High Priest of The Church of The Freedom of Punk Cabaret.Founded 2007,Phoenix, AZ.

Kovacs

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2008, 03:31:52 AM »

:tearyeyed:I,too, believed this was an open forum, to allow people to express their opinion, thoughts,etc. Now, it seems that if someone has something "negative"  to say , in any way, we are then the enemy. Punk Cabaret is supposed to represent freedom,right? :violent5:Is that freedom only for a certain group of people?
 :brave: :brave: :brave: :brave: People can chew me out, call me whatever they like...create threads with my name in them, and just let me have it on a daily basis.
That seems to be no problem. However, this is called The Dresden Dolls FORUM.....and I get slaughtered for expressing my opinions and thoughts. If this is a forum, in the true sense of the word, then you have to take the good with the bad. :headbang:

People often make this arguement when it comes to freedom on forums. "I can say whatever I want".

Indeed, you can. And anyone else can call you a dick for saying said things, if they believe so. Especially if your posts and actions have indicated as such.

Guess what? You havent' been banned. Nor, to my knowledge, have your posts been deleted. You got to express yourself. You're just pissed that you got a negative response.

The freedom of you to express yourself is coupled with the freedom of people to react to it. Suck it up.

Bill H

• Shadowbox Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2008, 04:02:18 AM »

Boo fucking hoo.  If it were that oppressive here I would have banned you the moment you bulletined myspace talking shit about the band, Beth and myself as well as telling people to "spread the word" that the Dolls shit on their fans.  That bulletin was an admirable move on your part, very mature!  Trying to turn people against the band is not very nice and is a good way to wear out your welcome here on their message board, although I'm not sure why you would want to stay given that "the creation has reached it's peak.....and they really won't go much further than they have".  If I were you and I wanted to work with other bands I wouldn't be sending out bulletins like that as it could seriously harm your chances of gaining trust. I can assure you that most bands will think twice about hiring someone who behaves in that manner.

Cheers,
"some ego-driven Shadowbox Hero Member or some shit"

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2008, 04:51:56 AM »

HAX! KEKEKEKEKEKE.

no, seriously. i don't mind the font myself, i just think the whole thing would look better if it weren't floating above the background. and the drop shadow also kind of blacks out Amanda and Brian's name, making the edges choppy, and hard to read for those with worse eyes. i also think that restating their names in the logo is redundant. most people who come here are aware that this is Brian and Amanda's forum, as they comprise the Dresden Dolls.

and because of how the font is spaced and displayed, it makes it look like there should be something else up there, but instead there is an empty white space that has yet to be filled. actually, if you were going to put up their names, i would put The Shadowbox on one side and make it look, somehow, wider. another font that expands further, without being big and clunky, would probably do it, perhaps. and in smaller font in the corner, i would maybe put their names and the name of the group, ....if it has to be there. right now, it looks like everything is scrunched into one side, and inorganic. maybe inconsistent is a better word.

i think the reason the other one looked so nice, was because of the way the name was spaced, and the simplicity. simplicity is always best.

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2008, 05:34:26 PM »

...i also think that restating their names in the logo is redundant. most people who come here are aware that this is Brian and Amanda's forum, as they comprise the Dresden Dolls.
I have no strong feelings about the appearance of the new thing, nor as to what that thing
should be called.  (Banner?  Header?  does it matter, as long as everyone knows what you're talking about?)

But this part at least makes very good sense to me.  As Amanda does more solo/collaborative stuff, and
Brian spends more time with NIN World/Inferno, whoever...  this is a place to discuss all of that.

Sure, you and I know about that, but someone new to the board might not.

Whatever becomes of the [whatever it is] I think the names are a good add.
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?
Pages: [1]   Go Up