THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda's got a blog. If blogs could talk, it'd ask you to read it. It might even say "please."

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: MOVED  (Read 18818 times)

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
MOVED
« on: May 11, 2008, 04:46:46 AM »

that was not a suggestion thread. i was openly mocking the designer and their style. what you do with the header is your own deal.

but no, srsly. it's so bad looking, it's like being insulted by an image. whoever designed it must have been reading Photoshop 5 for Dummies. unless...expressing a dislike for something is not allowed in these here parts.

85283-071

• tangentrification on a stick
  • M?ust We? Thro?b
Re: MOVED
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 07:56:33 AM »

I feel compelled to add that I was similarly tempted to place a critique of the new BANNER in this section. I know it is forum related and, in turn, Dolls related, but... nyert, nyert, NYERT, NYERRRT!!!

I was actually thinking of starting a question thread, asking where on the forum I could find information on the member composition of the Dresden Dolls band. Yesssssss... where O where could that beeeee?

...a little concerned about your sensibilities.

dangerpants

• I'd sell your heart to the junkman for a buck.
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 11:20:56 AM »

...I hate it too... But I'm ignoring it.

OOOH!! WE SHOULD HAVE A CONTEST FOR WHO CAN DESIGN THE BEST BANNER!!
I'm gon' win.  :uglystupid2:
So in conclusion it wasn't all the sex you were having, it was his suspicion that you were a vagina elf drug dealer.

BATTEREDxBRIDExLUVR!

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 11:23:28 AM »

...I hate it too... But I'm ignoring it.

OOOH!! WE SHOULD HAVE A CONTEST FOR WHO CAN DESIGN THE BEST BANNER!!
I'm gon' win.  :uglystupid2:
I like that idea.
I do not want to live to archive my own life.
I see it everywhere around me, especially with the popularity of web diaries, forums, and cell phones that take pictures.
I do not want to fall into the subtle trap of truly believing I Blog Therefore I Am.
amanda, 2005-04-15

Mr. Anagrammatism

• YES WE CAN !!!!
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 11:38:58 AM »

Duuudes: just let them hang up their shingle and try to sell some records.

dangerpants

• I'd sell your heart to the junkman for a buck.
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 11:44:40 AM »

Yaawn, at your age, you should know how ungroovy shingles are.
So in conclusion it wasn't all the sex you were having, it was his suspicion that you were a vagina elf drug dealer.

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2008, 01:16:33 PM »

pwned!!

jdfu!

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2008, 01:16:57 PM »

I was actually thinking of starting a question thread, asking where on the forum I could find information on the member composition of the Dresden Dolls band. Yesssssss... where O where could that beeeee?
As far as that goes, I think just possibly the idea is to be sure everyone knows that these boards
include matters related not simply to the combined entity that is The Dresden Dolls, but also the
many solo, side, and outside-collaborative projects of the component members of that original.

That said, I really don't particularly love the new banner...  Maybe just because it's "new" and I
generally prefer established/traditional/familiar.
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

lunazuga

• Isn't really a
  • formerly citrusandlimes
    • dA
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2008, 03:57:24 PM »

I second the new design contest.

Partially because I'm gonna win.
I'm afraid that if you look at a thing long enough, it looses all its meaning--Warhol
Don't push that cartridge inside me, 'cause I'll push back--just wait and see.

fairytalevegas

• FairytaleVegas.com
  • Party on the Intern!?
    • My Photography Website
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2008, 04:13:52 PM »

Actually, it WOULD BE the correct section.

Questions, Complaints, Suggestions....
Got advice for the mods? Need advice from the mods? Wanna discuss the state of the Box? This is the place.

Quote from: gargantuan
Quote from: Cheddars Cousin
MASS KISSED A BOY! :o
GARGANTUAN KISSED A GIRL! :O haha!

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2008, 05:16:59 PM »

oh man. MASS is da man with tha plan.

anywho, sorry, i should be calling them banners, but header is what i used to call them in my old communities on MSN. and i like the sound of header, better, but whatever. banner, header, same difference. it's still ridiculously atrocious, nor will i waste time designing them a better one.

indeciSEAN

• Das Ruling Klass
  • Rise of The Cephalobot!
    • Twitter
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2008, 05:38:03 PM »

anywho, sorry, i should be calling them banners, but header is what i used to call them in my old communities on MSN. and i like the sound of header, better, but whatever. banner, header, same difference. it's still ridiculously atrocious, nor will i waste time designing them a better one.

But you'll waste your time flailing about like a wounded bird -- for no fucking reason -- on an internet forum. I certainly don't give a shit about your "opinion" and I imagine most others don't, but when it's wanted, you'll know -- 'till then why not post where you're supposed to post, and tone down the fellow-member-bashing. Or at least learn to have sensical jabs. Is this so onlookers can watch you wallow in drama? Is that why discussing the "logo image" (banner, header, call it whatever the hell you want but the correct input field in the code is "logo image") is productive in your eyes, but doing something in private where you have no audience is a "waste of time"?

Junkyard Willie

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2008, 05:40:13 PM »

How very mature and productive!  Caddy, do you ever look over your posts here and think "Wow, I come off like a vindictive simpleton who has little to offer of my own other than lovey dovey jibberish and random insults.  I seem to have a pattern of insulting people and then making a dismissive comment and getting the hell out of the thread.  It doesn't seem like I can really hold up my end of a conversation once things get too involved.  I've kissed the right asses to where I am no longer a punching bag (phew!) and I have some supporters (though I have to wonder if people genuinely respect me or simply have my back because I have theirs), but if I'm gonna roll like that maybe I should use my time to develop a more dynamic personality and/or opinions that I can actually *back up* with intellect, rather than trying to bring others down to my level of insignificance and pettiness.  Barring that, I should at least develop some *wit* to go along with my insults.  I don't really do the whole "catty" thing as well as others, most of my insults are clumsy and reveal my lack of creativity.  It's probably time that I tried this whole 'becoming an adult' thing."?  Just curious.  Maybe give it a try if you haven't yet?   

i was openly mocking the designer and their style.

Bill H

• Shadowbox Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2008, 05:41:58 PM »

This is precisely the reason, thanks for catching that :)

As far as that goes, I think just possibly the idea is to be sure everyone knows that these boards
include matters related not simply to the combined entity that is The Dresden Dolls, but also the
many solo, side, and outside-collaborative projects of the component members of that original.

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2008, 06:19:49 PM »

But you'll waste your time flailing about like a wounded bird -- for no fucking reason -- on an internet forum. I certainly don't give a shit about your "opinion" and I imagine most others don't, but when it's wanted, you'll know -- 'till then why not post where you're supposed to post, and tone down the fellow-member-bashing. Or at least learn to have sensical jabs. Is this so onlookers can watch you wallow in drama? Is that why discussing the "logo image" (banner, header, call it whatever the hell you want but the correct input field in the code is "logo image") is productive in your eyes, but doing something in private where you have no audience is a "waste of time"?

i have no clue what you're getting at here. ~scratches her head~ flailing like a wounded bird? my "opinion". yeah, you're right. it is my opinion, and i am free to give it anytime i so please, to anybody i so please, any place i so please, and anywhere for any reason i so please, whenever i choose to. if you don't like it, ...go whine at somebody else, because i don't give a shit.

i guess we all know who's the designer of the header now! awwww, looks like Sean got a wittle biddy scratch on his wittle biddy heart so badly, he had to make an appearance for wittle old me, and try so deparately, with all the grace of a flailing bird, to put me "in my place". my place....is that, like....a kitchen where i'm barefoot, cooking like Betty Crocker, but looking like Donna Reid?

anyway, i find it kind of funny that you attacked me PERSONALLY, because i attacked a PICTURE. not a person, but a picture. if it means that much to you.....it still stinks.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All   Go Up