THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Want some free music? Most of AFP's discography (as well as The Dolls, side-projects, and more) is available for free+donation on Bandcamp

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 19 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weight Loss...  (Read 42630 times)

The King of Carrot Flowers

• 67 Indja Points
    • Surviving in a World of Stylish Peril
Weight Loss...
« on: May 16, 2008, 07:15:17 PM »

Anybody willing to give a poor fat sack of intelligence some advice on losing weight?

For those of you more experienced in the field:

I'm 15 years of age
approx. 189 pounds in weight
six feet in height
and male.

I don't know... I'm just lookin' for some advice.

Kovacs

Re: Weight Loss...
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 07:22:57 PM »

That doesn't really seem that overweight to me, to be honest. Do you want to actually drop pounds or are you just looking to be more fit? Shawn probably has some good info for the latter, and possibly some for the former.

I mean, I got what I do, but it's just general stuff. Exercise, eat decently, etc.

Cheddars Cousin

• I'm no Gouda
  • Legendairy
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 09:23:20 PM »

Stay away from me and my friends!

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 11:15:50 PM »

Let's see...  my height, 35 pounds lighter...

I could stand to shed a pound or two, but I'm not that over-allowance...

I'm no doctor, but I'd say what you need isn't weight-loss, it's muscle tone. 
Tighten everything up a little and you'll feel like a new man.  (No, I don't mean
pack on 20 pounds of lean muscle mass, just tone what you've already got.)

So:  watch what you eat.  Avoid processed/sweetened foods.  Eat more fresh fruit.
Even if you don't want to go vegetarian, cut way back on meat intake.

Get regular exercise.
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

murmur

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 11:38:28 PM »

Start walking(even if its around the block or park in the back of a parking lot) and drink lots and lots of water. Stay hydrated and you will lose water weight fast. Plus your skin will feel better.

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 11:52:39 PM »

Follow-up question:
You're 15, right?  Do you take school-based gym/phys-ed/whatever?
Do you participate in any extracurricular activities in that vein?

If not, you might consider it.  Maybe an intramural sport of some sort...
Have fun, meet new people, get exercise, without the stresses of the
more competetive interscholastic sports.

Johnny

• Get your leather on
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2008, 12:05:03 AM »

honestly,

if you want to change you lifestyle

and start eating a low carbohydrate intake

you will lose major
weight

i didn't eat any starch/bread for two weeks and lost a pound a day!
it was incredible

i would eat like, two huge bowls of taco salad with like a half a taco shell and that would be my only carb intake

ofcourse you're supposed to balance your diet

very low carbs
high green veggies
and protein- mostly stuff like grilled chicken and fish
and then dairy foods like cheese and yogurt, but watch the yogurt

and of course exercise like 3 days a week.
but..i didn't AT ALL

you have to gradually start eating more and more carbs until you find that amount you can eat without gaining anyweight. but gradual is key

i realize that you most likely wont need to do anything this drastic but for anyone else that is reading
I don't have low self esteem. I just have low esteem for everyone else.

J_Beck

• Only G-d Can Judge Me
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2008, 12:09:09 AM »

Anybody willing to give a poor fat sack of intelligence some advice on losing weight?

I'm 15 years of age
six feet in height
and male.

A2-week vacation down to Fort Dix Army post in New Jersey. Waking up at five o'clock in the morning or physical training, including calisthenics and a 1.5 mile run. Marching all over the base, a few hours of drill a day, and the lovely obstacle course(they are lots of fun to do with bruised ribs). But you do have to study and take a lot of courses from the United States air forces NCO Academy. That took me from 190 to 170. When I was 15.

I went from 170, around 145 from mono. That worked well, but I don't recommend it

In-line skating, a few hours a day. Always works. When I was 15 to 19 I ate McDonald's or Taco Bell or Wendy's every day and lost weight. Exercise is key

But beyond what I said without knowing what you look like there's no way to judge proper weight. At 5'11 and 190 I was in great shape (had a tiny bit of fat on the belly but I had that after living on an IV and being 145. That just with me) it's all about BMI
"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."

J_Beck

• Only G-d Can Judge Me
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2008, 12:16:52 AM »

honestly,

you will lose major
weight

it was incredible

i would eat like, two huge bowls of taco salad with like a half a taco shell and that would be my only carb intake

very low carbs
high green veggies

but..i didn't AT ALL

you have to gradually start eating more and more carbs until you find that amount you can eat without gaining anyweight. but gradual is key

i realize that you most likely wont need to do anything this drastic but for anyone else that is reading

I'm against this type of dieting for many reasons. Personally with my diet I lose weight when I start back on eating my own food which is very high carbo lots of veggies and a little protein mixed in with regular exercise. Also, 7 pounds a week is not an amount of weight loss, which is safe. Also at that rate you'll get lovely stretch marks most likely in which case hopefully you're not fair skinned, a friend of mine got them and they are red.
As for the taco salad. There is a reason. It's mentioned in their real American hero commercials. Nothing like a 700-2000 calorie salad, ground beef and cheese, isn't so healthy not to mention being tryef  ;)

Just eat healthy a.k.a. limit greasy foods and soda all the common sense stuff. You could actually stay that weight (it's not an unhealthy weight for 6ft at all if in the right proportion of muscle versus fat) or gain weight slightly and become a lot healthier. Again, the biggest thing is your current body condition and where you want to go. Muscle mass BMI etc.
"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."

• 67 Indja Points
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2008, 01:08:06 PM »

To answer some of your questions:

My main goal is to build muscle mass, but I also wouldn't mind losing 20-25 pounds... just to, you know, slim down un peau.

Also, the only athletic teams I'm interested in are rugby and tennis: I don't have much in the way of muscles, so rugby might be a little difficult at present. Can't run very quickly (fast running would be good for both rugby AND tennis) and I don't have much upper arm strength.

Essentially, I want to build enough muscle so I don't end up killing myself by playing rugby and enough stamina so I can run a mile (or thereabouts) without any significant stopping.

murmur

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2008, 02:29:56 PM »

To answer some of your questions:

My main goal is to build muscle mass, but I also wouldn't mind losing 20-25 pounds... just to, you know, slim down un peau.

Also, the only athletic teams I'm interested in are rugby and tennis: I don't have much in the way of muscles, so rugby might be a little difficult at present. Can't run very quickly (fast running would be good for both rugby AND tennis) and I don't have much upper arm strength.

Essentially, I want to build enough muscle so I don't end up killing myself by playing rugby and enough stamina so I can run a mile (or thereabouts) without any significant stopping.

protein protein protein if you want muscle proooootttteeeiiiinnnnn

really get lots of it and work out with weights or jogging its a whole body work out mostly.

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2008, 06:32:46 PM »

Just one?  Hell, I can do that and I'm old and out-of-shape.

Anyhoo, it sounds like you've got something like a plan.
Good luck!

doritojoe89

• wishes he wasn't a
    • my space
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2008, 01:15:16 AM »

i'm SO tired of trying to lose weight...

i just want to live...

i wish i didn't have to worry about this stuff...

this thread is depressing...
mommy, i want to be a merch girl...

DONATE TO THE BELLY BOOK FUND HERE: http://rebellyon.chipin.com/rbellyon-book-funding  ALL DONATIONS ACCEPTED. $17.00 GETS YOU A COPY OF THE BOOK!!

dangerpants

• I'd sell your heart to the junkman for a buck.
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2008, 11:26:24 AM »

enough stamina so I can run a mile (or thereabouts) without any significant stopping.

Walk, then run. You can't just drink a protein shake and magically be able to run... But I'd say don't cut out carbs. Eat from the food pyramid (srsly), and jog every day. Stretch, take breaks, whatever you need to do in between. Eventually, you'll be able to run that mile no prob. I used to run two miles nonstop, and that was while I was a heavy smoker (packaday). I just kept tricking myself, saying "ok, I'll run to that spot, then I'll start jogging instead..." but when I actually got to that spot, I'd keep running and think "Nah, man, we're doin' so good, just keep running. I'll stop there." An endless cycle of fooling myself... Totally worked for me. Might not for you, I dunno.

Oh, and can you put a personal trainer in the budget? If not, just find a friend to run with. It's better that way, because there's no way for you to go "oh, no, I don't feel like it today."
And reward yourself.
So in conclusion it wasn't all the sex you were having, it was his suspicion that you were a vagina elf drug dealer.

$ethie

• Fo' five dollahs, I'll suck yo
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2008, 10:35:04 PM »

I can run a mile, and I'm twenty pounds overweight. And I smoke a pack a day.

I usually smoke while I'm running, just to piss off the exercise nazis. You know the type. Less than 5% bodyfat, designer tracksuit, ipod, not a fucking care in the world. Lazy fuckers, too. I work with one. I can still out run them, and blow smoke in their faces as I do it.
Quote from: .cadenza.
I DREAMT ABOUT HAVING A PENIS. I HAD FANTASIES OF STROKING MY PENIS. AS I DIE, I IMAGINE MYSELF BEING SLICED OPEN WITH A...~ACKBLOODDEATH~

• 67 Indja Points
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2008, 10:23:37 PM »

I CANNOT STAND TRACK SUITS!

I'd much rather just wear some gym shorts and T-shirt (maybe a hoody and some spandex as well, should it get cold) when I run.

I've decided that, starting when school ends for me, I'm going to kick into high gear and exercise and eat healthy shit like WHOA! Of course, I'll try to exercise more until then. I think I'm going to keep track of my weight and stamina from the end of school 'til the beginning of next school year.

My ULTIMATE goal: To be skinny enough so that, come Amber's birthday party, I can, without shame, tear off my shirt and dance a sexy dance to "Bück Dich" or "Du Hast".

The "learning to dance" thing will have to come separately.

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2008, 12:37:49 AM »

You may as well start on the "eating healthy shit" now, even if you don't have the time to
devote to regular exercise right now. 

Good luck with the dancing thing.  I never did get around to it.

• 67 Indja Points
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2008, 05:54:29 PM »

In case anyone was wondering: I don't mean, like, "professional dancing" or anything like that. Just random sexy dances.

Haushinka

• finally fell in love with THE WORLD.
  • SHOVE IT SHOVE IT SHOVE IT.
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2008, 06:39:44 PM »

I used to play rugby and I'm a scrawny girl with absolutely no weight to throw around. If you watch rugby, you will know that people of any body type can play. I was a hooker (don't laugh). I don't measure things in pounds, so I cna't tell if you really are overweight or not, but if you are a stouter getleman you can play scrum half.

That said, if it's muscle tone you're looking for, find a muay thai boxing class near you. I've been doing that for 4 years now and within a month of starting I noticed a huge difference in my stamina, strength and muscle tone. A training session is a full body work out, starting with stretches, cardio excercise, repeats, then onto stuff like shin conditioning and quite extreme muscle endurance. It's easy to start and you will progress quickly. Then you will quickly be in shape to play rugby. I know an 80 minute game can sound strenuous but the backwards passing rule means there isn't much speed running to be done except by the fly.
Yoshiki Vázquez Baeza.
Future husband.

Shawn

• Optimistic Pessimist
  • The Guy With The Blue Avatar
    • The Star Chamber
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2008, 09:39:36 AM »

honestly,

you will lose major
weight

it was incredible

very low carbs
high green veggies

but..i didn't AT ALL

1. It's not all about the carbs. It's about excessive calories of any type. With that said, ketogenic diets can work, but they're more difficult to pull off successfully, so one should be very well-read on the subject.

2. One pound a week is healthy. One pound a day is grounds for hospitalization, but thankfully, most of your weight loss likely came from reduced water weight due to your reduced carb intake.
What is a rebel? A man who says no. - Albert Camus

Shawn

• Optimistic Pessimist
  • The Guy With The Blue Avatar
    • The Star Chamber
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2008, 09:49:27 AM »

Oh, and to Agent Buckwald, you don't need to lose weight. In fact, you should probably gain some. I'm 5'10", 192 lb., and I certainly don't look fat, though a reduction of a few percentage points in my bodyfat level wouldn't be unwelcome.

Instead of worrying about losing weight, concern yourself with building muscle. Avoid eating too many more calories than is necessary, but don't undereat, or it'll just prevent you from building muscle, and your body will hang on to more of the bodyfat than you'd like.
What is a rebel? A man who says no. - Albert Camus

• 67 Indja Points
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2008, 02:56:14 PM »

Wednesday, 18 June 2008

Height: 6'0''
Weight: 190 lbs

Goal:
Weight: 160 lbs
By Wednesday, 13 August 2008

And... GO!

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2008, 02:59:20 PM »

Ah, Bucky, have you by any chance consulted a licensed physician about
this weight-loss plan?  Seriously, you may have the genetic material to be
healthy at 6' and 160, but for most people that's just too skinny.

• 67 Indja Points
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2008, 03:02:21 PM »

I may be stretching a little, but I'm setting what I think is my ideal weight; I'll judge and weigh as go on.

My main goal is to be thin enough to be a relatively good dancer (sorry if that sounds a little misguided; you don't need to be uber-skinny to be a good dancer, but difficult to word it otherwise). Also, if a satisfactory deal of my weight is lean muscle, than I won't consider not getting to 160 lbs as a "failure".

• 67 Indja Points
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2008, 03:04:26 PM »

Really, my only logic behind the whole "160 lbs" thing is the fact that this will be a ten-week period, and those crazy ladies on Weight Watchers seem able to lose approximately three pounds a week. 3 x 10 = 30.

That be my only justification.

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2008, 03:11:17 PM »

That's a bad comparison.  For starters, on average, a woman's body is fattier than a man's...
It's just the way we're put together.

Eh, it's been discussed...  here in this very thread.  Just be careful, and stay away from shit
like diuretics....  and if the opportunity presents itself, talk to a doctor about what an appropriate
lean weight for you is.  GL.

Shakti

• Poster girl for some suburban sickness
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2008, 04:24:39 PM »

to be thin enough to be a relatively good dancer

What does this mean?  Thin enough to not get winded easily?  To not jiggle unattractively on the dance floor?  To be able to lift waifs over your head like Barishnikov?  'Splain, please.
My own private highway from the cradle to the grave; I save a bundle skipping middle age and Saturdays.

___ampersand

• Just likes playing hospital.
  • I'm not the girl you think I am.
    • Shameless Plug
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2008, 06:36:03 PM »

I'm up 10, and need to go down 45.
Not for health reasons.
For purely narcissistic ones.
The kind who comes to poker pockets stuffed with kings and aces

• 67 Indja Points
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2008, 11:54:53 PM »

to be thin enough to be a relatively good dancer

What does this mean?  Thin enough to not get winded easily?  To not jiggle unattractively on the dance floor?  To be able to lift waifs over your head like Barishnikov?  'Splain, please.
Mostly the second one (actually, some of my really skinny friends still have a bit of jiggle, so I'm not sure if that is an entirely accurate representation of my how I view myself).

Basically, I will keep track of myself over the next ten weeks and decide when I am satisfied, but still keep exercising just to be healthy. WHOO!

guuurrrrrllltakeiteasy

• We accept the love we think we deserve
  • je veux ton coq
    • Mein YouTube
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2008, 09:15:25 PM »

I CANNOT STAND TRACK SUITS!

I'd much rather just wear some gym shorts and T-shirt (maybe a hoody and some spandex as well, should it get cold) when I run.

I've decided that, starting when school ends for me, I'm going to kick into high gear and exercise and eat healthy shit like WHOA! Of course, I'll try to exercise more until then. I think I'm going to keep track of my weight and stamina from the end of school 'til the beginning of next school year.

My ULTIMATE goal: To be skinny enough so that, come Amber's birthday party, I can, without shame, tear off my shirt and dance a sexy dance to "Bück Dich" or "Du Hast".

The "learning to dance" thing will have to come separately.

I did that once. During summer school I started excersising. Within a week my face was no longer oily. I could run for a long ass time and not get a heaving attack for like 20 minutes. No, the heave attacks only lasted me about 3 minutes. In about 2 months, I lost 30 pounds. Butttttt....I did it an unhealthy way. A very very unhealthy way. I barely ate when I had to, but I excersised like nuts.
Quote from: garbanzo bean
Sean, mahal kita <3

Fo' shizzle, ma Bizzle.

cuntnugget

CaffeinatedCassadie

• Faceboooook
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2008, 02:19:16 AM »

i'm SO tired of trying to lose weight...

i just want to live...

i wish i didn't have to worry about this stuff...

this thread is depressing...
Same, same.
bitch please, my hate can't be contained in one thread.

murmur

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2008, 10:58:08 AM »

So, my trip to Ohio resulted in me putting myself on a diet and more exercise than I was doing. I went and saw my family and then I realized everyone that I am closely related to IE my grandma great grandma and uncle and grandpa have all died of heart desease. I don't want to be the same. My goal for the year is 30 pounds. I can't lose any more than that because my weight is closely watched by doctors. Long story for another time but I can not lose more than 5 pounds a month. They already freaked out on me for the 15 I have lost this year. Also for the vanity part I would like to be able to wear leggings I can't now because my legs touch and it looks rediculous. No offense to anyone who wears leggings and their legs touch I just don't like the look of it when mine do. I used to be able to have my thighs not touch and not worry about back fat and junk. I want to get down to a size six I won't go for the size zero I look unhealthy and scary.

Goal one is to eat more fruit instead of unhealthy snacks.
Goal two is to portion out my foods.
Goal three is not to freak out on myself.
Goal four is exercise every other day instead of two times a week.
Goal five is learn to say no when offered food.
Goal six is to not have too many goals haha

armyoflarry

• and army of names
  • a human, lyman sinister, jupiter or japan
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2011, 12:34:42 PM »

Sorry about the necropost, but I just did not want to start a new thread just dedicated to my weight battles.

I just started using the calorie counter http://caloriecount.about.com and I'm using the wii fit to get a start on some yoga and other exercises. I have put this off so many times, mainly because I worked out for a whole year in 2009 and lost no weight at all. It was heartbreaking. Yes I felt better, but I never really felt terrible until recently. I can tell I am getting worn out faster than I used to, and my drumming stamina has been affected in a very noticeable way. I never counted calories, so this might be a the thing that starts me off on the right path. It has done wonders for my wife.

I have unsuccessfully tried to cut sugar, carbs, soda (regular and diet) out of my diet in the past, but today I am drinking nothing except water and one natural diet ginger ale.

I am trying to take the same approach I did when I quit smoking. When I let go of the guilt of messing up, I finally conquered that addiction. Even if I went as far as going out and buying a pack, I would not let the cost justify smoking the pack. I gave packs away and soaked packs of smokes in water after only having one. After 2 years of struggling I beat it.

I guess the main culprit in not eating right has been my feeling that I barely drink, don't do drugs and do not smoke. Junk food, pop and candy are the only vices I have left. Why do I have to give that up? BECAUSE I don't want to be fat and unhealthy anymore! It doesn't work when I feel I have so many things to do in my life before I die. I want to live, and I want to feel good again.

Hopefully I do it this time. Time is short...
Also, oh my God I could eat your family pets right now. GNNFFGH!!

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2011, 03:13:48 PM »

iceable way. I never counted calories, so this might be a the thing that starts me off on the right path. It has done wonders for my wife.
Just cutting out the sugar-soda has done wonders for a number of people I know/have-met...

Good luck!  O0

buttercup.

• the girl you have in that merry green land...
  • ...can wait forever for you to come home.
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2011, 10:04:37 AM »

James and I are planning to lose weight. He wants to look good for summer (I think he looks brilliant, but what do I know right?  :tongue7:) and I want to feel good. I don't really want to weigh my "normal" for BMI, because that's about fifty pounds lighter and I'd probably blow away with the wind at that point. If I could just slim my waist down, from about a 36 to maybe a 32, I'd be a happy critter.

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2011, 11:48:27 AM »

I'm rockin' it where this is concerned.

I started a new job in late October, and I was so stressed out over it that I literally lost a pound a day for the first three weeks. I figured out that if I could just lose 5 pounds a month (as opposed to 7 pounds a week) for the next year, I'd be just about where I want to be. Lots and lots of physical activity and a couple of months later, I'm actually quite a bit ahead of schedule. :)

#@!

overratedtoejam

« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2011, 02:41:41 PM »

i was pretty big about 2 years ago. went on the south beach, then on my own plan and ended up losing 80lbs. now, i'm just wanting to tone and lose maybe 5-10 more lbs. it feels pretty awesome to be at a comfortable weight after a whole childhood of struggling with that, but now i find other things i want to change about myself :buck2:. the cycle never ends

my best advice is watch portions, eat more veggies, and try not to over eat with carbs. calorie counting also helped me a lot. a good website for that is http://www.livestrong.com.  

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Captain Oblivious

• Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!
    • The NCC! I am a mod there =]
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2011, 02:48:29 PM »

When I was 16, I was told that I was allergic to wheat and yeast, so I basically had to give up a lot of things including, but not limited to:
cheese
pizza
pasta
bread
grapes
apples
mushrooms
beer
burger buns, hotdog buns
...basically anything bread-based or with any amount of fungus in it.

At the time, I was about 8 stone (112lbs) and within perhaps a month I'd lost a stone and a half which is 21lbs.
I still haven't put the weight back on, 5 years later. I have started eating bread and that again because I would not function without it, but really what I'm trying to say is that if you cut out white bread, you're going to lose a lot of weight and fast.
Quote from: Reptile
Congratulations, you tiny badass!

Quote from: ~Miranda~
Everything you said looks like real words to me.

Great minds think alike but fools seldom differ

slyvia k

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2011, 10:43:23 AM »

yay, got down to 60,2 kgs (132,4 lbs)  :D which for me is really a record, i don't think i weighted that not even when i was 12... XD
not really on a diet, but i walk A LOT...

N.U.

• Initials... OF DOOM!
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2011, 11:19:50 AM »

As this is what I actually went to college for, let me interject.

First, make sure you're eating enough when working out, otherwise, your' metabolism will shut down and you'll end up gaining weight.

Additionally, get yourself a juicer. Replace one fo your meals with nothig but juiced vegetables and fruits. My personal favorite is:

3 large whole carrots
1 Bell pepper
3 jalapeno peppers
a handful of Broccoli greens or crowns.
1 large orange
3 handfuls of blueberries.

A warning, Capsicum, the ingredient in hot peppers that makes them hot, has a lower specific gravity than the rest of the juice you'll be getting. What this means in the first sip of juice will feel like getting punched righ tbetween the eyes, but the pros far outwiegh the cons.

Cons: HOOOOT!
Pros: Causes your metabolism to spike up by 10-20% just from the capsicum.
Capsicum is also a natural anti-inflammatory which you'll love if you're also going to be exercising in addition to small dietary changes.

Peppers are also one of the healthiest veggies you can eat.

JohnnyDBBUK

• Proud custodian of the Neville sisters souls
  • Where in time is Brian Viglione?
    • ~Gaslight Cabaret Club~
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2011, 09:00:55 PM »

Eat Healthy
exercise a little daily
if ye want muscles do weights and protein!
and I am with Cat on this one - take up martial arts
Bruce Lee didn't have an ounce of fat on him did he?

theseeker

• Look ma, I stole my very own
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2011, 11:24:35 PM »

I'm not hungry ever anymore. It's really weird. I'm probably going to start gaining a ton of weight because I haven't eaten over 400 calories a day for almost a week.
Sorry.

spider jerusalem

• forever a
  • um mazzaropi incriminado
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2011, 12:37:42 AM »

When I was 16, I was told that I was allergic to wheat and yeast, so I basically had to give up a lot of things including, but not limited to:
cheese
pizza
pasta
bread
grapes
apples
mushrooms
beer
burger buns, hotdog buns
...basically anything bread-based or with any amount of fungus in it.

At the time, I was about 8 stone (112lbs) and within perhaps a month I'd lost a stone and a half which is 21lbs.
I still haven't put the weight back on, 5 years later. I have started eating bread and that again because I would not function without it, but really what I'm trying to say is that if you cut out white bread, you're going to lose a lot of weight and fast.

You have celiac disease? Or had? Do you eat any special kind? A friend has it and she can't eat breads in general, expect those without gluten.

Eat Healthy
exercise a little daily
if ye want muscles do weights and protein!
and I am with Cat on this one - take up martial arts
Bruce Lee didn't have an ounce of fat on him did he?
http://verdoux.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/bruce-lee.jpg

Agree on that.

I need to gain some muscles, though.
I assembled this team for purposes of a League of Extraordinary Gentlemen thing, but in reading this thread it occurs to me they're all highly bangable. Yeah, even Spider Jerusalem.

buttercup.

« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2011, 12:29:50 PM »

I posted about this in the random thought, but I'm trying to get in shape now. Like, actually, not just talking about it. I walked a while and jogged, and raced my dog up and down a hill. Today I'm going to call the gym and see how much it is to join. I'll have to walk when I get home because I forgot work out clothes.

I swear I'm battling my inner fattie right now. I keep getting nervous about calling them, and I'm scared to go in alone. I have gymphobia.

My mom's going to take me in on Tuesday (if its affordable that is) and show me how to work the machines. I offered for her to join with me, which would be amazing. Mostly for moral support more than she needs to lose weight, but we're both unhappy with our bodies.

I also want to learn to swim this summer. Maybe take some lessons. I know HOW, but I'm such a weak swimmer and I can't keep my head above water very long, I might as well take lessons. And then I can swim all summer and that'll help too. Swim without a boy keeping me from drowning, it'll be loverly.

Oh I also cut out sweets and trying to use olive oil instead of butter (if I use butter its just a tablespoon). Also no more eating out.

We'll see what happens.

oh and for the record I'm currently 195 pounds...at 5'5"...eeehhg.

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2011, 07:30:56 PM »

May is National Salad Month!

down 50 lbs. since Oct. 24!   :headbang:

#@!

slyvia k

« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2011, 08:58:30 AM »

May is National Salad Month!

down 50 lbs. since Oct. 24!   :headbang:

#@!
good job, man!!!

Zephyr

• Shadows stuffed with organs
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2011, 09:17:33 AM »

I'm getting fat. I don't like this at all.

CaffeinatedCassadie

• Faceboooook
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2011, 10:18:19 PM »

I lost 40 pounds not really on purpose

I feel fatter than ever.

wtf.

theseeker

« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2011, 10:34:37 PM »

Are you okay?   :-\

I lost over ten pounds in two weeks. Yayyyy that I'm under 200, urg that I'm gonna start gaining again.
Sorry.

CaffeinatedCassadie

• Faceboooook
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2011, 12:22:02 AM »

Are you okay?   :-\

I lost over ten pounds in two weeks. Yayyyy that I'm under 200, urg that I'm gonna start gaining again.
Blood tests and my yearly physical (which was like a month ago) say I'm fine

And congrats on the loss.
Why do you say you'll gain it back? I don't have a scale at my house and from one doctors appointment to the next (maybe 3 or 4 months later) I went from 210ish to 170ish and haven't gained any back but I don't know if I'm still losing.
Having to buy new clothes so I don't look like a gangster with jeans 3 sizes too big is  pain.

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2011, 02:05:25 PM »

you're about 6 feet tall, aren't you, CC?

#@!

CaffeinatedCassadie

• Faceboooook
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2011, 06:28:51 PM »

you're about 6 feet tall, aren't you, CC?

#@!
Almost. I'm a bit under 5'11.

Edit: Well 5'10 and 3/4 in so I think its safe to say 5'11.

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2011, 12:38:48 AM »

170 at 5'11" is pretty far from fat.

#@!

buttercup.

« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2011, 12:08:53 PM »

yeah, if I look hot at 170 and I'm 6 inches shorter than you then you must be...well, if skinniness was a rate of hotness, STUNNING, and since I know you're pretty already...well, damn guurrl.

Johnny

• Get your leather on
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2011, 02:28:25 AM »

I lost 30 pounds!! I have about 30 more to go!

absynth aura

• Fill me with your
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2011, 03:06:41 AM »

I really need to weigh myself sometime soon, because I feel like I've lost a fair bit of weight, and I can fit into a size 36 jean, rather than a 38.
^I'm pretty sure if I'm turning into a horse to fuck a stranger off the internet, vodka will play its part...

Lighting cigarettes with you

murmur

« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2011, 11:52:22 PM »

Well I've been rather depressed since the beginning of the year and have packed on a lot of weight.

I go to my first weight watchers meeting tomorrow at 8 am. Wish me luck boy do I need it!

:sad2:

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2011, 10:02:46 AM »

Well I've been rather depressed since the beginning of the year and have packed on a lot of weight.

I go to my first weight watchers meeting tomorrow at 8 am. Wish me luck boy do I need it!

GOOD LUCK!

(My sister did WW for about a year, and was quite happy with it.)

tanqgirl

• honest to god i will break your heart, tear you to pieces and rip you apart
  • i fell apart, but got back up again
« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2011, 12:24:15 AM »

i've started running! our plan is to run mon, wed, fri, and depending on if we're dying or not either sat or sun and the goal is to get so we can run everyday or feel like crap if we dont (yea, best goal ever) and right after we make homemade chicken pot pies (actually it's more like as soon as we get rid of the chicken in the freezer) we're going veggie again! im kinda really excited, i really liked being veggie before, stupid college

murmur

« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2011, 03:08:13 PM »

GOOD LUCK!

(My sister did WW for about a year, and was quite happy with it.)

Thanks! I know a lot of people who have lost 20+ pounds on it and am looking to do the same :D

murmur

« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2011, 12:26:33 AM »

So far weight watchers is rockin!  :D

slyvia k

« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2011, 06:30:32 AM »

^^ YAY!  :)

murmur

« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2011, 11:07:29 PM »

Alrighty so my first week on weight watchers is up and I lost a total of 3 pounds.
Not much but its a start for only one week :D

I am excited!

absynth aura

• Fill me with your
« Reply #63 on: May 20, 2011, 11:22:41 PM »

^That is definitely a good start. I know people who have done it and haven't lost anything till after their second or third week. So congrats for that!
^I'm pretty sure if I'm turning into a horse to fuck a stranger off the internet, vodka will play its part...

murmur

« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2011, 09:37:46 AM »

The great thing is I have no once felt hungry and if I am hungry I just make a smarter choice apple sauce instead of ice cream or a lettuce wrapped turkey burger instead of a  giant bun thick burger.

its mega easy!

murmur

« Reply #65 on: May 25, 2011, 06:04:53 PM »

Hi I am down a pants size!!!!! Anyone else losing weight at the moment!?  O0

tanqgirl

« Reply #66 on: May 25, 2011, 10:18:22 PM »

i've started running, the only down side is i'm gaining muscle faster then losing chub so it ALMOST sometimes seems like i'm getting bigger, but it's not really that bad

theseeker

« Reply #67 on: May 25, 2011, 10:34:09 PM »

My bmi's 28. This is good.  :violent1:

I need to do stuff. I think all of the field hockey next year will help. Skipping two meals a day's not going to work. :/
Sorry.

murmur

« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2011, 08:50:53 AM »

Seeker the more meals you skip the more your body holds onto the weight

which is not good for field hockey lol

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #69 on: May 27, 2011, 01:24:48 AM »

I need to do stuff. I think all of the field hockey next year will help. Skipping two meals a day's not going to work. :/

What she said.  The trick is to eat something at regular intervals, but not anything with
a bunch of easily bio-available calories (sugars, simple carbs, starch...)... 
Fresh veggies and such.  O0

tanqgirl

« Reply #70 on: May 27, 2011, 03:58:46 AM »

were thinking of going vegan....

murmur

« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2011, 09:48:47 AM »

Vegans fun if you can balance it right! Also I go in for my second weigh in today!!!!

Yayyyy We will see what I have lost in these two weeks of weight watchers.  8)
I know its something because I lost a pants size !!!

murmur

« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2011, 02:12:12 PM »

Alright lost another  3 pounds ¡Î!!º  :glasses9:

theseeker

« Reply #73 on: May 29, 2011, 12:01:58 AM »

What she said.  The trick is to eat something at regular intervals, but not anything with

Hehe thanks, but I know that. I'm very healthy; I never eat white bread, don't eat processed foods, and hate fatty milk (I esp hate potato chips, so fuck my doctor for constantly using them as an example of things I ought to cut back on). I've always been heavily overweight, despite the fact that I excercise regularly. I gain weight when I'm depressed because I skip meals. Hate my life.
Sorry.

tanqgirl

« Reply #74 on: May 29, 2011, 03:42:31 AM »

Hehe thanks, but I know that. I'm very healthy; I never eat white bread, don't eat processed foods, and hate fatty milk (I esp hate potato chips, so fuck my doctor for constantly using them as an example of things I ought to cut back on). I've always been heavily overweight, despite the fact that I excercise regularly. I gain weight when I'm depressed because I skip meals. Hate my life.

could also be genetics, everyone on my dads side has always been overweight luckily my sister and i (at least for now) skipped that gene (well sorta, my moms side of the family are sticks till they're old/have babies, so we're right in the middle) so if other people in your family are that way it could be that or you may just have that body type...like there's one thats generally stick people, body builder, and people who're just always overweight , just keep your chin up!!!

wow i'm sorry that sounded horribly corny but i'm really tired right now haha

VinsanityOrElse

• VinsanityOrElse
« Reply #75 on: May 29, 2011, 04:19:33 AM »

could also be genetics, everyone on my dads side has always been overweight luckily my sister and i (at least for now) skipped that gene (well sorta, my moms side of the family are sticks till they're old/have babies, so we're right in the middle) so if other people in your family are that way it could be that or you may just have that body type...like there's one thats generally stick people, body builder, and people who're just always overweight , just keep your chin up!!!

wow i'm sorry that sounded horribly corny but i'm really tired right now haha

While I was growing up I was always on the bigger side. Granted, I put 2 cups of sugar in my Koolaid (I drank at LEAST one pitcher a day!). I ate entire bags of potato chips, not to mention being a growing boy who would happily eat ANYTHING put in front of me. My asthma didn't help, I'm sure.

Anyway, finally during high school I decided I wanted to go into the military. Senior year of high school I joined Weight Training. (Didn't really help) But the next summer, still has an impact on my life. I entered Basic Combat Training at 220lbs and 5'9". After three months of push ups, sit ups, cherry pickers, jane fonda's, and running 2 miles EVERY MORNING...I left basic combat traininga much skinnier man (140lbs). I still had some pudge, but it was just skin (Eww). Since then, I've gone nearly back up to 220. But, there is a silver lining here. If I can cut that weight, so can you! As a chef, I know 75% of weight loss (if not more) is diet. A CONSTANT diet. Yes, that means if you're gonna eat a TON make sure A) your activity level is going to burn those calories. But B) remains generally the same EVERY DAY! It's all about life changes, if you aren't happy with your body look at your choices and look at what habits you can change.

1) Stop taking the elevator (ALWAYS!)
2) Park further away and plan on walking (Rain or shine)
3) Cut out soda (mostly the high fructose corn syrup, but also soda dehydrates your systems)
4) Stop doing sit ups!! (They pack on muscle under your belly NOT on top!)

Field hockey will be an excellent activity. Just make sure you have fun! If you're depressed, your body is already pumping itself full of endorphins that make it harder to actually lose weight and keep it off. (happy people are skinny, and skinny people are happy) BUT don't expect to be happy just because you're skinny. :)

Keep us updated! We're all rooting for you!
Let the music take your soul, and sing from your ever beating heart in the key your mind can no longer hear.

buttercup.

« Reply #76 on: June 04, 2011, 11:02:44 PM »

Hey guys: Pilates & Yoga or the Gym? I was thinking of taking a yoga class, seeing if I liked it first. And then maybe joining the gym too when I get a job or quit Yoga once I can do it myself and doing the gym then.
Yoga seems less intimidating and also more spiritually healthy.

Whatdya think?

this would be coupled with my no white flour no chocolate diet (or maybe no sugar now? hrrm), and walking at least a mile every day.

also should I have some sort of weight goal? I always see that as a lame thing to do, because...I don't want to be the typical girl obsessed with her weight. But I think I'm done pretending being chubby doesn't bother me.

edit: I'm 5'5" and 194 lbs. I'm about a size 16. Just uh to help you?

VinsanityOrElse

• VinsanityOrElse
« Reply #77 on: June 05, 2011, 12:31:40 AM »

Aight, I've had ENOUGH! Now I don't even fit into my old Army uniform which used to be baggy on me.  :'( Time to hit some P90X!   :whip2:
Let the music take your soul, and sing from your ever beating heart in the key your mind can no longer hear.

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #78 on: June 05, 2011, 12:55:30 AM »

Hey guys: Pilates & Yoga or the Gym? I was thinking of taking a yoga class, seeing if I liked it first. And then maybe joining the gym too when I get a job or quit Yoga once I can do it myself and doing the gym then.

Whatdya think?

this would be coupled with my no white flour no chocolate diet (or maybe no sugar now? hrrm), and walking at least a mile every day.

also should I have some sort of weight goal? I always see that as a lame thing to do, because...I don't want to be the typical girl obsessed with her weight. But I think I'm done pretending being chubby doesn't bother me.

for whatever it's worth, the people I know who do Pilates have had great (bordering on unbelievable) results.

#@!

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #79 on: June 05, 2011, 01:45:50 PM »

Whatdya think?

If you have lots of self-discipline and can stick to a regimen, doing exercises at home is cheaper.

Going to the gym, you get peer-support and you can meet interesting people, and you generally
have access to people who know wtf they (and you) are doing and can help keep you from, say,
accidentally injuring yourself.

I'd vote gym, unless the cost is going to be a problem.

tanqgirl

« Reply #80 on: June 06, 2011, 11:31:50 PM »

Whatdya think?

i used to do pilates everyday and it was working, and then i stopped cause i got lazy >.< but you and me should totally make ourselves do it! i prefer doing it at home cause then no one's watching me except my dogs lol

absynth aura

• Fill me with your
« Reply #81 on: June 06, 2011, 11:34:09 PM »

^I'm going to start doing yoga again. Well attempt to, I started earlier and then stopped because I got lazy.
I'm also going to start eating, cutting back on the coffee junk food.

slyvia k

« Reply #82 on: June 07, 2011, 04:03:10 AM »

my bmi's 21.3 , it used to be 29 or so until two/three years ago  :o

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #83 on: June 07, 2011, 11:22:34 PM »

You need more pasta.....

guuurrrrrllltakeiteasy

• je veux ton coq
    • Mein YouTube
« Reply #84 on: June 08, 2011, 01:56:40 PM »

I'm reading all these posts on pilates and yoga. I have a pilates machine at home (and I can see it from where I am right now) and I used to do yoga (and I have a yoga mat in my room for when I do late night yoga). What the fuck is wrong with me? I need to get on this asap! Stupid me wanted only to be wearing underwear during the Pride parade, that shit ain't happening anytime soon!
Sean, mahal kita <3

Fo' shizzle, ma Bizzle.

cuntnugget

tanqgirl

« Reply #85 on: June 08, 2011, 02:59:16 PM »

i just ate pancakes!!! so much for weight loss lol >.>

Captain Oblivious

« Reply #86 on: June 08, 2011, 03:14:10 PM »

You need more pasta.....

Isn't that right inside the "optimal" BMI? Last I checked mine was 18-something

Although, the BMI thing is flawed, since it doesn't account for things like muscle mass.

I'd been putting on a bit of weight last month for a couple of months and I was so terrified that I was pregnant or something haha, but it's all gone again so I guess it wasn't.

Broody

• Huge Throbbing
    • Saints
« Reply #87 on: June 08, 2011, 06:13:20 PM »

Substance abuse and malnutrition's been doing wonders for my weight loss. Unfortunately I'd have to be unhealthily thin to have a "healthy" BMI since the scale completely breaks down around my height.
Everyone learns faster on fire.

absynth aura

• Fill me with your
« Reply #88 on: June 09, 2011, 03:26:12 AM »

i just ate pancakes!!! so much for weight loss lol >.>
I couldn't decide what to have for lunch today, so I had a sausage roll. I think we're in the same boat.

Although, I have been hungry lately. And it may seem weird, but this is a HUGE deal for me. I never feel hungry so I normally just eat and eat whenever I get bored. But not that I've been actually feeling hungry, I eat when I need to, which I feel is so much better for me.

slyvia k

« Reply #89 on: June 09, 2011, 04:46:52 AM »

You need more pasta.....

Isn't that right inside the "optimal" BMI? Last I checked mine was 18-something

Although, the BMI thing is flawed, since it doesn't account for things like muscle mass.

I'd been putting on a bit of weight last month for a couple of months and I was so terrified that I was pregnant or something haha, but it's all gone again so I guess it wasn't.
yeah ''normal'' bmi is 18.5 to 25... not sure whether to trust this thing completely, because as you mentioned it is partially flawed, but i think it can be a good rough indication.... 29 was bordeline on obesity!

tanqgirl

« Reply #90 on: June 09, 2011, 05:46:54 PM »

my biggest issue is i forget to eat (or theres nothing to eat in this damn house) and then all the sudden im INCREDIBLY HUNGRY, so i make a lot of food...but my stomachs not that big so then i only eat a bit, but i'll only eat like 1 meal and snack the rest of the time.....i also have a tendency to wake up late so when my body's hungry for "dinner" i'm like hell no! we're going to bed! probably not a good thing...

Captain Oblivious

« Reply #91 on: June 09, 2011, 06:59:59 PM »

I have the worst eating habits. I have breakfast every day but not always at the same time. Today for instance, my breakfast was at half 1 :P
I also have a bad habit of eating right before bed.

I've gone off bread again. I say I've gone off bread, I mean white bread that comes sliced and wrapped in plastic. I still eat pizza and pasta and brown rolls and wraps and I know that's not "bread" but it's made of some of the same things, all of which I'm allergic to.
But the last time I cut out bread, I lost a stone and a half very quickly. I was also told to stop eating cheese, grapes, mushrooms...basically anything with fungus in it.

tanqgirl

« Reply #92 on: June 09, 2011, 07:41:29 PM »

no fair! i've met so many people who are like "if i drop *insert food/beverage/whatever here* i lose a crap ton of weight!" like my hubz can stop drinking soda and loose a bunch of weight...i've tried dropping soda, nothing...i've tried things like pasta, bread, etc. nothing...

the only times i lost a bunch of weight was because i had nothing to eat but ice cream and toast/cereal and was walking a shit ton every day...the other time was when i only had cereal and fruit and sushi (and the occasional pasta, pizza, fries but pretty rare) but i also got sick both those times (mind you i did not CHOOSE to eat only this, it's just that at the time i couldnt eat anything else)

but obviously i dont want to do those "diets" again cause it's not THAT healthy...

but wtf is with my body not having that one thing i cut out and POOF!  >:(

Captain Oblivious

« Reply #93 on: June 09, 2011, 07:45:52 PM »

no fair! i've met so many people who are like "if i drop *insert food/beverage/whatever here* i lose a crap ton of weight!" like my hubz can stop drinking soda and loose a bunch of weight...i've tried dropping soda, nothing...i've tried things like pasta, bread, etc. nothing...

the only times i lost a bunch of weight was because i had nothing to eat but ice cream and toast/cereal and was walking a shit ton every day...the other time was when i only had cereal and fruit and sushi (and the occasional pasta, pizza, fries but pretty rare) but i also got sick both those times (mind you i did not CHOOSE to eat only this, it's just that at the time i couldnt eat anything else)

but obviously i dont want to do those "diets" again cause it's not THAT healthy...

It's just different body types and also, I was under a whole lot of stress. I was 16 and faced with the most important exams I would ever take.
My mum has been trying different diets and things for years, but she's never happy. I wonder why she's trying to mess with nature. She's not naturally a big eater, she eats what she has to and then stops. So if she's still not losing weight, surely that's nature telling her she should stay like she is? She's not fat by any means and like I said, she doesn't overeat or anything.

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #94 on: June 09, 2011, 07:57:35 PM »

It's just different body types and also, I was under a whole lot of stress. I was 16 and faced with the most important exams I would ever take.
My mum has been trying different diets and things for years, but she's never happy. I wonder why she's trying to mess with nature. She's not naturally a big eater, she eats what she has to and then stops. So if she's still not losing weight, surely that's nature telling her she should stay like she is? She's not fat by any means and like I said, she doesn't overeat or anything.

doesn't matter what I eat; I exercise, I lose weight. I don't, I don't.

#@!

tanqgirl

« Reply #95 on: June 09, 2011, 08:18:32 PM »

doesn't matter what I eat; I exercise, I lose weight. I don't, I don't.

#@!

well yes, same for me...but i still wish i could have that one food that if i stopped eating it would help

theseeker

« Reply #96 on: June 15, 2011, 01:41:07 AM »

I managed to workout for an hour straight today (I couldn't walk for ten minutes after...) and Im walking both dogs, so I've been exercising 1-1.5 hours a day. I went down a size but gained 8 pounds. Potentially muscle mass, but still :c Apparantly my new medication can cause severe weight loss, though. I took it for the first time today and wasn't hungry at all. I know that's sorta bad, but my doctor made a bunch of assumptions about my eating habits that pissed me off so I don't give a fuck.

Seriously, I don't like the taste or texture of potato chips.
Sorry.

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #97 on: June 15, 2011, 03:20:08 PM »

I can eat the baked sort, but really I don't understand the (many) people
who can sit down and eat a whole family-size bag without realizing it...

Good goin' on the exercise...  Just remember to establish a regimen you can maintain.
If you burn yourself out, or injure yourself, you lose the benefit.

VinsanityOrElse

• VinsanityOrElse
« Reply #98 on: June 15, 2011, 03:23:50 PM »

Started doing Yoga yesterday. :) If I can just keep that up and stop eating the entire family value bag of dill pickle chips  ;) ...then I MIGHT actually get back to my military weight!   :icon_rr:

Annebelle.

• Trampeltier
  • How 'bout a nice and warm Cake Sex Riot?
« Reply #99 on: June 15, 2011, 05:33:38 PM »

I just calculated my BMI, it's always been around 21-22, and now all of a sudden it's something like 24... agh, I've not moved enough this year, but I do blame school: I used to take 30-45 minute walks everyday, but I had to cut them because of the unusual big amount of schoolwork. I do hope getting more movement is gonna do for losing this weight again this summer though, I woud really HATE to go on a diet, I love my foods so much!

Starting next week (when school is officially over) I will go roller skating 3 times per week for at least half an hour (on top of my usual walking "schedule") and I'm going surfing for a week in July, where I can hopefully get some more movement, so I can lose this unwanted weight again, I really hope this will be enough...
Quote from: Niels
"if he tells me no I'll do your mum until she hits the floor, eventually I know she's doomed to come right back and ask for more"

theseeker

« Reply #100 on: June 15, 2011, 08:10:34 PM »

Mine's 31. Shuddup.

Good goin' on the exercise...  Just remember to establish a regimen you can maintain.
I wasn't raised on oily things so I just don't care for them. Also, binge eating seems insanely unhealthy. It's really scary to think that there are people who can't control portions (beyond food, too).

Thanks :D I'm in a lot of pain, but I have to do it because I'm on my school's field hockey team.
Sorry.

CottonCandy

« Reply #101 on: June 16, 2011, 04:58:53 AM »

What sort of amazes me with chips, or crisps as they call them in uk, is that over here they are something you eat with your lunch every day  :o You have these little packets, and then the "big ones" are about 200g. In Finland, crisps are only eaten rarely, and usually in situations like parties or possibly in film nights, but in rare occasions and in a group. So 200g is pathetic for a party, most bags are about 250g-350g over there! And you don't have the little 15-30g lunchbox ones there.

Captain Oblivious

« Reply #102 on: June 16, 2011, 07:17:10 AM »

I think I lost more weight. I'm basing this on a shirt I wore yesterday which used to look quite lovely and while it was never fitted or tight, it still went where it should have. But when I was wearing it yesterday, it judt hung off me and didn't look very nice at all :(

buttercup.

« Reply #103 on: June 16, 2011, 01:04:49 PM »

Man, fuck BMIs. I'm Obese according to them and that's just depressing. You want me be to be 125? Well too bad. I'll be curvy at 170, fit at 160, and damn sexy as all hell at 150. 125 is taking away my bouncy glorious gifts, and the muscles I use to survive.
My friends are all around 130, generally speaking, and around my height. They complain about not being "sculpted" or being too scrawny, or they have the indecency to say they're fat.

The other day I stood up in my bathing suit and went "SHUT UP. I am 'fat' -and because they all chorused "no you're not" I corrected- I'm 'different' then, whatever, and you're a lot smaller then me, all of you. And you know what? I'll go to a crowded area in this bathing suit that was made for grandmas, I'll flap around with my chub and my arm pit hair, and I don't give a shit."
It didn't really work, they started talking about tanning.

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #104 on: June 16, 2011, 04:19:26 PM »

I think I lost more weight. I'm basing this on a shirt I wore yesterday which used to look quite lovely and while it was never fitted or tight, it still went where it should have. But when I was wearing it yesterday, it judt hung off me and didn't look very nice at all :(

almost my entire wardrobe is doing that now, and I don't have the $$$ to replace everything.  :(

#@!

Annebelle.

• Trampeltier
« Reply #105 on: June 16, 2011, 05:32:05 PM »

Mine's 31. Shuddup.

Well... that was pretty rude...
"if he tells me no I'll do your mum until she hits the floor, eventually I know she's doomed to come right back and ask for more"

Captain Oblivious

« Reply #106 on: June 16, 2011, 07:10:20 PM »

almost my entire wardrobe is doing that now, and I don't have the $$$ to replace everything.  :(

#@!

Even if I did have the dollahs, I already wear the smallest size available in stores and smaller than in some. Soooo

Mockery

• Frank L. Baum's past bride and Oz princess
  • Lovely, lovely lady lumps
« Reply #107 on: June 16, 2011, 09:22:21 PM »

I'm 15 years of age
six feet in height
and male.

Cook your own meals.

Also, look into the Eat This, Not That books. They are great! Granted, I haven't used them in a while but they did help me loose lots of weight. THey even have a cook book. They've got some great food.
was too busy looking at the attractive girl in the weird paint vag bib.

I have 47 Indja Points

tanqgirl

« Reply #108 on: June 16, 2011, 11:08:15 PM »

#@!

Even if I did have the dollahs, I already wear the smallest size available in stores and smaller than in some. Soooo

i have a friend who's always been short and uber skinny...she usually has to buy clothes from the kids section  :-\

Captain Oblivious

« Reply #109 on: June 17, 2011, 10:01:00 AM »

#@!

i have a friend who's always been short and uber skinny...she usually has to buy clothes from the kids section  :-\

I haven't done that in a while, but I do know I can fit into the clothes that are next to the biggest kids clothes you can get here, which is about 12-13 years. I am 22, but if I wanted to get trousers or jeans, they are always too short, oddly.

Johnny

• Get your leather on
« Reply #110 on: June 17, 2011, 12:01:54 PM »

256 to 220. Since March 1st.

O0

tanqgirl

« Reply #111 on: June 17, 2011, 01:51:10 PM »

#@!

I haven't done that in a while, but I do know I can fit into the clothes that are next to the biggest kids clothes you can get here, which is about 12-13 years. I am 22, but if I wanted to get trousers or jeans, they are always too short, oddly.

hehe you must be taller than my friend...she usually buys the smallest clothes in the "juniors/teens" section and then wears shoes with huge soles and rolls up her pants and safety pins them on the inside (she doesnt sew)

Captain Oblivious

« Reply #112 on: June 17, 2011, 01:54:05 PM »

#@!

hehe you must be taller than my friend...she usually buys the smallest clothes in the "juniors/teens" section and then wears shoes with huge soles and rolls up her pants and safety pins them on the inside (she doesnt sew)

haha! I'm about 5'2" so I'm pretty tiny. Maybe it's just the main store I get children's clothes from. There isn't really a teenage section as such here, there's like a children's section and they just go up to usually about 13 years.

tanqgirl

« Reply #113 on: June 17, 2011, 01:55:55 PM »

#@!

haha! I'm about 5'2" so I'm pretty tiny. Maybe it's just the main store I get children's clothes from. There isn't really a teenage section as such here, there's like a children's section and they just go up to usually about 13 years.

boo to bad you dont have a juniors/teen section, that would be right in the middle and probably help

Captain Oblivious

« Reply #114 on: June 17, 2011, 02:00:16 PM »

#@!

boo to bad you dont have a juniors/teen section, that would be right in the middle and probably help

haha yeah, would probs be helpful, but sure. I'm sure I'll survive for now :P

murmur

« Reply #115 on: June 19, 2011, 10:20:21 AM »

Went on vacation ate like a cow for two weeks and didn't follow weight watchers.
Loosely just watched what i was eating and I didn't lose and I didn't gain.

SO this week its back to the weight watchers again! I want to lose more!

murmur

« Reply #116 on: June 24, 2011, 10:00:17 PM »

And I lost it ! 2.2 more pounds!  :coolsmiley:

Hell yes

buttercup.

« Reply #117 on: June 28, 2011, 02:10:58 PM »

First gym day today. Haven't gone yet so I'm not going to claim I have, things happen who knows. But I'm totally excited to sweat and then shower.  :headbang:

Plus running in one place with florescent lights and pop music humming in the background is pretty much awesome.

murmur

« Reply #118 on: June 28, 2011, 10:45:48 PM »

First gym day today. Haven't gone yet so I'm not going to claim I have, things happen who knows. But I'm totally excited to sweat and then shower.  :headbang:

Plus running in one place with florescent lights and pop music humming in the background is pretty much awesome.

YAY you can do it!!!

guuurrrrrllltakeiteasy

• je veux ton coq
    • Mein YouTube
« Reply #119 on: June 28, 2011, 11:49:18 PM »

My friend and I are going to go on P90X. We're both pretty skinny and fit, but not like jacked mother fuckers who can run a mile and not break a sweat. Although my friend, the one I'm doing P90X with, used to run a lot, and according to her she was jacked. But I see her now and she's still hot, but she thinks not. So I'm guessing she was super jacked cuz she looks totally fine to me. Anyway. I work at this restaurant where we make 20-something different poutines and I used to have one every shift I had which made me gain a lot of weight. But I stopped eating poutine for a week and a half and now all my shirts and pants fit me again. What the fuck? Is this normal? My friend, again, the one I'm doing P90X with, says that because poutine has a lot of sodium, the weight I put on was from that and it was mostly water. Sounds plausible.
Sean, mahal kita <3

Fo' shizzle, ma Bizzle.

cuntnugget

murmur

« Reply #120 on: July 01, 2011, 01:54:03 PM »

I met one of my goals today at my meeting!!!  :coolsmiley:

Down 1.6 more pounds :D sweeeeeeet dealio I really love weight watchers no joke.

Also I ordered a pinup style dress 4 sizes too small so I have it as a goal.

once I can get into that I am going to order another dress!!!!

PUMPED for weight loss!

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #121 on: July 01, 2011, 11:08:39 PM »

I met one of my goals today at my meeting!!!  :coolsmiley:

Down 1.6 more pounds :D sweeeeeeet dealio I really love weight watchers no joke.

Also I ordered a pinup style dress 4 sizes too small so I have it as a goal.

once I can get into that I am going to order another dress!!!!

PUMPED for weight loss!
[like]  :)

VinsanityOrElse

• VinsanityOrElse
« Reply #122 on: July 07, 2011, 03:00:32 AM »

My friend and I are going to go on P90X. We're both pretty skinny and fit, but not like jacked mother fuckers who can run a mile and not break a sweat. Although my friend, the one I'm doing P90X with, used to run a lot, and according to her she was jacked. But I see her now and she's still hot, but she thinks not. So I'm guessing she was super jacked cuz she looks totally fine to me. Anyway. I work at this restaurant where we make 20-something different poutines and I used to have one every shift I had which made me gain a lot of weight. But I stopped eating poutine for a week and a half and now all my shirts and pants fit me again. What the fuck? Is this normal? My friend, again, the one I'm doing P90X with, says that because poutine has a lot of sodium, the weight I put on was from that and it was mostly water. Sounds plausible.

Rock on! I had to do P90X when I was in the military. It REALLY does kick your ass. It's great. The best thing about it...even if you can DO 100 push ups in 5 minutes, run a 2 minute mile, and do 200 sit ups in 5 minutes, it STILL kicks your ass because it's all about pushing your limits. BUT! Make sure you follow the schedule, otherwise you'll get off and won't want to get back on...and of course then the pain kicks in. Make it a habit and it gets MUCH easier.

For me... I'm doing Power Yoga EVERY DAY!!! (you could say I put on a couple extra pounds since getting out of the military) and this year, for my birthday I'd like to get back to military weight. (17 DAYS  :D ) I too must just keep it up everyday, I've been making sustainable adjustments to my diet...macrobiotic diet... honestly, it'll be much easier in LA... but it's possible here in Minnesota too. Lifestyle change!!  :icon_rr: No more sitting on my ass watching tv... now I watch netflix  O0... but there's mosquitos at night so we can't go outside. Seriously, those fuckers SWARM you. It's like one of those zombie movies, first you walk out and are totally like, "Oh yeah, clear. I'm good." Then all of a sudden (and they come from BEHIND you) they go for your neck and head first...which includes face... then they go after hands/arms then feet. And then they find anywhere else they can possibly get in. THERE's the reason I tuck in all my shirts (I just figured it out!  :headbang: )

Anyway... go weight loss! Let's all kick some ass now, huh?!  O0

slyvia k

« Reply #123 on: July 07, 2011, 04:55:33 AM »

i want to lose 2 or 3 pounds, but eh, it's exam session so i have to eat or my silly brain won't learn stuff. U_U

lentower

• if you see me at a show (or elsewhere), please come over & say hi
  • this is a real photo of me. thanks sheri hausey!
    • len's web sight
« Reply #124 on: July 07, 2011, 09:24:30 AM »

i want to lose 2 or 3 pounds, but eh, it's exam session so i have to eat or my silly brain won't learn stuff. U_U

exercise too,
even a full set of streches
ROM (range of motion) on all the joints

your silly brain will be even happier
getting started:
BOX-RULES (please read...

further back:
Our forum before this one...

lentower

• len's web sight
« Reply #125 on: July 07, 2011, 09:29:09 AM »

Rock on! I had to do P90X when I was in the military. It REALLY does kick your ass. It's great. The best thing about it...even if you can DO 100 push ups in 5 minutes, run a 2 minute mile, and do 200 sit ups in 5 minutes, it STILL kicks your ass because it's all about pushing your limits. BUT! Make sure you follow the schedule, otherwise you'll get off and won't want to get back on...and of course then the pain kicks in. Make it a habit and it gets MUCH easier.

For me... I'm doing Power Yoga EVERY DAY!!! (you could say I put on a couple extra pounds since getting out of the military) and this year, for my birthday I'd like to get back to military weight. (17 DAYS  :D ) I too must just keep it up everyday, I've been making sustainable adjustments to my diet...macrobiotic diet... honestly, it'll be much easier in LA... but it's possible here in Minnesota too. Lifestyle change!!  :icon_rr: No more sitting on my ass watching tv... now I watch netflix  O0... but there's mosquitos at night so we can't go outside. Seriously, those fuckers SWARM you. It's like one of those zombie movies, first you walk out and are totally like, "Oh yeah, clear. I'm good." Then all of a sudden (and they come from BEHIND you) they go for your neck and head first...which includes face... then they go after hands/arms then feet. And then they find anywhere else they can possibly get in. THERE's the reason I tuck in all my shirts (I just figured it out!  :headbang: )

Anyway... go weight loss! Let's all kick some ass now, huh?!  O0

one of my yoga teachers pointed out,
that if you did 30 series of sun salutations in ten minutes
you had the aerobics covered for the day.
along with opening and closing stretches,
ending with ten minutes of corpse pose

she's right

and if you have learned one of yoga lessons:
to pay attention to your body,
you are much less likely to hurt anything
getting started:

further back:

murmur

« Reply #126 on: July 09, 2011, 06:19:02 PM »

HI IVE LOST TWO PANTS SIZES

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Mockery

« Reply #127 on: July 10, 2011, 05:51:12 PM »

Quick question: is it true that flavored water is bad for you or are my parents lying to me?

I have 47 Indja Points

lentower

• len's web sight
« Reply #128 on: July 10, 2011, 05:57:41 PM »

Quick question: is it true that flavored water is bad for you or are my parents lying to me?

depends on what it's flavored with

if it has sugar in any form,
or artifical sweetener,
it is bad for you
getting started:

further back:

lentower

• len's web sight
« Reply #129 on: July 10, 2011, 05:58:32 PM »

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

YEAH ! ! !
getting started:

further back:

Mockery

« Reply #130 on: July 10, 2011, 06:51:49 PM »

or artifical sweetener,
it is bad for you
Okay.

I have 47 Indja Points

tanqgirl

« Reply #131 on: July 10, 2011, 07:54:31 PM »

or artifical sweetener,
it is bad for you
Okay.

you could always flavor your own water, just squeeze some juice from whatever fruit you want into the water, and voila! flavored water that isnt bad for you  ^-^

murmur

« Reply #132 on: July 10, 2011, 07:59:25 PM »

YEAH ! ! !

very happy :S

Also I use the mio for flavoring my water and I love it!

lentower

• len's web sight
« Reply #133 on: July 10, 2011, 09:15:56 PM »

or artifical sweetener,
it is bad for you
Okay.
you could always flavor your own water, just squeeze some juice from whatever fruit you want into the water, and voila! flavored water that isnt bad for you  ^-^

you can also drop the fruit into the water after squeezing and let the flavor seep out
for 5 to 15 minutes

my mom use to keep a pitcher of water in the frig with lemon slices in it
getting started:

further back:

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #134 on: July 10, 2011, 09:56:54 PM »

or artifical sweetener,
it is bad for you
Okay.

you can also drop the fruit into the water after squeezing and let the flavor seep out
for 5 to 15 minutes

This stuff here.....

Mockery

« Reply #135 on: July 11, 2011, 02:51:32 PM »

or artifical sweetener,
it is bad for you
Okay.

for 5 to 15 minutes

That's actually a good idea. Thanks guy!

I have 47 Indja Points

The Angel Raliel

• ...looked the other way when a third of them fell
  • ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #136 on: July 12, 2011, 02:20:16 AM »

best kind of flavoured water involves fermentation......
One should always be a little improbable.

@raliel

tanqgirl

« Reply #137 on: July 12, 2011, 03:20:50 AM »

so do tofu and kimchi, and those are pretty tasty and "good" for you  ;D

slyvia k

« Reply #138 on: July 12, 2011, 07:47:11 AM »

omg stinky tofu  :icon_puke_r:

lentower

• len's web sight
« Reply #139 on: July 12, 2011, 08:14:56 AM »

omg stinky tofu  :icon_puke_r:

^ depends on who does the fermentation

^^ Syl, you are such a gourmand!
getting started:

further back:

tanqgirl

« Reply #140 on: July 12, 2011, 03:45:02 PM »

mmmm i love tofu!! but i dont like kimchi, and i also wont eat anything else that's been fermented haha, or pickled, or any type of cheese that even though they say it's ok looks like it's been sitting around for WAY to long (like blue cheese)

buttercup.

« Reply #141 on: July 28, 2011, 01:46:07 PM »

I've got a bet going with my mom.
She thinks I've lost ten pounds, I think I've lost five.
I shall check today.
Fingers crossed.
I actually want to lose this bet.

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #142 on: July 28, 2011, 11:15:19 PM »

who won?

any $$$ change hands?

#@!

buttercup.

« Reply #143 on: July 29, 2011, 11:06:53 AM »

We both lost.
I haven't lost anything.
My slimness is an illusion.  :o

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #144 on: July 29, 2011, 01:40:17 PM »

maybe you replaced fat with muscle; you'd be slimmer, but not lose any weight.

#@!

murmur

« Reply #145 on: July 29, 2011, 01:50:56 PM »

maybe you replaced fat with muscle; you'd be slimmer, but not lose any weight.

#@!

This is probably the case.  Muscle weighs more than fat.  And besides, it doesn't matter what you weigh - when you walk into a place, they don't have weighing scales at the doorway. 
Lol I am getting ready to go for my weigh in.... they have scales at the doorway!!!!

;P

buttercup.

« Reply #146 on: July 29, 2011, 02:04:52 PM »

^Haha.

And I know it doesn't matter, it'd just been two months since my last weigh-in and I was curious to see if I'd gotten out of the 190s. It probably is muscle, that's what moms co-worker told me (my mom is a nurse, so I snuck into the clinic and got weighed).

And I totally look hot right now and I'm going to a party. Life is grand.  :icon_rr:

Shock G

• Do the Humpty Hump!
« Reply #147 on: July 29, 2011, 09:33:55 PM »

so do tofu and kimchi, and those are pretty tasty and "good" for you  ;D

Stinky tofu is far from the "best" (we need a barfing smiley)....it is right there with durian.
I like my beats funky, I'm spunky, I like my oatmeal lumpy.

murmur

« Reply #148 on: July 29, 2011, 09:53:15 PM »

I am down another 1.6 pounds this week :D

Im excited my newer pants are getting looser!!!

murmur

« Reply #149 on: August 12, 2011, 11:25:39 AM »

So after a brief plateau I finally lost 2 more pounds :) I have this goal dress I bought on tumblr and its a 50's pinupish dress and I can't wait to rock it out. Right now my boobs are too big to wear the dress haha. Who would have thought that would be an issue having too big of breasts.

JohnnyDBBUK

• Proud custodian of the Neville sisters souls
  • Where in time is Brian Viglione?
    • ~Gaslight Cabaret Club~
« Reply #150 on: August 12, 2011, 06:32:59 PM »

Go you :)
I worked out daily when i was in Ireland and had access to my Brothers gym stuff.
since coming back and 9-5ing it at work/then house work, I find myself at 7pm with no desire to do any weights or exercise... it's bad tho :(

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #151 on: August 12, 2011, 07:25:36 PM »

Way to go on the weight loss, you're doing awesomely.  Don't lose too much, 'cos you got some lovely curves, lady!  

she grew up to be one very beautiful woman, our murmur did.

#@!

murmur

« Reply #152 on: August 12, 2011, 09:58:30 PM »

Lol thanks ;p

Im keepin my curves I just need to get in shape! Boobs suck some days, when I work out they are everywhere even with a sports bra. I guess thats what you get when youre a 38DDD shit too many D's. Working out this week seemed to get me out of the plateau though!!

Mockery

« Reply #153 on: August 16, 2011, 01:22:16 PM »

Lol thanks ;p

Im keepin my curves I just need to get in shape! Boobs suck some days, when I work out they are everywhere even with a sports bra. I guess thats what you get when youre a 38DDD shit too many D's. Working out this week seemed to get me out of the plateau though!!

I know your pain deary.

It'll take a while to get your boobs to the shape you'd like them. Boobs seem to loose weight last.

I have 47 Indja Points

murmur

« Reply #154 on: August 18, 2011, 11:14:52 PM »

Lol thanks ;p

I know your pain deary.

It'll take a while to get your boobs to the shape you'd like them. Boobs seem to loose weight last.

Lol  I wish I was losing my boobs!!! I am losing inches in my midsection, butt, legs, and arms but my boobs haven't gotten any smaller. Its really a pain. I wonder if its because im on birthcontrol?
Ive been trying to run, but the sports bra isn't cutting it maybe I need to wrap myself !
Weigh in is tomorrow guys wish me luck!

murmur

« Reply #155 on: August 19, 2011, 11:07:19 AM »

Lol thanks ;p

I know your pain deary.

Lol  I wish I was losing my boobs!!! I am losing inches in my midsection, butt, legs, and arms but my boobs haven't gotten any smaller. Its really a pain. I wonder if its because im on birthcontrol?
Ive been trying to run, but the sports bra isn't cutting it maybe I need to wrap myself !
So I lost another 3.8 pounds this week! Yay!
If anyone wants to lose weight I highly suggest weight watchers its working out amazingly. Plus I can eat whatever I want and im never hungry !

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #156 on: August 19, 2011, 11:17:13 AM »

:occasion14:

#@!

lentower

• len's web sight
« Reply #157 on: August 19, 2011, 11:33:50 AM »

^ ^ super!
getting started:

further back:

lentower

• len's web sight
« Reply #158 on: August 19, 2011, 11:33:58 AM »

getting started:

further back:

murmur

« Reply #159 on: August 19, 2011, 11:38:26 AM »

http://xkcd.com/940/
LOL! They actually have it to where you can log sex!

murmur

« Reply #160 on: August 19, 2011, 01:28:18 PM »

Lol thanks ;p

I know your pain deary.

Lol  I wish I was losing my boobs!!! I am losing inches in my midsection, butt, legs, and arms but my boobs haven't gotten any smaller. Its really a pain. I wonder if its because im on birthcontrol?
So I lost another 3.8 pounds this week! Yay!
If anyone wants to lose weight I highly suggest weight watchers its working out amazingly. Plus I can eat whatever I want and im never hungry !

Nice!
I considered weight watchers, mainly because when I see the weight watchers food packs in the shop, they look yummy!  Plus they're less calories/fat, plus I don't have to cook - I could just stick it in the microwave.  I might just sort of eat weight watchers food but not actually join.

Lol its much more than eating the food they make. I don't even eat the food they make! Its all about the points if you want me to get you a guideline or something message me I can tell you how to do it and get you your points calculated!
There is also a smart phone app to keep track of all your points!

Mockery

« Reply #161 on: August 21, 2011, 04:43:22 PM »

Okay ya'll, I got question.

My mom says my belly is disgusting and not attractive but my boyfriend loves my belly and doesn't want me to loose it. Should I give into peer pressure and loose it like my mom says or should I keep it because my boyfriend likes it?

I have 47 Indja Points

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #162 on: August 21, 2011, 04:56:19 PM »

it sounds like peer pressure either way.

what do you want?

#@!

Mockery

« Reply #163 on: August 21, 2011, 05:00:12 PM »

I don't hate my belly at all. I like it. It's perfectly shaped to my body and I like to eat. I don't care if I have a belly. I'll keep it if it doesn't disappear.

I have 47 Indja Points

murmur

« Reply #164 on: August 21, 2011, 05:47:33 PM »

My mom says my belly is disgusting and not attractive but my boyfriend loves my belly and doesn't want me to loose it. Should I give into peer pressure and loose it like my mom says or should I keep it because my boyfriend likes it?

Love your body and love your belly! Most of all love yourself, sounds like mom doesn't like herself and shes trying to take it out on you. I had that issue growing up. Just know who you are and you'll do the right thing!

Mockery

« Reply #165 on: August 21, 2011, 06:57:55 PM »

Love your body and love your belly! Most of all love yourself, sounds like mom doesn't like herself and shes trying to take it out on you. I had that issue growing up. Just know who you are and you'll do the right thing!
My mother just wants me to be healthy and I'm all for that but I honestly don't wanna be a skinny minny. I enjoy my curves

I have 47 Indja Points

murmur

« Reply #166 on: August 26, 2011, 03:17:32 PM »

Murmur I forgot to respond to your offer to send me points guidelines etc - that would be great and I would much appreciate it!

Sent a message your way :)

Zephyr

« Reply #167 on: August 28, 2011, 03:32:29 PM »

You know what I really hate? People saying "you're not fat" when you obviously are. I would prefer "you're fat but that's ok"

Savannah

• Ich Bin Ein
  • Accidentally on purpose
« Reply #168 on: August 28, 2011, 04:16:54 PM »

You know what I really hate? People saying "you're not fat" when you obviously are. I would prefer "you're fat but that's ok"

Yes and they always say "have you lost some weight?" just because they think it would make you happy to hear.

I always answer "totally no" even if i did lose weight.
Quote from: Amanda Palmer
I mean, we're losers with bandwidth. #LOFNOTC

facebook is like the worst book I've ever read. the characters do not evolve one bit and the plot is going nowhere.

Astica

• Ghost
  • Purportedly decadent.
« Reply #169 on: August 29, 2011, 02:49:44 AM »

This. Not just in relation to weight, but in the sweet-toned denial of anything obvious. It just makes you feel like there is something wrong with you :\
Quote from: Indja
I mean really, my sins are my own - i don't wnat some cunt to swoop in and wipe the slate clean. it is my fucking slate. fuck offf.

Quote from: N.U.
Tricorns are fuckbanana awesome.

Johnny

• Get your leather on
« Reply #170 on: August 29, 2011, 09:40:26 PM »

Now that I've lost 50 pounds I glance in every mirror and shiny surface I pass.

:tongue7:

buttercup.

« Reply #171 on: August 30, 2011, 11:41:21 AM »

Yeah. I think people see me as putting myself down when I say I'm heavier than them. No, I'm being honest. Most of them are far more uncomfortable with their bodies than I am. And normally I'm trying to make a point so it's annoying for them to interrupt me with their scolding.

In other news, my friend taught me how to swim properly yesterday, and it was SO MUCH FUN and all my muscles hurt now, and my skin from the sun. But it was SO MUCH FUN!

Mockery

« Reply #172 on: August 30, 2011, 12:32:44 PM »

But some people are chubby, not fat.

I have 47 Indja Points

theseeker

« Reply #173 on: August 30, 2011, 04:15:46 PM »

Yes and they always say "have you lost some weight?" just because they think it would make you happy to hear.

I always answer "totally no" even if i did lose weight.

Thisthisthis

Also, I lost 17 pounds and my mom's actually making me uncomfortable.
Sorry.

murmur

« Reply #174 on: August 31, 2011, 12:11:39 AM »

Yay congrats how'd you do it!

Johnny

• Get your leather on
« Reply #175 on: August 31, 2011, 12:28:16 PM »

Yay congrats how'd you do it!

I watch my carbs and I got this busy job at a deli working 10 hour shifts.

buttercup.

« Reply #176 on: September 05, 2011, 07:11:26 PM »

I guess this crazy new way of eating is actually making me shrink a bit.
I just got my first "you look thinner!" from someone other than my mother.
Did cheat a bit on the weekend: baked potato and a few beers. But the chocolate cake didn't tempt me.  :headbang:

murmur

« Reply #177 on: September 05, 2011, 08:53:06 PM »

Meh I've hit a plateau the past couple weeks Ive only lost like .5 pounds.

So I am doing a body cleanse! This should be fun :p

slyvia k

« Reply #178 on: September 06, 2011, 10:15:59 AM »

uhmmm i'm a bit confused because though this summer i gained 1 or 2 pounds, my face looks much much slimmer...a bit too much honestly, you can see all my bones. also everyone is like ''OMG you lost so much weight!'' and i know it's not true, but it sounds like i'm those cheeky liars who want to hear how good and slim they look, know what i mean?
i guess -the thin face part- it's cause of me having been stressed and all...
but now, i'd like to get rid of the tummy and get a bit rounder on my face but i don't think it's possible...

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #179 on: September 06, 2011, 03:57:04 PM »

uhmmm i'm a bit confused because though this summer i gained 1 or 2 pounds, my face looks much much slimmer...a bit too much honestly, you can see all my bones. also everyone is like ''OMG you lost so much weight!'' and i know it's not true, but it sounds like i'm those cheeky liars who want to hear how good and slim they look, know what i mean?
i guess -the thin face part- it's cause of me having been stressed and all...
but now, i'd like to get rid of the tummy and get a bit rounder on my face but i don't think it's possible...

muscle weighs more than fat. you can get slimmer while gaining weight.

#@!

tanqgirl

« Reply #180 on: September 11, 2011, 04:29:59 PM »

ya know...i thought i lost weight, but the other day i went to go try pants on and i went up a size  >:(

also now i need to find a workout i can do because i dont have time to run...i work 10 hour shifts but unfortunately most of it is spent sitting down and i dont want to get a fat ass (my ass is big, but i dont want it to be fat too) but i cant wake up early really because i have to wake up at 6 already and i dont want to get attacked by wild animals on my driveway in the dark (and i hate waking up early) and by the time i get home i dont want to go run i want to see my puppies and eat dinner and besides that it's starting to get cold here, and soon it'll snow and seeing as this place might as well be called mini antarctica there's no way in hell i'll be able to run then...

anybody know of a 20-30 min workout that i can do inside with not a WHOLE lot of space that actually works?

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #181 on: September 11, 2011, 07:08:00 PM »

maybe this would work?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/nKCPcRcJmqc" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/nKCPcRcJmqc</a>

#@!

tanqgirl

« Reply #182 on: September 12, 2011, 10:30:19 AM »

perhaps...i found one yesterday that took me 10 mins and wasnt that hard technically, but it kicked my ASS...

like my legs are in pain today...so maybe i'll try that one AND do the other one i found...yay google!

buttercup.

« Reply #183 on: September 15, 2011, 06:02:04 PM »

six pounds AWAY! so awesome.

guuurrrrrllltakeiteasy

• je veux ton coq
    • Mein YouTube
« Reply #184 on: September 22, 2011, 11:29:51 AM »

I had my annual check-up at the doctor's yesterday and he said that I was overweight. But I'm also at the risk of diabetes and heart failure since it runs in the family (diabetes on both sides, though). So now I really have to watch what I eat. And I really have to put an effort into exercising.

Today I weigh 176lbs and stand at 5'10 (although I've been measured at 5'11 and 6' before, so... I don't know what the hell to trust anymore). We'll see where I get to in the next few months. Wish this bitch some luck!!
Sean, mahal kita <3

Fo' shizzle, ma Bizzle.

cuntnugget

Mockery

« Reply #185 on: September 22, 2011, 02:15:16 PM »

I had my annual check-up at the doctor's yesterday and he said that I was overweight. But I'm also at the risk of diabetes and heart failure since it runs in the family (diabetes on both sides, though). So now I really have to watch what I eat. And I really have to put an effort into exercising.

Today I weigh 176lbs and stand at 5'10 (although I've been measured at 5'11 and 6' before, so... I don't know what the hell to trust anymore). We'll see where I get to in the next few months. Wish this bitch some luck!!

I know you can do it. Besides, you can't die. I won't allow it.

I have 47 Indja Points

guuurrrrrllltakeiteasy

• je veux ton coq
    • Mein YouTube
« Reply #186 on: September 28, 2011, 08:50:37 PM »

I know you can do it. Besides, you can't die. I won't allow it.

I have drunk a lot of alcohol in the past week and I broke my diet today after I had fast food! AGHGGHHGHGGHGHGH!!!! Good news though, my mum and I eat mostly white meat (chicken, turkey) and a lot of fish. And I taught her how to cook brown rice, but she keeps burning the damn thing!!! I made it once and it was POIFEC!

Also, the exercise I've been doing is 45-minute bike rides around my neighbourhood, but I've been forcing myself to go up hills and stick more with hill-y roads instead of pure flat road. The result: Still at 176lbs. I will say that I drop down to 170 in the morning. So I'm assuming I eat and drink so much that I gain 5-6 pounds during the day, that or my shit weighs a fucking tonne. Which is so gross.
Sean, mahal kita <3

Fo' shizzle, ma Bizzle.

cuntnugget

absynth aura

• Fill me with your
« Reply #187 on: September 30, 2011, 12:44:21 AM »

People keep commenting on how I look like I've lost weight. But I still feel gross.
I wanna try and get into some sort of shape.
I keep debating joining a gym, but I can't really afford it right now, and even if I could, I get so tired after work that I wouldn't want to go.
Blah, maybe I'll just watch what I eat, and when I eat etc.

[/random thoughts]

Zephyr

« Reply #188 on: September 30, 2011, 09:20:16 AM »

I've been on a diet for 2 days now and I've already lost 2kg (google says 4,4lb).

It's a good start (but I still have a looong way to go)

buttercup.

« Reply #189 on: October 01, 2011, 03:10:57 AM »

I've lost a lot more weight than I thought I had.  A few months ago, I was wearing a size 12 up top to accommodate my massive boobs, and 10 on the bottom.  I haven't bought clothes for months and bought a t-shirt and shorts a couple of weeks ago, the top fit me and turned out to be a size 8 and the shorts were size 10 and a bit baggy.  I'm alright with this, but I don't want to lose all my boobage.  At the moment I'm nicely in proportion, though, so it's not a problem.  I should be celebrating, because I have been working pretty hard, but I can't afford to replace all my clothes and I'm on the smallest hole in my belt.

Ten! If only I could get to a ten!
But I've got to be on my way.

I've got this pair of 12 pants that I bought when I was a 16 because they were just that awesome, thinking I'd make em fit me somehow.
They've been sitting with my winter stuff, and I decided to try em on.
THEY FIT.
super tight, and not quite ready, but they zipped.

and a size 8 dress I found from oodles of years ago, that wasn't even ever mine, fit me like a glove.

I don't know if I've dropped more weight, but this is awesome.

absynth aura

• Fill me with your
« Reply #190 on: October 01, 2011, 04:34:49 AM »

I noticed today, that I've gone down a size in the tops in my wardrobe!
Pants haven't changed.

But I'm determined to lose more before I go state-side, because I know I'll put it all back on, especially in San Fran.

Mockery

« Reply #191 on: October 01, 2011, 12:21:42 PM »

I think one my life has some more structure, I'm going to pick up walking again. I really need to keep my weight in check but I don't want to force myself to eat shitty food.

I have 47 Indja Points

absynth aura

• Fill me with your
« Reply #192 on: October 03, 2011, 03:26:50 AM »

I'm making a work out playlist. And once it clears up a bit, I'm going to start going to the beach before coming home after work and going for runs/walks.
I can do this!

marie_x

• lovefool
  • <3
« Reply #193 on: October 03, 2011, 11:35:21 AM »

Gonna start working out.
trust me, he's no valentine. though he said he would be mine, his heart is in alaska all the time.

spider jerusalem

• forever a
« Reply #194 on: October 03, 2011, 08:45:55 PM »

Gonna start working out.

Same. Though I already practice sports regulary, I want to gain some muscles. 

Anyway... When doing the trial to build up my drill, I discovered that:

1. I'm 1,59m, not 1,63m
2. I weigh 51kg, not 54kg.
3. I have 9.00% of fat. And a percentage I don´t remember that is quite high and is related to how lean body mass I have. In other words, I thought I was bellow my weight and not that healthy, but they said my results were excellent.

I assembled this team for purposes of a League of Extraordinary Gentlemen thing, but in reading this thread it occurs to me they're all highly bangable. Yeah, even Spider Jerusalem.

marie_x

• lovefool
  • <3
« Reply #195 on: October 03, 2011, 09:21:47 PM »

I only weigh 102, and I'm 4'11.
I'm just not fit AT ALL.
trust me, he's no valentine. though he said he would be mine, his heart is in alaska all the time.

guuurrrrrllltakeiteasy

• je veux ton coq
    • Mein YouTube
« Reply #196 on: October 06, 2011, 02:31:32 AM »

Wow! I'm one whole foot taller than you!

My exercise has consisted of brisk walking long distances and riding my bike for 40-minutes to an hour. I will have to start running and then sprinting. I also have a jump rope, I should get back on that. I keep fucking up on the jump rope, though. Like, not even tripping once or twice, I mean tripping every fucking time.
Sean, mahal kita <3

Fo' shizzle, ma Bizzle.

cuntnugget

spider jerusalem

• forever a
« Reply #197 on: October 06, 2011, 10:12:39 PM »

I only weigh 102, and I'm 4'11.
I'm just not fit AT ALL.

Do you know why Royal System makes me mad? 4'11 afaik, is 1,22m. That is a child height. But 102 pounds is 46,27kg, which is too much for 1,22m. I'm really confused...  :o (help?)

EDIT: never mind. Just figured out there is another conversion I have to make before getting the real result... so, you are 1,50m.

murmur

« Reply #198 on: October 07, 2011, 07:18:20 PM »

THANK YOU BABY JEEEZZZUUUSS

Out of my plateau I lost 1.6 pounds this week!!

WOOO !

Mockery

« Reply #199 on: October 07, 2011, 08:33:48 PM »

I'm going back on my dieting regiment. I'm going to use my books again.

I have 47 Indja Points

buttercup.

« Reply #200 on: October 11, 2011, 10:57:45 AM »

I have a whole sack of clothes to give away. Some nice stuff too, kind of sad, but in a leaping happy sort of way. I had to wear the same pair of pants twice in a row because of my utter lack of clothing. Have to get some laundry done, but even then there are only two other pairs of pants I can fit.
Everything is so big on me now, except my boobs are still around.
Which is not too bad.
Not too bad at all.

slyvia k

« Reply #201 on: October 12, 2011, 10:17:34 AM »

yeah, that sucks about weight loss. with jumpers etc, you can still wear them and flaunt the oversize fashion...
but pants, naah, large pants (especially large skinny pants that hang in all the wrong places) are definitely a no no... =(

buttercup.

« Reply #202 on: October 14, 2011, 11:07:45 AM »

I'm still curvy, so I can't wear baggy stuff as much. Not yet anyway. I think I've lost a cup size, but I still see boob when I look down. No stomach, just boob.
Not complaining though.

Astica

• Ghost
  • Purportedly decadent.
« Reply #203 on: December 14, 2011, 03:19:19 AM »

Stomach swelling from eating cheap, easy food in large quantities while stressed to fuck (think lots of toast and potatoes). Combating this by using my last $14 to make enough delicious negative calorie soup to last me until tuesday (hopefully).

The main point of this is feeding myself for a week, but I'm deliberately trying to do it in a way that wont make me fatter. I also decided to do exercisy things every morning (push ups, curl ups etc), and did so for the last two days, then had such wicked menstrual cramps when I woke up this morning that I kind of refused to and spent the extra time sitting in bed drinking hot chocolate instead. Baby steps.

I don't actually weigh much, it just seems that all of my body mass seems to hang in unfortunate places.
I mean really, my sins are my own - i don't wnat some cunt to swoop in and wipe the slate clean. it is my fucking slate. fuck offf.

absynth aura

• Fill me with your
« Reply #204 on: December 14, 2011, 04:01:33 AM »

I've been running around like a headless chicken the last month, and haven't really been eating a lot, or properly, for that matter.
I feel like this is not being very productive in the long run.

spider jerusalem

• forever a
« Reply #205 on: December 14, 2011, 07:36:30 AM »

I've gained 3,200Kg on the past 2 months.  :D

PS.: that is good, since this is not  fat gain.

Captain Oblivious

« Reply #206 on: December 14, 2011, 10:00:53 AM »

I've gained 3,200Kg on the past 2 months.  :D

PS.: that is good, since this is not  fat gain.

Here that means you gained over 3thousand kg lol, but I realise you mean 3.2kg :P

spider jerusalem

• forever a
« Reply #207 on: December 14, 2011, 10:11:29 AM »

Here that means you gained over 3thousand kg lol, but I realise you mean 3.2kg :P

Hehehe! I realized now that you mentioned.  ;D

We use comma as decimal separator (I think in German they use it too), not period. Period is for thousand, and only for money. For instance:

£1.000,00
3,2T
3200,00Kg   

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #208 on: December 14, 2011, 11:34:00 AM »

I've been running around like a headless chicken the last month, and haven't really been eating a lot, or properly, for that matter.

just make sure you eat something as soon as you wake up. it's not a sure solution, but it can minimize the bad stuff.

absynth aura

• Fill me with your
« Reply #209 on: December 14, 2011, 12:02:47 PM »

just make sure you eat something as soon as you wake up. it's not a sure solution, but it can minimize the bad stuff.
Yeah I do. Breakfast is the only meal that is guaranteed.
Either I skip lunch or have something small
And same with dinner because I get home and crash.

buttercup.

« Reply #210 on: January 30, 2012, 11:57:36 AM »

I don't know how much weight I've lost, but six pant sizes, two cups, and down a number around my ribz have come to pass  :headbang:
Just got new undies, which was long over do. So comfy.

slyvia k

« Reply #211 on: January 30, 2012, 12:21:43 PM »

I don't know how much weight I've lost, but six pant sizes, two cups, and down a number around my ribz have come to pass  :headbang:
WOWWWW! way too go (even though you've always been gorgeous malilove)  :love5:

buttercup.

« Reply #212 on: January 30, 2012, 12:32:34 PM »

WOWWWW! way too go (even though you've always been gorgeous malilove)  :love5:

<3 Thankee.

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #213 on: January 30, 2012, 06:55:05 PM »

Are you SURE you're getting enough to eat?

Some people will never be satisfied.....

You look great.  :)

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #214 on: February 05, 2012, 03:28:16 PM »

Still pissed at myself for coming down with lazysoditis and pretty much blowing off the whole month of December...my "routine" such as it was, was a 3.5-4 mile walk 3 or 4 times a week; this went back to the end of October 2010. I went out 5 times total in December, and it's not like it was brutally cold or dangerously icy or snowy for more than a day or two. No matter - I got back to normal the 2nd week of January, and this month I've been out every day.

:glasses9:

absynth aura

• Fill me with your
« Reply #215 on: February 05, 2012, 06:23:34 PM »

I've been walking a tonne the last few weeks and feeling really great. This is something I can see continuing when I get home.

guuurrrrrllltakeiteasy

• je veux ton coq
    • Mein YouTube
« Reply #216 on: February 06, 2012, 02:09:43 AM »

Okay. So. I have some things to say.

I got really bad indigestion during the holidays (to the point that I felt too nauseous when standing up) so I laid off meats, fish, and dairy for about two weeks. I was basically vegan for those two weeks (well not exactly because I had honey in my tea). That was about a month ago. I played around with a vegetarian diet and I decided that I liked fish too much to give it up, so now I'm pescatarian. And I just want to say that I lost 5 pounds, and about an inch off my waist. I can fit into pants that were too tight to close around my hips a month ago. Along with eating healthier and smarter, I do a lot of yoga, and walking. I recently joined a gym, and I went out for a run the other night and I learned that I actually enjoy running. Wow, I never thought I'd say that. In fact, I never thought I'd put on a pair of running shoes and run. Ever. Bike, swim, play tag with friends, other sport-yish things that involve using your legs to move quickly, but running for exercise? Pfft, no. I didn't think I'd ever do it, but I did and I really, really enjoyed myself. I always told myself that I'd exercise more if I had a dog - this was my excuse to not go out and get fresh air. But when you have Girl Anachronism blasting on your iPhone, those 3 minutes go by like a second.

Also, I love exercising in the winter because I fucking hate the cold, so to beat the cold I exercise to keep warm, and now that I love running, well. You know keeping warm won't be an issue for me any longer.

Hope everyone stays super fucking healthy! Everything in moderation!
Sean, mahal kita <3

Fo' shizzle, ma Bizzle.

cuntnugget

buttercup.

« Reply #217 on: February 06, 2012, 09:13:30 PM »

^That's awesome!! I love walking, I might eventually graduate to running. And I can actually do that all now because ever since I quit gluten, I've gotten no blisters on my feet! It's a bloody miracle! (I've been getting them since about three years old)

Funny story, I put on this wool under shirt and a t-shirt on top of it. This shirt was super cute and tight when I got it. It's also my ex's favourite shirt, because it fit him like a glove (he now knows the power of girly cut shirts).
I looked in the mirror...and it was HANGING OFF ME.
As well as my pants, but that's not surprising.
I was just shocked.
I looked like a hoodlum...a super skinny one.

this whole thing is just blowing my mind.

lentower

• len's web sight
getting started:

further back:

Captain Oblivious

lentower

• len's web sight
getting started:

further back:

guuurrrrrllltakeiteasy

• je veux ton coq
    • Mein YouTube
« Reply #221 on: February 10, 2012, 05:31:36 PM »

Okay. So. I have some things to say.

I got really bad indigestion during the holidays (to the point that I felt too nauseous when standing up) so I laid off meats, fish, and dairy for about two weeks. I was basically vegan for those two weeks (well not exactly because I had honey in my tea). That was about a month ago. I played around with a vegetarian diet and I decided that I liked fish too much to give it up, so now I'm pescatarian. And I just want to say that I lost 5 pounds, and about an inch off my waist. I can fit into pants that were too tight to close around my hips a month ago. Along with eating healthier and smarter, I do a lot of yoga, and walking. I recently joined a gym, and I went out for a run the other night and I learned that I actually enjoy running. Wow, I never thought I'd say that. In fact, I never thought I'd put on a pair of running shoes and run. Ever. Bike, swim, play tag with friends, other sport-yish things that involve using your legs to move quickly, but running for exercise? Pfft, no. I didn't think I'd ever do it, but I did and I really, really enjoyed myself. I always told myself that I'd exercise more if I had a dog - this was my excuse to not go out and get fresh air. But when you have Girl Anachronism blasting on your iPhone, those 3 minutes go by like a second.

Also, I love exercising in the winter because I fucking hate the cold, so to beat the cold I exercise to keep warm, and now that I love running, well. You know keeping warm won't be an issue for me any longer.

Hope everyone stays super fucking healthy! Everything in moderation!

My initial weight before losing it was 178lbs. I'm now down to 165 lbs. And I can fit into a bunch of stuff.
Sean, mahal kita <3

Fo' shizzle, ma Bizzle.

cuntnugget

slyvia k

« Reply #222 on: February 12, 2012, 06:23:44 PM »

man i've gotten some weighttttttt. maybe like 4 pounds osince before xmas but i feel supergross and some pants don't fit as well as they did
but i'm just superstressed with exams so i do a lot of eating junk in between meals...
also seeing my gf like once every two weeks or so.
chocolate gives me comfort. but i don't want a fat asssss! (note: fatter than my fat ass usually is, whch i'm perfectly fine with!)
i probably need to indulge in other vices?
or i should get addicted to sports. like, to running, or something, but it's FREEZING cold outside
and i spend my days in my PJs studying...
GAAAH

Blue Canary

• You can't ignore my techno
« Reply #223 on: February 12, 2012, 11:42:52 PM »

^That's awesome!! I love walking, I might eventually graduate to running. And I can actually do that all now because ever since I quit gluten, I've gotten no blisters on my feet! It's a bloody miracle! (I've been getting them since about three years old)

Funny story, I put on this wool under shirt and a t-shirt on top of it. This shirt was super cute and tight when I got it. It's also my ex's favourite shirt, because it fit him like a glove (he now knows the power of girly cut shirts).
I looked in the mirror...and it was HANGING OFF ME.
As well as my pants, but that's not surprising.
I was just shocked.
I looked like a hoodlum...a super skinny one.

this whole thing is just blowing my mind.

Judging by the recent pictures I've seen of you, you have lost so much weight since I've seen you! Gurl, you fine (thought you always were  O0)!

I have lost 12 pounds since last year and I'm so proud of myself. :3
You should totally barf on all their dicks. I will help.

buttercup.

« Reply #224 on: February 13, 2012, 12:15:11 AM »

We be hotz gurlz. We should go pick up awkward guys at bookstores.  8)

Blue Canary

« Reply #225 on: February 13, 2012, 12:24:56 AM »

But does it work if the girl is also awkward? x_x

Pope Totalfrog

• AKA Arse Fez von Titty Biscuit
  • Queen of the wild (suburban) frontier.
    • twitter
« Reply #226 on: February 13, 2012, 12:27:31 AM »

Oh look, you just wrote the script for the next Zooey Deschanel movie.  >:D
Wow. Froggie's like a superhero...
Trick question: No matter how they're prepared, and how hungry you may be, tarantulas are NOT food

Blue Canary

« Reply #227 on: February 13, 2012, 12:35:35 AM »

Oh man.
Not quite because she would get the guy in the end. Mine would just be "OH WELL. BYE."

On-topic: My ADD medication helped my lose weight. Not that I'm advocating using it solely to lose weight, but it helped me with portion control because I have nearly NO self-control when it comes to foo. :[

buttercup.

« Reply #228 on: February 13, 2012, 12:48:57 AM »

Foo is pretty tough, hence why there are fighters. Foo fighters.

We can be awkward together.

Blue Canary

« Reply #229 on: February 13, 2012, 02:00:04 AM »

Foo is pretty tough, hence why there are fighters. Foo fighters.

We can be awkward together.

:love5:

Astica

• Ghost
  • Purportedly decadent.
« Reply #230 on: February 13, 2012, 04:21:50 PM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh, weight loss? Yeah, I've been stressed to fuck and have gained about 2kg in the past month. Oh well. A girl I used to go to high school with recently started posting this blog about her weight  loss, I can't remember if I've linked it here yet or not.

absynth aura

• Fill me with your
« Reply #231 on: March 22, 2012, 03:50:15 AM »

I figure that in order to get my ass into gear, I've decided to set rewards for each goal I reach. So I shall be rewarding myself with a tattoo for each goal...well that's the plan anywhere.

guuurrrrrllltakeiteasy

• je veux ton coq
    • Mein YouTube
« Reply #232 on: March 25, 2012, 10:36:23 PM »

I figure that in order to get my ass into gear, I've decided to set rewards for each goal I reach. So I shall be rewarding myself with a tattoo for each goal...well that's the plan anywhere.

That is the sickest plan, ever!!! Oh, I'm totally going to steal this now.
Sean, mahal kita <3

Fo' shizzle, ma Bizzle.

cuntnugget

absynth aura

• Fill me with your
« Reply #233 on: March 26, 2012, 02:02:46 AM »

That is the sickest plan, ever!!! Oh, I'm totally going to steal this now.

Woo! As long as it works for us!!!

murmur

« Reply #234 on: March 26, 2012, 10:44:09 PM »

Boyfriend just lost 20 pounds in two weeks doing the 4 hour body (slow carb)
So I started and lost 10 in a week. Wooo hopefully this works out for us!!

slyvia k

« Reply #235 on: March 27, 2012, 05:58:23 AM »

what is the 4 hour body? that sounds like a LOT of weight!
best of luck dear :)

murmur

« Reply #236 on: March 27, 2012, 08:40:58 AM »

what is the 4 hour body? that sounds like a LOT of weight!
best of luck dear :)
Its a lot of eating in all seriousness. I have never ate so much in my life.
Heres the plan all summed up!

The Slow-Carb Diet (From Tim Ferriss’ book the 4 Hour Body)

So here are the rules:

Rule #1 - Avoid ‘white’ carbohydrates
-  Avoid any carbohydrate that is, or can be, white. The following foods are prohibited - All bread, rice (including brown), cereal, potatoes, pasta (even whole wheat), tortillas, and fried food with breading. This also includes quinoa, oatmeal, and couscous. (I know they are good for you, but the purpose of this program is to get ALL of your carbs from legumes and vegetables)

Rule #2 - Eat the same few meals over and over again
-  The most successful dieters, regardless of whether their goal is muscle gain or fat-loss, eat the same few meals over and over again.  Mix and match from the following list, constructing each meal with one pick from each of the three groups.

Proteins - Eggs (preferably organic), Chicken breast, Beef (preferably grass-fed), Fish, Pork, and other lean meats

Legumes - Lentils, Black beans, Pinto beans, Red beans, and other beans

Vegetables - Spinach, Asparagus, Broccoli, Green beans, etc.

You are allowed to eat as much of the above groups as you like, there is no portion control in this program.

Rule #3 - Don’t drink your calories
-  Drink massive quantities of water (you can also drink unsweetened tea and coffee…with no more than 2tbsp of of cream). Do no drink milk (including soy milk), soft drinks (even diet), or fruit juice. *Tip - I put a bunch of tea bags into a pitcher of water and keep it in the fridge.  You are allowed up to 2 glasses of red wine per night.

Rule #4 - Don’t eat fruit!
-  The only exception to this are tomatoes and avocados. Fruit is loaded with fructose/sugar which pretty much equals fat storage

Rule #5 - Take one day off per week
-  Your cheat day breakfast should still be a Slow-Carb Diet breakfast. The rest of the day you are allowed to eat any and as much junk as you like. The science behind allowing you to do this tells us that dramatically spiking caloric intake this way once per week increases fat-loss by ensuring that your metabolic rate doesn’t downshift from extended caloric restriction. Basically it keeps your metabolism on it’s toes, never allowing it to adapt, which would cause it to plateau (aka slow down). Keep your cheat day on the same day of the week during the program - I like to use Saturdays as my cheat day.

Rule #6 - No Dairy
-  No cheese, milk, yogurt or any other dairy products

Rule #7 - Have a handful of nuts with each meal
-  The good fats and the protein from the nuts will help promote fat loss and help sustain longer energy

Tip #1 - What should I eat for snacks?
-  There should be no need, or real physical urge, to eat snacks. If you are hungry between meals, you’re not eating enough protein and legumes at each meal. This is an uber-common screwup. I’ve been there too. EAT MORE! If you must snack, snack on vegetables. Or just have another Slow-Carb meal. If you get headaches or have other symptoms of low blood sugar, 90% of the time it will be because you are not eating enough.

Tip #2 - Do I really have to binge one a week?
-  Yes, it is important to spike caloric intake once per week. This causes a host of hormonal changes that improve fat-loss. In addition, everyone binges eventually on a diet, why not schedule it ahead of time to limit the damage? The psychological benefits outweigh even the hormonal and metabolic benefits…”you mean I’m allowed to have ice cream and cake and beer and pizza???”

Tip #3 - What about breakfast?
-  Most of my breakfasts consist of eggs, lentils, and spinach. I get my lentils/beans straight from the can. I also add salsa to my eggs as well (salsa is a great way to increase taste in your meals)

Tip #4 - What if I eat out all the time?
-  First thing, Mexican restaurants are perfect on this program, even Chipotle. Just get a meal with meat, beans, veggies, salsa and guacamole (yes guacamole is good!). Stay away from the tortilla, rice, cheese, sour cream and you’ll have a great Slow-Carb meal! As for other restaurants, order a piece of meat with a side of veggies. Try to get some beans as well, but if they don’t, substitute with a salad loaded with healthy veggies.

Tip #5 - I also add a serving of nuts/seeds with every meal as well. I got into this habit from last months challenge and have found greater sources of energy in doing this.

So, here’s a summary of the rules:
Rule #1 - Avoid ‘white’ carbs (or anything that can be white)
Rule #2 - Eat the same few meals over and over again
Rule #3 - Don’t drink calories
Rule #4 - Don’t eat fruit
Rule #5 - Take one day off per week and go nuts
Rule #6 - No dairy
Rule #7 - Eat a handful of nuts with each meal

spider jerusalem

• forever a
« Reply #237 on: March 27, 2012, 08:54:20 AM »

Im not an expert, but this "dont eat fruit" sounds bollocks. There is more to fruits them just "sugar and fructose".

Nevertheless, I lost 1.2 KG of muscles and gain some fat. That means: I need to quit this bloody job

slyvia k

« Reply #238 on: March 27, 2012, 10:56:19 AM »

thanks murmum! that sounds quite doable  ^-^

Im not an expert, but this "dont eat fruit" sounds bollocks. There is more to fruits them just "sugar and fructose".

Nevertheless, I lost 1.2 KG of muscles and gain some fat. That means: I need to quit this bloody job
yeah but i don't think it's supposed to be a ''forever'' thing, right?
you can do it for a while and then go on eating as usual (cause i don't really put on weight when i eat ''normally''...)

spider jerusalem

• forever a
« Reply #239 on: March 27, 2012, 12:05:37 PM »

This morning I weighed 9 stone 2. This is the lightest I've been since it was the average for my age, so like years. About 3 years ago I dieted and got down to 9, 6. I proud and today I am wearing shorts for the first time in years, too. And I feel pretty confident in them.
O0

yeah but i don't think it's supposed to be a ''forever'' thing, right?
you can do it for a while and then go on eating as usual (cause i don't really put on weight when i eat ''normally''...)

You are right. It is probably for a short time. 

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #240 on: March 27, 2012, 01:36:51 PM »

This morning I weighed 9 stone 2. This is the lightest I've been since it was the average for my age, so like years. About 3 years ago I dieted and got down to 9, 6. I proud and today I am wearing shorts for the first time in years, too. And I feel pretty confident in them.
Pix Pls  O0   :coolsmiley:   ^-^

fixed.   :)

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #241 on: March 27, 2012, 02:28:55 PM »

I actually did just post a pic, dude.
I saw.  I was going for the immediate-gratification ha-ha...

(thank you for your cooperation.)

(Oh, and you look both fit and trim in said photo.  Good going!)

spider jerusalem

• forever a
« Reply #242 on: March 27, 2012, 07:17:09 PM »

[/quote]

;D

As a matter of fact, I was going to come here and post the link to the mentioned picture and the above smiles.

Thanks. My legs are still a work in progress at the moment, been trying to tan them a bit today.

If I try to tan myself, I get burnt. So I have to use 40fps solar blocker. Meaning even though I live in the tropics, Im white as an English man. And Im not trying to compare my legs with yours, if it sounded like it.

Blue Canary

« Reply #243 on: April 01, 2012, 02:14:23 AM »

I found out last month that I've lost 15 lbs (~6 kg) in the past year.
I think I may actually buy a two-piece swim suit this summer...
Unfortunately, I am now part of the "Itty Bitty Titty Committee". -_-

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #244 on: April 01, 2012, 09:18:01 AM »

nothing wrong with that.

at all. 

:glasses9:

Blue Canary

« Reply #245 on: April 01, 2012, 11:51:30 AM »

Except when none of your bras fit. That shit's expensive!

guuurrrrrllltakeiteasy

• je veux ton coq
    • Mein YouTube
« Reply #246 on: April 01, 2012, 12:08:39 PM »

I have lost a lot of weight, but I have also lost some muscle mass due partly because I left the gym for 2 weeks because I had the flu. But I'm back into practise. I started HIIT which is High Intensity Interval Training. Basically you run on a treadmill, you have a constant speed number which we'll say is 3.5 and you walk that for about a minute then you start to sprint at a speed like 7.5 for 30 seconds. Then go back to 3.5 for a minute, then sprint again except you change the sprint speed to something higher. Anyway, the more you "damage" your muscles the longer it takes to repair therefore more calories and fat are burned in the process of repairing those muscles. You'll still be burning calories hours after you've left the gym. And it speeds up your metabolism like nuts.

I've included fish in my diet, but I still don't eat other meats like chicken or pork. My sister talked to her trainer and apparently your body needs meat like turkey, chicken, and some red, in order to gain muscle and lose weight due to the high protein intake from those meats. But fish is still good, so Im not complaining. It's just that it will take longer to gain muscle because I'm on a vegetarian/pescatarian diet.

ANYWHOOOOOOO.
Sean, mahal kita <3

Fo' shizzle, ma Bizzle.

cuntnugget

buttercup.

« Reply #247 on: August 23, 2012, 03:10:13 PM »

HAI GUYZZ.

I didn't go to the gym today, so what a day to post about all the gym things I've been doing! HA HA!

But I will go tonight; I go to this dancey thing called Zumba and it's a lot of fun. I try to speed walk at least two miles every morning on the treadmill, and I might go after lunch actually because I don't quite feel right unless I've gone no where fast

I don't know if I've lost weight, but I'm a solid dress size ten now, my bewbies are back down to B/C, and I'm looking rather dapper.

My diet secrets are: being allergic to everything. Which is why I didn't go this morning, because I had a benadryl hangover after having a severe allergic reaction to some antibiotics I was taking for an infection caused by an allergic reaction I had to eating mother fucking creamcheese.

and that's my life.  :violent5:

Tiervexx

« Reply #248 on: August 26, 2012, 07:33:58 PM »

I've recently lost 11 lbs.  It was thanks to the "stop stuffing your fucking face" diet.

I am now serious about finally getting a six pack... I've always wanted one.

absynth aura

• Fill me with your
« Reply #249 on: August 26, 2012, 08:30:18 PM »

I am now serious about finally getting a six pack... I've always wanted one.

Same here. Although, I still have a layer to work through before I get to that point.

Pope Totalfrog

• AKA Arse Fez von Titty Biscuit
  • Queen of the wild (suburban) frontier.
    • twitter
« Reply #250 on: June 26, 2013, 03:15:53 AM »

I'm down 8.5kg and I have a bunch left to go. Today I saw someone I haven't seen for ages and they noticed that I had lost weight. I am rather pleased with myself now.
Wow. Froggie's like a superhero...
Trick question: No matter how they're prepared, and how hungry you may be, tarantulas are NOT food

N.U.

• Initials... OF DOOM!
« Reply #251 on: June 26, 2013, 12:26:25 PM »

I'm down to 185 which is almost 100 lbs less than my highest weight 6 years ago.

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #252 on: September 04, 2013, 09:03:15 PM »

this is bordering on breathtaking: a woman made a gif of her year-long weight loss.

sangrebloom

• I'm working toward something, I don't know what...
« Reply #253 on: September 05, 2013, 04:20:07 AM »

My diet secrets are: being allergic to everything. Which is why I didn't go this morning, because I had a benadryl hangover after having a severe allergic reaction to some antibiotics I was taking for an infection caused by an allergic reaction I had to eating mother fucking creamcheese.

and that's my life.  :violent5:

That really fucking sucks.

I have mostly cut all sugared drinks out of my diet.  That includes my love for spirits and mostly Cognac.   
I had to google pegging.

"I'm generally confused - I can't hear you over my obnoxious wealth"

Indja Points:40

absynth aura

• Fill me with your
« Reply #254 on: September 05, 2013, 05:41:27 AM »

this is bordering on breathtaking: a woman made a gif of her year-long weight loss.

That is amazing.

So I've lost about 20 kg since moving out of home 6 months ago. And it's not even really a change in diet, it's from eating smaller portions, and exercising more.
Best thing is, I'm now a M, or L in tops, and generally a 34 in pants. WINNING!

N.U.

• Initials... OF DOOM!
« Reply #255 on: September 05, 2013, 02:22:50 PM »

I've been gone for most of the summer, but in that time I have lost 30lbs. I'm down to 180 lbs. Considering 6 years ago I was around 280, this is HUGE. or not HUGE as the case may be.

turtle club

• genuine mint condition
  • shiny
    • my deviant art
« Reply #256 on: September 20, 2013, 06:42:45 AM »

I found out last month that I've lost 15 lbs (~6 kg) in the past year.
I think I may actually buy a two-piece swim suit this summer...
Unfortunately, I am now part of the "Itty Bitty Titty Committee". -_-

welcome to the club!!! XD

absynth aura

• Fill me with your
« Reply #257 on: December 02, 2013, 01:07:13 PM »

This past Sunday, we had a charity fun run for work, 5k, and my friend and I were the only ones who ran the thing. A year ago I wouldn't have been able to even run the first kilometer!

I'm also now finally noticing how much weight I've lost when I look in the mirror, after everyone around me has been mentioning it for at least a month. I'm down to 83kg from the 100 or so I was in April this year, and I've definitely become a lot fitter, and a lot more comfident with myself.
I've got another 8kg to go until my goal weight, but because I know I'm also building muscle, I'm not too fussed by how long it might take to get there, or if it will even be possible without looking too thin.

But go me!

Astica

• Ghost
  • Purportedly decadent.
« Reply #258 on: December 26, 2014, 04:08:40 AM »

Today I bought a couple of new dresses online and since my waist size is a full dress size bigger than my boob size, I considered going on a diet of some kind so that my dresses would fit me properly. I ended up browsing the pro-ana/mia sections of tumblr, and was confused to realise that I look like the girls in a lot of the thinspo pictures. Pretty sure my waist isn't too big, I think this is just tiny boobs strike again. Also standard dress sizes being ridiculous.

In other news, I will continue to necropost until the 'box comes back to life again :( miss you cats.

Faloleen

« Reply #259 on: December 26, 2014, 06:15:28 AM »

I have almost none visible waist line and small boobs and finding good fitting dress is a nightmare! Also I do not like having bare shoulders so I wear dresses with sleeves. And knee lenght only. So it is a miracle that I own any dresses at all! I seriously consider investing into two or three custom made pieces.
And I really want the Box to come back to life!
Fate is not a factor.

lentower

• len's web sight
« Reply #260 on: December 27, 2014, 02:44:22 PM »

You want the sbox to come back to like, post more & invite others.
getting started:

further back:

Astica

• Ghost
  • Purportedly decadent.
« Reply #261 on: December 30, 2014, 04:43:20 AM »

Posting more! Might hassle some 'boxers on fb to see if they'll come back :P

I have a corset and a couple of cincher belts I guess I could wear with this dress if it's too tight around my stomach and makes it look huge, but I don't know if I like wearing them :\

Faloleen

« Reply #262 on: December 30, 2014, 07:38:34 AM »

Posting more! Might hassle some 'boxers on fb to see if they'll come back :P

I have a corset and a couple of cincher belts I guess I could wear with this dress if it's too tight around my stomach and makes it look huge, but I don't know if I like wearing them :\

Good idea, go hassle them! :)

I'm thinking of buying a corset but mostly I prefer feeling comfortable over being squeezed.
Fate is not a factor.

Astica

• Ghost
  • Purportedly decadent.
« Reply #263 on: January 01, 2015, 07:10:19 AM »

If you get a decent steel boned one and it's tied up well/in the right place you'll feel held together tight but not like you're being squeezed :)

Faloleen

« Reply #264 on: January 02, 2015, 07:44:59 AM »

Good to know! I will give it a try then.
Fate is not a factor.

Annebelle.

• Trampeltier
« Reply #265 on: January 02, 2015, 09:49:10 AM »

Over the course of 6 months I lost almost 6kg. I stopped over eating on a regular basis and started swimming. After 3 months, I gave up on the swimming because they're renovating the pool, which means more people in the part that's still open: no fun. But I'm still losing weight because of the better eating patterns and portion control. 2kg until I'm down to my goal weight!

lentower

• len's web sight
« Reply #266 on: January 04, 2015, 04:44:30 AM »

Over the course of 6 months I lost almost 6kg. I stopped over eating on a regular basis and started swimming. After 3 months, I gave up on the swimming because they're renovating the pool, which means more people in the part that's still open: no fun. But I'm still losing weight because of the better eating patterns and portion control. 2kg until I'm down to my goal weight!

Congrats!!!

Any other exercise you might do?
getting started:

further back:

absynth aura

• Fill me with your
« Reply #267 on: January 18, 2015, 11:47:06 PM »

I don't think I ever posted my before/after photo here...
On the left, I was 18, the right was taken last July

But this is the most recent photo of me, taken on NYE

Basically, I cleaned up my diet and started running even more. Did my first half Marathon in October...

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #268 on: January 19, 2015, 12:30:48 AM »

Dang, son....  Lookin' good there.   O0

Faloleen

« Reply #269 on: January 19, 2015, 06:58:11 AM »

Wow, absynth aura, you are one good looking man!
Fate is not a factor.

absynth aura

• Fill me with your
« Reply #270 on: January 20, 2015, 05:23:02 AM »

Many thanks  :coolsmiley: :D

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 19 [All]   Go Up