THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

One of the most important things you will ever do (as a fan of AFP, at least): Sign up for THE MAILING LIST!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kittens Shouldn't Die  (Read 1339 times)

FuriousMuse

Kittens Shouldn't Die
« on: January 08, 2015, 11:53:02 PM »

There is a disease called Feline Infectious Peritonitis. It targets kittens. It's not testable. It's fatal.

My sweet, innocent, 8-month old kitten, whom I named Mogget after a cat demon from a book I liked when I was 12, was only with me a month. But he was the best little thing to ever be orange and stripey. For some reason, this seemed like the best possible place to declare: this is perhaps the least fair thing I have seen happen in my life so far. He will be missed.

AnaRusalka

• Bot Detection Mistress
Re: Kittens Shouldn't Die
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 06:03:22 PM »

You know, my family had a similar thing happen once about five years ago. We'd gotten three new kittens (sort of by accident, lol. My uncle is a SUCKER for baby kitties), and only a few months later one of them was in some manor of accident, the nature of which we still don't know. He seemed lethargic and weak, and we got worried. We took him to the vet and found out he'd had a concussion, and they had to put him to sleep.

He was named Siddhartha (Sid for short), and we all thought it was both sad and somehow fitting that the cat we'd named after the Buddha would teach us about impermanence.
The beautiful artwork for my avatar can be found at http://vmbui.deviantart.com/art/fishbowl-133354297

Please support this amazing artist. Her work is incredible. :3

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
Re: Kittens Shouldn't Die
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 12:33:42 AM »

I'm very sorry to hear it.   :'(

Since I was a kid, our cats have ALWAYS lived to their late-teens, but now
my 10-ish year old has a cancerous growth in his nose.... The vet is not optimistic.   :sad7:
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?
Pages: [1]   Go Up