THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Want some free music? Most of AFP's discography (as well as The Dolls, side-projects, and more) is available for free+donation on Bandcamp

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 19  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Weight Loss...  (Read 42029 times)

The King of Carrot Flowers

• 67 Indja Points
    • Surviving in a World of Stylish Peril
Re: Weight Loss...
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2008, 10:23:37 PM »

I CANNOT STAND TRACK SUITS!

I'd much rather just wear some gym shorts and T-shirt (maybe a hoody and some spandex as well, should it get cold) when I run.

I've decided that, starting when school ends for me, I'm going to kick into high gear and exercise and eat healthy shit like WHOA! Of course, I'll try to exercise more until then. I think I'm going to keep track of my weight and stamina from the end of school 'til the beginning of next school year.

My ULTIMATE goal: To be skinny enough so that, come Amber's birthday party, I can, without shame, tear off my shirt and dance a sexy dance to "Bück Dich" or "Du Hast".

The "learning to dance" thing will have to come separately.

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2008, 12:37:49 AM »

You may as well start on the "eating healthy shit" now, even if you don't have the time to
devote to regular exercise right now. 

Good luck with the dancing thing.  I never did get around to it.
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

• 67 Indja Points
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2008, 05:54:29 PM »

In case anyone was wondering: I don't mean, like, "professional dancing" or anything like that. Just random sexy dances.

Haushinka

• finally fell in love with THE WORLD.
  • SHOVE IT SHOVE IT SHOVE IT.
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2008, 06:39:44 PM »

I used to play rugby and I'm a scrawny girl with absolutely no weight to throw around. If you watch rugby, you will know that people of any body type can play. I was a hooker (don't laugh). I don't measure things in pounds, so I cna't tell if you really are overweight or not, but if you are a stouter getleman you can play scrum half.

That said, if it's muscle tone you're looking for, find a muay thai boxing class near you. I've been doing that for 4 years now and within a month of starting I noticed a huge difference in my stamina, strength and muscle tone. A training session is a full body work out, starting with stretches, cardio excercise, repeats, then onto stuff like shin conditioning and quite extreme muscle endurance. It's easy to start and you will progress quickly. Then you will quickly be in shape to play rugby. I know an 80 minute game can sound strenuous but the backwards passing rule means there isn't much speed running to be done except by the fly.
Yoshiki Vázquez Baeza.
Future husband.

Shawn

• Optimistic Pessimist
  • The Guy With The Blue Avatar
    • The Star Chamber
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2008, 09:39:36 AM »

honestly,

if you want to change you lifestyle

and start eating a low carbohydrate intake

you will lose major
weight

i didn't eat any starch/bread for two weeks and lost a pound a day!
it was incredible

i would eat like, two huge bowls of taco salad with like a half a taco shell and that would be my only carb intake

ofcourse you're supposed to balance your diet

very low carbs
high green veggies
and protein- mostly stuff like grilled chicken and fish
and then dairy foods like cheese and yogurt, but watch the yogurt

and of course exercise like 3 days a week.
but..i didn't AT ALL

you have to gradually start eating more and more carbs until you find that amount you can eat without gaining anyweight. but gradual is key

i realize that you most likely wont need to do anything this drastic but for anyone else that is reading

1. It's not all about the carbs. It's about excessive calories of any type. With that said, ketogenic diets can work, but they're more difficult to pull off successfully, so one should be very well-read on the subject.

2. One pound a week is healthy. One pound a day is grounds for hospitalization, but thankfully, most of your weight loss likely came from reduced water weight due to your reduced carb intake.
What is a rebel? A man who says no. - Albert Camus

Shawn

• Optimistic Pessimist
  • The Guy With The Blue Avatar
    • The Star Chamber
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2008, 09:49:27 AM »

Oh, and to Agent Buckwald, you don't need to lose weight. In fact, you should probably gain some. I'm 5'10", 192 lb., and I certainly don't look fat, though a reduction of a few percentage points in my bodyfat level wouldn't be unwelcome.

Instead of worrying about losing weight, concern yourself with building muscle. Avoid eating too many more calories than is necessary, but don't undereat, or it'll just prevent you from building muscle, and your body will hang on to more of the bodyfat than you'd like.
What is a rebel? A man who says no. - Albert Camus

• 67 Indja Points
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2008, 02:56:14 PM »

Wednesday, 18 June 2008

Height: 6'0''
Weight: 190 lbs

Goal:
Weight: 160 lbs
By Wednesday, 13 August 2008

And... GO!

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2008, 02:59:20 PM »

Ah, Bucky, have you by any chance consulted a licensed physician about
this weight-loss plan?  Seriously, you may have the genetic material to be
healthy at 6' and 160, but for most people that's just too skinny.

• 67 Indja Points
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2008, 03:02:21 PM »

I may be stretching a little, but I'm setting what I think is my ideal weight; I'll judge and weigh as go on.

My main goal is to be thin enough to be a relatively good dancer (sorry if that sounds a little misguided; you don't need to be uber-skinny to be a good dancer, but difficult to word it otherwise). Also, if a satisfactory deal of my weight is lean muscle, than I won't consider not getting to 160 lbs as a "failure".

• 67 Indja Points
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2008, 03:04:26 PM »

Really, my only logic behind the whole "160 lbs" thing is the fact that this will be a ten-week period, and those crazy ladies on Weight Watchers seem able to lose approximately three pounds a week. 3 x 10 = 30.

That be my only justification.

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2008, 03:11:17 PM »

That's a bad comparison.  For starters, on average, a woman's body is fattier than a man's...
It's just the way we're put together.

Eh, it's been discussed...  here in this very thread.  Just be careful, and stay away from shit
like diuretics....  and if the opportunity presents itself, talk to a doctor about what an appropriate
lean weight for you is.  GL.

Shakti

• Poster girl for some suburban sickness
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2008, 04:24:39 PM »

to be thin enough to be a relatively good dancer

What does this mean?  Thin enough to not get winded easily?  To not jiggle unattractively on the dance floor?  To be able to lift waifs over your head like Barishnikov?  'Splain, please.
My own private highway from the cradle to the grave; I save a bundle skipping middle age and Saturdays.

___ampersand

• Just likes playing hospital.
  • I'm not the girl you think I am.
    • Shameless Plug
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2008, 06:36:03 PM »

I'm up 10, and need to go down 45.
Not for health reasons.
For purely narcissistic ones.
The kind who comes to poker pockets stuffed with kings and aces

• 67 Indja Points
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2008, 11:54:53 PM »

to be thin enough to be a relatively good dancer

What does this mean?  Thin enough to not get winded easily?  To not jiggle unattractively on the dance floor?  To be able to lift waifs over your head like Barishnikov?  'Splain, please.
Mostly the second one (actually, some of my really skinny friends still have a bit of jiggle, so I'm not sure if that is an entirely accurate representation of my how I view myself).

Basically, I will keep track of myself over the next ten weeks and decide when I am satisfied, but still keep exercising just to be healthy. WHOO!

guuurrrrrllltakeiteasy

• We accept the love we think we deserve
  • je veux ton coq
    • Mein YouTube
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2008, 09:15:25 PM »

I CANNOT STAND TRACK SUITS!

I'd much rather just wear some gym shorts and T-shirt (maybe a hoody and some spandex as well, should it get cold) when I run.

I've decided that, starting when school ends for me, I'm going to kick into high gear and exercise and eat healthy shit like WHOA! Of course, I'll try to exercise more until then. I think I'm going to keep track of my weight and stamina from the end of school 'til the beginning of next school year.

My ULTIMATE goal: To be skinny enough so that, come Amber's birthday party, I can, without shame, tear off my shirt and dance a sexy dance to "Bück Dich" or "Du Hast".

The "learning to dance" thing will have to come separately.

I did that once. During summer school I started excersising. Within a week my face was no longer oily. I could run for a long ass time and not get a heaving attack for like 20 minutes. No, the heave attacks only lasted me about 3 minutes. In about 2 months, I lost 30 pounds. Butttttt....I did it an unhealthy way. A very very unhealthy way. I barely ate when I had to, but I excersised like nuts.
Quote from: garbanzo bean
Sean, mahal kita <3

Fo' shizzle, ma Bizzle.

cuntnugget
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 19  All   Go Up