THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Like" Amanda? Be sure to Zuckerberg-that-shit, and show her on Facebook... (The Dolls' Facebook is HERE)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 19  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Weight Loss...  (Read 44469 times)

CaffeinatedCassadie

• Faceboooook
Re: Weight Loss...
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2008, 02:19:16 AM »

i'm SO tired of trying to lose weight...

i just want to live...

i wish i didn't have to worry about this stuff...

this thread is depressing...
Same, same.
bitch please, my hate can't be contained in one thread.

murmur

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2008, 10:58:08 AM »

So, my trip to Ohio resulted in me putting myself on a diet and more exercise than I was doing. I went and saw my family and then I realized everyone that I am closely related to IE my grandma great grandma and uncle and grandpa have all died of heart desease. I don't want to be the same. My goal for the year is 30 pounds. I can't lose any more than that because my weight is closely watched by doctors. Long story for another time but I can not lose more than 5 pounds a month. They already freaked out on me for the 15 I have lost this year. Also for the vanity part I would like to be able to wear leggings I can't now because my legs touch and it looks rediculous. No offense to anyone who wears leggings and their legs touch I just don't like the look of it when mine do. I used to be able to have my thighs not touch and not worry about back fat and junk. I want to get down to a size six I won't go for the size zero I look unhealthy and scary.

Goal one is to eat more fruit instead of unhealthy snacks.
Goal two is to portion out my foods.
Goal three is not to freak out on myself.
Goal four is exercise every other day instead of two times a week.
Goal five is learn to say no when offered food.
Goal six is to not have too many goals haha

armyoflarry

• and army of names
  • a human, lyman sinister, jupiter or japan
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2011, 12:34:42 PM »

Sorry about the necropost, but I just did not want to start a new thread just dedicated to my weight battles.

I just started using the calorie counter http://caloriecount.about.com and I'm using the wii fit to get a start on some yoga and other exercises. I have put this off so many times, mainly because I worked out for a whole year in 2009 and lost no weight at all. It was heartbreaking. Yes I felt better, but I never really felt terrible until recently. I can tell I am getting worn out faster than I used to, and my drumming stamina has been affected in a very noticeable way. I never counted calories, so this might be a the thing that starts me off on the right path. It has done wonders for my wife.

I have unsuccessfully tried to cut sugar, carbs, soda (regular and diet) out of my diet in the past, but today I am drinking nothing except water and one natural diet ginger ale.

I am trying to take the same approach I did when I quit smoking. When I let go of the guilt of messing up, I finally conquered that addiction. Even if I went as far as going out and buying a pack, I would not let the cost justify smoking the pack. I gave packs away and soaked packs of smokes in water after only having one. After 2 years of struggling I beat it.

I guess the main culprit in not eating right has been my feeling that I barely drink, don't do drugs and do not smoke. Junk food, pop and candy are the only vices I have left. Why do I have to give that up? BECAUSE I don't want to be fat and unhealthy anymore! It doesn't work when I feel I have so many things to do in my life before I die. I want to live, and I want to feel good again.

Hopefully I do it this time. Time is short...
Also, oh my God I could eat your family pets right now. GNNFFGH!!

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2011, 03:13:48 PM »

iceable way. I never counted calories, so this might be a the thing that starts me off on the right path. It has done wonders for my wife.
Just cutting out the sugar-soda has done wonders for a number of people I know/have-met...

Good luck!  O0
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

buttercup.

• the girl you have in that merry green land...
  • ...can wait forever for you to come home.
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2011, 10:04:37 AM »

James and I are planning to lose weight. He wants to look good for summer (I think he looks brilliant, but what do I know right?  :tongue7:) and I want to feel good. I don't really want to weigh my "normal" for BMI, because that's about fifty pounds lighter and I'd probably blow away with the wind at that point. If I could just slim my waist down, from about a 36 to maybe a 32, I'd be a happy critter.

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2011, 11:48:27 AM »

I'm rockin' it where this is concerned.

I started a new job in late October, and I was so stressed out over it that I literally lost a pound a day for the first three weeks. I figured out that if I could just lose 5 pounds a month (as opposed to 7 pounds a week) for the next year, I'd be just about where I want to be. Lots and lots of physical activity and a couple of months later, I'm actually quite a bit ahead of schedule. :)

#@!

overratedtoejam

« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2011, 02:41:41 PM »

i was pretty big about 2 years ago. went on the south beach, then on my own plan and ended up losing 80lbs. now, i'm just wanting to tone and lose maybe 5-10 more lbs. it feels pretty awesome to be at a comfortable weight after a whole childhood of struggling with that, but now i find other things i want to change about myself :buck2:. the cycle never ends

my best advice is watch portions, eat more veggies, and try not to over eat with carbs. calorie counting also helped me a lot. a good website for that is http://www.livestrong.com.  

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Captain Oblivious

• Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!
    • The NCC! I am a mod there =]
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2011, 02:48:29 PM »

When I was 16, I was told that I was allergic to wheat and yeast, so I basically had to give up a lot of things including, but not limited to:
cheese
pizza
pasta
bread
grapes
apples
mushrooms
beer
burger buns, hotdog buns
...basically anything bread-based or with any amount of fungus in it.

At the time, I was about 8 stone (112lbs) and within perhaps a month I'd lost a stone and a half which is 21lbs.
I still haven't put the weight back on, 5 years later. I have started eating bread and that again because I would not function without it, but really what I'm trying to say is that if you cut out white bread, you're going to lose a lot of weight and fast.
Quote from: Reptile
Congratulations, you tiny badass!

Quote from: ~Miranda~
Everything you said looks like real words to me.

Great minds think alike but fools seldom differ

slyvia k

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2011, 10:43:23 AM »

yay, got down to 60,2 kgs (132,4 lbs)  :D which for me is really a record, i don't think i weighted that not even when i was 12... XD
not really on a diet, but i walk A LOT...

N.U.

• Initials... OF DOOM!
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2011, 11:19:50 AM »

As this is what I actually went to college for, let me interject.

First, make sure you're eating enough when working out, otherwise, your' metabolism will shut down and you'll end up gaining weight.

Additionally, get yourself a juicer. Replace one fo your meals with nothig but juiced vegetables and fruits. My personal favorite is:

3 large whole carrots
1 Bell pepper
3 jalapeno peppers
a handful of Broccoli greens or crowns.
1 large orange
3 handfuls of blueberries.

A warning, Capsicum, the ingredient in hot peppers that makes them hot, has a lower specific gravity than the rest of the juice you'll be getting. What this means in the first sip of juice will feel like getting punched righ tbetween the eyes, but the pros far outwiegh the cons.

Cons: HOOOOT!
Pros: Causes your metabolism to spike up by 10-20% just from the capsicum.
Capsicum is also a natural anti-inflammatory which you'll love if you're also going to be exercising in addition to small dietary changes.

Peppers are also one of the healthiest veggies you can eat.

JohnnyDBBUK

• Proud custodian of the Neville sisters souls
  • Where in time is Brian Viglione?
    • ~Gaslight Cabaret Club~
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2011, 09:00:55 PM »

Eat Healthy
exercise a little daily
if ye want muscles do weights and protein!
and I am with Cat on this one - take up martial arts
Bruce Lee didn't have an ounce of fat on him did he?

theseeker

• Look ma, I stole my very own
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2011, 11:24:35 PM »

I'm not hungry ever anymore. It's really weird. I'm probably going to start gaining a ton of weight because I haven't eaten over 400 calories a day for almost a week.
Sorry.

spider jerusalem

• forever a
  • um mazzaropi incriminado
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2011, 12:37:42 AM »

When I was 16, I was told that I was allergic to wheat and yeast, so I basically had to give up a lot of things including, but not limited to:
cheese
pizza
pasta
bread
grapes
apples
mushrooms
beer
burger buns, hotdog buns
...basically anything bread-based or with any amount of fungus in it.

At the time, I was about 8 stone (112lbs) and within perhaps a month I'd lost a stone and a half which is 21lbs.
I still haven't put the weight back on, 5 years later. I have started eating bread and that again because I would not function without it, but really what I'm trying to say is that if you cut out white bread, you're going to lose a lot of weight and fast.

You have celiac disease? Or had? Do you eat any special kind? A friend has it and she can't eat breads in general, expect those without gluten.

Eat Healthy
exercise a little daily
if ye want muscles do weights and protein!
and I am with Cat on this one - take up martial arts
Bruce Lee didn't have an ounce of fat on him did he?
http://verdoux.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/bruce-lee.jpg

Agree on that.

I need to gain some muscles, though.
I assembled this team for purposes of a League of Extraordinary Gentlemen thing, but in reading this thread it occurs to me they're all highly bangable. Yeah, even Spider Jerusalem.

buttercup.

• the girl you have in that merry green land...
  • ...can wait forever for you to come home.
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2011, 12:29:50 PM »

I posted about this in the random thought, but I'm trying to get in shape now. Like, actually, not just talking about it. I walked a while and jogged, and raced my dog up and down a hill. Today I'm going to call the gym and see how much it is to join. I'll have to walk when I get home because I forgot work out clothes.

I swear I'm battling my inner fattie right now. I keep getting nervous about calling them, and I'm scared to go in alone. I have gymphobia.

My mom's going to take me in on Tuesday (if its affordable that is) and show me how to work the machines. I offered for her to join with me, which would be amazing. Mostly for moral support more than she needs to lose weight, but we're both unhappy with our bodies.

I also want to learn to swim this summer. Maybe take some lessons. I know HOW, but I'm such a weak swimmer and I can't keep my head above water very long, I might as well take lessons. And then I can swim all summer and that'll help too. Swim without a boy keeping me from drowning, it'll be loverly.

Oh I also cut out sweets and trying to use olive oil instead of butter (if I use butter its just a tablespoon). Also no more eating out.

We'll see what happens.

oh and for the record I'm currently 195 pounds...at 5'5"...eeehhg.

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2011, 07:30:56 PM »

May is National Salad Month!

down 50 lbs. since Oct. 24!   :headbang:

#@!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 19  All   Go Up