THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda's got a blog. If blogs could talk, it'd ask you to read it. It might even say "please."

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: AFP/Kickstarter Help Thread  (Read 10998 times)

AFPwire

• News-Bot
  • Administrator
  • Official News & Info
    • @AFPwire
AFP/Kickstarter Help Thread
« on: May 14, 2012, 09:32:34 PM »

While we did our best to answer questions people might/have had in the Kickstarter FAQ (found at the bottom of the page), there are still some inquiries which we've seen pop up.
One thing in particular which has inspired a lot of confusion/concern, is how the "survey" process works once the project is funded.
We know that there are a lot of you who've never pledged towards a Kickstarter before, so here's where we'll do our best to help explain the process and field questions that you still might have.

In regards to the "SURVEY"…
After the Kickstarter closes (on May 31st at 11:59PM EST), we will have the option on the backend to send out surveys. These surveys are where we gather up info from you as to where your rewards need to be sent (both digital and physical), what name should be listed for the art openings, etc. etc.
We chose the questions for them, but they come "from" Kickstarter as far as your email is concerned.
It's important to know: We do NOT have your mailing address/email address until the survey is filled out. While yes, your pledge is taken via Amazon, they are simply a payment system for Kickstarter and do not provide us with any of your information.
One of the things that we learned during the "Evening With" Kickstarter was that there is no benefit to asking for this info too long before it's going to be needed; People move, change email addresses, etc. etc. This means that while some of the surveys will likely be sent out shortly after the campaign wraps to fulfill rewards (for the art shows and 7" series in particular), we might wait to send request your info if you're not set to receive anything prior to September.
Another thing that we learned is some people use alternate email accounts for their pledges, and just stop checking those for Kickstarter updates. Whatever the case, these surveys are our main connection to you in order to guarantee that you get what you pre-ordered, and we need you to make sure that you login to your account more than once in a blue moon.

We're certainly not trying to strike fear into anyone's heart, just educate as to how the process works, and make sure that when the time comes you know where to go to give us your backer info. If you have any questions/concerns, now is the time to ask them. We're here to help.

Thank you all again for your pledges and support in this project. While it's obvious, I just want to reiterate: we couldn't have done it without you.  :)
News and info coming straight at yah from Team AFP…
Have a question about something? Leave a reply here and we'll do our best to get back to you ASAP!

insignifikunt

• Super Fan
  • ...Strength through Music...
Re: AFP/Kickstarter Help Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 10:12:53 AM »

i was wondering if it were possible to get the vinyl AND cd with the $5000 package. i ended up upping my pledge $25 to make sure...
...Sing for the teachers who told you that you couldn't sing...

indeciSEAN

• Das Ruling Klass
  • Rise of The Cephalobot!
    • Twitter
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 04:13:57 PM »

i was wondering if it were possible to get the vinyl AND cd with the $5000 package. i ended up upping my pledge $25 to make sure...

Of course. Do us a favor and email kickstarter@amandapalmer.net your info and we'll make a note on the backend for you!  O0

P.S. Thank you.

dairy4life

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 01:47:39 AM »

Hey! I'm wondering if it'll be possible for me to have multiple addresses on file for the summer art/vinyl mailings. My address is going to vary month to month (I'll be in three different cities). Thanks!!!

wolfthatcr13dboy

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 01:58:57 AM »

Same as dairy4life- I'm moving from one state to the other at the end of July, and there's not going to be much in the way of address overlap at any point.

insignifikunt

• Super Fan
  • ...Strength through Music...
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 04:07:11 AM »

what is going to happen to the ACTUAL pieces of art after the art shows are over? Will they be sold/auctioned off?
...Sing for the teachers who told you that you couldn't sing...

Greenie

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2012, 03:47:20 AM »

Hello,

I know this is most probably impossible. I was stupid enough to forget to increase my Kickstarter-pledge (did $1 at first and wanted to do some more, but then missed the countdown). So the question is if there is still another way to send a little more (like $25 or something like that) to still get the Kickstarter-items even tough the campaign has ended. Plus I feel kind of embarrassed having only paid $1 for such great music.   :-\

Shaeon

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2012, 12:16:33 AM »

Is the survey out yet? I saw a few tweets about people completing it, but I haven't received it yet.
"Are all people like this?"
"Like what?"
"So much bigger on the inside. I'm— Oh, what is that word? It's so big. And so complicated. And so sad."

BettyCrocker

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2012, 12:38:55 AM »

I got my survey on Saturday. Maybe they're staggering surveys as to not have 24,000 of them filled out at once? Or Grouping together By bundles? I did an art party/ bed song book/ mail order combination. If that helps.

I'm only guessing. I could be completely wrong though

Shaeon

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2012, 01:08:10 AM »

Hm. I did the CD. Just reviewed my inbox/old mail/recently deleted, and definitely nothing so far.
"Are all people like this?"
"Like what?"
"So much bigger on the inside. I'm— Oh, what is that word? It's so big. And so complicated. And so sad."

citizenoftheplanet

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2012, 05:06:34 AM »

I read somewhere that they're staggering them to coincide with when people's rewards are actually being sent - I got mine 2 days ago, and I ordered the mailbox invasion, so I guess they'll be sending the first one fairly soon. I'd imagine that with just the CD, you'll probably get it in July/August, when they're nearer to shipping them out :)

dunnogr

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2012, 04:57:33 PM »

i got the survey yesterday but i also have the mailbox invasion, so don't worry. plus i think the surveys are automated from the kickstarter by pledge, so i don't think anyone will be left out by the end

ZomNoms

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2012, 07:27:30 PM »

I haven't gotten my CD or Art book yet. The last package I received was a few weeks ago and it was the phonebook page, thank you card etc. Is it still to come?

nourakader

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2012, 07:29:26 PM »

Okay, so I got my order today, and I think they sent me the wrong thing: I ordered the $100 pledge signed art book that is supposed to include seventy pieces of art work, bios and interviews, but I think I got the CD with the hardbound case instead...help?

aroguemonster

• Funky Cold Adina
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2012, 11:31:14 PM »

@nourakader - They have been having some problems with their shipper. Email Eric@amandapalmer.net and let him know about the mix up. He'll get you what you need.

Bogwoppit

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2012, 11:12:16 AM »

Hi, I ordered {BACKER-EXCLUSIVE SIGNED ART BOOK + CD} and I've still not received anything through the post. I'm in the UK, have they been dispatched yet??

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2012, 09:59:57 PM »

Hi, I ordered {BACKER-EXCLUSIVE SIGNED ART BOOK + CD} and I've still not received anything through the post. I'm in the UK, have they been dispatched yet??
There is a (regrettably, fairly busy) thread addressing that very question.  You can
probably find the answer you need HERE (even if it's just the address you should
write to if your stuff is unaccountably delayed.)
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

Bogwoppit

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2012, 09:37:21 AM »

Thanks, I didn't see that thread.

kyliedawn

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2012, 07:07:14 PM »

I got my KS vinyl shipment today (yay!) but I ended up the two of them - two different boxes filled with all the goodies! What should I do?

citizenoftheplanet

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2012, 09:07:38 PM »

I got my KS vinyl shipment today (yay!) but I ended up the two of them - two different boxes filled with all the goodies! What should I do?
Be grateful. Some of us haven't even received one yet ;)

TheTessaMac

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2012, 01:08:17 PM »

So I just got a 2nd package from the kickstarter with another record. Not to complain, but should I return it? I feel a little badly for having an extra copy.

Hayley Fiasco!

• mgmt jr.
  • Administrator
  • WKAP is in the Black 9s of WHRW's record library
    • hayleyfiasco.com
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2012, 08:59:42 PM »

So I just got a 2nd package from the kickstarter with another record. Not to complain, but should I return it? I feel a little badly for having an extra copy.

Sorry that you each were having some troubles.
Since these items were printed as limited editions, and clearly some folks are still getting their stuff straightened out, I'd suggest contacting Eric - eric[at]amandapalmer.net - drop him an email to let him know that you received extra stuff and he'll give you more information.
@HayleyFiasco

Member of Team AFP

desired_wasteland

• I'm a pale intruder on an unknown beach...
    • That Guy With The Headphones
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2013, 04:33:49 PM »

Just wanted to say that I got my Kickstarter album (the $25 version) but the free glasses thing that came with it was on backorder. No biggie, but I just wanted to mention it since AFP's blog said there might be some back ordering issues they might not know about.
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up