THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AFP's not camera shy and her YouTube and Vimeo channels are chock-full of eye candy to prove it. Content's added to both all the time, so be sure to subscribe!

Pages: 1 ... 839 840 841 842 [843] 844 845 846 847 ... 872   Go Down

Author Topic: Shit that ruined your day.  (Read 1068731 times)

Miranda.

Re: Shit that ruined your day.
« Reply #12630 on: February 19, 2013, 05:30:05 PM »

They're chopping down almost all the trees in my street. I've lived here all my life, so those trees have been there all my life. It's strange how something so familiar can change so quickly. There were a lot of trees. I hope they leave the two large ones in front of our house...

Ghah, they did that in a street in my neighbourhood recently. It used to be such a pretty street, and now it's just blah. It sucks.

I live in a rural area and someone bought pretty much all of the land surrounding our home and cut down all of the trees. It is miserable and lonely and the land looks all sad and dead and I can't help but wonder where all of the bunnies and squirrels and birds and raccoons and whatever creepy crawlies that lived there went.
I could live for nothing but kissing.

5 points to the house of your choosing for awesome crochet skills.

spider jerusalem

• forever a
  • um mazzaropi incriminado
« Reply #12631 on: February 19, 2013, 10:49:20 PM »

Went to the dermatologist today. She said I have something on my skin that may be caused by neurological problems. Tomorrow I will see if I can make an appointment just to give the doctor the paper describing what i have. And I was just getting relaxed with my headaches attacks being nothing serious.
Just breathe and try not to worry about it. It probably is nothing serious. There's nothing you can do about it right now though, so just don't think about it. Try really hard to focus on other things and distract yourself, because ruminating on it will make you feel worse.
I'm sorry that you're having health problems, though. I know it sucks. <3

I'm so sorry Spider, i hope it's nothing serious. Most Docs like playing it safe, thus they think of the worst possibilities before starting a wide medical examination.

I went back to the neurologist last Friday. So far, is nothing serious. The neurologist told me is a kind of inflammation, but it is benign - nothing to worry about since my head scan (done before I went to the dermatologist) showed nothing. He told me that if it grows, it can be removed. However, there is nothing to worry about regarded it.

Maybe I can say I have no health problems except for the headaches.

And thanks!

PS.: I forgot the name of this inflammation. Im not home, so I cant say for sure.

EDIT: as for the trees, this is really sad. I already get sad when I notice that a tree or two are removed on my city or surrounds. I can understand when the tree is dead and offering risk to people in general, but I cant cope on removing them just for the sake of removing or building my beautiful country home. 
I assembled this team for purposes of a League of Extraordinary Gentlemen thing, but in reading this thread it occurs to me they're all highly bangable. Yeah, even Spider Jerusalem.

Rose

« Reply #12632 on: February 19, 2013, 11:28:08 PM »

^I'm really glad you're basically alright.

Astica

• Ghost
  • Purportedly decadent.
« Reply #12633 on: February 20, 2013, 01:02:56 AM »

I love trees. They cut down all the pretty ones around my balcony to build apartments recently :(

@Topic: I've been feeling horribly sick all day and I'm not sure what amount of it is period, how much is the fucking heatwave, and how much is potential anxiety attack about jobs. I think it's mostly the latter, but the heat and fertility aren't helping.
Quote from: Indja
I mean really, my sins are my own - i don't wnat some cunt to swoop in and wipe the slate clean. it is my fucking slate. fuck offf.

Quote from: N.U.
Tricorns are fuckbanana awesome.

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #12634 on: February 20, 2013, 10:29:12 AM »

More nightmares last night. I was meant to meet a friend for lunch but I was so exhausted I moved it to tomorrow instead so I could get a bit more kip. Guh.

Miranda.

« Reply #12635 on: February 20, 2013, 10:30:36 AM »

I love trees. They cut down all the pretty ones around my balcony to build apartments recently :(

@Topic: I've been feeling horribly sick all day and I'm not sure what amount of it is period, how much is the fucking heatwave, and how much is potential anxiety attack about jobs. I think it's mostly the latter, but the heat and fertility aren't helping.

hehe damn it, fertility! but seriously I hope you feel better. periods blow. we should get hall passes to not exist in normal life for that time period. The world would be a happier place. Anxiety about the job search is completely understandable but it sounds like it is going well so just imagine in 3 weeks you'll hopefully be settling into your new job wondering what you were so worried about. 21 days is not so long.

@indja -  whats kip? the internet keeps telling me it is a measurement of something or a small animal...

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #12636 on: February 20, 2013, 10:51:51 AM »

^lmao, it's just another word for "sleep". Kipping on the sofa, getting some kip, having a kip after lunch... etc.

Miranda.

« Reply #12637 on: February 20, 2013, 11:48:46 AM »

^lmao, it's just another word for "sleep". Kipping on the sofa, getting some kip, having a kip after lunch... etc.

I assumed from context clues that was what it meant but the internet had me confused

Annebelle.

• Trampeltier
  • How 'bout a nice and warm Cake Sex Riot?
« Reply #12638 on: February 20, 2013, 01:12:19 PM »

Kip is Dutch for chicken
Quote from: Niels
"if he tells me no I'll do your mum until she hits the floor, eventually I know she's doomed to come right back and ask for more"

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #12639 on: February 21, 2013, 01:18:37 AM »

Kippers are delightful little snacky fish in a tin....
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

Pope Totalfrog

• AKA Arse Fez von Titty Biscuit
  • Queen of the wild (suburban) frontier.
    • twitter
« Reply #12640 on: February 21, 2013, 01:24:10 AM »

Kippers are delightful little snacky fish in a tin....
Kippers are smelly smoked fish that English people eat for breakfast. I think someone has sold you counterfeit kippers. Those things ain't tasty. 
Wow. Froggie's like a superhero...
Trick question: No matter how they're prepared, and how hungry you may be, tarantulas are NOT food

Blue Canary

• You can't ignore my techno
« Reply #12641 on: February 21, 2013, 01:44:13 AM »

While in the throes of passion with my boyfriend today, I accidentally said "I love you" to my very new boyfriend when I meant to say something else.
Whoops whoops whoops whoops whoops.
He didn't seem to mind because he was concentrating on other things, but it ruined the mood for me.
You should totally barf on all their dicks. I will help.

absynth aura

• Fill me with your
« Reply #12642 on: February 21, 2013, 02:14:10 AM »

They gave the job I applied for to someone in Auckland.
I'm not that pissed that they gave it to someone else. But what really fucks me off is that they gave it to someone in Auckland again.

I get that they have more stores in Auckland than anywhere else. But it's still frustration. Auckland stores have a more accessible support network than any other place in the country. They get feedback weekly, sometimes even multiple times a week. I get feedback twice a month, if I'm lucky.
I've been working my ass off the last 6 months, I've turned two stores into high functioning stores, and my current store is the 4th best performing store in the world. Not the country, but the world. I'm sitting 4th out of 98 stores in the world.
It's just really frustrating.
They did tell me that they would be looking to put someone in the Wellington area in the next 3 months, but it seems like that's going to be too late. And by that time I don't know if I want to take it because I'll be pretty set on leaving.

I just don't know anymore.
^I'm pretty sure if I'm turning into a horse to fuck a stranger off the internet, vodka will play its part...

Lighting cigarettes with you

sangrebloom

• I'm working toward something, I don't know what...
« Reply #12643 on: February 21, 2013, 03:01:55 AM »

I'm sorry to hear that, but it is one less thing that's going to keep you where you are. You're freer for not having it!
I had to google pegging.

"I'm generally confused - I can't hear you over my obnoxious wealth"

Indja Points:40

absynth aura

• Fill me with your
« Reply #12644 on: February 21, 2013, 03:57:31 AM »

I'm sorry to hear that, but it is one less thing that's going to keep you where you are. You're freer for not having it
Thanks.
I guess you're right. But it would have been a fair bit more money for the rest of the year to go towards leaving
^I'm pretty sure if I'm turning into a horse to fuck a stranger off the internet, vodka will play its part...

Lighting cigarettes with you
Pages: 1 ... 839 840 841 842 [843] 844 845 846 847 ... 872   Go Up