THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Itching to see Amanda in concert? Visit the tour page to see if she's playing a city near you!

Pages: 1 ... 839 840 841 842 [843] 844 845 846 847 ... 871   Go Down

Author Topic: Shit that ruined your day.  (Read 1089144 times)

Annebelle.

• Trampeltier
  • How 'bout a nice and warm Cake Sex Riot?
Re: Shit that ruined your day.
« Reply #12630 on: February 20, 2013, 01:12:19 PM »

Kip is Dutch for chicken
Quote from: Niels
"if he tells me no I'll do your mum until she hits the floor, eventually I know she's doomed to come right back and ask for more"

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #12631 on: February 21, 2013, 01:18:37 AM »

Kippers are delightful little snacky fish in a tin....
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

Pope Totalfrog

• AKA Arse Fez von Titty Biscuit
  • Queen of the wild (suburban) frontier.
    • twitter
« Reply #12632 on: February 21, 2013, 01:24:10 AM »

Kippers are delightful little snacky fish in a tin....
Kippers are smelly smoked fish that English people eat for breakfast. I think someone has sold you counterfeit kippers. Those things ain't tasty. 
Wow. Froggie's like a superhero...
Trick question: No matter how they're prepared, and how hungry you may be, tarantulas are NOT food

Blue Canary

• You can't ignore my techno
« Reply #12633 on: February 21, 2013, 01:44:13 AM »

While in the throes of passion with my boyfriend today, I accidentally said "I love you" to my very new boyfriend when I meant to say something else.
Whoops whoops whoops whoops whoops.
He didn't seem to mind because he was concentrating on other things, but it ruined the mood for me.
You should totally barf on all their dicks. I will help.

absynth aura

• Fill me with your
« Reply #12634 on: February 21, 2013, 02:14:10 AM »

They gave the job I applied for to someone in Auckland.
I'm not that pissed that they gave it to someone else. But what really fucks me off is that they gave it to someone in Auckland again.

I get that they have more stores in Auckland than anywhere else. But it's still frustration. Auckland stores have a more accessible support network than any other place in the country. They get feedback weekly, sometimes even multiple times a week. I get feedback twice a month, if I'm lucky.
I've been working my ass off the last 6 months, I've turned two stores into high functioning stores, and my current store is the 4th best performing store in the world. Not the country, but the world. I'm sitting 4th out of 98 stores in the world.
It's just really frustrating.
They did tell me that they would be looking to put someone in the Wellington area in the next 3 months, but it seems like that's going to be too late. And by that time I don't know if I want to take it because I'll be pretty set on leaving.

I just don't know anymore.
^I'm pretty sure if I'm turning into a horse to fuck a stranger off the internet, vodka will play its part...

Lighting cigarettes with you

sangrebloom

• I'm working toward something, I don't know what...
« Reply #12635 on: February 21, 2013, 03:01:55 AM »

I'm sorry to hear that, but it is one less thing that's going to keep you where you are. You're freer for not having it!
I had to google pegging.

"I'm generally confused - I can't hear you over my obnoxious wealth"

Indja Points:40

absynth aura

• Fill me with your
« Reply #12636 on: February 21, 2013, 03:57:31 AM »

I'm sorry to hear that, but it is one less thing that's going to keep you where you are. You're freer for not having it
Thanks.
I guess you're right. But it would have been a fair bit more money for the rest of the year to go towards leaving
^I'm pretty sure if I'm turning into a horse to fuck a stranger off the internet, vodka will play its part...

Lighting cigarettes with you

Astica

• Ghost
  • Purportedly decadent.
« Reply #12637 on: February 26, 2013, 09:38:35 PM »

I did work experience at a cafe a couple of weeks ago, and then they had a job come up. The supervisors I'd worked with were really positive and said really nice things about me about how I'd be back, but of course they'd be trialling others first. I never got to do a proper work trial, the boss said he'd just base his decision upon my work experience I'd done with the other guys. He trialled a couple of other students from my course over the next week. I was pretty sure this guy from my course was going to get it, since he and the manager apparently got along really well, and then today the tutor took me into the office and told me that he'd definitely got it. I did the whole positive "at least I got some work experience" thing, and she was telling me that it was nothing personal and that the boss had liked me too, and that a big part of it had just been that he'd had too many girls working there and had wanted to hire a guy instead to balance it out. I think that last bit was supposed to make me feel better since it meant it was less personal, but it made me feel worse. If I'd done something wrong, or wasn't as good as my classmate, I could have worked on that and got better, but there's nothing I can really do if he'd prefer to hire a guy short of going in and saying "but I'm a girl, so you can pay me less!". That put me in a sad mood, but I tried to be good about and when my classmate got back from lunch I congratulated him etc, but he was kind of weird about it (although that was probably because his friend had been raging at him and threatening suicide all morning...yeah we're a weird bunch). It occurs to me that on top of not getting the job I really wanted, I'm also sad because everyone I started the course with is getting hired and leaving, and there are only a few of us still remaining, which makes me feel both like a bit of a loser and like course is going to be less fun without these people. The guy who got the job said he'd miss course, too. It's weird, but even if we're not all friends, I think we all get along well just through being in the same situation and understanding each other a bit because of it and I think I'll miss this. Next week is my last week, so I sort of need to have found a job before then, and that makes it even harder.
Quote from: Indja
I mean really, my sins are my own - i don't wnat some cunt to swoop in and wipe the slate clean. it is my fucking slate. fuck offf.

Quote from: N.U.
Tricorns are fuckbanana awesome.

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12638 on: February 28, 2013, 10:36:43 AM »

What's the name of the place?  I know a guy with a truck bomb....  >:(

WHAT?!? :dontknow:

meganpaige

• has 74 Indja Points.
  • I am a delicious boat.
    • twitter
« Reply #12639 on: February 28, 2013, 12:16:10 PM »

They totally shouldn't have led you on like that if they felt they had "too many girls" already (which is SUCH a bullshit "reason"). Seriously, though. Eff them.
"nobody's going to come up to you and tell you to stop cuddling a monk and put your seatbelt on and while i'm over here what the fuck are you doing cuddling this monk?" - amanda fucking palmer

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #12640 on: February 28, 2013, 01:16:26 PM »

I accidentally stood Pretty German Girl up because I fell asleep when I should have gone to class. I feel fucking terrible, I didn't even wake up until two hours after we were meant to meet, it must have been horrible for her. I've texted her but she's not answered. Urgh. I'm a terrible person.

Then I decided to check my email and some dick reviewed the second chapter of my book online and was all like "Well, this is about as fun as I'd expect from two jerks dicking around in the pseudo-afterlife." Like, what the hell? If he's not having fun he doesn't have to read it, and if he thinks they're jerks then it's only going to get worse. I mean, OK, so one of them kind of is a jerk, but she's not *that* bad. And I don't know what the hell he means by 'pseudo-afterlife'. Guh. Not a good day.

Astica

• Ghost
  • Purportedly decadent.
« Reply #12641 on: February 28, 2013, 02:12:29 PM »

@Cee and Megan: I don't know how heavily this weighed into the decision, but I wish they'd said they were less likely to hire another girl earlier on, so I didn't get my hopes up.

@Indja: that really sucks :( People always seem to assume that people oversleep on purpose, but sometimes even going to bed early the night before isn't foolproof. I hope you can work it out with her.
I mean really, my sins are my own - i don't wnat some cunt to swoop in and wipe the slate clean. it is my fucking slate. fuck offf.

Astica

• Ghost
  • Purportedly decadent.
« Reply #12642 on: March 04, 2013, 10:22:06 PM »

As of today, I am the last person in my course that started around my time who is still unemployed. I'm in my sixth week there, everyone else has been there three weeks or less. One of my fellow students was apparently surprised by this and said that I'm so "eloquent and professional" that he can't understand why I don't have a job. I can't understand either. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12643 on: March 04, 2013, 10:24:47 PM »

The administrator is secretly sabotaging you cuz he likes having you around....

Astica

• Ghost
  • Purportedly decadent.
« Reply #12644 on: March 04, 2013, 10:52:19 PM »

The administrator is secretly sabotaging you cuz he likes having you around....
She :P and no, she gets paid when I get a job, so she's very much not sabotaging me :-\

Pages: 1 ... 839 840 841 842 [843] 844 845 846 847 ... 871   Go Up