THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Want some free music? Most of AFP's discography (as well as The Dolls, side-projects, and more) is available for free+donation on Bandcamp

Pages: 1 ... 868 869 870 871 [872]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shit that ruined your day.  (Read 1016061 times)

Dracoa

Re: Shit that ruined your day.
« Reply #13065 on: May 23, 2014, 12:18:20 PM »

Went out to get the mail, a thin tree had come down across the driveway. Had bounced off my dad's Jag, and my Prius. No damage to the Jag, back window of my Prius is gone.

Astica

• Ghost
  • Purportedly decadent.
« Reply #13066 on: May 25, 2014, 12:10:48 AM »

I'm hosting a movie day today, and I baked cookies and showered and got dressed nicely since I've been kind of low lately and am trying to put more effort into things that make me happy. It was meant to start over an hour ago and no one has shown up. I really want to do something today, so I kind of want to call someone and go out for coffee or something instead, but I can't, since this was meant to be a full day thing, and what if someone turns up :-\
On the flipside, this is always my worst fear when hosting things, and now that it's happened, I guess it's not so bad? I don't know. It's kind of embarrassing, though, since I asked all my flatmates who was hoarding the coffee plunger and if they could return it to the kitchen since I was having friends over, and now I have no friends over.
It will almost be worse if someone comes because they will expect other people to be here and the movies to already be started and instead it will just be me awkwardly sitting in my room on the internet with my baking :s
Quote from: Indja
I mean really, my sins are my own - i don't wnat some cunt to swoop in and wipe the slate clean. it is my fucking slate. fuck offf.

Quote from: N.U.
Tricorns are fuckbanana awesome.

spider jerusalem

• forever a
  • um mazzaropi incriminado
« Reply #13067 on: May 25, 2014, 01:03:00 AM »

I know how it feels. It happened with me, more than once.  Try not to feel so bad. And if I was invited i would havê showed  up, if nothing would get in thev way.

Stay pretty.  O0
I assembled this team for purposes of a League of Extraordinary Gentlemen thing, but in reading this thread it occurs to me they're all highly bangable. Yeah, even Spider Jerusalem.

absynth aura

• Fill me with your
« Reply #13068 on: May 26, 2014, 05:04:21 AM »

Really really not enjoying my new job. It's not that I'm not as good at it as I thought I would be, but it's more that this is the first time that I'm barely making enough to cover my bills in a long long time, and I don't know what to do about it.
^I'm pretty sure if I'm turning into a horse to fuck a stranger off the internet, vodka will play its part...

Lighting cigarettes with you

MattAaland

« Reply #13069 on: April 29, 2015, 06:10:28 AM »

It's ruining more than my DAY. I've had this CRAZY migraine for about a week now... my first thought was sinus migraine. Then I remembered I broke a tooth (kids: brush your teeth with MORE than just vodka and drink water/milk, not Mt Dew!). The nice thing is it comes and goes so I'll be fine for a little bit and then BAM! Knocks me over the head. I think I've been coping pretty well, I haven't yelled at anyone on accident and I'm trying to breathe and stay calm when someone is pissing me off. At this point, I HOPE it's my tooth otherwise it's brain cancer and fuck that! (Does brain cancer hurt? I'd imagine it does.) Oof, not sure I can meditate this one away.

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #13070 on: May 02, 2015, 02:59:11 AM »

It's ruining more than my DAY. I've had this CRAZY migraine for about a week now... my first thought was sinus migraine. Then I remembered I broke a tooth (kids: brush your teeth with MORE than just vodka and drink water/milk, not Mt Dew!). The nice thing is it comes and goes so I'll be fine for a little bit and then BAM! Knocks me over the head. I think I've been coping pretty well, I haven't yelled at anyone on accident and I'm trying to breathe and stay calm when someone is pissing me off. At this point, I HOPE it's my tooth otherwise it's brain cancer and fuck that! (Does brain cancer hurt? I'd imagine it does.) Oof, not sure I can meditate this one away.

Hot saltwater can be your friend (as can a dentist, but that's a lot more expensive).
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?
Pages: 1 ... 868 869 870 871 [872]   Go Up