THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Like" Amanda? Be sure to Zuckerberg-that-shit, and show her on Facebook... (The Dolls' Facebook is HERE)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 872   Go Down

Author Topic: Shit that ruined your day.  (Read 1033271 times)

redstar

• Are We There Yet?
    • My Music
Re: Shit that ruined your day.
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2008, 12:23:56 PM »

While on my way to NY from Boston to paint a family members basement for money cause I'm pretty much unemployed, I totaled my car in an accident that was WAY out of my control, but likely appears to the powers that be, to have been my fault.

So now I'm unemployed, living in my parents basement, no girlfriend, no car.

but I guess I have time to finish the record I've been recording.

I guess I should try using that college degree to find a "real job."

___ampersand

• Just likes playing hospital.
  • I'm not the girl you think I am.
    • Shameless Plug
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2008, 02:03:26 AM »

I got into an arts school in NYC.
After endless auditions and paperwork and months of thinking I could actually go there with my parent's blessing (and more importantly, money), they tell me that I am not allowed to pursue the arts as a career.

F&%$
The kind who comes to poker pockets stuffed with kings and aces

$ethie

• Fo' five dollahs, I'll suck yo
« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2008, 02:15:32 AM »

After endless auditions and paperwork and months of thinking I could actually go there with my parent's blessing (and more importantly, money), they tell me that I am not allowed to pursue the arts as a career.

F&%$

Fuck, dude. That just fucking blows.
Quote from: .cadenza.
I DREAMT ABOUT HAVING A PENIS. I HAD FANTASIES OF STROKING MY PENIS. AS I DIE, I IMAGINE MYSELF BEING SLICED OPEN WITH A...~ACKBLOODDEATH~

___ampersand

• Shameless Plug
« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2008, 02:16:48 AM »

F&%$

you have no fucking idea. I care about two things in my life - theatre, and my boyfriend.
I feel like I lost a friend tonight, in fact, I just got home after having a near nervous breakdown on Mike's couch.

The Great Ma Chao

• Winstons and Mouthwash
  • Hell Is Illiterate
    • My Myspace
« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2008, 02:30:07 AM »

F&%$

you have no fucking idea. I care about two things in my life - theatre, and my boyfriend.
I feel like I lost a friend tonight, in fact, I just got home after having a near nervous breakdown on Mike's couch.

Fight it. Fight it with everything you have. Threaten to skip college, threaten with everything you can. Tell them you're going with or without their blessing. Take out student loans. Hunt down scholarships. Be the starving artist. Do whatever you have to do. Just fucking go.
Quote from: kelliebean
Just follow her next time you see her head into the bathroom, and corner her. Women love that shit.

___ampersand

• Shameless Plug
« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2008, 02:33:07 AM »

I have no money, there are no scholarships to be had for international students.
I have threatened everything including my life, and they'd "rather that than see me fail at a career."
I am a minor, ergo, no loans.

FUCK.

The Great Ma Chao

• Winstons and Mouthwash
  • Hell Is Illiterate
    • My Myspace
« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2008, 02:45:00 AM »

Then wait until you aren't a minor. Tell them you're very serious, and that you won't betray your soul to satisfy their version of What's Best For You. Get a job and save money for the trip. Just do it.
Just follow her next time you see her head into the bathroom, and corner her. Women love that shit.

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2008, 02:51:16 AM »

i kind of agree. i mean...they led you on, got your hopes up, and then tell you no? that means you would have NO school to go to in the Fall. that means (maybe, i don't know you), but local college for a few semesters, and then getting into a school. and what sucks the most, is that if you take that route, you'll get a job you HATE, and probably end up killing yourself seven or eight years down the line, because you can't stand being a desk jockey anymore.

call the school, and make arrangements. this is what i had to do when i first got into university (so long ago). i called them, told them my situation, but told them i would be willing to do whatever it takes. they helped me make plans.

or, you can call the school, explain the situation, and tell them to give you a year. that way when you do turn eighteen, you can take out loans, and go. and once you're eighteen, your parents have no say.

Shakti

• Poster girl for some suburban sickness
« Reply #68 on: June 12, 2008, 07:17:39 AM »

Don't most schools have some sort of delayed enrollment once you're accepted?  So it's not even like they'd be making special arrangements for you.

You can also tell your parents that you will soon be an adult and then their permission will have no influence whatsoever on your life choices.  "Not allowed" to pursue a certain career is laughable.  And very sad.

On the other hand, it is pretty common for parents to want the best for their children.  I'm sure they mean well and believe they are simply sparing you pain.  Whatever you threaten, however you proceed, try to have compassion for them, knowing that.
My own private highway from the cradle to the grave; I save a bundle skipping middle age and Saturdays.

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #69 on: June 12, 2008, 12:04:29 PM »

For once, MaChao and I are in complete agreement.    Start with reasoned discussion, but if the parents simply can not be convinced, and it really is that central to who you are, you've got to make the decision to live your own life...
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

The Great Ma Chao

• Winstons and Mouthwash
  • Hell Is Illiterate
    • My Myspace
« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2008, 12:19:37 PM »

For once, MaChao and I are in complete agreement.    Start with reasoned discussion, but if the parents simply can not be convinced, and it really is that central to who you are, you've got to make the decision to live your own life...

I saw it as us being evenly split in agreeance.

yosmark

• The Powa. The Powa.
« Reply #71 on: June 12, 2008, 08:10:15 PM »

&, tell them how much you want it... crying works, convince them don´t stop asking it to them until they let you go; if that doesn´t work, look for an scolarship "association" a friend who is with me in college did that and they gave him 50% of the total amount of money per month; those associations are awesome so just let them know how much you want it and how your parents aren´t leting it happen.

I remember my dad was doing me the same when i told him i wanted to study music... even it was hard i conviced them.

So fight for your rights!!! or .. be the starving artist and find a job.

such a classic girl

• ain't got time to make no apology
    • MySpace
« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2008, 06:53:05 AM »

backing out of my driveway last night, i managed to (without noticing) put a huge scratch along the side of my two-week old (albeit used) car, and put a fairly decent-sized scratch on my father's also new (albeit used) car. he hasn't seen it yet.

oh, god.
i'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2008, 10:39:46 AM »

"Damn those neighborhoodkids!  Just LOOK, dad...  They've taken a key to BOTH of our cars! "
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #74 on: June 13, 2008, 01:55:05 PM »

My idiot boyfriend is telling me he preferred me when we were friends, and I've become "a chore".

I wouldn't mind, but we've been going out for FIVE DAYS, and have only seen each other on TWO of them.

He is a retard.

Edit: Ha! Dumped the fucker. On MSN. While he was typing his own me-dump. Now I feel bad... ah, he was boring anyway.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 872   Go Up