THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda's got a blog. If blogs could talk, it'd ask you to read it. It might even say "please."

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sheesh, am I the only one here who reads the NY Times on-line?  (Read 1181 times)

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?

This was in the headlines email I got first thing this morning, so imagine my surprise
to log-in here at quarter-to-8 and see no mention at all....

Seriously, someone's slipping.

Quote from: Giving Love, Lots of It, To Her Fans - in the NY Times
Just before midnight last Thursday in an industrial parking lot in Brooklyn, the singer Amanda Palmer stood
before a few hundred of her fans in a dress made of balloons, urging anyone with pins or scissors to pop
the garment away and reveal her nude body beneath it. It was a typically theatrical gesture by Ms. Palmer,
a 36-year-old performer who calls her style “punk cabaret.” But it also symbolized the extent to which she
has opened herself up to her fans, intimately and unconventionally, to cultivate her career.......

LINK TO FULL ARTICLE
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

RiverVox

• I'm a believer.
  • Goodbye to blueberry pie
Re: Sheesh, am I the only one here who reads the NY Times on-line?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 10:33:47 PM »

I saw this on the tweety yesterday but didn't think to post it here. Is that something one should do? There is also an Economist article:

http://www.economist.com/blogs/babbage/2012/06/crowdfunding-music

I guess if We Are the Media, we should do a better job cross-posting to the Box!
Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten. ~ Neil Gaiman
Pages: [1]   Go Up