THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Itching to see Amanda in concert? Visit the tour page to see if she's playing a city near you!

Author Topic: Shit that made your day  (Read 1399119 times)

Rose

Re: Shit that made your day
« Reply #16920 on: March 19, 2013, 12:14:01 AM »

Soo... I got 103% on my Calculus exam. I'm not sure how I got 103%, since I don't remember there being extra credit. I'll find out tomorrow when I get the exam back. But anyway, regardless, I am so in love with myself and math right now.

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #16921 on: March 19, 2013, 12:55:56 AM »

Last week I submitted my resume to a large company that most of you are familiar with, and I got a response back today inviting me to visit their headquarters for an interview. I am quite excited.

(I can say which company privately if you're curious)
Don't care which...

CONGRATS!
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

meganpaige

• has 74 Indja Points.
  • I am a delicious boat.
    • twitter
« Reply #16922 on: March 19, 2013, 01:13:36 AM »

Last week I submitted my resume to a large company that most of you are familiar with, and I got a response back today inviting me to visit their headquarters for an interview. I am quite excited.

(I can say which company privately if you're curious)

*throws confetti*
"nobody's going to come up to you and tell you to stop cuddling a monk and put your seatbelt on and while i'm over here what the fuck are you doing cuddling this monk?" - amanda fucking palmer

Cirque

• will emerge from the cocoon as a
« Reply #16923 on: March 19, 2013, 10:49:39 AM »

http://lr1.com.br/index.php?pagina=noticia&categoria=mundo&noticia=40793#.UUh4vX0sQEo.facebook

I'm quoted in a Brazilian online news article.
I'm not sure what exactly it says, but go me.

Miranda.

« Reply #16924 on: March 19, 2013, 11:20:56 AM »

http://lr1.com.br/index.php?pagina=noticia&categoria=mundo&noticia=40793#.UUh4vX0sQEo.facebook

google translate

"According to the young Irishman, Shane McLoughlin, 19, the original meaning of the day was the celebration of the coming of Christianity to Ireland. "But the real meaning has been forgotten, so today is a day to celebrate Irish culture, and a great day for tourism," he said."
I could live for nothing but kissing.

5 points to the house of your choosing for awesome crochet skills.

Cirque

• will emerge from the cocoon as a
« Reply #16925 on: March 19, 2013, 12:09:43 PM »

google translate

"According to the young Irishman, Shane McLoughlin, 19, the original meaning of the day was the celebration of the coming of Christianity to Ireland. "But the real meaning has been forgotten, so today is a day to celebrate Irish culture, and a great day for tourism," he said."

Sleep with a journalist and suddenly you're being quoted.
I knew what I'd told him, but not how he'd phrased it. It wouldn't translate for me due to a 'server error'.

Miranda.

« Reply #16926 on: March 19, 2013, 01:02:53 PM »

Sleep with a journalist and suddenly you're being quoted.
I knew what I'd told him, but not how he'd phrased it. It wouldn't translate for me due to a 'server error'.

the whole thing in tiny font so as to not take up too much space.

Under high humidity, sandwiched between snow and rain, Sunday (17/03) was another typical day Irish. But not even the cold was reason to discourage thousands of tourists and residents of the Irish capital, Dublin, to attend the parade Saint Patrick's Day (St. Patrick's Day).

Wrapped in green, which symbolizes the Roman Catholics, the public decorated with hats, wigs, painted faces and flags of Ireland, the festive spirit and showed that no matter the nationality.
According to the young Irishman, Shane McLoughlin, 19, the original meaning of the day was the celebration of the coming of Christianity to Ireland. "But the real meaning has been forgotten, so today is a day to celebrate Irish culture, and a great day for tourism," he said.

For Georgia student Couto, 28, who lives in Dublin 10 months ago, says he was eager to party. "In the week prior, I helped in the making of props, to customize the clothes and also today I set out to come on the show to help organize all voluntarily."

The parade theme this year was people around the world. "It's a parade of marching bands, people, or both floats or costumes, but all very colorful and creative," said Georgia.

More than 500,000 revelers coming from different corners of the world, is distributed in more than three miles of parade involving eight thousand artists from 46 countries. Floats, performers, dancers and acrobats portray what it means to be Irish.

Twelve bands traveled from the U.S. to participate in the parade in Dublin, including the Fire Department of the City of New York, along with 40 members of the French navy, who paraded the streets with bands of Garda (local police) and the National Ambulance Ireland.

This year, one of the great highlights and host of the event was the estsrela Nicky Byrne, former member of Irish pop group, Westlife.

The President of Ireland, Michael Higgins, said after the parade, the Irish appreciate creativity, community spirit and a rich culture. "Actually, our artists are a huge resource of moral worth and high reputation for Ireland."

One of the major highlights of the country's security. "We have many police in all parts of the parade and in key regions will occur where the cluster of people, all very quiet," said Georgia.

ECONOMY - A tourism promotion, called The Gathering Ireland, seeks to organize hundreds of meetings and various activities in the country in order to boost the economy since the fighting Irish rate of 14% unemployment after the economic collapse of 2008.

Meanwhile, with the celebration of Saint Patrick, Ireland recorded an increase in bookings for accommodation of 6% compared to the year 2011, with most Dublin hotels fully booked.

According to Leticia Marcal student, 23 years, the presence of tourists in the country is something remarkable. "You can tell that the city is full of tourists, because we perceive the various languages ‚Äč‚Äčthat people speak in the streets. Several people I talked only came to Saint Patrick, and many of them are struggling to find jobs in hotels, "he said.

WORLD - The Saint Patrick's Day was celebrated around the world. Spotlights lit up in the colors green sights as the Pyramids of Egypt, the Leaning Tower, Niagara Falls, USA and Christ the Redeemer in Brazil.
Other parades commemorating the country's patron Saint Patrick were held across the island, including Cork, Limerick, Downpatrick and Londonderry.

Pelle

• I apparently am a
    • Sorry Bunch
« Reply #16927 on: March 19, 2013, 04:32:12 PM »

"Measure Twice, Cut Once..."  O0

Looks great!

Well yeah they always say twice, I measure at least five times. I'm clumsy enough to measure something wrong three times in a row.

And thanks :-)

My day was made because a new friend visited me and we had a really nice deep conversation. The type of conversation you rarely have with people you've only met twice.

And Jtaylor: Congratulations!  O0

sangrebloom

• I'm working toward something, I don't know what...
« Reply #16928 on: March 19, 2013, 10:14:03 PM »

pistachio icecream
I had to google pegging.

"I'm generally confused - I can't hear you over my obnoxious wealth"

Indja Points:40

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #16929 on: March 20, 2013, 12:04:56 AM »

A house across the street from the Westboro Baptist Church was for sale; the new owners painted it like this:

:brave:

sangrebloom

• I'm working toward something, I don't know what...
« Reply #16930 on: March 20, 2013, 12:58:05 AM »

I love it! It looks like rainbow brite lives there!
I had to google pegging.

"I'm generally confused - I can't hear you over my obnoxious wealth"

Indja Points:40

Annebelle.

• Trampeltier
  • How 'bout a nice and warm Cake Sex Riot?
« Reply #16931 on: March 20, 2013, 11:45:20 AM »

In the category "little things that make me happy": Today, I tried a new shower gel (I usually always use the same), and now I smell really nice.
Quote from: Niels
"if he tells me no I'll do your mum until she hits the floor, eventually I know she's doomed to come right back and ask for more"

Miranda.

« Reply #16932 on: March 20, 2013, 12:14:11 PM »

Everything around me is turning colors!!!!!!!!!! Trees are growing leaves and flowers are blooming and there is wisteria everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yay Spring time. Except for all of the effing pollen all over everything.

Miranda.

« Reply #16933 on: March 20, 2013, 05:15:49 PM »

double post! yay me!

my dad is going to re-do our office and I think the new color is really gross and depressing so he let me do this:

plus I painted it myself and he said I did a good job!

Astica

• Ghost
  • Purportedly decadent.
« Reply #16934 on: March 21, 2013, 03:13:47 AM »

^What's the new colour for the office?

@Topic: I actually pulled through today on little sleep and less hope, and now I get to spend 8 whole hours in bed tonight, which will make me way less likely to fuck things up tomorrow.
Quote from: Indja
I mean really, my sins are my own - i don't wnat some cunt to swoop in and wipe the slate clean. it is my fucking slate. fuck offf.

Quote from: N.U.
Tricorns are fuckbanana awesome.