So last weekend, we (our class) found out that the deadline for one of our assignments is next wednesday (we got the deadline in a mail at the beginning of the year, and usually we get updates about every deadline a month in advance, so we hadn't thought about it anymore). Obviously, no one had really started yet, we'd all done our research, but we didn't start actually executing ideas.
So on monday, I started working, and I've put in about 70 hours of work now (10/day, sometimes more, sometimes less). I am happy to say that I'm nearly finished, with two more work days until deadline. I'll be working on the cover for my book tomorrow, which I'll hopefully finish.
What actually makes my day about this:
1) realizing that because of my hard work, I won't have any deadline stress, as I'll be finished one day in advance
2) other people in my class decided to be lazy bitches and do nothing, they said stuff like: "oh, but no one really knew about this deadline, so I'm sure they'll postpone it for a week or two...", so today we got an email that confirmed that deadline IS on wednesday and that we have to present out work to our lecturers for 60% of our grade (we'll have to present it again in june, to a team of people from other schools and businesses, for the other 40%). It may be mean of me to think like this: but them not being able to finish their work, actually makes mine look much better. I don't feel sorry for thinking this, because I sacrificed a week of fun stuff to finish my work.