THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda's got a blog. If blogs could talk, it'd ask you to read it. It might even say "please."

Author Topic: Shit that made your day  (Read 1013188 times)

Annebelle.

• Trampeltier
  • How 'bout a nice and warm Cake Sex Riot?
Re: Shit that made your day
« Reply #16965 on: March 31, 2013, 01:02:00 PM »

My sister got married so she and her boyfriend could actually be together and not on opposite sides of the world. My mom got married so she and her five kids (us) would be able to inherit from my stepmom should anything happen to her. Also, I don't know how this works in other countries, but here, sometimes being married can be the smartest choice financially.

What made my day: getting some of the best mail I've had in all my life from Jetske. I got a mix tape! :D
Quote from: Niels
"if he tells me no I'll do your mum until she hits the floor, eventually I know she's doomed to come right back and ask for more"

CottonCandy

« Reply #16966 on: March 31, 2013, 04:35:56 PM »

I finished making this rug:

Sense of accomplishment.

Astica

• Ghost
  • Purportedly decadent.
« Reply #16967 on: March 31, 2013, 04:47:09 PM »

Fuck yes that is awesome. 5 points to the house of your choosing for awesome crochet skills.
Quote from: Indja
I mean really, my sins are my own - i don't wnat some cunt to swoop in and wipe the slate clean. it is my fucking slate. fuck offf.

Quote from: N.U.
Tricorns are fuckbanana awesome.

Pope Totalfrog

• AKA Arse Fez von Titty Biscuit
  • Queen of the wild (suburban) frontier.
    • twitter
« Reply #16968 on: April 02, 2013, 07:41:59 AM »

I finished making this rug:

Sense of accomplishment.
I have that rug! My best friend made it for me for xmas and it's hanging on my wall.
Wow. Froggie's like a superhero...
Trick question: No matter how they're prepared, and how hungry you may be, tarantulas are NOT food

Miranda.

« Reply #16969 on: April 02, 2013, 05:19:16 PM »

IM GOING TO MEET NEIL FUCKING GAIMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

holy shit.
I could live for nothing but kissing.

5 points to the house of your choosing for awesome crochet skills.

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #16970 on: April 02, 2013, 05:26:53 PM »

IM GOING TO MEET NEIL FUCKING GAIMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

holy shit.

AAAAAAAAAAH THIS IS VERY EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miss Sahara

« Reply #16971 on: April 02, 2013, 06:57:30 PM »

wha...how come??

Taran

• Swatch Dogs and Diet Coke Heads
« Reply #16972 on: April 02, 2013, 08:57:55 PM »

I'm moving this summer to room with some friends and I just found out there's a comicbook store next to their apartment. ;D

sangrebloom

• I'm working toward something, I don't know what...
« Reply #16973 on: April 02, 2013, 10:48:52 PM »

holy shit.

So jelly I'm red.
I had to google pegging.

"I'm generally confused - I can't hear you over my obnoxious wealth"

Indja Points:40

Miranda.

« Reply #16974 on: April 03, 2013, 03:57:06 PM »

wha...how come??

he is doing his final signing tour this summer and is making a stop in Texas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so freaking excited you guys.

In my head
it will be a magical moment and I will tell him how wonderful he is and ask him for a hug. In reality I will shuffle along whisper a polite thank you, blush furiously, and try not to cry.
I could live for nothing but kissing.

5 points to the house of your choosing for awesome crochet skills.

Miss Sahara

« Reply #16975 on: April 03, 2013, 06:09:45 PM »

wha...how come??

he is doing his final signing tour this summer and is making a stop in Texas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so freaking excited you guys.

In my head
it will be a magical moment and I will tell him how wonderful he is and ask him for a hug. In reality I will shuffle along whisper a polite thank you, blush furiously, and try not to cry.

ah i see! cool. you can do it! i'm sure he'll be nice and stuff, so don't worryyyy

day was made by: AFP date in vienna! there wasn't even a vienna date scheduled before all the dates were cancelled, so where did that come from...
plus the show is open air at the beginning of my summer holidays and, in mini-festival manner, together with Calexico! pfff thank you universe! gonna buy my ticket first thing in the morning.
i'm even considering to go to the other austria show as well...it's 2,5 hrs by train, the night before the vienna show... OPTIONS.

Astica

• Ghost
  • Purportedly decadent.
« Reply #16976 on: April 03, 2013, 09:44:01 PM »

I met Neil Gaiman at the book festival here a few years ago. I think I'd only read Stardust and a few of his short stories at the time, so while it was a lot of fun, he wasn't any kind of idol for me yet. Always seems to be the way with me, I met Richard Taylor and Guillermo del Toro before I fully appreciated them, too.
Anyway, he's lovely. Don't be nervous.
I mean really, my sins are my own - i don't wnat some cunt to swoop in and wipe the slate clean. it is my fucking slate. fuck offf.

Annebelle.

• Trampeltier
  • How 'bout a nice and warm Cake Sex Riot?
« Reply #16977 on: April 04, 2013, 08:46:05 PM »

Seeing daughter perform today made my day (the band, I don't have a daughter). You all should check them out if you don't know them, they're perfect and amazing!  :love5:
Quote from: Niels
"if he tells me no I'll do your mum until she hits the floor, eventually I know she's doomed to come right back and ask for more"

Astica

• Ghost
  • Purportedly decadent.
« Reply #16978 on: April 05, 2013, 02:16:05 AM »

Multiple things related to finding a job. One of them was quite day-making. I feel bad saying more because I am far more fortunate than everyone else on the Shadowbox who is trying to find a job.
Me too, actually. Temp job extended further into the forseeable future than I thought it might be, and a positive interview about a potential part time job. Lets all share and give our fellow unemployed boxers hope?

meganpaige

• has 74 Indja Points.
  • I am a delicious boat.
    • twitter
« Reply #16979 on: April 05, 2013, 02:38:02 AM »

Seeing daughter perform today made my day (the band, I don't have a daughter). You all should check them out if you don't know them, they're perfect and amazing!  :love5:

They are supporting an artist I'm trying to see here in the States...so it's very possible!

Edit: BAH. It's sold out.
"nobody's going to come up to you and tell you to stop cuddling a monk and put your seatbelt on and while i'm over here what the fuck are you doing cuddling this monk?" - amanda fucking palmer