THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda's got a blog. If blogs could talk, it'd ask you to read it. It might even say "please."

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kentucky Fried Cruelty boycot over in Canada  (Read 7108 times)

malcontent

• Taste the wealth of hate in me
    • Myspace
Kentucky Fried Cruelty boycot over in Canada
« on: June 02, 2008, 01:55:16 AM »

Some hate them... some wish they weren't quite as dumb.... some wish they weren't branded crazy for finding something in them that wants to support them.... regardless it's pretty cool and we should all read this

"maybe if my heart stops beating it won't hurt this much..."

$ethie

• Fo' five dollahs, I'll suck yo
Re: Kentucky Fried Cruelty boycot over in Canada
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 02:49:21 AM »

PeTA bugs me.

Farm animals are not intelligent enough to give a shit what their surroundings are. That doesn't mean that they should be crammed into cages, but it doesn't mean we should put them in tiny little apartments with chicken sized beds.

There needs to be a happy medium when discussing animal cruelty legislation. That is, to me, it's perfectly acceptable to eat meat or wear fur, (almost) regardless of means of production, but that doesn't mean you should set your cat on fire and masturbate over it.

Animals are a commodity. However, they're a commodity we must manage very carefully, as they're living things, unlike most other resources.

Back to PeTA, though, I love how they're so hypocritical. Hmm.. and I once got reprimanded for wearing silk by a PeTA member.
Quote from: .cadenza.
I DREAMT ABOUT HAVING A PENIS. I HAD FANTASIES OF STROKING MY PENIS. AS I DIE, I IMAGINE MYSELF BEING SLICED OPEN WITH A...~ACKBLOODDEATH~

Bill H

• Shadowbox Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 02:50:57 AM »

Wow, that's great.  I have the same problems with PETA that most sane people have but I'm glad that they were able to help bring about those changes.

SomewhatDamaged

• The greatest thing to have come out of East London since the plague
  • The devils of truth steal the souls of the free
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 06:31:15 AM »

I just read both Malcontent & Seth's links & had a brainwave.

If PETA started adopting chickens they could kill their usual 90% quota humanly & send the meat to KFC. Therefore negating the need to protest ^-^ :coolsmiley:
Im an alltogether different being, I got black wings of fire & eyes of true seeing

McMullet

• All things bright and beauti-
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 06:49:00 AM »

Then all the cats and dogs could live in the now-empty chicken farms... Purrfect!

Joking aside, I hope this gets carried over to the UK - KFC is about the only fast food restaurant over here where I can't get a vegetarian main meal and end up eating a measly portion of "fries" with beans, salad or somesuch. And grumbling because I could've gone to the chippy instead.
Like slack-jawed never Gnyaarg. Some then folks'll folks'll skunk, some. the but, again Yokel eat a Cletus.
Happy Dog loves to play fetch with a boy named Timmy! Timmy is Happy Dog's best friend. Timmy is made out of meat. Your whole family is made out of meat.

Musings

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 09:35:17 AM »

Back when I was a part of PETA, before I decided I disagreed with some of their techniques, that I cared about the welfare of people more and started working with lab animals, we did a KFC campaign.

KFC, among other things, used to staple the feet of their chicken to the floor of the cages and pump them full of chemicals so they got fat.

That is not right.  I'm a meat eater, and I don't enjoy fur clothing but I'm not going to check if all of my shoes are vegan or not.  I worked for over 2 years with lab rats, and once almost worked in a monkey lab.  However, I still believe that there is a level of humaneness with which you must treat animals.  There is a thing called unnecessary cruelty.
www.upstreamofconsciousness.blogspot.com

"Just dance, gonna be OK, just dance." - Lady Gaga, inspired by Rainer Maria Rilke

malcontent

• Myspace
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 11:59:05 AM »

I don't agree with PETA collecting animals with the only "solution" being euthanasia but at the same time I understand why this is one of the only solutions left for many animals. PETA can't start a farm so to speak and there are not enough people in the world to adopt all the homeless mistreated beaten starving lab animals in the world. I'd rather be given the needle than slammed in a cage pumped full of chemicals or waiting for my turn to slowly painfully bleed to death hung up by my leg.

I am in no way protecting PETA. They are flawed. As with many organizations and charities. It is just easier for people to claim that PETA are useless and are horrible rather than at least listen to what they have to say. Unfortunately it is not all just propaganda. It is however much easier to say it is and then devour an entire bucket of nasty cruelty ridden chicken. Isn't it?

Ask me if I am surprised Canada is the first country to actually fold to PETA's demands? FUCK NO. Ask me if I firmly believe it is because KFC chairpersons finally felt heart broken for the poor chickens. FUCK NO. I'm assuming they are firstly seeing a decline in sales and secondly possibly seeing this as a way to, in the end, up profits. I am sure they will in no time advertise these changes and make themselves up to be some chicken utopia. Am I excited about the vegetarian/vegan chicken alternative? No. I am quite content not eating that deep fried ball of fucking nasty. Although I must admit it took me long before I could stop ordering twisters. They're fucking good.

Animals are a commodity? I am so glad that not everyone in the world shares this view of animals. What a sad world that would be. What a boring and disgusting existence it would be to only see animals as property meant to destroy.  I am also content with the fact that I will NEVER see humans as more important creatures than animals. Even at the tender age of 8 I had something in my heart for animals over human life. Yes I know... I'm cold. I don't care.

That is all.

tw2113

• Agent Semi-Intelligent
  • Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
    • Michaelbox dot Net
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2008, 12:22:49 PM »

KFC pays me decently to cook their chicken
There comes times in every man's life, where he must urinate. For me, now is one of those times, excuse me

85283-071

• tangentrification on a stick
  • M?ust We? Thro?b
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2008, 12:35:27 PM »

Well, Seth is right. It's not even an opinion. Animals are, in fact, a commodity. Not "seeing it that way" doesn't change the fact. Is there more to an animal than its commodity status? Sure, and Seth is right again. We should care about their plight, and we should avoid cruelty where we can, but chickens are our food. We cannot gently coax them through therapy in preparation for a sacred euthanasia. We slaughtered eight and a half billion chickens for food in the year 2000- just in the US. There is a world food price crisis attached to our fuel cost crisis. We will not be a lot of growing sympathy for the plight of our boneless, skinless breasts.

KFC is too damn salty. That's a problem they should fix.

By the way, Mal, "some chicken utopia" is my favorite word combination of the month.
...a little concerned about your sensibilities.

SomewhatDamaged

• The greatest thing to have come out of East London since the plague
  • The devils of truth steal the souls of the free
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2008, 04:25:14 PM »

Im an alltogether different being, I got black wings of fire & eyes of true seeing

Musings

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2008, 05:28:45 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/MwyPI-zKqRs&amp;hl=en" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/MwyPI-zKqRs&amp;hl=en</a>
www.upstreamofconsciousness.blogspot.com

"Just dance, gonna be OK, just dance." - Lady Gaga, inspired by Rainer Maria Rilke

yosmark

• The Powa. The Powa.
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2008, 08:18:55 PM »

PETA raked in nearly $29 million last year in income, much of it raised from pet owners who think their donations actually help animals. Instead, the group spends huge sums on programs equating people who eat chicken with Nazis, scaring young children away from drinking milk, recruiting children into the radical animal-rights lifestyle, and intimidating businessmen and their families in their own neighborhoods. PETA has also spent tens of thousands of dollars defending arsonists and other violent extremists.

I don´t like what PETA has done, i just don´t like them they are pure shit.

I love KFC it´s not too salty W it´s just fine, i love their potatoe mash.

85283-071

• M?ust We? Thro?b
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2008, 09:33:55 PM »

I have an unusual aversion to saltiness.

$ethie

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2008, 10:17:55 PM »

Despite any good that PeTA may do, the organization is marred by its insanity. Any group with "total animal liberation" in mind (which means no meat, no milk, no zoos, no circuses, no wool, no leather, no hunting, no fishing, and no pets, and most importantly, no medical research involving animals) is seriously flawed. I don't give a shit if you consider a laboratory mouse to be on the same plane as humans or not, but medical research is much more important than a few mice. Mice are the most important model organisms in biology and medicine, and without them we'd be decades behind where we are now, medically.

Despite all that, their comics are hilarious, if you ignore the fact that they give them to children.

And Wyatt, KFC is the shit. Get your tongue checked, or something. Their chicken is fucking awesome.
I DREAMT ABOUT HAVING A PENIS. I HAD FANTASIES OF STROKING MY PENIS. AS I DIE, I IMAGINE MYSELF BEING SLICED OPEN WITH A...~ACKBLOODDEATH~

85283-071

• M?ust We? Thro?b
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2008, 11:04:09 PM »

I swear, I just swore off it a few weeks ago. I used to go and grab a breast or two every month. Maybe it's this one spot, but I was overwhelmed by salt. My sensitivity to it has been increasing over the years, and saltiness makes me queasy, which ruins the food experience. It's all in the skin, but if not for the crispy skin, I might as well fix baked chicken at home. I know it's me, but it's a bigger aversion than I can overcome, I think. If they come up with a low soium recipe, I'll give it a try.

It was the last fast food I would eat... fried chicken.

lanskyy

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2008, 11:29:04 PM »

I'm vegetarian, and I'm not a huge fan of PETA. They go WAY overboard with their ideas... but they have some damn good recipes.

KFC on the other hand... I don't know where to start. I abhor that place.
That someone as beautiful as Regina Spektor looked like that as a child should give hope to millions of ugly kids.

malcontent

• Myspace
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2008, 01:38:09 AM »

It's not so much over board as more like organized crime... I just think they at least sway enough sane people to not be considered a complete waste. How many people do you know who give a shit about animals since reading an article published by PETA or something? I am not a fan myself and was actually changed by some of their shit. I didn't become an avid member and I do not support them financially.

As for them giving articles to children.... I have no idea what you're talking about and the link didn't work for me.

The only fast food I eat is Subway Mr. Sub and Lick's every once in a while for a vegan veggie burger. I fucking love veggie burgers. Much tastier than meat burgers. I know... you all think I'm insane.

Chris - Far side?

$ethie

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2008, 03:23:12 AM »

It's not so much over board as more like organized crime... I just think they at least sway enough sane people to not be considered a complete waste. How many people do you know who give a shit about animals since reading an article published by PETA or something? I am not a fan myself and was actually changed by some of their shit. I didn't become an avid member and I do not support them financially.

As for them giving articles to children.... I have no idea what you're talking about and the link didn't work for me.

The only fast food I eat is Subway Mr. Sub and Lick's every once in a while for a vegan veggie burger. I fucking love veggie burgers. Much tastier than meat burgers. I know... you all think I'm insane.

Chris - Far side?

Try this link ---> http://www.furisdead.com/feat-momfur.asp The pamphlet contains graphic photos of skinned animals, and is apparently intended for children. The information is wrong anyway. It says that the animals (used for fur) are killed by being stomped to death, which is never done within the fur industry, as it would damage the pelt and lower the value of the animal.

As for them not being like organized crime:

Quote from: PeTAkillsanimals.com
PETA has given tens of thousands of dollars to convicted arsonists and other violent criminals. This includes a 2001 donation of $1,500 to the North American Earth Liberation Front (ELF), an FBI-certified “domestic terrorist” group responsible for dozens of firebombs and death threats. During the 1990s, PETA paid $70,200 to an Animal Liberation Front (ALF) activist convicted of burning down a Michigan State University research laboratory. In his sentencing recommendation, a federal prosecutor implicated PETA president Ingrid Newkirk in that crime. And PETA vegetarian campaign coordinator Bruce Friedrich told an animal rights convention in 2001 that “blowing stuff up and smashing windows” is “a great way to bring about animal liberation.”

malcontent

• Myspace
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2008, 09:09:05 AM »

It's not so much over board it's more like organized crime...
Perhaps if I used proper grammar you wouldn't be confused.

J_Beck

• Only G-d Can Judge Me
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2008, 12:06:23 PM »

Screw KFC, what I miss is St. Hubert!!! I haven't had it since I was a kid, every time I go Montréal some reason we don't get to go, but I have great memories of roasted chicken or chicken tenders with french fries and gravy.

http://www.st-hubert.com/en/menu.php

After checking out their menu I'm kind of interested in this appetizer

Warm Brie and bruschetta
Warm Brie cheese topped with sun-dried tomato pesto, served with bruschetta and French bread.

I wish places up here would have something like that, hopefully. It's half decent
"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."

malcontent

• Myspace
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2008, 12:57:22 PM »

Screw KFC, what I miss is St. Hubert!!! I haven't had it since I was a kid, every time I go Montréal some reason we don't get to go, but I have great memories of roasted chicken or chicken tenders with french fries and gravy.

Warm Brie and bruschetta
Warm Brie cheese topped with sun-dried tomato pesto, served with bruschetta and French bread.

I wish places up here would have something like that, hopefully. It's half decent

do they have chicken spas in their chicken farms?! If not... I will boycot them next. heh

J_Beck

• Only G-d Can Judge Me
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2008, 01:13:06 PM »

Warm Brie and bruschetta

do they have chicken spas in their chicken farms?! If not... I will boycot them next. heh

Screw that I want my chicken made it a test tube, and never technically been part of the self-sustaining organism.

We can already grow muscle tissue in a lab. So in the future, probably not too distant. This could be done on a large scale and have the cost factor go down so you're technically eating chicken. But there was no "chicken "
"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."

malcontent

• Myspace
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2008, 01:40:03 PM »

Science is fucked up...

85283-071

• M?ust We? Thro?b
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2008, 01:49:59 PM »

Science is a method of asking questions and seeking solutions to problems.

They grew a miniature woman's coat out of mouse stem cells in a flask.

malcontent

• Myspace
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2008, 01:57:51 PM »

Hence it being fucked up. Is the need for a woman to wear a fur coat so great we need to spend millions on growing one?

85283-071

• M?ust We? Thro?b
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2008, 02:06:49 PM »

It was a few inches tall, not meant to be worn and was an art project. It didn't cost much at all, and no creature was harmed.

malcontent

• Myspace
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2008, 02:19:29 PM »

It was a few inches tall, not meant to be worn and was an art project. It didn't cost much at all, and no creature was harmed.

Well thank goodness someone took the time to do that. Where would we be without it?!

I still think science is fucked up. Not fucked up in a fucked up way so much as hard to wrap my brain around. Which is exactly why I'm not a scientist. You get my drift?

dangerpants

• I'd sell your heart to the junkman for a buck.
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2008, 02:21:19 PM »

Hence it being fucked up. Is the need for a woman to wear a fur coat so great we need to spend millions on growing one?

Actually, if you really think about it, apparently pointless experiments such as this one are almost necessary. If we didn't do stupid shit, we wouldn't know our boundaries. This... mini mouse fur coat... proves that we CAN grow clothing, so that if we ever run out of cotton and recyclable materials in the future, we can still make clothing. Creepy clothing, but clothing nevertheless. It also proves that we can grow endless shapes in a variety of cellular materials, meaning we could probably grow whole bones and possibly nervous systems.
Also, this experiment was probably not funded by outside means (like: the government).

Numbers, can we have some linkage? Was that on the news?
So in conclusion it wasn't all the sex you were having, it was his suspicion that you were a vagina elf drug dealer.

85283-071

• M?ust We? Thro?b

$ethie

doritojoe89

• wishes he wasn't a
    • my space
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2008, 07:47:27 PM »

that's creepy...i can't believe it's alive..  i'm kinda like a 7 year old when it comes to this kind of science, if it doesn't have a brain or a face, it's extremely hard for me to accept it as 'alive"
mommy, i want to be a merch girl...

DONATE TO THE BELLY BOOK FUND HERE: http://rebellyon.chipin.com/rbellyon-book-funding  ALL DONATIONS ACCEPTED. $17.00 GETS YOU A COPY OF THE BOOK!!

yosmark

• The Powa. The Powa.

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2008, 08:46:23 PM »

chicken?

~nibbles on a delicious Cherry Pie Larabar~

Haushinka

• finally fell in love with THE WORLD.
  • SHOVE IT SHOVE IT SHOVE IT.
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2008, 10:17:07 PM »

My two pennies-
I'm a strict vegetarian, because of personal experiences in my life that led me to make the decision not to ever harm an animal in any way. I try my best (without inconveniencing myself, I'm not self righteous) to buy vegetarian cosmetics and clothes, and never ever buy brands that test on animals.
However, that is my view, and I would never expect anyone to share it with me. It is important that we have sustainable and fair farming methods, but in this day and age, countries with a high popuation to land ratio could not feed themselves with 100% ethical farming.
I think most people agree that the way chickens in particular are farmed is disgusting, but still there is a demand for cheap chicken products. I don't know if anyone saw "hugh's chicken run", but it proved that most people turn a blind eye.
It is obvious that barn and free range chickens have a much more quality meat on them, and when you conider that a free range chicken can grow to three times the size of a force fed battery hen, the cost seems superfluous.

As for peta. as for peta.....
I can't even put into words how much I despise Peta for cashing in on human goodwill.

Does anybody know gouranga? Another "charity" that do much the same thing. They claim to work in orphanages etc, but the money you donate from ACTUALLY EARNING A LIVING is spent on them keeping up their convent.
Yoshiki Vázquez Baeza.
Future husband.

85283-071

• M?ust We? Thro?b
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2008, 10:31:24 PM »

colordeaf

• New! Chicken of the Galaxy Dolphin Nuggets
    • Gallery of Questionable Taste
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2008, 10:50:37 PM »

http://www.theartnewspaper.com/article.asp?id=7834

This reminds me of the Yuuzhan Vong robeskins from the Star Wars: New Jedi Order books. Essentially they're an alien race that grows their own underwear and everything else.
Dude...  I'm getting high just from being in the same room with you...

Johnny

• Get your leather on
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2008, 09:46:41 PM »

i hear the leader of peta needed surgery to save her life...

the kicker is that they used parts from a cow i think it was (vessels) to do it

even though they are vehemently against any kind of animal testing/animal medical practices......

"I NEED my life to help save other animals"

^ A number 1 CUNT!!
I don't have low self esteem. I just have low esteem for everyone else.

colordeaf

• New! Chicken of the Galaxy Dolphin Nuggets
    • Gallery of Questionable Taste
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2008, 12:45:35 AM »

i hear the leader of peta needed surgery to save her life...

the kicker is that they used parts from a cow i think it was (vessels) to do it

even though they are vehemently against any kind of animal testing/animal medical practices......

"I NEED my life to help save other animals"

^ A number 1 CUNT!!

That's like politicians who babble on and on about how they would end birthright naturalization to the children of illegal immigrants, but wouldn't be able to look say...that student who wrote in to time saying how s/he was an A student but couldn't go to college because they're an illegal immigrant in the eye and tell them they'd take away more rights. I'm just saying that I don't believe in the integrity of people who say things and don't mean it.
Dude...  I'm getting high just from being in the same room with you...
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up